Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299442

At darlings request:

I renamed people to letter for ease at typing this:
A. FILO (Detective who died, I WITNESSED THIS)
B. Janez, who shot the detective and tried running without IDing
C. BrokeN who is a noob at this game and needs a demote (he really doesn't suit the staff team the way he handled this he is just abusing power and bending/twisting rules to his benefit)
D. Grens, who is shot out of the blue just after entering the scene, while walking between me and broken while I am IDing the traitor i shot.

The round starts, immediatly anyone on the fucking planet can hear that there is at least 3 guns being fired in the caves underneath lighthouse. The aug, vector and mp9 to be precise.

I want to check and see if there is anything to ID etc. so I walk down the lighthouse.

As I walk down the shooting continues and person B firing at person A (unkown name but it wont matter much) and succesfully kills him.

I see person C watching this scene unfold IN HIS FACE and ID the body of A a second after his death (A DETECTIVE IT SAYS). The latter happens within the next second, HE HAS SEEN WHO KILLED THE DETECTIVE BY NOW I CAN ALREADY KILL HIM FOR NOT TAKING ACTION. This includes him not questioning B, not questioning A or me. He literally does nothing to help find/kill traitors or to explain why the Detective is dead.

B turns around and tries to run up the stairs but bumps into me, I quickly realize he never intended to ID the body of A so I should kill him and a gunfight starts. I did not yet read the role of A but not IDing his body is enough the moment he turns around he is dead meat for my remmington.

D checks the scene just like I did blocking both me and B from going up the stairs and taking a few shots from B before B goes down.

I walk to Bs body to ID, while I move to ID Bs body, D walks past me and gets shot THE SAME SECOND I ACTUALLY ID THE BODY.

D dies, I quickly realize I heard 3 guns firing and that C hasn't done or said anything about the now IDed Detective he witnessed being killed by B. A, dead, B dead, C => must be traitor because A was Detective and he didn't even call out B after what he saw, he was already firing his gun prior to me entering the scene, but it wasn't at B so he must be his accomplice (simply 1+1=2 math here guys cmon)

I kill C for it because it was WAY to obvious he was actually aiming for me because he had already not taken any action against the traitor, this includes calling anything out in chat. HE HAD FULL KNOWLEDGE AS HE ALMOST FACE HUGGED THE A when he died.

I get reported because broken is a salty staff member with a great need of showing how big his dick is and how this rule can be abused for falsely slaying/reporting people. And i end up with a double warn even though grens could've known that I WITNESSED him do NOTHING when a detective dies and then kill grens OUT OF THE BLUE.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Quimoth.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299446

brokeN is smelly

:minussp:
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1809

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299447

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
I mean as the rules state:
"2.5 Player Versus Player:
If two individuals are fighting, and you have no proof which could be the traitor, you must wait before joining in the fight until one player dies and they either; identify the body/the round ends/you question them."

He could have just decided to not join that gunfight, its still at his discretion if he joins that gunfight or not.
I mean every other innocent would have joined that gunfight and helped that detective but there is nothing stated in the Rules that you are forced to join a gunfight when a detective gets shot of some sort.

So as you claim in your text to Darling, you never have seen BrokeN physically shooting the Detective.
I mean ignoring unIDed bodies is KOSable though, ill give you that but then I would love how the run turned out with actual gameplay.

First n' foremost you cant KOS him based of the shooting you heard neither can you KOS him for not joining gunfights.
Second of all is that you actually don't have to show such a poor attitude in a Forum report.

I mean without actual evidence or BrokeN confirming on what you wrote happened this will prob be denied.
Just wanted to share my opinion on this.
:neutralsp:
  • Insanity
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hush-Hush.
  • Thanks received: 202

TTT Admin
Insanity#0104

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299450

The poor attitude is a result of a bad rule being applied where it doesn't belong to begin with.

If he first doesnt kill the obivous traitor, then kills a random person with what i assumed to be crossfire because that player walked between the two of us. Perhaps you find it flakey proof, but i would 10/10 do it again and take the slay when some staff member thinks they actually got a reason to be mad at me for shooting them like this.

He was just doing a TERRIBLE job hiding that he was a traitor, but on this server we have a rule that is being used all to often to supply and ENCOURAGE this kind of behavior instead of people just taking it like a man.

How is it that this fucking rule is here to boost traitors chances instead of actually preventing mass-rdm (something that is rare as opposed to this rule being abused by traitors).

If you kill an innocent that hasn't fired a single bullet at you, how is that NOT traitorous. The game was a mere 30 seconds going, in that 30 seconds he HELPED kill a detective (deduction made me draw this conclusion the moment i noticed the dead guy was detective). Even if grens had T-baited him, he and grens had not had eye contact for at least 10 seconds prior to him shooting grens, how can he not have typed anything to warn grens or warn others that grens was a T? Moreover he was still full health.

Killing an innocent is always traitorous, unless a reason is given prior to killing or right after if there were no direct witnesses and it was selfdefense. This wasn't selfdefense because again, i only heard broken his gun and even silenced guns make noise, neither were they in melee range or was grens holding a traitor weapon.
I witness someone killing someone out of the blue at round start, they ID, I need to ask why they do it? Is this actually the rule? even if i can confirm that the victim DIDNT DO SHIT because i witnessed every single event that unfolded between the two?
That is how the rule SHOULD be, the only reason i can come up with for the current bullshit that forces me to ask and get myself killed in the process is because staff is lazy.

TL;DR; If i would've asked the outcome would've been one of these: A. I died while asking. B. He died regardless of his response because it was complete bullshit.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299451

Quimoth wrote:
If you kill an innocent that hasn't fired a single bullet at you, how is that NOT traitorous. The game was a mere 30 seconds going, in that 30 seconds he HELPED kill a detective (deduction made me draw this conclusion the moment i noticed the dead guy was detective). Even if grens had T-baited him, he and grens had not had eye contact for at least 10 seconds prior to him shooting grens, how can he not have typed anything to warn grens or warn others that grens was a T? Moreover he was still full health.

Killing an innocent is always traitorous, unless a reason is given prior to killing or right after if there were no direct witnesses and it was selfdefense. This wasn't selfdefense because again, i only heard broken his gun and even silenced guns make noise, neither were they in melee range or was grens holding a traitor weapon.
I witness someone killing someone out of the blue at round start, they ID, I need to ask why they do it? Is this actually the rule? even if i can confirm that the victim DIDNT DO SHIT because i witnessed every single event that unfolded between the two?
That is how the rule SHOULD be, the only reason i can come up with for the current bullshit that forces me to ask and get myself killed in the process is because staff is lazy.

Must agree, this rule more often than not leads to inconvenient situations and can be abused. However, those are the rules and I must believe someone complained about this rule in the past and it wasn't changed. And it is understandable, it prevents (or tries to) more than it allows.

In what I've quoted:
-If an innocent hasn't fired a single round at you specifically, you can't assume he didn't do so to anyone else, unless you've been with him for the entire game.
-I myself often don't KoS or mention anything and silently come up to someone to shoot them in the head in my comfort. If they want an explanation I always do so in the report.
-Killing an innocent is not always traitorous because of an ample of factors: RDMers, nades, crossfire etc. I do not have to give any reason as to why I killed someone unless I am directly asked to do so, according to the rules.
-I often don't join gunfights even if it's a detective, because I cba. If the detective dies, I sometimes don't even bother killing the player and just stroll around. Why? It doesn't matter. If you were to see me witness it and do nothing, killing me would be considered RDM.

In your case (I don't say I support the rules here. I only follow them.), killing player B was the correct play. But unfortunately, Broken killing the innocent right near you and IDing his body, then you killing him right away is RDM. You should've asked. Unless he shot you first, then I do think you're in the right.
  • CatlessCat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 3
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by CatlessCat.

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299452

Unless he shot you first, then I do think you're in the right.

That was most definetly the case because grens got hit even PRIOR to janez his death. yet grens did not fire back (he probably thought the fight was over when I killed janez) right at that moment broken starts shooting at me.

idc what the rules are, he should've known he blew his cover regardless of the rules. Are we some neo-nazi server were befehl ist befehl? These rules and especially this one, require tailoring to each case.

Moreover, I had not one, not two, not three, not four, but five reason to think he was a traitor BEFORE he killed grens. him killing grens as grens stood between me and him while i was temporarily defenseless because i was in the process of IDing the body of janez. I dont care that i should have asked, he made it obvious the moment he reinitialized the gunfight he was my kill target because he was:
1. Not doing shit about the first death he witnessed.
2. The first person to start shooting when the gunfight should've been resolved by me killing the traitor.
3. Grens didn't even fire a single bullet yet, not even at janez who hurt him (see damage logs) or me out of confusion (which would be perfectly normal since he did get shot from my position as I stated, we bumped into each other , all 3 of us)

Side note: according to the skeptic responses I get, I should assume every staff member is rdming regularly, because the inno he killed was staff. And i should assume regulars playing the game not having a clue how to play the game are rdmers too. Again, this all happened in the blink of an eye, I made my choices based on several big red flags raised by broken himself and the fact that the round had barely started. The latter gave me 0 reasons to expect him to actually have valid reason to kill an inno. I actually checked the body before i shot broken, he killed an inno, staff that didn't fire any shots but the ones he fired out of self-defense. Broken was in the gunfight before grens was, I gave him the opportunity to walk away but he restarts the gunfight and gets himself killed because i am not some 0 IQ TTT player that needs to be bound by rules that are here to facilitate traitors and a lazy staff when some traitor makes himself 100% obvious.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299507

Quimoth wrote:
Side note: according to the skeptic responses I get, I should assume every staff member is rdming regularly, because the inno he killed was staff. And i should assume regulars playing the game not having a clue how to play the game are rdmers too. Again, this all happened in the blink of an eye, I made my choices based on several big red flags raised by broken himself and the fact that the round had barely started. The latter gave me 0 reasons to expect him to actually have valid reason to kill an inno. I actually checked the body before i shot broken, he killed an inno, staff that didn't fire any shots but the ones he fired out of self-defense. Broken was in the gunfight before grens was, I gave him the opportunity to walk away but he restarts the gunfight and gets himself killed because i am not some 0 IQ TTT player that needs to be bound by rules that are here to facilitate traitors and a lazy staff when some traitor makes himself 100% obvious.

I am sorry for your frustration. In an "ideal" situation where everyone follows the rules the traitors could win 100% of the rounds, simply by killing and IDing bodies. At some point I stopped caring about it.
You can't play on a server with set rules, ignore them, and expect to be let go. If you don't follow the rules and the player you were against finds it correct for you to be punished then you should be. It doesn't matter how high your IQ is, every server has it's own rules that you must follow if you don't want to be punished.
  • CatlessCat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 3
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by CatlessCat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jam

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299511

It doesn't matter how high your IQ is, every server has it's own rules that you must follow if you don't want to be punished.

Some similar situations:

Basically you're saying that because the nazi's had concentration camps, the people who worked at them did nothing wrong, they followed the rules/laws/orders they had gotten.
Because the Saudi law states that the punishment for stealing is cutting of a hand, it is therefor a just thing to do.
Because the rules state I can call a KOS on my HS, I can just kill another detective (this happened to me once, they did get punished even though the rules clearly do not cover this)

Moreover, I stated quite clearly WHY I shot him. I shot him because he killed the man with crossfire and because there WAS NO EXPLANATION HE COULD HAVE GIVEN TO MAKE ME NOT KILL HIM. He STARTED firing bullets, after the traitor was IDed as DEAD. The same traitor he DIDNT try to kill even though he was WITH the detective and the traitor when the detective got killed.

If someone kills a guy for propabuse or rdming, I can get how you use this rule. But in this situation the rule makes for some really messed up behavior from players.

Again, not only is the rule flawed, it is also still YOUR RESPONSIBILITY not to abuse the rules in situations where they literally DO NOT make the game any better or different. BrokeN abused this rule because he was mad about getting killed. A chat being opened to explain to me that i broke a rule by playing the game and using my brain is a plain INSULT. I get accused of rdming when anyone in my position would've probably done the same if they witnessed what i witnessed.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299517

I'm talking here about someone using the rules to BREAK the game.

The fact that some of you act like he was right just because of him abusing a rule is a SHAME. Just because the rules state I should ask, why should I? When no answer he could've given would've let me keep him walking around without my remmington rounds in his brain.

He THINKS I didn't see him shooting the detective, just because he didn't fire the last bullet doesn't mean I was fully aware it was either him or anyone else down there who killed the detective (and it was indeed him). As I said, i knew at least 3 people were firing. The traitor I killed was full hp when I killed him, he killed the detective. Deduction leads to the simple conclusion, BROKEN MUST BE THE OTHER TRAITOR. He gets pissed at me using my brains and him not using his by putting a bullet in my brains before I do the same to him. That doesn't mean he is justly applying or following any rules. It means he is being a big fat asshole abusing them.

I disrespected him because he DESERVES no respect when he abuses the rules like this. He knew I witnessed him not doing anything about the dead detective, even though it happened right in front of him (he was closer to the action than I was). This would've come to a situation where he would've had to kill me or be killed by me within a few seconds when janez was dead. Instead he goes on killing and I kill him for it because the person he killed couldn't have possibly done anything worse than the person he just tried to let go with killing a detective.

But for the rule fetishists among you: he used a loophole to make it seem like I broke a rule that I didn't even need to break to kill him.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299533

I'm sure you meant: You can know the amount of traitors left by dividing the player count at the beginning of an round by 4 minus the dead traitors. If the division doesn't go even you round the number down. :blush:
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299534

Jumping from a garry's mod server moderator to nazi's damn
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boxy, jam

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299553

The rule that you are required to ask is in place to prevent RDM chains, imagine if someone kills an Innocent which killed an Innocent because that guy he killed was an Innocent. He can be killed upon that if that rule was still in place because he killed an Innocent. The rule is simple if you are certain he did not have a valid reason to kill that guy, like killing a AFK or maybe capping someone at the start of the round. You really could have stated that in the report tbh.
  • Insanity
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hush-Hush.

TTT Admin
Insanity#0104

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299555

If the round is 30 seconds old, and they both spot each other for the first time. with me being behind the guy who gets killed while i am IDing and already eyeballing the guy that didn't kill the traitor... why is it even considered for someone to report.

I am just saying, broken shouldn't have reported and the asking rule shouldn't be applied where it doesn't belong. I had different reason to kill broken already. I didn't join a gunfight... I ended it twice, yet i get warned for joining a gunfight.

How often do I need to repeat, I don't give a fuck that he ID the body, he was on my kill list prior to that simply due to him HELPING the traitor by shooting at me and hitting grens in crossfire (if he really was inno he would've been aiming about 5 inches to the left and hit me OR the traitor)
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299556

Staff doesn't punish people who don't know the Gamemode, they verbal them and explain the gamemode to them.Then they would explain our specific Rules (mind giving them a read). Then when the report was closed after the chat, they would call out in admin chat. "Yeah that guy has received a verbal." If my man doesn't want to learn and keeps on RDMing because on purpose he of course would be punished. Staff Ethos basically states that staff shouldn't punish for honest mistakes.
  • Insanity
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hush-Hush.

TTT Admin
Insanity#0104

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299557

Insanity wrote:
Staff doesn't punish people who don't know the Gamemode, they verbal them and explain the gamemode to them.
yeah you sure about that one?
  • Pengu_
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 101
✮ Best Ex TTT Admin ✮
✮ Best Teamspeak/Discord Admin ✮
✮ Pengu_#6969 ✮

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299558

It wasn't a mistake, read the story and tell me how this is a mistake.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299563

Quimoth wrote:
It wasn't a mistake, read the story and tell me how this is a mistake.

So you know you broke a rule and rdmed but you are annoyed that BrokeN reported you for it?

BrokeN tried to forgive you and I tried to verbal you but you just didn't accept it and then started being very disrespectful. I'm pretty sure everyone knows at this point that the rule is rather difficult for some people to wrap their heads around which is why you wasn't going to be punished for it despite breaking it. It's your own fault that you received this warn and punishment so it's a bit rich that you are comparing us warning you to the Nazis following orders when you are the one that pushed me to take that measure.
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member
The following user(s) said Thank You: jam

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299564

I didn't break a rule. I killed him because he shot at me and killed grens in the process.

You can keep pointing out i need to ask why he killed grens, but I had enough knowledge of the 30 seconds prior to that to exclude the following:

1. Pushing of an edge (we were underground for a while now)
2. Shooting him (Grens didn't fire a bullet yet, he only started firing in self-defense)
e.g. no reasonable explanation to give me to not KOS BrokeN, no need to ask a question that has no answer to begin with.

Appreciate how short 30 seconds are, there is no way I could've missed anything, I heard the guns that fired. I killed a total of 3 traitors and 0 innocents. Nobody except salty noob broken reported me because he thinks i should ask him when he already violated enough for me to KOS.

In addition to that he had already proven to me he was a traitor by letting a traitor walk away after that traitor killed a detective right in front of him (he actually helped as you can see in the damagelogs and I knew for sure there was at least 1 unknown 3rd fighter, janez was full hp, broken didn't shoot janez, thus he shot the detective, simple math)
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299568

Quimoth wrote:
I didn't break a rule. I killed him because he shot at me and killed grens in the process.

You can keep pointing out i need to ask why he killed grens, but I had enough knowledge of the 30 seconds prior to that to exclude the following:

1. Pushing of an edge (we were underground for a while now)
2. Shooting him (Grens didn't fire a bullet yet, he only started firing in self-defense)
e.g. no reasonable explanation to give me to not KOS BrokeN, no need to ask a question that has no answer to begin with.
Again of he is shooting someone and a bullet goes near you it is NOT t baiting and you CAN'T kos for it, even if the round had just started unless you followed grens the whole round which you DIDN'T you can't assume broken is a t since grens could've t baited earlier, he doesn't even have to shoot maybe grens pulled out an un announced t wep, no one is blaming you for not understanding the rules its the fact you started being disrespectful that led to you getting 2 warns.
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

The following user(s) said Thank You: PZGrens

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299569

ik im unbanned wrote:
:minussp: cedevita
:P