Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299570

Gin wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I'm sure you meant: You can know the amount of traitors left by dividing the player count at the beginning of an round by 4 minus the dead traitors. If the division doesn't go even you round the number down. :blush:
What i mean is you can't know how many ts are in an area from gunshots, you can know the total but not where they are.
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299572

I can assume he is a T because he helped kill a detective already. This wasn't an instant realization I had, which is why he could kill grens before i killed him. I didn't check the Detectives body till after I ided the first traitor.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Quimoth.

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299573

Quimoth wrote:
I can assume he is a T because he helped kill a detective already.
didnt see it happen bud
  • BrokeNXD
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 234

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299574

I don't need to see it to happen to deduce, you were the only other guy in the cave and you didn't shoot janez so you shot the detective. It's not that hard to use your brain from time to time broken.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299576

Quimoth wrote:
I don't need to see it to happen to deduce, you were the only other guy in the cave and you didn't shoot janez so you shot the detective. It's not that hard to use your brain from time to time broken.
kosing on sound?
  • BrokeNXD
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Gmaes?

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299579

BrokeNXD wrote:
Quimoth wrote:
kosing on sound?
also why are you coming up with these excuses now and didnt say any of this in the chat?
  • BrokeNXD
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Gmaes?

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299581

It nowhere in the rules states that sound + visual confirmation and further deduction isn't allowed to KOS for. In this particular case it was more than I needed, you killing grens, while I was IDing a body and noticed the guy killed a detective and you let him walk away with it was the final push I needed to decide you were either a very trigger-happy and bad innocent or a traitor.

I WAS going to ask you questions about why you didn't do anything about the detectives death. You killing grens caused me to find it impossible to see any explanation fit you first not acting upon the Detective/Traitor and then just killing grens who you had not seen prior to that moment in that round because grens entered the cave AFTER i did.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299583

BrokeNXD wrote:
BrokeNXD wrote:
Quimoth wrote:
kosing on sound?
also why are you coming up with these excuses now and didnt say any of this in the chat?

Because I was and am very pissed that you even got the fucking balls to report me and not forgive when you blow your cover this much this quickly RIGHT IN MY FUCKING FACE. Grens was the final push I needed, regardless of your answer if I had asked why... you were a dead man to me.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299586

Quimoth wrote:
BrokeNXD wrote:
BrokeNXD wrote:
Quimoth wrote:
kosing on sound?

Because I was and am very pissed that you even got the fucking balls to report me and not forgive when you blow your cover this much this quickly RIGHT IN MY FUCKING FACE. Grens was the final push I needed, regardless of your answer if I had asked why... you were a dead man to me.
Which is were you went wrong, you even said broken could just be a very bad innocent, you can't kos without full proof and broken was fine with giving you a verbal before you started being disrespectful, just admit you were in the wrong and got warned for being disrespectful, rules are rules and I'm pretty sure everyone is tired of repeating themselves
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299588

We can KOS RDMers, which is exactly what I would've considered broken to be if he did turn out to be innocent. with a just reason to back it up.

I already ruled out any reasonable self-defense argument and grens didn't drop anything suspicious on death nor did I see him hold it prior to his death.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299592

mm Well, We can KOS RDMers- IF they give a invalid KOS reason upon asking (or shoot you), If you're not sure of these reasons please view rule 2.7, otherwise how do we know they're rdmers :o
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Boxy.

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299598

Box_ wrote:
mm Well, We can KOS RDMers- IF they give a invalid KOS reason upon asking (or shoot you), If you're not sure of these reasons please view rule 2.7, otherwise how do we know they're rdmers :o

Like i said, i ruled out the chances of him actually having a reason. I was going to question him thoroughly for the events with the detective, but instead he starts shooting the person next to me who had nothing to do with anything. He can ID and complain all he wants, but the moment I IDed i already realized that he was most likely the traitor, all I had to do was make sure the exit to the traitor room was still closed and nobody was around the corner (there is this slight blindspot near that exit where another person, traitor, could've been)
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299601

Quimoth wrote:
BrokeNXD wrote:
BrokeNXD wrote:
Quimoth wrote:
kosing on sound?

What you keep forgetting is that broken did forgive you. The only reason he kept the report is so I could open an active chat and make you aware that you broke a rule and rdmed.
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299605

It’s a gmod server
It ain’t that deep
Relax
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2034

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, Vodka4Gaben, jam, Poltergeist

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299611

a rule i didn't break because i didn't have to, he had no reason to report me to begin with.
  • Quimoth
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299619

Quimoth wrote:
a rule i didn't break because i didn't have to, he had no reason to report me to begin with.
He ided the body so YES YOU DID BREAK A RULE, you can't kos if he ides the person he killed and if he doesn't want to kill a t he DOESN'T HAVE TO.
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299621

In my perspective it is completely understandable why you killed broken. On another server it might have been a good enough reasoning, however, it's not the case here. I am not a rule fetishist. Your comparison to concentration camps/saudi law is way out of proportion and is unrelated. I didn't say you did the right or wrong thing. You've broken a rule so you got punished for it. In my prior comment I even said that I do not support this rule. If concentration camp workers broke rules they would be punished. If you steal under the saudi law, you will get your hand severed. It doesn't matter if I don't support these laws/rules, the fact remains; you break them, you get punished in one way or another.

Your explanation is that within the seconds Broken killed Grens, you ruled out all possible reasons why he could have done that, you've examined the ground and didn't see any traitor weapons, you've made sure there is no one else inside the cave/no other player has been inside the cave, and based on this you killed Broken. This is simply unrealistic. In another server, I'd probably kill Broken too.
2.1 Random Death Match
Players are not allowed to kill others without a justifiable reason. Random Death Match or RDM is the act of killing without a justifiable/valid reason and is punishable. It is required to ask a player who killed an innocent why they did so, unless you can be certain that they did not have a valid reason. Without a justifiable, or believable reason they can be killed. Read rules 2.6 and 2.7 for more information on when killing people is acceptable.

According to the above and the information you provided, you should've asked.
In addition, it doesn't help that you keep insulting others because of your misdemeanor. Even in-game, after Broken reported you, you weren't warned yet. Only a chat was opened. You being disrespectful towards the users in the chat is not the way to handle things. If you'd explained the situation calmly I doubt you'd end up with 2 warnings. Keeping the insults going even in the forum report only worsen your position. You can disagree with the rule, but while it's there disobeying will result in punishments.
  • CatlessCat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 3
The following user(s) said Thank You: jam

[TTT] Staff Report - BrokeN 3 years 3 months ago #1299642

Hey Quimoth,
After talking to all staff members involved, reading through the posts (Ignoring all the useless stuff/hate messages.) I have decided to deny this report.

I have one main reason for this. Broken himself really did not do anything wrong other than keep the report. Broken himself did not punish you.

Even if this was on the staff member that punished you, PZgrens, I would still have denied this report.
The punishment was valid as you RDMed Broken. You have changed your story three times and while I understand what you are trying to say and I understand why you killed him but it does not make your reasons valid. After talking with both staff members it's clear to me you were not next to PZgrens the entire round to know everything he had done up to that point and it shows in your report since nowhere in it did you mention PZgrens shot first.

Your argument that "I heard 3 guns so I know there had to be 2 traitors" is invalid. If you did not witness Broken shoot you would have had no idea if the shots were right outside the cave or in the cave. This is effectively KOSing on weapon/weapon sounds.

You also mention multiple times "I can kill him for not taking action" in regards to him watching someone kill the detective. This is just incorrect. You can't force a player to take any action they don't want to. If the guy lets another guy get away with killing a detective so be it. You can follow them and keep high suspicion on them but it is far from 100% proof that they are the traitor if you asked me.

Even further than that, him shooting in your general direction is not T-baiting since he was clearly shooting at PZgrens. You even used it in one of your replies as the reason you killed him. "I kill C for it because it was WAY to obvious he was actually aiming for me"

Also what do you mean IF Broken turned out to be innocent he would have been joining a gunfight? PZgrens did not attempt to fight anyone other than Broken via the logs you have sent. Someone rule-breaking by joining a gunfight does not give you permission to break a rule and RDM that player either.

Lastly your biggest issues in general is that you are making a lot of claims of what people saw and that a player did this and another player did that but you have no video proof whatsoever of any of this. The majority of your whole post is just you making a bunch of claims and you can't confirm any of them with evidence. The only evidence you provided was that screenshot of the logs. The logs do not prove that Broken shot right next to you, nor do they prove PZgrens had not fired a single shot that round.

I don't want you to misunderstand this either. I understand your reasoning and because of the giant mess this situation is, I will take off your joining a gunfight warning. It does not mean you did not break the rule, I just don't believe it was not malicious enough to warrant a warning.

Your attitude on the server and throughout this post has been terrible. You are insulting people for disagreeing with you and insulting staff members for defending other staff members. Just because people defending the staff member for enforcing a rule does not mean they in any way support that rule. They just understand why the punishment was given and don't think the staff member should be punished for doing it.

No action will be taken against either of the staff members.

Thank you for the report, your warn will be removed shortly.

• Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nay, Henny, Mattors, Boxy, Davidov007 and 3 more...
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

262 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf
0/32