Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111479

Voting Yes

You agree to the suggestion completely and put your faith that this is done as a goodwill effort. With no expectation of profit from our side, we aim to reproduce an era during 2016 that most players statistically enjoyed. Of course this would mean a server had to go down. This choice is not on our side but it would likely replace Jailbreak, Prophunt or Bhop.

Voting No

You disagree to the terms above, and do not find that a server like this would benefit the community as a whole.

Server Name: :zarp:

Suggestion Title: Legacy Server

How would it benefit the server: Bringing veterans back, revive community.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Bias opinions that it's all "nostalgia".

Additional notes:

I have coded (and planned) a server for a couple of months now. It took numerous of planning and ended up being bigger than I anticipated. The anxiety of all the features I needed to add became unbearable and I even had one of my shadows coming out and provoking people. I even had Vitx (who has nothing to do with the server) to come on the team speak server and poke Chuteuk with some screenshots.

The truth is that I've never really been much of a server maintainer, I consider myself more of a builder, the excitement of being able to do whatever you want - I enjoy that process a lot more. I think that point was proven during the Minecraft server we made for Zarp.

So for that I am sorry. I have always been fond of Zarp, ever since the start - and I want it to stick around. Nonetheless my trolling tends to go out of line. I just get bored really easy with the lack of challenging topics nowadays.

This is merely a suggestion. If it is not accepted I'll probably just sell it on Gmodstore or something (anything to compete with TheXnator).

Screenshots:

(Coded stuff)

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

(Map stuff)

A lot of these things are unfinished and still early alpha to some extent, please give ideas on how things can be improved because it's not final.

Please note that it says Vitx in all screenshots. It is because I had him take some screenshots in his name so that he could provoke Chute and others with. Vitx has pretty much nothing to do with the server. If needed, I could probably prove my integrity in any way seen fit. I don't really expect this to take off though hence why I didn't bother getting new screenshots.

Also there is a logo on the F4 menu that is based on the player's profile, but it is meant to be replaced with the :zarp: logo. It's just there for the time being, making it look less flat.

If there are more questions please let me know and I'll try to answer as many as possible. You can also add me on Steam here for private discussions: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198168662044
( I don't bite )
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
The topic has been locked.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111487

:support:
#AspectForLegacyOwner
  • ArranAsh
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
  • Thanks received: 161

Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
My Discord: Ashy #7715
My Steam
My Wishlist
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111488

legacy zar-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111489

ArranAsh wrote:
:support:
#AspectForLegacyOwner

I could if nobody else wanted to, but I'd prefer if some other server managers would want to be leading the server.

Edit: I just realized that most people voting are from after 2016. Meaning that this poll is likely going to have a lot of people registered after 2016 voting no because they didn't play back then.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111496

We all know zarp 2012-2016 is the best get this shit going (or atleast old players know)
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 130
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by OptiC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, Raisin Bran

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111513

yes please, no stupid suit gluon rush 1IQ push meta.
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111517

way to go <3
  • Kylie
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • (͡o‿O͡)
  • Thanks received: 266

Junrey Balawing: and chief is probably 34

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111522

Aspect wrote:
This choice is not on our side but it would likely replace Jailbreak, Prophunt or Bhop.

If any server were to be replaced at the current time, it would obviously be Jailbreak.
Prophunt and BHOP are both very popular in their respective gamemodes, with Prophunt still being one of the most popular servers in the community (obviously the playerbase drops in the week because of school for kids)

Something like this is only really wanted for nostalgia effect, which DEAD has posted about before
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111527

Yea we can all agree that 2015-2016 was the most fun time for zarp, but how do you intend on to keep players on the server for a long time this is a problem we face yea sure it will be fun for a week maybe 2 weeks then it'll die out since there isn't really much stuff you could do. If you intend on keeping players with regular updates what will those updates feature will they add suits, new weapons, NPCs, explosives, printers?
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 638

The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, SorIe

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111550

Butterman wrote:
Yea we can all agree that 2015-2016 was the most fun time for zarp, but how do you intend on to keep players on the server for a long time this is a problem we face yea sure it will be fun for a week maybe 2 weeks then it'll die out since there isn't really much stuff you could do. If you intend on keeping players with regular updates what will those updates feature will they add suits, new weapons, NPCs, explosives, printers?

Good question. The server back then had a very dynamic gameplay and the raids were very different every time. It also had interactive building, that you could get very creative with. There was also a more focus on grinding gang upgrades, items. It was also a lot harder with more competition since the server back then had full players on S1 and around 70 players on S2. These are all traits that does not exist on Zarp today IMO, and I'm aiming to bring all of these back.

That being said, there will be additions added on a regular basis. It is very important to always challenge players with new goals. It will be less about buying booster packs and more about grinding. Gang goals, item goals, achievement goals, leaderboard goals are some of the core ideas. There will probably be some kind of Credits system for those wishing to support the server financially.

The issue when you compare this legacy server to Jailbreak is, that we actually have content that lasts for more than two weeks. There will be goals you can grind months for and some no-life goals that take even longer than that for those willing to do it.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111552

TheXnator wrote:
Aspect wrote:
This choice is not on our side but it would likely replace Jailbreak, Prophunt or Bhop.

Something like this is only really wanted for nostalgia effect, which DEAD has posted about before

Then please explain why the two SSRP servers was A lot bigger then than now. Statistics don't lie.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111593

add mansion district and you've got my support
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
  • Thanks received: 1642

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111609

Aspect, you fucking got my Yes-Vote! And if you ever need help with it, I got some experience aswell...

:plussp:
  • ibraaa
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 252

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111622

As much as this sounds appealing, I really think a lot of it is due to nostalgia which is a hard pill to swallow that I've come to find personally and as well I really don't see it being worth while as not many people want to play a vanilla style server anymore.

Also, what would be the future plans for this server? will it just follow in the foot steps of what Zarp is now, or stay the same as it would be on launch? if so it's definitely not worth while.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, SorIe

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111624

Aspect wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Aspect wrote:

Then please explain why the two SSRP servers was A lot bigger then than now. Statistics don't lie.
they dont lie but they do nothing when not backed up by logical reasoning
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111628

TheXnator wrote:
(obviously the playerbase drops in the week because of school for kids)
I swear you go to school as well.
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111631

SorIe wrote:
Aspect wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Aspect wrote:

Correlation does not equal causation!
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111712

Narexa wrote:
As much as this sounds appealing, I really think a lot of it is due to nostalgia which is a hard pill to swallow that I've come to find personally and as well I really don't see it being worth while as not many people want to play a vanilla style server anymore.

Also, what would be the future plans for this server? will it just follow in the foot steps of what Zarp is now, or stay the same as it would be on launch? if so it's definitely not worth while.

It is not meant to be a vanilla server. I am aiming to do something that 07-scape has achieved. They returned to an era back in time but they are still moving forward and keeping the game fresh. The key lesson here is consistency with all decisions and not float away to something completely else; Zarp went from being a dynamic, creative, varying and unique server - To a Pay2win, richer get richer- shit storm.

For example, the hand cannon but not exclusive to- removed the basing aspect of things completely. I wish to retain those key core gamemodes. Another important factor is retaining a more balanced economy. I understand the argument to why Zarp is fine, however many key parts, such as buying guns is simply a chore and does not challenge the player, obtaining a nuke on the other hand is a prime example of what I'm talking about, and one of the few remaining features that actually is useful.

And no, it won't follow the footsteps of Zarp. It will focus on gameplay, fresh content and balancing. Suits are undecided yet but if they were be added, it would be 300 hp type suits with more creative abilities.

Explosives is likely going to be around from the start. Gangs as well. The gang system will be redone completely.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111723

I see what you mean and on paper it does sound like a great idea although I didn't enjoy 2016 Zarp as much as I did 2014 it would be great to try that again but I just don't see others seeing it the same way, if people have invested time, money and effort into current Zarp why would they want to do it all over again especially if they have invested real money into it?

Everything I'm saying though is purely my opinion on that I think it just wouldn't work as well as some would think, but I could be very wrong also from what I remember Zarp has always been pay to win in some way.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by narexa.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1111724

SorIe wrote:
Aspect wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Aspect wrote:

Well I've talked to people from that era, probably over 100 people at this point. Some are known gang owners that will draw their entire network to the servers. As long as there are enough reasons to play I don't see how this will go to 0. I anticipated Jailbreak to lose its players within a few weeks of release (Source: Mexi) because it lacked enough reasons to play. This is a lot different.

If Jailbreak was given a chance, then why can't Legacy be given one?
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

297 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32