SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1115046

Aspect wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:
if I wanted another separate SSRP server it'd honestly just be permanent mega 3 months summer 2017 because that was by far the most fun time for me, and I'm sure many people who played at the time could agree

Then again, it will inevitably become repetitive at some point so we'd need to implement updates to the server to keep it fresh and going. Not necessarily updates that bring new items to the game, but gameplay updates that can spice things up every now and then.
People complained it was repetitive after a week, doesn't mean it wasn't fun even after 3 months

Yes, it will definitely be fun after one year of running it won't be stale after that at all! It might be fun for a while but with no actual updates to the gameplay to keep it fun & fresh, I don't see why players wouldn't just migrate back to SSRP 1-3 again.

You have completely misunderstood the point of this if you think the goal of this server is to solely migrate players back to Legacy. While that's helpful for the health of the server: The goal is also bringing in more players. The game mode back then was superb and would bring in pure and new players now just like it did then. If you could leave any argument to why not then please, I'm listening.

I think you misunderstood me as well. I'm not saying the new server should & will migrate players to Legacy, I'm just saying that those players who choose Legacy > SSRP might see no reason to continue playing on the Legacy servers after a certain time has passed, and consequently move back to SSRP, leaving little to no players left on the Legacy server.

As for bringing in new players, there's no real way to prove that will work out as well as you think it will. Keep in mind most of these "legacy" server ideas are based on old memories, and while we might've enjoyed the servers back then, it's not a definite chance that we will now. In fact, say we do enjoy the nostalgic nature of the server and we find enjoyment in playing it - whose to say new players will?

I don't know, most of the things I come up with in these discussions are just things that come of the top of my head, but most of the arguments still stand quite strongly; there's really no way of knowing that these "legacy" servers will do a better job of attracting players than our current SSRP servers.

Also, I'm not directly opposing your ideas and concepts, that's something I want to clarify. I'm just trying to think of things you might want to account for and improve on- after all, we would want what is best for the server.

also tour mom gay lol

If some of the stuff I just wrote isn't grammatically correct or doesn't make sense, I just want to note that I'm drunk and that's probably why lol

I see your points but they don't really make any sense to me. You could say the same thing about all servers; how do we know if they will bring in players? There's always going to be a risk element with all the time, effort invested into things like these. But how do we know they wouldn't have worked if we never tried?

And yes there is a way to know how well it will do to a large extent. I have aimed to recreate Zarp 2016 that had a lot of popularity. The game was interesting, had lots of dynamic mechanics and so on. But again, we can't know if we don't try it.

I have taken measurements, by closely studying by taking notes of the game mode, talked to over 100 people about what they found joy and made sure it's not nostalgia based. There is also a lot of content to explore that is exclusive and not available on the current Zarp servers.

I believe I already mentioned that the only way for us to really find out is through simply going through with it, so I'm on your side in that case.

I was simply trying to make you aware of certain things because from the way you conveyed yourself it looked like you were overlooking some of the things I talked about earlier. This might be an error on my end, though, because I generally don't want to spend too much time on these threads and I might have brushed over some of the things you've said previously.

Addressing your second argument, do you remember Jailbreak? That idea sure was good in theory but it did not go well in practice. And while your server idea might sound good, that doesn't mean it will turn out good when executed either. This argument in particular just seems pointless on your end and it doesn't really further the discussion. We both said it; we can only find out how it fares in practice, so let's dismiss this argument completely.

Anyway, your third argument/paragraph is a good response, I like it. It shows that you actually have taken the necessary measures to prevent what I previously mentioned; good job on that. That gives me a fair bit of hope for the server, and I can trust that you're probably aware of most of the things I'd mention in the future.

I'll shift the focus of my arguments to interesting features and improvements to the server itself in the future since it seems like my arguments on the welfare of the server aren't really required anymore.

TL;DR: Seems like we agree on most things, just miscommunication on both ends. We're both aware of the risks and I just wanted to make sure of that. Also, I'm glad you're focused on taking the measures to ensure nostalgia isn't a part of the equation.

@RealDenis: Virtually all ZARP servers have used some form of Gmodstore content, bighead. You don't actually accomplish anything by posting it here.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Rick Townsend. Reason: YIKES! ZOINKS!!! WHAT WAS THAT GRAMMAR! RETARD ALERT WTF!
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1115570

Sure, but would have to be made well and to the highest quality.
Would have to be managed and ran well.
Would have to have a lot of dedication from the community and staff teams.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116324

bump that shit
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116479

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
This is exactly like perp and that is probably why it will never happen you are creating something to live in the glory of something else. Most of the time that doesn't work and you pulling the excuse of "why don't you do it" its because it would take ages getting back to the "good old days".

Really I wouldn't mind disabling some items on certain days and seeing how that goes. Heck I wouldn't even mind disabling it on maybe server 2 but you would have to say what you would like otherwise making a whole new server is an annoying and time-consuming and generally won't do what you think it will for the community.
In the most constructive way possible, you used a loy of words to say absolutely nothing in that first paragraph. The second paragraph however makes me hopeful. I definitely don’t think that disabling explosives a couple of days a week would have the same effect as a whole new server.

You say a new server would take a lot of time and effort but you have to work to achieve things. I understand that Zarp has become an easy money generator over the last 1-2 years which needs little to no maintenance but the work you have been doing is most definitely putting a stop to this mindset. This repetitive cycle of Chute’s absolutely shit updates with recycled content is not making the community any happier, I believe this might, so put your effort into this instead.

Sorry if I’m really incoherent, I’m extremely tired
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116486

EmptyMagz wrote:
There is no roleplay left in zarpgaming nowadays, this is a great opportunity for new players and darkrp veterans, I honestly think this is the best thing we can do to revive this community and bring new players. It's not about nostalgia, it's about entertainment and fun. Temporarily disabling a bunch of items won't fix anything, the economy is broken.

Could of used a better video than a hypocrite's, just saying :^)
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, Micky, CBT

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116487

EmptyMagz wrote:
There is no roleplay left in zarpgaming nowadays, this is a great opportunity for new players and darkrp veterans, I honestly think this is the best thing we can do to revive this community and bring new players. It's not about nostalgia, it's about entertainment and fun. Temporarily disabling a bunch of items won't fix anything, the economy is broken.

Though the video you've linked is quite hard to watch and Skeleton is pretty shit (and a hypocrite); it's still a problem, and something that I'm aiming to solve. There would never be stupid 2k hp suits with 0 tradeoffs like that. Thanks for your opinion.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116490

EmptyMagz wrote:
I think everyone knows what he means with his video anyways. Yeah you are right Clarky but it still shows some things that we should fix. We should do something before this happens:

What does that image have to do with anything, you're not making very much sense
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116494

Clarky wrote:
EmptyMagz wrote:
I think everyone knows what he means with his video anyways. Yeah you are right Clarky but it still shows some things that we should fix. We should do something before this happens:

What does that image have to do with anything, you're not making very much sense

I believe he's trying to say the server is dead. It hasn't been the case ever (to my knowledge) ever since Chuteuk took over Zarp that we've seen difficulties finding new admins over a week, and that a Legacy server would be healthy for Zarp.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116498

EmptyMagz wrote:
Yeah thats what I mean Clarky. The server will die soon if we don't do anything. We should make a legacy server.
Although the server gets around 30+ players everyday, I understand it's a decrease in comparison to the other years but we have plenty of ideas to help out new players and adding some core game play stuff to do that will hopefully come to the server - ever since October 2018, we have released 9 updates and overhauled quite a lot of things already so we are trying our best to make SSRP enjoyable again and that's why DEAD made a topic asking for honest feedback. A legacy SSRP server will simply not happen at this moment and I cannot speak if it will happen in the future but this is how we want to keep things with our SSRP servers at the moment.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116527

I feel like this server should have the jugg before they got buffed, especially so we can have another I JUST LOST MY FUCKING JUGG SUIT
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1995
The following user(s) said Thank You: CBT

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116540

pretty cool :)
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 96

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116583

Nikoo wrote:
I feel like this server should have the jugg before they got buffed, especially so we can have another I JUST LOST MY FUCKING JUGG SUIT

There wouldn't be any suits at first and if it wasn't enough content on the server we would probably look to add suits. I have some pretty good ideas for making sure it never goes to the extent where it feels unfair. The better player will always win over time, and if there are worse players with a bigger arsenal they may have the advantage at but they'll lose it all in the long run.

I also aim to set certain limits to make sure people don't just pull out another jugg + tgun whenever they die. I don't see gluon guns happening either, ever.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1116626

You say a new server would take a lot of time and effort but you have to work to achieve things. I understand that Zarp has become an easy money generator over the last 1-2 years which needs little to no maintenance but the work you have been doing is most definitely putting a stop to this mindset. This repetitive cycle of Chute’s absolutely shit updates with recycled content is not making the community any happier, I believe this might, so put your effort into this instead.

It's an interesting perspective, this. I remember making solid memes about Zarp being eco-friendly because of this. A lot of motivation was lost with a Case that gives you a case from a previous update. To top that you have even worse odds of opening that hyper suit you really wanted because you got a gencorp case instead.

I had a lot of fun playing the server with the creative updates such as when the wheel was first introduced, or maybe when explosives themselves came to the server. The odds of getting a steam game with the wheel was pretty much 1/3 and I ended opening either that or a gencorp case. After they adjusted the odds so you basically had 1/100 of getting what you wanted it got a lot more boring to play and the grinding became too repetitive.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1121246

Y'all mind if I bump this because I think this is a really important talking point in the community and something that should be considered if nothing else.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by narexa.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1121536

Narexa wrote:
Y'all mind if I bump this because I think this is a really important talking point in the community and something that should be considered if nothing else.

:cheer: :cheer:
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1121562

I don’t know why you are pouring lots of time into this because if it did get excepted they have all the previous game mode versions...
  • _Max
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sup
  • Thanks received: 1002

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1121571

_Max wrote:
I don’t know why you are pouring lots of time into this because if it did get excepted they have all the previous game mode versions...

I don't understand sir
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1121579

Narexa wrote:
_Max wrote:

I don't understand sir

Pretty sure what he means is that chute still has all the versions of SSRP from before any updates. So if he wanted he could host a server with say stuff only up to the hyper suit easter update or even earlier versions of it. So technicaly I guess he could just load up one of the earliest versions where milkors and M202 were the best items you could get.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Jool.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1121580

Jool wrote:
Narexa wrote:
_Max wrote:

I don't understand sir

Pretty sure what he means is that chute still has all the versions of SSRP from before any updates. So if he wanted he could host a server with say stuff only up to the hyper suit easter update or even earlier versions of it. So technicaly I guess he could just load up one of the earliest versions where milkors and M202 were the best items you could get.

Ohhh okay, if anything that's a good thing though
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1121582

_Max wrote:

I did ask the owners and they said that they would have to pour into lots of time themselves into remaking old school Zarp because those versions have bugs in them for instance. This I've done is also somewhat of a revamp so it's not really a copy. It's more of a gamemode derived from the Zarp with its own style.

It has been one of their main excuses from their side, which is the reason this project was born.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

218 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32