Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113335

Ezehzz wrote:
Who are these dumbos voting no? :? :? :?

Chute and his followers :evil:

(Chute has basically convinced the rest of the lead team that the server is fine and that legacy would only split the player base etc)
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 5 years 1 day ago by catboy sven ツ.
The topic has been locked.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113337

Do I get a pink tag?
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113340

Sally wrote:
Do I get a pink tag?
No but your staff image will be this

Not gonna lie it kinna fresh do :blink:
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1823
Jay House number 1 as always

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113344

Freddie_ wrote:
Sally wrote:
Do I get a pink tag?
No but your staff image will be this

Not gonna lie it kinna fresh do :blink:

Dude what the fuck, I thought spoilers weren't allowed??!?!?!
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeppe, Lerpson

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113350

The front-end on most of these things could definitely be improved, I'd be able to help with that if it's necessary.

Also, I'd suggest perhaps deviating from the "legacy" concept and rather focusing on making a DarkRP server that perhaps values different things than what is currently on our main SSRP servers. Perhaps you could go the SRP route and create a more serious roleplaying experience like PERP, so we can give them some competition and attract players from that general player-base.

I think a legacy server isn't exactly what's necessary so I vote no on that idea itself, but if you elaborate on the server itself and shift the focus to something different than our current servers - (try something that would attract a new player-base rather than our current SSRP player-base) - I'm all for trying something new in that regard.

Anyhow, it seems like you've put some good effort into the showcase of the server so I wish you good luck nonetheless, I hope you take some of my criticism and use it to create something great. Have fun! ¨

P.S. I might edit this post later to elaborate.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Mr. Richard

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113370

Rick Johnson wrote:
The front-end on most of these things could definitely be improved, I'd be able to help with that if it's necessary.

Also, I'd suggest perhaps deviating from the "legacy" concept and rather focusing on making a DarkRP server that perhaps values different things than what is currently on our main SSRP servers. Perhaps you could go the SRP route and create a more serious roleplaying experience like PERP, so we can give them some competition and attract players from that general player-base.

I think a legacy server isn't exactly what's necessary so I vote no on that idea itself, but if you elaborate on the server itself and shift the focus to something different than our current servers - (try something that would attract a new player-base rather than our current SSRP player-base) - I'm all for trying something new in that regard.

Anyhow, it seems like you've put some good effort into the showcase of the server so I wish you good luck nonetheless, I hope you take some of my criticism and use it to create something great. Have fun! ¨

• SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeronise, Rick Townsend

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113371

if I wanted another separate SSRP server it'd honestly just be permanent mega 3 months summer 2017 because that was by far the most fun time for me, and I'm sure many people who played at the time could agree
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Last Edit: 5 years 1 day ago by SorIe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Townsend

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113372

SorIe wrote:
if I wanted another separate SSRP server it'd honestly just be permanent mega 3 months summer 2017 because that was by far the most fun time for me, and I'm sure many people who played at the time could agree

Then again, it will inevitably become repetitive at some point so we'd need to implement updates to the server to keep it fresh and going. Not necessarily updates that bring new items to the game, but gameplay updates that can spice things up every now and then.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113373

Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

Then again, it will inevitably become repetitive at some point so we'd need to implement updates to the server to keep it fresh and going. Not necessarily updates that bring new items to the game, but gameplay updates that can spice things up every now and then.

yeah theres no real way any legacy server or something similar wouldn't just become stale
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113377

Honestly thats a good idea.
But a good idea not always end up being popular or shid like that.
If a legacy server is being introduced in the community it will definetly end up like the murder server.
Peoples will get bored.
You can't force a new generation of players, which is 70% of the entire active community to get thrown back in the days to feel what Zarp used to be.
They will get bored very fast, and sadly peoples will never stick up to the server, because the generation of old school players is gone.
A PERP or a serious RP server would definetly be a better choice and will be popular as Prop Hunt and TTT.
Because this will eventually atract a new generation of players if Zarp adds the Zarp touch.
What i mean by "Zarp touch" is something like suits & special weapons introduced on SSRP.
It could be either specials addons made by the devs or idk, a Zarp touch that will make the serious RP server unique to atract new players.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113381

ToBeHonest wrote:
Honestly thats a good idea.
But a good idea not always end up being popular or shid like that.
If a legacy server is being introduced in the community it will definetly end up like the murder server.
Peoples will get bored.
You can't force a new generation of players, which is 70% of the entire active community to get thrown back in the days to feel what Zarp used to be.
They will get bored very fast, and sadly peoples will never stick up to the server, because the generation of old school players is gone.
A PERP or a serious RP server would definetly be a better choice and will be popular as Prop Hunt and TTT.
Because this will eventually atract a new generation of players if Zarp adds the Zarp touch.
What i mean by "Zarp touch" is something like suits & special weapons introduced on SSRP.
It could be either specials addons made by the devs or idk, a Zarp touch that will make the serious RP server unique to atract new players.

Any good server should have exclusive content. Special weapons aren't precisely perfect for a PERP-type server, but there are always other things to implement. We should look at what PERP(heads)- and other servers have and then match it.

In fact, we don't merely want to match the biggest PERP server(s) but we also want to add something to make our own server stand out. We'll have to think of things to add onto the server that are unique- and that will give players a reason to come to OUR server and not any other servers.

I haven't too much of an idea on what features PERP servers do and don't have, but I'll be sure to look into it some time to see if I can help with some ideas!
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 day ago #1113539

SorIe wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:

“PLPD open up!”
“Why do I hear lockpicking?”
  • JakeTheDog_
  • Gold Boarder
  • Silent March till the end
  • Thanks received: 310

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 23 hours ago #1113574

Yes and vitx/aspect for owners!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, SorIe

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 16 hours ago #1113635

Rick Johnson wrote:

I read all your comments but I'm replying to this one. To start of I was probably the only one who knew Jailbreak was going to die (ask mexi lol). The entire community anticipated that Jailbreak was gonna be great and had huge support from the entire community, but few weeks later it was dead. The Jailbreak game mode itself was repetitive, you didn't progress anyhow and there was a lack of updates etc.

It doesn't really matter if we have old school Zarp players coming to play or not. The SSRP game mode itself was intriguing back then, why else did those old school players play that in the first place?

There are a lot things I have planned for the server. I only showcased the overall content but there is a lot more to it. It's not super important that things stay fresh constantly (just look at current ssrp servers), rather it's important that the overall game mode is fun to play for a longer time. I haven't finished everything yet so I don't want to disclose those details.

The UI will be updated over time, but we need to adapt and have players sharing feedback on how it feels to be using it first and then change towards that.

Also why would anyone want to put an effort into Perp? That game has so much custom shit and it probably took them years to build. Also it has a more serious game mode so it's 10x harder to maintain a serious emersion. I am sorry but I don't trust that Zarp community overall knows what they're talking about after the Jailbreak meme, my opinion only.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 5 years 16 hours ago by catboy sven ツ.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 16 hours ago #1113636

Blocked wrote:
SorIe wrote:

At this point why not have a x5 server instead, similar to what some Rust servers have, which focuses less on the grinding and more on the gameplay, that should interest both new and old players.

Grinding is a core part of what makes SSRP fun, it's going to take a long time to obtain all items on this server, and once they achieved those, there will be more things. Of course there will be ways to donate and speed up progress, not pay2win though.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 16 hours ago #1113637

Sally wrote:
Do I get a pink tag?

yasss
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 15 hours ago #1113640

Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

People complained it was repetitive after a week, doesn't mean it wasn't fun even after 3 months
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 15 hours ago #1113646

Aspect wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:

I read all your comments but I'm replying to this one. To start of I was probably the only one who knew Jailbreak was going to die (ask mexi lol). The entire community anticipated that Jailbreak was gonna be great and had huge support from the entire community, but few weeks later it was dead. The Jailbreak game mode itself was repetitive, you didn't progress anyhow and there was a lack of updates etc.

It doesn't really matter if we have old school Zarp players coming to play or not. The SSRP game mode itself was intriguing back then, why else did those old school players play that in the first place?

There are a lot things I have planned for the server. I only showcased the overall content but there is a lot more to it. It's not super important that things stay fresh constantly (just look at current ssrp servers), rather it's important that the overall game mode is fun to play for a longer time. I haven't finished everything yet so I don't want to disclose those details.

The UI will be updated over time, but we need to adapt and have players sharing feedback on how it feels to be using it first and then change towards that.

Also why would anyone want to put an effort into Perp? That game has so much custom shit and it probably took them years to build. Also it has a more serious game mode so it's 10x harder to maintain a serious emersion. I am sorry but I don't trust that Zarp community overall knows what they're talking about after the Jailbreak meme, my opinion only.

I suppose we'll just have to see how the server turns out then. I'm frankly just saying that if you want to avoid Chute's arguments of "splitting the fanbase" perhaps a PERP-like server would be something to consider, or even a different game mode overall because if you already know Chute opposes legacy servers then, honestly, what's the point?

Also, I'd like to point out that I didn't actually have an opinion at all when Jailbreak came around, so distrusting me on that basis is just false lol
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 15 hours ago #1113647

Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

People complained it was repetitive after a week, doesn't mean it wasn't fun even after 3 months

Yes, it will definitely be fun after one year of running it won't be stale after that at all! It might be fun for a while but with no actual updates to the gameplay to keep it fun & fresh, I don't see why players wouldn't just migrate back to SSRP 1-3 again.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 12 hours ago #1113675

Rick Johnson wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

Yes, it will definitely be fun after one year of running it won't be stale after that at all! It might be fun for a while but with no actual updates to the gameplay to keep it fun & fresh, I don't see why players wouldn't just migrate back to SSRP 1-3 again.
Because they would instead complain how much that server is boring
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

233 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1