Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 6 hours ago #1113732

Aspect wrote:
Ezehzz wrote:
Who are these dumbos voting no? :? :? :?

Chute and his followers :evil:

(Chute has basically convinced the rest of the lead team that the server is fine and that legacy would only split the player base etc)
that convinces us to accept your suggestion thank for input
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The topic has been locked.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 5 hours ago #1113737

Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:
if I wanted another separate SSRP server it'd honestly just be permanent mega 3 months summer 2017 because that was by far the most fun time for me, and I'm sure many people who played at the time could agree

Then again, it will inevitably become repetitive at some point so we'd need to implement updates to the server to keep it fresh and going. Not necessarily updates that bring new items to the game, but gameplay updates that can spice things up every now and then.
People complained it was repetitive after a week, doesn't mean it wasn't fun even after 3 months
You're so wrong, me and so many people from BiB had so much fun for weeks during the summer and after it too with basing, raiding and defending, it did get boring after a while but it was most certainly two months of nonstop gang rivalry that goes down in history as one of best fun moments of mine in ZARP for someone who started in 2015.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, SorIe, Sam the Sausage

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 5 hours ago #1113738

Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:
if I wanted another separate SSRP server it'd honestly just be permanent mega 3 months summer 2017 because that was by far the most fun time for me, and I'm sure many people who played at the time could agree

Then again, it will inevitably become repetitive at some point so we'd need to implement updates to the server to keep it fresh and going. Not necessarily updates that bring new items to the game, but gameplay updates that can spice things up every now and then.
People complained it was repetitive after a week, doesn't mean it wasn't fun even after 3 months
You're so wrong, me and so many people from BiB had so much fun for weeks during the summer and after it too with basing, raiding and defending, it did get boring after a while but it was most certainly two months of nonstop gang rivalry that goes down in history as one of best fun moments of mine in ZARP for someone who started in 2015.
tama was saying it was fun, even if it was repetitive
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 5 hours ago #1113739

SorIe wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

tama was saying it was fun, even if it was repetitive
shut up idiot god sorle always have to ruin everything
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 3 hours ago #1113782

Rick Johnson wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
The front-end on most of these things could definitely be improved, I'd be able to help with that if it's necessary.

Also, I'd suggest perhaps deviating from the "legacy" concept and rather focusing on making a DarkRP server that perhaps values different things than what is currently on our main SSRP servers. Perhaps you could go the SRP route and create a more serious roleplaying experience like PERP, so we can give them some competition and attract players from that general player-base.

I think a legacy server isn't exactly what's necessary so I vote no on that idea itself, but if you elaborate on the server itself and shift the focus to something different than our current servers - (try something that would attract a new player-base rather than our current SSRP player-base) - I'm all for trying something new in that regard.

Anyhow, it seems like you've put some good effort into the showcase of the server so I wish you good luck nonetheless, I hope you take some of my criticism and use it to create something great. Have fun! ¨

P.S. I might edit this post later to elaborate.

I read all your comments but I'm replying to this one. To start of I was probably the only one who knew Jailbreak was going to die (ask mexi lol). The entire community anticipated that Jailbreak was gonna be great and had huge support from the entire community, but few weeks later it was dead. The Jailbreak game mode itself was repetitive, you didn't progress anyhow and there was a lack of updates etc.

It doesn't really matter if we have old school Zarp players coming to play or not. The SSRP game mode itself was intriguing back then, why else did those old school players play that in the first place?

There are a lot things I have planned for the server. I only showcased the overall content but there is a lot more to it. It's not super important that things stay fresh constantly (just look at current ssrp servers), rather it's important that the overall game mode is fun to play for a longer time. I haven't finished everything yet so I don't want to disclose those details.

The UI will be updated over time, but we need to adapt and have players sharing feedback on how it feels to be using it first and then change towards that.

Also why would anyone want to put an effort into Perp? That game has so much custom shit and it probably took them years to build. Also it has a more serious game mode so it's 10x harder to maintain a serious emersion. I am sorry but I don't trust that Zarp community overall knows what they're talking about after the Jailbreak meme, my opinion only.

I suppose we'll just have to see how the server turns out then. I'm frankly just saying that if you want to avoid Chute's arguments of "splitting the fanbase" perhaps a PERP-like server would be something to consider, or even a different game mode overall because if you already know Chute opposes legacy servers then, honestly, what's the point?

Also, I'd like to point out that I didn't actually have an opinion at all when Jailbreak came around, so distrusting me on that basis is just false lol

Chute is a hypocrite if he ever said that. Why would he make 3 different SSRP servers then in the first place?

Edit: If a server is bringing in more players to the community, this won't be a problem. the SSRP 2 & 3 servers caused some serious downfalls for the SSRP 1 server.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 5 years 2 hours ago by catboy sven ツ.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 2 hours ago #1113783

Rick Johnson wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

Yes, it will definitely be fun after one year of running it won't be stale after that at all! It might be fun for a while but with no actual updates to the gameplay to keep it fun & fresh, I don't see why players wouldn't just migrate back to SSRP 1-3 again.

You have completely misunderstood the point of this if you think the goal of this server is to solely migrate players back to Legacy. While that's helpful for the health of the server: The goal is also bringing in more players. The game mode back then was superb and would bring in pure and new players now just like it did then. If you could leave any argument to why not then please, I'm listening.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 2 hours ago #1113784

Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

All thanks to Azgeda B)
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 2 hours ago #1113792

This is exactly like perp and that is probably why it will never happen you are creating something to live in the glory of something else. Most of the time that doesn't work and you pulling the excuse of "why don't you do it" its because it would take ages getting back to the "good old days".

Really I wouldn't mind disabling some items on certain days and seeing how that goes. Heck I wouldn't even mind disabling it on maybe server 2 but you would have to say what you would like otherwise making a whole new server is an annoying and time-consuming and generally won't do what you think it will for the community.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Last Edit: 5 years 1 hour ago by DEADMONSTOR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 2 hours ago #1113794

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Really I wouldn't mind disabling some items on certain days and seeing how that goes. Heck I wouldn't even mind disabling it on maybe server 2 but you would have to say what you would like otherwise making a whole new server is an annoying and time-consuming and generally won't do what you think it will for the community.
I double dog dare you!
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 hour ago #1113817

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
This is exactly like perp and that is probably why it will never happen you are creating something to live in the glory of something else. Most of the time that doesn't work and you pulling the excuse of "why don't you do it" its because it would take ages getting back to the "good old days".

Lemme expand upon this as some people take this as we don't want to do this. You have to realize that going down this route is going to take a lot of time and I would like to try out other suggestions and ideas before I jump right into something that I don't even know will work out in the end. That is why I suggested something that if liked we could jump on and maybe start a leagcy server if people like the experiments that would have been done.

I am honested conflicted if I want to do this as people say it is going to instantly revive the server which I really do doubt but let's have a discussion first
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 5 years 1 hour ago #1113818

Ngl the UI design does look pretty bad though & im not trying to say ZARP's look bad, that is more tidied up and looks neater in comparison to the one you suggested.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1114490

Clarky wrote:
Ngl the UI design does look pretty bad though & im not trying to say ZARP's look bad, that is more tidied up and looks neater in comparison to the one you suggested.

Some parts will be revamped, such as gangs. Is there more things needing chance?
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1114497

I have decided to share a snippet out of the google document I use to refer from (for good reason), to shed some light on what I'm working on, mostly due to people thinking this will be an exact copy of Zarp As you see a lot of things are very different from Zarp:

Gangs tab.
The current design is redone completely. Goal is to recreate the following design (including the icons) and integrate it with the Interface (https://imgur.com/a/YUWuCdD). As seen from the reference: There are a ton of features for the player manage their gang with, obviously the gang Owner gets the vital powers but he can also promote officers to kick/invite people. It also comes with as a leaderboards tab that is based on which gang has the highest experience. The things left out from the imgur reference are the gang loot system and the ‘Pending Applications’ button. Instead of having gang loot, you gain Gang experience for your gang by collecting money from money printers, the experienced gained is based on how much money you collect. There is a bar on the bottom displaying how you are progressing, as well as a x/y displaying the exact numbers. Ability to add further upgrades is done with ease using the config.

Once your gang levels up (automatically once enough experience is achieved), all gang participants can enjoy new benefits. You access those benefits by interacting with a Gang NPC (Mob boss Playermodel). There you can buy Special Weapons (special weapons take 30 seconds to holster back into the inventory and can only be acquired from the Gang NPC or other players). If your gang is level 5, then that means you can buy a m9k_millkor with $500k cash. Further configuration can be done to add more content.
A limit to how many gang members a gang can partake is limited to 20 people for the time being.
Gang header: All gang members have a sign above them, using the theme color from the Interface; displaying what gang they currently are partaking in taken from reference: (https://imgur.com/a/cnZyw1F)

Explosives.
As mentioned before with the m9k_millkor, plans to implement explosives that work organically with props.

A weight system to automatically calculate how strong a prop should be is ideal; otherwise its Health could be manually adjusted with either a graphical tool-gun, or done with a console command (lz_setprophealth ‘prop’ ‘amount’)
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1114602

Narexa wrote:
I see what you mean and on paper it does sound like a great idea although I didn't enjoy 2016 Zarp as much as I did 2014 it would be great to try that again but I just don't see others seeing it the same way, if people have invested time, money and effort into current Zarp why would they want to do it all over again especially if they have invested real money into it?

I'm answering again since I feel like the last time I didn't answer it properly.

It does not matter if players from today doesn't come on and play. likely that some do for the same reason a lot of people moved back to 07-scape and abandoning their Rs3 accounts completely.

The focus should be on gameplay, not content. Making it interesting, dynamic and include lots of grinding. I don't know if Chute got lucky but they were able to capture an era where all of these things would fit really nicely. This is what matters, not if someone who plays another version of the server has built an arsenal of suits to come on.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1114605

Aspect wrote:
Narexa wrote:
I see what you mean and on paper it does sound like a great idea although I didn't enjoy 2016 Zarp as much as I did 2014 it would be great to try that again but I just don't see others seeing it the same way, if people have invested time, money and effort into current Zarp why would they want to do it all over again especially if they have invested real money into it?

I'm answering again since I feel like the last time I didn't answer it properly.

It does not matter if players from today doesn't come on and play. likely that some do for the same reason a lot of people moved back to 07-scape and abandoning their Rs3 accounts completely.

The focus should be on gameplay, not content. Making it interesting, dynamic and include lots of grinding. I don't know if Chute got lucky but they were able to capture an era where all of these things would fit really nicely. This is what matters, not if someone who plays another version of the server has built an arsenal of suits to come on.

I completely understand and it sounded like I was against the idea but I've been for a server like this for a long time, the only worry I had is if others wanted it and clearly they do so I'm all for it however, I'm just very interested in what will happen to the server in the future but I've seen some nice idea's on this post so great work buddy.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1115002

Aspect wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

Yes, it will definitely be fun after one year of running it won't be stale after that at all! It might be fun for a while but with no actual updates to the gameplay to keep it fun & fresh, I don't see why players wouldn't just migrate back to SSRP 1-3 again.

You have completely misunderstood the point of this if you think the goal of this server is to solely migrate players back to Legacy. While that's helpful for the health of the server: The goal is also bringing in more players. The game mode back then was superb and would bring in pure and new players now just like it did then. If you could leave any argument to why not then please, I'm listening.

I think you misunderstood me as well. I'm not saying the new server should & will migrate players to Legacy, I'm just saying that those players who choose Legacy > SSRP might see no reason to continue playing on the Legacy servers after a certain time has passed, and consequently move back to SSRP, leaving little to no players left on the Legacy server.

As for bringing in new players, there's no real way to prove that will work out as well as you think it will. Keep in mind most of these "legacy" server ideas are based on old memories, and while we might've enjoyed the servers back then, it's not a definite chance that we will now. In fact, say we do enjoy the nostalgic nature of the server and we find enjoyment in playing it - whose to say new players will?

I don't know, most of the things I come up with in these discussions are just things that come of the top of my head, but most of the arguments still stand quite strongly; there's really no way of knowing that these "legacy" servers will do a better job of attracting players than our current SSRP servers.

Also, I'm not directly opposing your ideas and concepts, that's something I want to clarify. I'm just trying to think of things you might want to account for and improve on- after all, we would want what is best for the server.

also tour mom gay lol

If some of the stuff I just wrote isn't grammatically correct or doesn't make sense, I just want to note that I'm drunk and that's probably why lol
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1115029

• Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1115033

Rick Johnson wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
SorIe wrote:

I think you misunderstood me as well. I'm not saying the new server should & will migrate players to Legacy, I'm just saying that those players who choose Legacy > SSRP might see no reason to continue playing on the Legacy servers after a certain time has passed, and consequently move back to SSRP, leaving little to no players left on the Legacy server.

As for bringing in new players, there's no real way to prove that will work out as well as you think it will. Keep in mind most of these "legacy" server ideas are based on old memories, and while we might've enjoyed the servers back then, it's not a definite chance that we will now. In fact, say we do enjoy the nostalgic nature of the server and we find enjoyment in playing it - whose to say new players will?

I don't know, most of the things I come up with in these discussions are just things that come of the top of my head, but most of the arguments still stand quite strongly; there's really no way of knowing that these "legacy" servers will do a better job of attracting players than our current SSRP servers.

Also, I'm not directly opposing your ideas and concepts, that's something I want to clarify. I'm just trying to think of things you might want to account for and improve on- after all, we would want what is best for the server.

also tour mom gay lol

If some of the stuff I just wrote isn't grammatically correct or doesn't make sense, I just want to note that I'm drunk and that's probably why lol

I see your points but they don't really make any sense to me. You could say the same thing about all servers; how do we know if they will bring in players? There's always going to be a risk element with all the time, effort invested into things like these. But how do we know they wouldn't have worked if we never tried?

And yes there is a way to know how well it will do to a large extent. I have aimed to recreate Zarp 2016 that had a lot of popularity. The game was interesting, had lots of dynamic mechanics and so on. But again, we can't know if we don't try it.

I have taken measurements, by closely studying by taking notes of the game mode, talked to over 100 people about what they found joy and made sure it's not nostalgia based. There is also a lot of content to explore that is exclusive and not available on the current Zarp servers.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1115035

RealDenis wrote:
Yes I have used that as a base for this project and I have a license for it. It is a well written add-on and speeds up a lot of things, so I am not sure who you're trying to fool by being a smart-ass.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Suggestion - Legacy Server 4 years 11 months ago #1115036

Aspect wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
Yes I have used that as a base for this project and I have a license for it. It is a well written add-on and speeds up a lot of things, so I am not sure who you're trying to fool by being a smart-ass.
seems like I touched a nerve relax bro

If you have a license for it then I see no issue with what ur doing but I'm not a fuckin oracle and knowing the gmod community people just steal all too often no need to get so defensive
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

269 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40