[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 4 months ago #1039460

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):

Money and Xp for taunting

How / why would it benefit the Prophunt server:

Would make people more likely to taunt, adds an element of risk for a reward.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

Spamming taunts, but a simple limit on the amount of taunts that give a rewards per round would stop this.

Additional notes:

You know exactly what I want you to do
Ok! Also, what’s the point of these thread if they are being replaced? :thinking:

So I can post when it is broken.

Please fix

Fixed sir
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The topic has been locked.

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 4 years 11 months ago #1105089

Where are the maps Xnator?!
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 4 years 11 months ago #1110797

Currently, this I what I believe should be added:

Lower experience thresholds to reach the higher ranks - Currently, it is practically impossible to reach the maximum level on prop hunt due to the sheer amount of experience needed to get the last 5 levels, as to get max level, you require about 48,000 xp. Lowering this will make more guns to be able to be used by the prop hunt players, hopefully making it more exciting and a more realistic target to reach.

More ranks and weapons to use - Currently, I believe that there are far too few variety of weapons within the game mode, with a lot of the weapons being assault rifles and submachine guns which all practically feel the same to use. I believe we should add more shotguns, lightmachine guns, extra explosives for higher levelled players, and maybe even the PSG or dragunov. Working in semi unison with the previous suggestion, this will make more guns available to more players, leaving a target for players to find.

More maps - This is self explanatory, adding more maps with no bugs and are not too big will prevent the game mode from getting too monotonous, currently there are quite a few previous maps that could be readded as the current map pool is far too small, which leads to many players becoming bored.

VIP prop - This was a suggestion accepting a very long time ago which was suggested by Ramen, this is a concept where you get more experience for killing a certain prop. I believe this generation could be based off a few things: The amount of kills someone has gained as a hunter, the amount of end round rewards the player has gained, the time survived the previous round as a prop, and the current amount of time spent on the server by the player. I believe this would add more excitement towards the rounds

Experience and points for taunting - Currently, there is very little benefit to taunting other than getting 20 more xp at the end of the round for taunting. I believe that there should be a system that tallies up the amount of times you have taunted, and if you survive the round then you get a certain amount of points, obviously there would be a threshold so people do lot get loads of xp and points

Betting - Not sure why it was removed in the first place but it added some form of risk and players seemed to enjoy it and complained to me multiple times, to my knowledge it still has not been readded to the server.

Increasing the end round rewards value - Currently, you only get around 20 experience for being the best at the round in something, such as taunting he most of surviving the longest as prop. I believe this should be increased and add points as well, so players who afk will get less points than players who actively play and make the server enjoyable, also making it easier to unlock higher levelled weapons
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by TheXnator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWORD, Mr. Richard

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 4 years 10 months ago #1122740

TheXnator wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I think you mean provided in gmod itself.
Maps will not be added that need CSS content, as we had an issue where it fucked the playercount as nobody had the content. We will only add maps where the content is all packaged into the map or provided from the FastDL, as otherwise we lose a large proportion of the playercount.

Well guess what, We've made it work! B)

▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

Day/Night cycle and Weather Modification

How / why would it benefit the Prop Hunt server:
This Addon would make the server more enjoyable.

Possibly causing lag issues?

Additional notes:
Here is the Addon.

Server Commands [ Click to expand ]

Client Commands [ Click to expand ]
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Mr. Richard.

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 4 years 10 months ago #1122741

Richard Wright wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Maps will not be added that need CSS content, as we had an issue where it fucked the playercount as nobody had the content. We will only add maps where the content is all packaged into the map or provided from the FastDL, as otherwise we lose a large proportion of the playercount.

Additional notes:
Here is the Addon.

Not needed or something you would put on a PH server lol
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator, TILTED TURTLE, 123123123123

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 4 years 10 months ago #1122757

Clarky wrote:
Richard Wright wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Additional notes:
Here is the Addon.

Not needed or something you would put on a PH server lol
You should add it to TTT and have the rain day and night cycles look like Minecraft
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1795
Jay House number 1 as always
The following user(s) said Thank You: CBT

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 9 months ago #1237336

• Suggestion Title: more maps
  • How / why would it benefit the Prophunt server: I feel like there are not enough maps. after a couple of hours its gets boring because then you've had all the maps already. Some extra maps make it less boring to play for longer time periods and just more fun in general to have some more variety in maps.
  • Potential Issues/Exploits: the maps might have some exploit spots. however i don't know any.
  • Additional notes: none
ph_gas_station

ph_fountain

ph_lockup

ph_zombie_bunker

ph_academy
(this one is basically ph_school, but better because its a larger map, has more rooms and actually has hiding spots)
  • MadMagic
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sharks go blub
  • Thanks received: 478
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by MadMagic. Reason: formatting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 9 months ago #1237353

MadMagic wrote:
  • How / why would it benefit the Prophunt server: I feel like there are not enough maps. after a couple of hours its gets boring because then you've had all the maps already. Some extra maps make it less boring to play for longer time periods and just more fun in general to have some more variety in maps.
  • Potential Issues/Exploits: the maps might have some exploit spots. however i don't know any.
ph_gas_station

ph_fountain

ph_lockup

ph_zombie_bunker

ph_academy
(this one is basically ph_school, but better because its a larger map, has more rooms and actually has hiding spots)

Hey MadMagic!

Thank you for submitting your suggestion. You are absolutely right. The current map pool of Prop Hunt is far too small. Ever since I became the owner of Prop Hunt I tried to add new and exciting maps to the server. I am however currently limited by a few rather big factors when it comes to adding new maps. As it stands right now all new maps must not use any external content (eg. CSS, HL2, etc) and must have at least 42 spawn points. A lot of popular Prop Hunt maps sadly don't fulfill these requirements and can therefore not be added to the server.

I am however working on eliminating these requirements one by one. The next Prop Hunt update will contain a custom respawn system which allows me to define custom spawn points on any map. This will eliminate the minimum spawn point requirement. I am also working with a few people on implementing the CSS content onto the Prop Hunt server without any disadvantages for players that don't have the content installed on their client which should allow me to add a lot of awesome maps to the server.

Thank you again for showing interest in the development of Prop Hunt!
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1874
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, Spectrum, redacted

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 9 months ago #1237596

Martin wrote:
MadMagic wrote:
ph_gas_station

ph_fountain

ph_lockup

ph_zombie_bunker

ph_academy

Hey MadMagic!

Thank you for submitting your suggestion. You are absolutely right. The current map pool of Prop Hunt is far too small. Ever since I became the owner of Prop Hunt I tried to add new and exciting maps to the server. I am however currently limited by a few rather big factors when it comes to adding new maps. As it stands right now all new maps must not use any external content (eg. CSS, HL2, etc) and must have at least 42 spawn points. A lot of popular Prop Hunt maps sadly don't fulfill these requirements and can therefore not be added to the server.

I am however working on eliminating these requirements one by one. The next Prop Hunt update will contain a custom respawn system which allows me to define custom spawn points on any map. This will eliminate the minimum spawn point requirement. I am also working with a few people on implementing the CSS content onto the Prop Hunt server without any disadvantages for players that don't have the content installed on their client which should allow me to add a lot of awesome maps to the server.

fraud
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chespin, BCAT

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 9 months ago #1237651

Kyber wrote:
Martin wrote:
MadMagic wrote:
ph_gas_station

ph_fountain

ph_lockup

ph_zombie_bunker

ph_academy

Hey MadMagic!

fraud

My suggestion is to set Kyber as the new PHSO
  • ImTooFastForYou
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Be #Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 627

Ex Deathrun Head Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Super Administrator
Ex Forum Report Abuse Section Moderator
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Discord Admin
Ex TTT Administrator
My Steam !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #1278985

Get rid of the Office maps and get some fresh new ones in
  • Big Teddy
  • Fresh Boarder

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #1280695

Big Teddy wrote:
Get rid of the Office maps and get some fresh new ones in
no, I don’t mind ph_office but ph_office_2016 is kinda bad
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 1 month ago #1311920

Suggestion Title:Update map list + more maps

How / why would it benefit the Prophunt server:With my brief experience on the PH server i can say without doubt that it needs more maps and to remove some. Some of the maps aren't really good for the game mode example: the minecraft maps.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Well new maps may bring new illegal spots but nothing impossible to deal with.

Additional notes: I'm aware of the problems new maps may bring , of course is not an easy task but searching i came up with this list, wich in my opinion may be compatible with the ZARP server:

I'm sure there are more maps out there but for a start surely is enough.
A big thank you to all the owners and staff for their work, it's never easy.
:zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • Waco
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Never back down!
  • Thanks received: 10
PropHunt Administrator

Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Waco.

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 1 month ago #1311923

Wacosman wrote:

How / why would it benefit the Prophunt server:With my brief experience on the PH server i can say without doubt that it needs more maps and to remove some. Some of the maps aren't really good for the game mode example: the minecraft maps.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Well new maps may bring new illegal spots but nothing impossible to deal with.

Additional notes: I'm aware of the problems new maps may bring , of course is not an easy task but searching i came up with this list, wich in my opinion may be compatible with the ZARP server:

Bank - :support:
Richland Night - :minussp:
Bitnanner - :support:
Warehouse - :support:
Modern House - :support:
Resort - This one has already been denied. :minussp:
Break at Work - :neutralsp:
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Poltergeist.

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 1 month ago #1311993

Wacosman wrote:

Bank was added previously but was removed from the map pool, so I doubt that’d be added back
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 1 month ago #1311997

Kyber wrote:
Wacosman wrote:

Bank was added previously but was removed from the map pool, so I doubt that’d be added back
why was it removed? It’s a good map tho
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 1 month ago #1312019

biosenic wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Wacosman wrote:

why was it removed? It’s a good map tho
It was CS source related as it requires CSS textures however it could’ve been from too few spawn points as I believe the map was initially created with the intent of it being a different game mode (murder iirc) which usually doesn’t host as many players as prop hunt does
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Kyber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poltergeist

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 1 month ago #1312040

Actually I have looked around and players seems to hate "bank" anyway.
About the map Richland we could use the normal version of it instead of night.

Really hope some of those maps will be accepted it would be great!

• Waco
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Never back down!
  • Thanks received: 10
PropHunt Administrator

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 1 month ago #1312041

Wacosman wrote:

I suggest not using Eichland at all. After looking at it in sandbox and walking around the area, it is far too big, especially the underground part.
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 3 years 1 month ago #1312042

Wacosman wrote:

When I was still Head Admin on Prop Hunt, Martin and I went through almost all maps we could find, the issues we most encountered were: lack of spawn points, CSS/HL2/HL1/CSGO/L4D2 textures required, too big or too small maps, map bugs/glitches, and maps that'd not have any of the mentioned issues, were rejected as they looked like crap. I deleted the google sheets spreadsheet we used when seeking maps, there were somewhere between 40-50 maps noted down - Wanted to link it here but, yeah, it's gone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spawn points and textures can be resolved now easily, spawn points with an addon which lets you place them wherever you want and how many you want, and the textures by taking the map (.bsp file) and merging it will CSS or textures from other games using VIDE.

The only thing you should primarily focus on when finding new maps is to make sure they are decent in size, sufficient for 42 players, that they have enough props (for people to switch to) and hiding spots. I'd also suggest finding some maps that are unique, maps that would make ZARP's PH server stand out in a way. Quite frankly, the map I'm most proud of getting implemented on the server would be Patrick's ph_Volcano, that map is a masterpiece.

If you need any help with maps, feel free to contact me, my Steam & Discord are in my signature. ;)
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Mr. Richard.
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

175 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32