Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [PROPHUNT] Suggestions

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #996747

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):

VIP Prop (or VIProp)

How / why would it benefit the Prophunt server:

Players, especially hunters, would be more incentivised to hunting down a prop that is worth twice as much while also possibly increasing other props' survivability. Also further encourages friendly competition between hunters while playing.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

Nothing if coded correctly and player count restrictions are placed, similar to the point betting system's.

Additional notes:

A single player on ‘Props’ will be chosen at random to be the VIP who will give twice (or higher than) the usual PS points and more XP from being killed. They will be chosen about 30-40 seconds after hunters' start of play (to lessen chances of AFK props being chosen) and will be indicated by an alert both in the chat box and somewhere on screen, either subtlety in the middle or in the top-right corner possibly followed by a sound as well.

The alert will say something along the lines of: “Player X is the VIP! Kill them for Double XP and Points!”. When the VIP is killed, the usual top-left alert will appear though will be edited to reflect the greater point reward. For this feature to be enabled, there must >=7 (not definite value) players on the server as to avoid abuse of it during lower player counts.

That's the main suggestion; what I have included in the spoiler below is mainly an aesthetic supplement to the concept.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Leaving the suggestion here in case I can't make it to the meeting.
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Sopheric.
The topic has been locked.

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #996756

Ramen wrote:

VIP Prop (or VIProp)

Players, especially hunters, would be more incentivised to hunting down a prop that is worth twice as much while also possibly increasing other props' survivability. Also further encourages friendly competition between hunters while playing.

Nothing if coded correctly and player count restrictions are placed, similar to the point betting system.

Additional notes:

A single player on ‘Props’ will be chosen at random to be the VIP who will give twice (or higher than) the usual PS points and more XP from being killed. They will be chosen about 30-40 seconds after hunters' start of play (to lessen chances of AFK props being chosen) and will be indicated by an alert both in the chat box and somewhere on the screen, either subtlety in the middle or in the top-right corner possibly followed by a sound as well.

The alert will say something along the lines of: “Player X is the VIP! Kill them for Double XP and Points!”. When the VIP is killed, the usual top-left alert will appear though will be edited to reflect the greater point reward. For this feature to be enabled, there must >=7 (not definite value) players on the server as to avoid abuse of it during lower player counts.

That's the main suggestion; what I have included in the spoiler below is mainly an aesthetic supplement to the concept.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Leaving the suggestion here in case I can't make it to the meeting.

:plussp:
  • Hoops_1991
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 224
~Ex TTT Administrator~
~Ex PH Administrator~
~Interstellar~

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #996859

Ramen wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting): VIP Prop (or VIProp)...

I quite like this suggestion but I personally feel a slightly lower interim period would be better over 30-40 seconds.

My reasoning for this would be, in my experience, with prophunt so far, a huge chunk of players are often killed in the first minute of the round. If there's a 30-40 second delay before the VIP is picked, it will just reduce the number of people it can be applied to (more often than not the more skilled players because they last the longest). I think 10-20 seconds would be fine.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #996878

:plussp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #996882

.uzi wrote:
Ramen wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting): VIP Prop (or VIProp)...

I quite like this suggestion but I personally feel a slightly lower interim period would be better over 30-40 seconds.

My reasoning for this would be, in my experience, with prophunt so far, a huge chunk of players are often killed in the first minute of the round. If there's a 30-40 second delay before the VIP is picked, it will just reduce the number of people it can be applied to (more often than not the more skilled players because they last the longest). I think 10-20 seconds would be fine.

Actually agree with you as well and looking back now it does seem quite lengthy. I did state to Xnator privately anyway that the values would have to be messed around with to see which ones work best overall
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Sopheric.

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions - Remove the worst map ever 5 years 7 months ago #1015550

Remove the map "ph_lttp_kakariko_b2"
First off, 95% of the players I have seen do not like this map. Although they say it's good for betting because props never win.
In my almost 4000 hours of Garry's Mod, I have never seen a prophunt map that sucks that much. Of course some people like it, because they can get many kills as hunter maybe. It has lots of props, of which all except for one big one can be destroyed I believe (So you can go trial and error till there can only be disguised props) - The other one that can't be destroyed is a bush that has a darker color than all other bushes which makes it obvious unless you stand in a spot alone (Which others will realise and kill you)

Summed up:

1. I've never experienced team props win on this map
2. If you bet on Hunters you have 99% chance of winning
3. This map just sucks and I have only seen one guy who said "I love this map!" although he sounded ironic everytime he said it (Sorry)

None
Additional notes:
Opinion Mashup:

The only prop on the Map that you can not slowly clear from the map (You dont even need to check though)
  • XyroGod
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • | The PropGod, XyroGod |
  • Thanks received: 21
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by XyroGod.

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions - Remove the worst map ever 5 years 7 months ago #1015609

XyroGod wrote:
First off, 95% of the players I have seen do not like this map. Although they say it's good for betting because props never win.
In my almost 4000 hours of Garry's Mod, I have never seen a prophunt map that sucks that much. Of course some people like it, because they can get many kills as hunter maybe. It has lots of props, of which all except for one big one can be destroyed I believe (So you can go trial and error till there can only be disguised props) - The other one that can't be destroyed is a bush that has a darker color than all other bushes which makes it obvious unless you stand in a spot alone (Which others will realise and kill you)
3. This map just sucks and I have only seen one guy who said "I love this map!" although he sounded ironic everytime he said it (Sorry)
Additional notes:
Opinion Mashup:

The only prop on the Map that you can not slowly clear from the map (You dont even need to check though)
I doubt this would ever happen due to the fact that kakariko is one of the most popular maps we have (3rd most popular i believe) and its simple. If you don't want it, don't vote for it. The majority of the players have to vote on a map to get it so just vote something else.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hoops_1991

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions - Remove the worst map ever 5 years 7 months ago #1015621

Kyber wrote:
XyroGod wrote:
Additional notes:
Opinion Mashup:

I doubt this would ever happen due to the fact that kakariko is one of the most popular maps we have (3rd most popular i believe) and its simple. If you don't want it, don't vote for it. The majority of the players have to vote on a map to get it so just vote something else.
I think it was removed for a time after I exploded but that’s it.
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions - Remove the worst map ever 5 years 7 months ago #1015657

MemesAreGoodWithKim wrote:
Kyber wrote:
XyroGod wrote:
Additional notes:
Opinion Mashup:

I think it was removed for a time after I exploded but that’s it.
It wasn't.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 6 months ago #1022173

Add an option which would no longer show Auras to other players if you are on the Prop Team (It should be turned on by default)
Some people believe that it automatically turns off which makes sense, because it would be kind of dumb to have an aura which will always give you away as a prop. However it does not, and if you want to play with auras on Prophunt you would need to turn them off every second round so you dont die from them. This would ifx that entirely.
I dont see any Issues, only positives.
Additional notes:
I could finally show off my Auras without being annoyed from it :P
  • XyroGod
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 6 months ago #1022518

Add checkspec to the tab menu
Make it easier to checkspec someone
None
Additional notes:
It's not necessary but it's a quality of life improvement
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hoops_1991

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 6 months ago #1023398

Remove the spawnpoint (ph_crashhouse) where you spawn right in front of a nitro bomb, so any unsuspecting user wont instantly die when they try to run at the start of the round
Less people rage quitting?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1525995482
The map may need more spawn points
Additional notes:
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 6 months ago #1023399

Kyber wrote:
Remove the spawnpoint (ph_crashhouse) where you spawn right in front of a nitro bomb, so any unsuspecting user wont instantly die when they try to run at the start of the round
Less people rage quitting?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1525995482
The map may need more spawn points
Additional notes:
I just insta died from this whilst spawning and its really annoying when you just straight up blow up when you want to play. I don't think you actually need to move to set this off

EDIT: Died 4 times in a row to this fuck me
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Kyber.

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 6 months ago #1024138

Preview Web Taunt function

Basically you would right click a web taunt and it would play it but only for you, similar to how you can preview taunts in the shop or inventory.

Less Accidental Ear Rape due to using a Web Taunt that sounded like a normal thing and turned out to be earrape...

None, in fact it would reduce rulebreaks

Additional notes:
Please add it, im scared of using web taunts because of normal sounding titles that turn out to be ear rape
  • XyroGod
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 5 months ago #1039199

Money and Xp for taunting

Would make people more likely to taunt, adds an element of risk for a reward.

Spamming taunts, but a simple limit on the amount of taunts that give a rewards per round would stop this.

Additional notes:
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 5 months ago #1039301

Kyber wrote:

Spamming taunts, but a simple limit on the amount of taunts that give a rewards per round would stop this.

Additional notes:

You know exactly what I want you to do
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 5 months ago #1039302

TheXnator wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Additional notes:

You nicked my code :angry:
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 5 months ago #1039303

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Additional notes:

You nicked my code :angry:

Only a couple of lines sir!
(And the steamauth API)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 5 months ago #1039304

TheXnator wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Additional notes:

Ok! Also, what’s the point of these thread if they are being replaced? :thinking:
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[PROPHUNT] Suggestions 5 years 5 months ago #1039310

Kyber wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Kyber wrote:

Additional notes:

Ok! Also, what’s the point of these thread if they are being replaced? :thinking:

So I can post when it is broken.

Please fix
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna., pizza
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

270 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127