TOPIC: [DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162806

jack bushrsos wrote:
Henny wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
"Suit RIPs Leaderboard"
> "Adding more items into the economy"

:thinking:

One of the leaderboards is designed to encourage people to engage in combat and RIP special suits. The new leaderboards will remove more suits from the economy than it will add due to users wanting to be at the top, and the fact that very few new items are actually being put into the economy.
Less suits in the economy will only increase the price of suits. This is the main reason Im confused about the ripping leaderboard thing. Its only going to make prices higher.
I completely understand where your coming from. suits are already stupidly over priced, nano suits used to be 90m now they are 400m? just seems stupid
little kids not knowing how money works and word of mouth increasing prices instead of rarity of that item, I've encountered it already, legit SSRP players are shooting themselves in the foot
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by CeeZee.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreenZapperZ, Kyber

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162841

Kyber wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
This event isn't harmful to the economy, nor the player-base. It's such a small thing it won't have much impact.

The reason people don't enjoy themselves on the server is because of the item scarcity. From the way things are laid out, you can (virtually) only obtain suits through real-money purchases.

If we want to see some improvement I would begin to look into the ways we could make suits and special items obtainable through means such as crafting or via an NPC (questing, new stores etc.)

I think a lot of you are failing to see that if you don't need absurd amounts of money to purchase an item (and rather, you obtain them through crafting, questing, or something along those lines), it'll really incentivize players to stay, producing a higher player-base.

Because, as it stands now, seeing the large prices on our items - and not fully knowing how to earn the money to purchase the items - is a major turn-off to the new players who join the server.

And if there are no players flowing in, the server will begin to decline because, inevitably, players who have been here for a while, will leave (when old players leave it's usually with different reasonings, though, such as boredom or exhaustion of the game).
The main points are;
A) They’re making people more likely to RIP other people’s suits and therefore decreasing the amount of suits in the economy, this in hand will then increase the price due to the lack of stock of these items.
B )The people who will win are the people who are already rich, they are best equipped with suits and IP weapons that no one who had started recently could actually compete with. This means that the golden items will just go to the people who already have the money to obtain these items and therefore just increase the gap between new and old players

Yes. And my point is that this won't matter. We're already at a point where items are so scarce that things like these won't do anything to change the state of the game.

I'm not saying we should continue to do events like these, I'm just saying that - as far as player-base goes - there isn't much that can get worse with this event.

If we want to improve the state and economy of the server we need to increase accessibility and decrease scarcity. As far as I'm concerned, stopping events like this won't exactly improve the state of the server so your point is essentially rendered unnecessary.

Nonetheless, your point is valid. It's a bit of a kick in the balls for new players without special items to be absolutely demolished by the richer few of the bunch. I just don't think it's the correct thing to focus on, because it doesn't have a significant impact.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162875

Rick Johnson wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
This event isn't harmful to the economy, nor the player-base. It's such a small thing it won't have much impact.

The reason people don't enjoy themselves on the server is because of the item scarcity. From the way things are laid out, you can (virtually) only obtain suits through real-money purchases.

If we want to see some improvement I would begin to look into the ways we could make suits and special items obtainable through means such as crafting or via an NPC (questing, new stores etc.)

I think a lot of you are failing to see that if you don't need absurd amounts of money to purchase an item (and rather, you obtain them through crafting, questing, or something along those lines), it'll really incentivize players to stay, producing a higher player-base.

Because, as it stands now, seeing the large prices on our items - and not fully knowing how to earn the money to purchase the items - is a major turn-off to the new players who join the server.

And if there are no players flowing in, the server will begin to decline because, inevitably, players who have been here for a while, will leave (when old players leave it's usually with different reasonings, though, such as boredom or exhaustion of the game).
The main points are;
A) They’re making people more likely to RIP other people’s suits and therefore decreasing the amount of suits in the economy, this in hand will then increase the price due to the lack of stock of these items.
B )The people who will win are the people who are already rich, they are best equipped with suits and IP weapons that no one who had started recently could actually compete with. This means that the golden items will just go to the people who already have the money to obtain these items and therefore just increase the gap between new and old players

Yes. And my point is that this won't matter. We're already at a point where items are so scarce that things like these won't do anything to change the state of the game.

I'm not saying we should continue to do events like these, I'm just saying that - as far as player-base goes - there isn't much that can get worse with this event.

If we want to improve the state and economy of the server we need to increase accessibility and decrease scarcity. As far as I'm concerned, stopping events like this won't exactly improve the state of the server so your point is essentially rendered unnecessary.

Nonetheless, your point is valid. It's a bit of a kick in the balls for new players without special items to be absolutely demolished by the richer few of the bunch. I just don't think it's the correct thing to focus on, because it doesn't have a significant impact.
I agree with this mostly, other than the fact that if all the rare suits are owned by a singular person or group of people, then they wouldn’t actually be available for the majority of the player base and will just be a slap in the face to new players
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162879

Rick Johnson wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:

The main points are;

Your first point is odd. If items are already scarce, what good would making them more scarce do? Encouraging item rips is only going to make it worse. Something like this will absolutely change the state of the game, in terms of making items more expensive. You even highlight it in your next point ""we need to increase accessibility and decrease scarcity". This is only going to increase scarcity.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Henny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162932

Henny wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:

The main points are;

Your first point is odd. If items are already scarce, what good would making them more scarce do? Encouraging item rips is only going to make it worse. Something like this will absolutely change the state of the game, in terms of making items more expensive. You even highlight it in your next point ""we need to increase accessibility and decrease scarcity". This is only going to increase scarcity.

You misunderstood my point. It's as simple as this; adding or removing items from the game through events won't have an impact on the server long-term. I'm saying that we should focus on implementing ways to obtain special items through better means such as crafting, questing, drop-farming, etc.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162934

jack bushrsos wrote:
Henny wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
"Suit RIPs Leaderboard"

One of the leaderboards is designed to encourage people to engage in combat and RIP special suits. The new leaderboards will remove more suits from the economy than it will add due to users wanting to be at the top, and the fact that very few new items are actually being put into the economy.
Less suits in the economy will only increase the price of suits. This is the main reason Im confused about the ripping leaderboard thing. Its only going to make prices higher.
I completely understand where your coming from. suits are already stupidly over priced, nano suits used to be 90m now they are 400m? just seems stupid
TBH I see it may be a reason rdm more happens like ( i wanna climb that leaderboard fuckin rdms 3-4 suits to do that ) not good idea tho xD
  • Suken
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • The CoinFlipper
  • Thanks received: 104
current rank:
EX: Semi-serious Roleplay Administrator

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162936

Tbh Zarp has become a PVP server instead of an actual RP server, but this is probably the reason that many such as I stayed on the server for a long time. Many of you say that "suits have to be more accessible to new players" such as by "crafting", but that would just completely ruin the feeling of using a suit, where it most of the times means that you are risking an expensive item which makes it more exciting. If suits were too easily accessible and common, it would just turn into asap where nobody gives a shit about their suits and the PVP is really fucking boring.
  • ITztrain
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Professional créme de la meow meow eater
  • Thanks received: 584

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162937

Suken wrote:
jack bushrsos wrote:
Henny wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
"Suit RIPs Leaderboard"

TBH I see it may be a reason rdm more happens like ( i wanna climb that leaderboard fuckin rdms 3-4 suits to do that ) not good idea tho xD

Slay the mofo who rdmed then!
  • TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision
  • Thanks received: 284

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162938

ITzTrain wrote:
Tbh Zarp has become a PVP server instead of an actual RP server, but this is probably the reason that many such as I stayed on the server for a long time. Many of you say that "suits have to be more accessible to new players" such as by "crafting", but that would just completely ruin the feeling of using a suit, where it most of the times means that you are risking an expensive item which makes it more exciting. If suits were too easily accessible and common, it would just turn into asap where nobody gives a shit about their suits and the PVP is really fucking boring.

More suits wouldn't change any aspect of the PVP on the server other than the fact that more people use them. I have no idea where you got the idea that the thrill of losing suits is something that everyone is going to enjoy. Also, ASAP has a larger player-base than ZARP at the moment, do you suppose that is because of the boring PVP?
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162940

Rick Johnson wrote:
ITzTrain wrote:

More suits wouldn't change any aspect of the PVP on the server other than the fact that more people use them. I have no idea where you got the idea that the thrill of losing suits is something that everyone is going to enjoy. Also, ASAP has a larger player-base than ZARP at the moment, do you suppose that is because of the boring PVP?

From my point of view, the suits are a major reason why the ZARP SSRP player base actually grew so much. Me personally, I left zarp a while ago cause I was getting bored with the "Vanilla ZARP" everyone wanted but came back due to the new suits that were introduced. Instead of the same PSG and SVU shit, there came more diversity to duels, although this was mostly amongst the rich people I guess who could afford it.
  • ITztrain
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Professional créme de la meow meow eater
  • Thanks received: 584

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162942

Rick Johnson wrote:

The reason items are so expensive nowdays is because almost every active member has 1+billion in money so selling lets say a suit for 90m is not worth it. The more money there is the more prices rise, its not because the items are "rare" they are not rare at all actually, people had and still have tens of suits. The prices werent always like this you know. When the jugg came out it was around 20mil , lots of people had it and to be honest it wasnt even worth using it because of how easy it was to kill and how expensive 20mil was (before they buffed it).
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162948

ITzTrain wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
ITzTrain wrote:

From my point of view, the suits are a major reason why the ZARP SSRP player base actually grew so much. Me personally, I left zarp a while ago cause I was getting bored with the "Vanilla ZARP" everyone wanted but came back due to the new suits that were introduced. Instead of the same PSG and SVU shit, there came more diversity to duels, although this was mostly amongst the rich people I guess who could afford it.

I think you got the impression that I want to dismiss suits lol. All I'm saying is that a larger volume of suits won't be detrimental to the server. Sure, you might lose the aspect or thrill of having a "rare" item, but you retain the PVP and enjoyment from raiding or defending using the items.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162957

RFlex wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:

The reason items are so expensive nowdays is because almost every active member has 1+billion in money so selling lets say a suit for 90m is not worth it. The more money there is the more prices rise, its not because the items are "rare" they are not rare at all actually, people had and still have tens of suits. The prices werent always like this you know. When the jugg came out it was around 20mil , lots of people had it and to be honest it wasnt even worth using it because of how easy it was to kill and how expensive 20mil was (before they buffed it).

Sure, there's a large volume of cash in the economy. However, a higher supply of special items and suits would not only decrease the prices (to some extent) as a product of supply & demand, but it would also disperse the cash throughout the economy.

Also, you're speaking as if there would only be one way of obtaining suits; SSRP cash (or two, if you account for real money). But, as I proposed, there would be multiple ways to obtain a suit. If people can obtain a suit through crafting or questing and sell it for cash, they would end up having a fair lot of money in their pockets as well. That's evident, isn't it?
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162981

I know what will fix it all!

Buy more cases!!!!!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Morgan.

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162984

Rick Johnson wrote:
Henny wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:

The main points are;

You misunderstood my point. It's as simple as this; adding or removing items from the game through events won't have an impact on the server long-term. I'm saying that we should focus on implementing ways to obtain special items through better means such as crafting, questing, drop-farming, etc.
Ah ok. I completely agree with more ways of obtaining special items.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162985

Seems like all the community council / managers agree on this subject, maybe we need more different opinions imo, encouraging people to rip suits and add another boosterpack sale that you can choose any case in thus making old cases not rare anymore ain't it chief.

New players still have no way to actually get anything as rich players are being rewarded even more with this leader-board system or am I missing something?
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by narexa.

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162987

The reason I think a lot of people are turned away from playing the server is that when they join the server there's really not much to do. Atleast when I played, it was either raid the PD or Bank, or Nuke. Even then though, nuking is almost a 100% success rate depending on where you launch it, and for new players that get cop for the first time just getting destroyed by an "explosion" as best as they can describe it is just demoralizing and boring gameplay. Then as a new player you might ask how to get a suit or explosive weapon, and hear they're hundreds of millions to billions of dollars while you look at the 1 million in your wallet makes it seem like a hell of a grind, or just toss $20 at it like a shitty mobile game and sell the cases.

More ways to make in-game money, award players spending time instead of spending their own money.

Also, there's always been this shitty Elitsim in the SSRP community that I think is a major turn off to all players.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Morgan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, Kyber

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1163021

What even is the competition about??
  • Jonsey
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Kissing Girls is GEI
  • Thanks received: 93

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1163025

Narexa wrote:
Seems like all the community council / managers agree on this subject, maybe we need more different opinions imo, encouraging people to rip suits and add another boosterpack sale that you can choose any case in thus making old cases not rare anymore ain't it chief.

New players still have no way to actually get anything as rich players are being rewarded even more with this leader-board system or am I missing something?

I don't know why you're grouping the entire council together. I'm clearly not advocating for this event, nor the boosters. I agree a more diverse Community Council would be great but that would require a larger volume of people to apply.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1163036

Rick Johnson wrote:
Narexa wrote:

I don't know why you're grouping the entire council together. I'm clearly not advocating for this event, nor the boosters. I agree a more diverse Community Council would be great but that would require a larger volume of people to apply.
The option for a more diverse council was there afaik, not saying I should have been accepted because I wasn't expecting to, but when people apply who are well-known and well-trusted are left out of the council, which has no limit to how many people are in it, the opportunity was on the table. There are many people who play very little SSRP and can give feedback on what a new players will see when a new update drops, and can give their opinion on how to include everyone, or even something geared towards newer players. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Council is rigged towards people play a lot of SSRP, it's a bad idea, or anything like that, but at the same time there are people who don't play a lot of SSRP who are new players, and can bring any lacking diversity and give feedback from their perspective.
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds