Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1163039

Chespin wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Narexa wrote:
Seems like all the community council / managers agree on this subject, maybe we need more different opinions imo, encouraging people to rip suits and add another boosterpack sale that you can choose any case in thus making old cases not rare anymore ain't it chief.

New players still have no way to actually get anything as rich players are being rewarded even more with this leader-board system or am I missing something?

I don't know why you're grouping the entire council together. I'm clearly not advocating for this event, nor the boosters. I agree a more diverse Community Council would be great but that would require a larger volume of people to apply.
The option for a more diverse council was there afaik, not saying I should have been accepted because I wasn't expecting to, but when people apply who are well-known and well-trusted are left out of the council, which has no limit to how many people are in it, the opportunity was on the table. There are many people who play very little SSRP and can give feedback on what a new players will see when a new update drops, and can give their opinion on how to include everyone, or even something geared towards newer players. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Council is rigged towards people play a lot of SSRP, it's a bad idea, or anything like that, but at the same time there are people who don't play a lot of SSRP who are new players, and can bring any lacking diversity and give feedback from their perspective.

I'm not going to comment on who specifically I think should have- or shouldn't have been accepted. But I do think there were some viable candidates in the bunch that I expected to join.

Also, I'm trying my best to talk to members of the community about changes for things outside of SSRP. Tom, for instance, had a few points to share and they're currently on my Spreadsheet of items that I am going to bring up sooner or later (with a fixed priority, some may take some time).

Oh, and perhaps we could have another set applications, but before we do that I would like to know who is actually interested in joining the team this time around.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chespin

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1163064

Morgan wrote:
The reason I think a lot of people are turned away from playing the server is that when they join the server there's really not much to do. Atleast when I played, it was either raid the PD or Bank, or Nuke. Even then though, nuking is almost a 100% success rate depending on where you launch it, and for new players that get cop for the first time just getting destroyed by an "explosion" as best as they can describe it is just demoralizing and boring gameplay. Then as a new player you might ask how to get a suit or explosive weapon, and hear they're hundreds of millions to billions of dollars while you look at the 1 million in your wallet makes it seem like a hell of a grind, or just toss $20 at it like a shitty mobile game and sell the cases.

More ways to make in-game money, award players spending time instead of spending their own money.

Also, there's always been this shitty Elitsim in the SSRP community that I think is a major turn off to all players.
Yes , very accurate . Thats why i scam people #BlameTheAuthorities
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1163065

Chespin wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Narexa wrote:
Seems like all the community council / managers agree on this subject, maybe we need more different opinions imo, encouraging people to rip suits and add another boosterpack sale that you can choose any case in thus making old cases not rare anymore ain't it chief.

New players still have no way to actually get anything as rich players are being rewarded even more with this leader-board system or am I missing something?

I don't know why you're grouping the entire council together. I'm clearly not advocating for this event, nor the boosters. I agree a more diverse Community Council would be great but that would require a larger volume of people to apply.
The option for a more diverse council was there afaik, not saying I should have been accepted because I wasn't expecting to, but when people apply who are well-known and well-trusted are left out of the council, which has no limit to how many people are in it, the opportunity was on the table. There are many people who play very little SSRP and can give feedback on what a new players will see when a new update drops, and can give their opinion on how to include everyone, or even something geared towards newer players. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Council is rigged towards people play a lot of SSRP, it's a bad idea, or anything like that, but at the same time there are people who don't play a lot of SSRP who are new players, and can bring any lacking diversity and give feedback from their perspective.
The fact you sit here trying to say that some of us older, richer or more SSRP based players cant see issues or give accurate feedback is simply insulting. Ive spoken about these issues for well over a year now, and i frequently bring them up in community council meetings, There is no possible way you could know what we do or do not discuss, unless of course someone has broken NDA, which i would encourage you to report. Ive heard many older and richer players give accurate feedback from other perspectives, because thats not a difficult thing to do.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chespin

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1163068

I believe that everyone has had their say and no more discussion is needed, thanks for raising your concerns we'll look into what we could possibly do to make things better if needed.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

208 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun