Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162699

The logic behind it is flawed, the richest players are the most equipped to lead the event, and I’m guessing the winner will be an already incredibly rich player. You’re giving rewards to someone which is literally just based on how equipped they are, this will just create a further imbalance in the economy. Also how is there going to be a best nuke defender if there aren’t enough players to fill the server?

I’m just gonna ask for further community opinions because to me this seems like a lapse in judgement.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreenZapperZ

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162700

How dare they make competitions, totally 'ruins' the economy. Your points don't make any sense.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162702

Yeah I'm abit confused as well and I hoped golden items would get removed :(

Bring wiped Zarp Classic to us BabyRage
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162706

Clarky wrote:
How dare they make competitions, totally 'ruins' the economy. Your points don't make any sense.
No, the logic behind it seems flawed, the people who will inevitably be able to rip the most suits, raid the most nukes will be the players who are the best equipped, people with golden gluons and golden suits who have an advantage over new players. Theres always been a talking point because of how hard it is to start because of the wealth disparity, and this just makes it worse by adding even more overpowering items into the economy which is just going to make it harder for people to start. I’d honestly be leaning towards the point of removing all golden items
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: GreenZapperZ

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162707

At the end of the day Zarp needs to be more of a communist server and that will solve everything

- Lock please
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis, Micky, Kyber

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162709

Surely someone who knows they could easily be in the lead like Jack could just go buy a couple of cheap suits (no idea prices anymore) and rip them to get a boost? Sure it's risky but it's extremely possible and you're risking a couple billion for a item you can probably decide the price on kinda shit (Assuming suits are given away)
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 388
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162710

The event may bring some players to the server but after 1 week it will just die down again to 1 player on a sunday evening.
  • Sron
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 150
The following user(s) said Thank You: User01293, Kyber

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162713

I think it will help. Regardless of who gets them, you are only increasing the supply of suits without adding any money in the economy, which in theory should lower the prices of them.
Even if the rich players get them, they should understand that the rarity is lower and other vendors will try to sell them as well, which could lead to price wars. Admittingly, it won't lower the prices of them by a substantial amount.
Or they will just horde them, we will see.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Henny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162715

Henny wrote:
I think it will help. Regardless of who gets them, you are only increasing the supply of suits without adding any money in the economy, which in theory should lower the prices of them.
Even if the rich players get them, they should understand that the rarity is lower and other vendors will try to sell them as well, causing price wars. Admittingly, it won't lower the prices of them by a substantial amount.

There is no one to buy them...
  • Sron
  • Expert Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: User01293

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162716

More suits = fun
More fun = players

Look at summer 2017, so many suits were brought in and people LOVED it
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162718

player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:
Even if the rich players get them, they should understand that the rarity is lower and other vendors will try to sell them as well, causing price wars. Admittingly, it won't lower the prices of them by a substantial amount.

How do you know that? If the demand for them is truly that low, then adding more will only cause prices to lower. Not sure how this won't help the economy.
It all depends if the winner hordes the winnings or not. They probably will though so I guess it wont help much.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162720

Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:

How do you know that? If the demand for them is truly that low, then adding more will only cause prices to lower. Not sure how this won't help the economy.

Yes but you are missing the point... This won't make players come back long enough to buy them and the only people who will get them to sell is the richest players and the suit price won't even drop low enough so the majority of players can afford them. Last time I checked most people didn't have a spare 150mill or even more lying around.
  • Sron
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Sron. Reason: Adding

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162721

player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:

Yes but you are missing the point... This won't make players come back long enough to buy them.
Im responding to the main point of not helping the economy, not that if players will come back or not.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162722

Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:

Yes but you are missing the point... This won't make players come back long enough to buy them.
Im responding to the main point of not helping the economy, not that if players will come back or not.

The economy killed the server ;- and your supporting it...
  • Sron
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Sron. Reason: Adding

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162723

player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:

Yes but you are missing the point... This won't make players come back long enough to buy them and the only people who will get them to sell is the richest players and the suit price won't even drop low enough so the majority of players can afford them. Last time I checked most people didn't have a spare 150mill or even more lying around.
It will help the economy, but it won't have a big enough effect for players to come back or for many people to afford the suits.
If the person hordes them however, then what Im saying doesnt matter.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162724

Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:

It all depends if the winner hordes the winnings or not. They probably will though so I guess it wont help much.
market share exists, if someone owns all the gjuggs then they own the entire market and can set a price they deem fit. If all the stock is caught up with a group of affiliates then it could just mean that there are more items which can be set at a higher price
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162725

Clarky wrote:
More suits = fun
More fun = players

Look at summer 2017, so many suits were brought in and people LOVED it
If thats the case why did the past updates kinda flop? They weren't really content updates as such, Sure there was a fair amount of players during the update but then it died, In the easter update i think it was it was said that the next content update was gonna be in a month of the release. Maybe i read it wrong but i'm sure that was in the announcment
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 388

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162726

Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:

market share exists, if someone owns all the gjuggs then they own the entire market and can set a price they deem fit. If all the stock is caught up with a group of affiliates then it could just mean that there are more items which can be set at a higher price
But what would be the point of setting a price that no one can afford? Monopolies and oligopolies (A few players owning all the suits) still have to follow free market principles in order for anything of theirs to sell. If the demand is low and the supply is high, its in their best interest to lower the price in order for anyone to afford it.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162727

Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:

But what would be the point of setting a price that no one can afford? Monopolies and oligopolies (A few players owning all the suits) still have to follow free market principles in order for anything of theirs to sell. If the demand is low and the supply is high, its in their best interest to lower the price in order for anyone to afford it.

The people who have the majority won't set low prices though because they are too interested in the money aspect of it.
  • Sron
  • Expert Boarder

[DISCUSSION]this suit event wont help the economy 4 years 7 months ago #1162728

player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
player1234x567 wrote:
Henny wrote:

The people who have the majority won't set low prices though because they are too interested in the money aspect of it.
If they are truly interested in making money off of the items, then they shouldn't have the suits at prices no one can afford as they will never sell them. Seems to be just a lot of hoarding and hopes that someone will buy something at their high price.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

205 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf