Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Information Thread

[TTT] Information Thread 2 years 7 months ago #318320


TTT Information Thread

Welcome to the TTT information thread all the information you can find about TTT can be found here. All types of things such as guides can be found on here. Thanks for reading!


If you believe your thread should be on here contact Aek177.
  • _Max
  • _Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Former Community Manager
  • Ambassador
  • Live fast die young.
  • Posts: 2652
  • Thanks received: 967
  • Karma: 14
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Aek177.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShaiiFo

[TTT] Information Thread 2 years 7 months ago #318334

I made this thread for all the people who are missing any of the TTT map .bsp files.
You can download all of the TTT .bsp files here.


If you're missing a .bsp file this should pop up.

If you're missing a .bsp file and you want fix it, but don't know what to do. Read the spoiler below.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

You can download .bsp files separately if you don't want to download the whole package.

All TTT map BSPs

The 2 links below will download the whole package.

All TTT map BSPs.rar (820 MB)
All TTT map BSPs.zip (985 MB)



Contact me on Steam if there's anything wrong.

Made by Harridas!
  • _Max
  • _Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Former Community Manager
  • Ambassador
  • Live fast die young.
  • Posts: 2652
  • Thanks received: 967
  • Karma: 14
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Information Thread 2 years 7 months ago #318620

  • _Max
  • _Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Former Community Manager
  • Ambassador
  • Live fast die young.
  • Posts: 2652
  • Thanks received: 967
  • Karma: 14
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by CaptinF1rework.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Information Thread 2 years 6 months ago #328477

  • CaptinF1rework
  • CaptinF1rework's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Posts: 1430
  • Thanks received: 1012
  • Karma: 10
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Information Thread 1 year 11 months ago #456127

  • _Max
  • _Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Former Community Manager
  • Ambassador
  • Live fast die young.
  • Posts: 2652
  • Thanks received: 967
  • Karma: 14
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Information Thread 1 year 9 months ago #504204

  • _Max
  • _Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Former Community Manager
  • Ambassador
  • Live fast die young.
  • Posts: 2652
  • Thanks received: 967
  • Karma: 14
The topic has been locked.

[Guide] Requesting staff, And other Information. 1 year 5 months ago #633636

Hello! I decided to make this guide cause i see a lot of users not using this command or requesting help into another issue.


To request help using chat all you do is basicly press @ (And type your message). This will send it directly to the admin chat. You won't see that admin chat, but they can respond to you in private messages or in normal chat.

You're an innocent, And you see the detective. You say Hi detective, And he shoots you. And obviustly that is RDM, What you do is report them using the !report command. And write your issue and a staff member will handle the report, take up a chat and mostly talk about it what happened and will ask questions. The admin will warn or not depends the issue and depends if it's true or not.


What you can do is basicly; If there is a Super Admin+ On the server, You can contact them. If there isn't any, You can take it to the forums or if it's someone on our teamspeak server (ts.zarpgaming.com). What you do on ts is basicly use this format:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Fill it in, And submit it.




If you get warned and feel like the warning/ban was invalid, You can go ahead and appeal your warning/ban here on the forums. You use this format for it (Ban appeal format)
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

If you got warned you use this format:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • BananaSlanger
  • BananaSlanger's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • She's sad cause she believed He's ok cause he lied
  • Posts: 3439
  • Thanks received: 478
  • Karma: 39
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Information Thread 1 year 3 months ago #696999


Trouble in Terrorist

Town


How to handle a report on TTT

Hello everyone!

As of late, I've been getting more and more complaints from both users as well as staff members (that were formerly users) that our staff team has not been properly handling reports. As this is a relatively big issue that I have noticed myself as well, I've decided to make this quick guide to help everyone with handling reports properly.

What is a report exactly?
To handle a report properly, you need to understand what a report actually is. It might seem like an obvious question, however a lot of staff members do have problems, and sometimes you do see staff members warning users for making supposed "false reports," perhaps presumptuously.

A report is exactly what it sounds like: a user reporting another user. This may be for everything: micspam, RDM, false KOS, hacking and even disrespect. Just because it's majorly used for RDM does not mean that users can only report others for that sole reason.

A report can be deemed false when a user is randomly reporting someone else for literally or when the user does not explain the reason for the report. Here is a good example:

In this report the user makes no attempt at actually trying to explain themselves or why they reported the other user in the first place. If the user makes reports like these multiple times and has been told by a staff member to not do it again you may warn them for it. If a user reports someone for a valid reason other than RDM, you may not warn them for it.

Note that spamming reports might also be considered false reporting, but the game does not allow you to report many users in one round and thus such a situation should rarely, or perhaps even never occur.

A user is lying in the report. What now?
If a user is blatantly lying, you can ignore their side altogether. If they're the victim you can just set the report as finished - if you do this, do make it clear to the users in question that you're dropping the report because the victim is lying - and if they're the reported user you may just warn them for whatever bad thing they did. You can also warn them for lying in the report, but as that raises quite a few questions I'd recommend you to just keep it for what it is and not warn them for it. Although, like I said, you are allowed to do so.

However, a user is not always blatantly lying. In fact, it might seem like a user is lying when they're actually not. They might just be misinformed, or have not realized something important. In these cases, opening a chat is highly recommended. Let the users talk it out and find out the truth that way. It usually ends with the two users forgiving one another and you can simply leave it at that without needing to give out any punishments.

In the few cases where the victim does not forgive the reported user, you as a staff member need to stand up and explain what you believe the truth to be. If the reported user broke a rule that he didn't realize existed, explain the rule to them and tell them to read up on the rules on the forums. In these cases you may give a punishment to the reported user, however I personally recommend you not to.

We as staff are here to help the users. If we punish new users for every minor rule broken then we're not helping them - we're only disturbing their play time. Which, by the way, is also considered a breach of the Staff Ethos.

So when should I open a chat and when should I not?
That's mostly up to you, but it always depends on what kind of a report it is. Personally I have a handy rule of thumb: if it is a report where one of the two users seems to be unwilling to talk - for example when the reported user responds with "asfafdsajfafja" - I don't open a chat. For all other cases I do open a chat, even if it might seem unneeded.

Please do understand that this is only how I handle my reports. You as a staff member might never open a chat and just tell them the mistake they made with the punishment - for example: "!warn [username] RDM - Don't throw random grenades!" - however I personally do not do this as I do not believe the user will understand that they made a mistake.

Even if it is entirely obvious that someone broke a rule, the user in question might not know it themselves. Therefore opening a chat to explain to them that they broke a rule or anything else to explain the event that happened would be for the best.

Is there anything else I should know?
You should know many, many things. For example, the way you've been taught to warn users - that I personally still use myself, might I add - is actually not the best way to do so. However you'll learn how to handle reports properly with experience and time. When I first began I barely ever opened a chat. Now I practically always do.

The most important thing you should know is this, simple sentence: quality over quantity

I'm unsure whether it is because we're the nr. 1 TTT server in the world or because we have started to track our staff member's weekly report count a few months ago, but as of late certain staff have decided to take the quantity over quality route.

Let me tell you this: no matter how great of a staff member you are, if you don't handle reports properly you might as well not do them at all. Like I said earlier, we're here to help the users - not to punish them endlessly. The chances of you getting demoted because you don't handle reports with the same care as others is extremely small - practically nonexistent, actually - however that does not mean that you should handle reports as fast as possible.

That's the reason why I made this guide: to help staff members understand that although they might not get demoted - in fact, with a high report count you obviously have a better chance of getting promoted - that does not mean that they're doing the right thing. Of course, perhaps my interpretation of "the right thing" does not match yours at all, however different opinions is not a bad thing in the slightest.

Last but not least I will show you an example of how I, personally, handle a regular report. This goes for most situations.

How I handle a report

Firstly I take a quick look at the report that I have decided to take. Note that the reported player's response clearly indicates that this was RDM, as he killed on suspicion. Other than that, there's very little noteworthy in the logs - it is quite simply put, blatant RDM.


I decided to open a chat. I first ask them for their sides of the story, and in case they forgot what the report was about I (and I do this always) copy the final log that shows the victim's death.


The user admits to having RDMed. Note that there is a slight discrepancy in the two users' stories, as the victim states he was only trying to climb a ladder and the reported user states that the victim was "charging" at him. However, as the reported user admits to it it does not really matter for the outcome.

As the reported user was only a new player, having just joined the server a few rounds before, I decided to not punish them for it. They were clearly sorry and accepted that they made a simple mistake.


Here I give a supposed "verbal warning" to the user in question. If I see them break another rule I'll punish them for it.

After this I type a quick "Thank you for your time. Have fun playing!" that I sadly enough do not have a picture of, close the chat and I finish the report. It takes but a minute, but it makes the user feel listened to and wanted in the community.

Please understand that this guide is not quite done yet. I'll try to see if I can make more pictures of other situations to show how I would handle those situations, however for now I'll keep it at this.

Thank you for reading! Hope you learned something from this!

Made by Raeker
  • hazzenator
  • hazzenator's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 951
  • Thanks received: 255
  • Karma: 3
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Information Thread 1 year 3 months ago #697026

 



Congratulations! You are now a staff member of ZARP TTT Server!. Firstly let's get to know the ULX menu system, the "Staff Member Menu" we use for the server. Anyone can access this menu, however only staff can see the commands that are available to them.

The aim of moderation on the server is to improve the experience for people, not to interrupt people’s roleplay when it’s not necessary. Staff are there to have fun and to help others have fun too not to ban and warn everyone who breaks minor rules that have little effect on the server. Wherever possible use powers such as mute, freeze and jail instead of banning and kicking.
- taken from the Staff Ethos.


To make opening the ULX menu easy, bind it to a prefered button using this command:

bind "m" "xgui"

As a staff member you now have access to serveral commands, the commands which are available for your current rank will show up in your ULX menu under different categories.





Staff Rules


  • Do not abuse your powers in any way.

  • Do not punish other staff member's if you have an issue contact a TTT Lead Team Staff Member.

  • Nobody other than yourself should be on your account on our server. (Family, Friends etc..)

  • You may not have a rank on another server when you have one in ZARP. (Not Including the Friendly Players servers)

  • Do not use your powers on other staff members without their permission.

  • Always make sure you have sufficient proof that somebody has broken a rule before punishing them, witnesses don't count as evidence for rule breaking!

  • Always make sure that the person fully understands what rule they have broken and why they can't do it! This will prevent false complaints etc.

  • No matter how disrespectful a player is, please handle him calmly and politely, there is no need for you to disrespect him back.

  • Be Respectful To All Players & Staff!

  • When banning/kicking someone, check and check again that you have the right person/SteamID!

  • If requested to help players, do so kindly and without being lazy, think about the community and it's players.

  • And last, Enjoy helping others, You were chosen to join the staff members for a reason.

How To Get Someone's SteamID


Staff Commands


Staff Commands in TTT can be used in 3 ways

The ULX Menu

Example of a Force Spectate on "AfroHat" through The ULX Menu:



The Chat Box

Example of a Force Spectate on "AfroHat" through The Chat Box:



The Development Console

Example of a Force Spectate on "AfroHat" through The Development Console:



You can use any one of these three methods however you like.



Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Special Thanks

To

Clarky   &   Max


From Afrohats guide
Added by Captains request
  • hazzenator
  • hazzenator's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 951
  • Thanks received: 255
  • Karma: 3
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by hazzenator.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Information Thread 10 months 4 weeks ago #814465

I KNOW Raeker DID THIS BUT THIS IS MORE DETAILED FOR EACH SITUATION.
So recently I've seen a few people asking me or others on how to handle certain situations, this guide will help you on what to do should you encounter a situation as stated below.


"I thought you were in the T Shop"


Ok, so these kind of situations are mostly down to thinking someone is in a T Shop - this could be true, or this could be entirely false where the user is actually AFK, tabbed out or trying to type in game, rules state you cannot kill unless you have valid reasoning. This is how you should respond in these situations.


So from here you now decide whether they should be handed a warn + aslay (for the reason RDM on Suspicion) which you can check from the rapsheet.



"You shot me first"




In these situations, a user may be lying to cover up their own actions and cannot admit to their mistakes, doing so by accusing the other user of shooting first. This is how you should respond:



Ok, so the reported user claims the victim shot first, this is where you need to check the damagelogs to see if there was any damage done.



Please take into account that the damagelogs do not prove who shot first, but rather who got hit first. This is where the handy shotlogs come in, this will determine who shot first and caused this PvP.




From the shotlogs we can see that it was the victim who shot first and instigated this PvP - this is what should be said to in the chat.




Should a user like the victim keep making reports such as this, you are entitled to hand them a warn (for false reporting).


"You had a T weapon"


This can go down in either two ways, the user is an innocent who picks up a T weapon or a Traitor makes the report. If a user picks up the weapon you must check to see if they stated in the text chat either this would be deemed the victims fault, an example would be like this.


This is where you can use the damagelogs to find out whether the user was innocent or a traitor with an example such as:


Onto the report


This is where we check to see if the victim had a T-sniper (M98B) within the damagelogs, It's advised you press "Edit Filters" and then press "Show Weapon Purchases":



This is the case where the traitor may have thought no one saw him with a T sniper whilst he was holding it out, a simple mistake nevertheless you should show the logs of proof that he had an M98B and shotlogs may also help in this situation.



Should the incident be that it was an innocent victim who was killed because the reporter player THOUGHT he had a T sniper / weapon, you must check all logs to make sure this is true and if the victim did not have T-weapons then you must inform the reported player that they misunderstood or RDM'd, if the reported player understands this and is new to the game then a verbal or just !warn on its own will suffice, should the reported player be a common user or someone with recents punishments then a !warn + !aslay should be handed out.

"There was a KOS"

KOSes are allowed within the servers, everyone knows that, it's up to the users on should they follow them or whether or not these KOSes were actually carried out. One way of doing so is checking text-chat (the most easiest way), the other actually having to listen out for people in voice chat to confirm a KOS via voice.


Here we can see that user "Cryno" was called out by user "Nay" (the victim of the report) for throwing random nades (something that isn't allowed as an innocent/detective (unless a smoke is thrown or the grenade is away from everyone), but here a KOS is called upon him, upon the report Nay points out the user was KOSed for Random Nade Throwing - completely allowed. So I open a chat and see why user "Iris heart" killed Nay despite there being a KOS.


Nay reported that Cryno was throwing Random Nades, always check the logs to make sure of this.


Logs clearly show that the KOSed user was throwing random grenades. This should be made aware to the reported victim, who appears to deny the fact that he wasn't around for the KOS (however he's proven wrong as the KOS was called around the time for him to see the KOS before killing a different user), he then tries to claim he didn't see it (Lying In Report). As a result - you can then choose to punish the user for RDM (depending on the users rapsheet).

"You were wounded/damaged"


Some people tend to think because someone is wounded that it is a valid reason to kill someone, it is not, there can be multiple factors as to why someone is wounded such as fall damage, nearby C4 / TNT cart or was in a PvP combat situation.


In these situations, you only have to remind the user that the incident is Killing on Suspicion (not allowed on the server) and that there could have been different reasons why someone is wounded - this is not clear evidence that someone is a Traitor.

I will continue to update this when more scenario-based reports come in.

Many thanks to these 4 for helping me out:

Kyber
Smojea
Gurren Lagen
Shadow


Made by CrankyBot
  • hazzenator
  • hazzenator's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 951
  • Thanks received: 255
  • Karma: 3
The topic has been locked.

Gold Block Locations 4 months 2 weeks ago #977433

A quick guide of the locations of all the Gold Blocks in the map ttt_minecraft_b5, I hope you enjoy

Disclaimer: This will not help all players, however if you learn something new, be sure to click the "Thank You" button to show your support.

Click HERE for Images
  • Hops
  • Hops's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • El Disablo
  • Posts: 244
  • Thanks received: 91
  • Karma: 22

Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Hops.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

184 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
18/128
online
Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 2
17/128
online
Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 3
17/90
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
12/47
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
2/32
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf
1/50
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Prop Hunt
0/42
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Jailbreak
0/42
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TeamSpeak
26/128
online
Connect to server Discord
91/∞
online
Top