Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [ALL] Hacking Policy Change

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562290

Jacob wrote:
Omfg thx EMP, I now know a method to hack undetected. LOOOL Ty bruv
Yea dude legit like google any gmod C++ hack witch there are some open source ones. Then you'll see they figured that shit out years ago, witch kinda makes you discoraged because other then abusing exploits(that who knows if any exist like that anymore). You realize how pointless it would be. Even if we found an exploit we would report it not use it. Something that can read or write directly to memory is a massive and unacceptable exploit to leave in the game. With that type of access it you could absolutely fuck someones PC up.

Imagin if a few years ago with the cough cough exploit was found the people who released it had decied to use it for malicious purposes they could have infected hundreds of thounsands of users.
Morgan wrote:
I've been here for 4 years and the number of people hacking has only grown since we changed the hacking policy. This crap about "ZARP is about second chances!" is true to some extent, but if someone really wants to ruin everyone's experience for their own selfish hacking reasons, they deserve an upfront ban and can always appeal. Giving them another chance, two, even more in some cases in the past hasn't helped the person but in fact hurts everyone around them.

Change it.

:plussp:
One I'm can't really fathom we would have had less hackers before we added the anitcheat system and with that changed the policy for hacking. I would be willing to bet more people hacked durning a time when the server had no anitcheat period then during then time when it does. Two you of all people should really appreciate how willing ZARP is to give anyone another chance regardless of what it is they have done dont you think?
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by EMP.
Login or register to post a reply.

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562327

Forums let me see the fricking post

• DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by DEADMONSTOR.

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562341

EMP wrote:
One I'm can't really fathom we would have had less hackers before we added the anitcheat system and with that changed the policy for hacking.

I should've been more clear, this would have been after the anti cheat was added but still they've only been going up and that's a big concern for a lot of the people voting yes on this.
EMP wrote:
Two you of all people should really appreciate how willing ZARP is to give anyone another chance regardless of what it is they have done dont you think?

I do agree with the second chances in most cases, when it comes to hacking though I feel their second chance should be after they appeal and get accepted. So we can truly see and hear from them how they're going to improve.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee, EMP

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562356

Does hacks really work when it's laggy tho? Seems kinda pointless

Also the reason people hack especially the ones that have been here for a while is because others are hacking. It has a bad influence on other people so something could be done towards it. In my opinion apology posts are really bad because it gives the public a number on how many people hack and that you get away with it just by making a decent apology.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by catboy sven ツ. Reason: grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562360

EMP wrote:
Jacob wrote:
Omfg thx EMP, I now know a method to hack undetected. LOOOL Ty bruv
Yea dude legit like google any gmod C++ hack witch there are some open source ones. Then you'll see they figured that shit out years ago, witch kinda makes you discoraged because other then abusing exploits(that who knows if any exist like that anymore). You realize how pointless it would be. Even if we found an exploit we would report it not use it. Something that can read or write directly to memory is a massive and unacceptable exploit to leave in the game. With that type of access it you could absolutely fuck someones PC up.

Imagin if a few years ago with the cough cough exploit was found the people who released it had decied to use it for malicious purposes they could have infected hundreds of thounsands of users.
Morgan wrote:
I've been here for 4 years and the number of people hacking has only grown since we changed the hacking policy. This crap about "ZARP is about second chances!" is true to some extent, but if someone really wants to ruin everyone's experience for their own selfish hacking reasons, they deserve an upfront ban and can always appeal. Giving them another chance, two, even more in some cases in the past hasn't helped the person but in fact hurts everyone around them.

Change it.

One I'm can't really fathom we would have had less hackers before we added the anitcheat system and with that changed the policy for hacking. I would be willing to bet more people hacked durning a time when the server had no anitcheat period then during then time when it does. Two you of all people should really appreciate how willing ZARP is to give anyone another chance regardless of what it is they have done dont you think?

First of all you speak way to clever for me man, tone it down im stupid. I cant understand you. wtf is c++
Second, back in 2013-2014, there actually wasn't many hackers, I guess since a lot of items got presented, the competition level raised by a ton, which brought hackers along. The anti-cheat is great, we're not complaining about that, but we want to see a change in the policy, since that is the problem I believe. Knowing that I will get a second chance if I go ahead and cheat, puts me on the wrong mindset, I strongly believe if the policy is changed, and people that get busted in hacking would get a insta perm ban. They would then appeal that ban, and show why they have changed.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562361

C++ is like the nr 1 hacking programming language, Jabbe. It's popular due to it's performance and it's large use of references which aren't normally available in other languages.

C++ > Lua
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562563

Aspect wrote:
C++ is like the nr 1 hacking programming language, Jabbe. It's popular due to it's performance and it's large use of references which aren't normally available in other languages.

C++ > Lua
That and its the language in witch the soruce engine runs. Gmod Lua is just an interface for access to the games C++ internals in an easier way. That means that C++ runs above the Lua state and we are restricted to accessing the C++ in the ways that the Gmod devs allowed from Lua. So if someone was using a C++ hack to directly modify the game there isnt anything Lua can do about it. Tdlr there is no way excluding old long patched exploits to decect a C++ hack in Lua.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562564

EMP wrote:
Aspect wrote:

C++ > Lua
That and its the language in witch the soruce engine runs. Gmod Lua is just an interface for access to the games C++ internals in an easier way. That means that C++ runs above the Lua state and we are restricted to accessing the C++ in the ways that the Gmod devs allowed from Lua. So if someone was using a C++ hack to directly modify the game there isnt anything Lua can do about it. Tdlr there is no way excluding old long patched exploits to decect a C++ hack in Lua.
I could just simply google this but eh fuck it, why does VAC not work in Gmod?
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562565

EMP wrote:
Aspect wrote:

C++ > Lua

Can I get that in English? I tried google translate but doesnt work
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562603

Clarky wrote:
EMP wrote:
Aspect wrote:

C++ > Lua
I could just simply google this but eh fuck it, why does VAC not work in Gmod?
It does, but overall VAC is essentially a manual system. Now obviously you get automatically banned, but thats not what im talking about. The way VAC works is by detecting memory changes and checking what those values should be. But it has to get that information from somewhere, and with every soruce engine game being different you have to asume that these values and dectections require constant updating. As the game changes etc etc. Now the assumption that VAC doesn't work in gmod is incorrect. VAC does (who really fucking knows tho it might not now after all these years) decect a few specific dlls(bacon bot and seths hack), because those are the ones that manually had detection rules added to gmods VAC. Now Im assuming that due to the size of Facepunch Studios and that I'm assuming that it is up to the game devs to update their instance of VAC detection rules. That Facepunch just doesnt care to put in the time that would be required to play the constant cat and mouse game that would be necessary to keep the detection rules updated while cheaters found ways around them. Think about CSGO and how big valve is and even then it can take them months to figure out how to get VAC to detect a new DLL. Not to mention VAC can't be used to detect lua cheats because of how every server is diferent you could't write detection rules for it. Now Garry had his own ban system but the last time he ever banned people with it was in 2013. Personally I think Garry realized himself how pointless it would be and stoped trying. Further proof of this is how Garry contracted out the anitcheat system in rust to www.easyanticheat.net/
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer

Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by EMP.

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562751

Bump!
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 996

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562780

Permanent ban with no chance of appeal.

It works for VAC, it works for PERP, it'll work here too.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562788

We should strike a balance between VAC, too strict and GTA:Online which gives cheaters 3 chances to improve, possibly too lenient although it works very well.
PS Aspect it's time to ditch the Pentium 4 it's older than you buddy!
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5078

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562789

Chuteuk wrote:
We should strike a balance between VAC, too strict and GTA:Online which gives cheaters 3 chances to improve, possibly too lenient although it works very well.
Or just follow the votes.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562790

Chuteuk wrote:
Also keep in mind that they still have the chance to appeal their ban so technically they have infinite chances
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562791

• Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562794

The policy works fine no need to change it random hackers after being kicked/banned wont even come back and usual players will remove their hacks to keep playing in the server
  • Diego
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 407
~

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #562796

Chuteuk wrote:

Screw u it's great
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #563096

Bump
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

[ALL] Hacking Policy Change 7 years 4 months ago #563586

Bump!

Apparently the poll was reset.