Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182826

Server Name:

SCP: Secret Laboratory

Suggestion Title:

Implementation of a new server, SCP: Secret Laboratory!

How would it benefit the server:

My last suggestion, even though supported by most of the community, had been rejected due to the lack of an available developer who would design and maintain the server. Fortunately, I had another idea, if SCP-RP was a no-go due to the reason mentioned above, then why not implement SCP: Secret Laboratory, which requires literally no maintaining nor developing, since all updates are done by Northwood Studios™...

Here is a helpful guide as to how to establish a server - [SCP:SL] Server FAQ

How to play?

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Potential Issues/Exploits:

It will surely have issues just like every server possible has, we just can't know which ones, at least not this much in advance.

Additional notes:

This is an example of how the SCP: SL badges on TS, rules and other stuff would look like for the new server:

TeamSpeak Related Stuff

Just like every server in the ZARP community, this server is going to have it's own TeamSpeak staff badges and also it's own unique Staff Templates and Rules too.

I'm going to start off from the TeamSpeak staff badges considering this part will be shorter. So, just like for every ZARP server, this one will have its own unique badges for its own staff member(s). Here are some I tried making on my own.

SCP: SL Moderator -

SCP: SL Administrator -

SCP: SL Super Administrator -

SCP: SL Head Administrator -

SCP: Secret Laboratory Rules

Just like every server, this too would also need to have its own, unique, set of rules. This was personally my idea of how it would look for this server:

1.0 General Conduct Rules

1.1 Discrimination - Discrimination in any form (racism, sexism, prejudicial remarks, xenophobia) is strictly prohibited on our servers.

1.2 Disrespect - We expect all users on the servers to conduct themselves respectfully and politely at all times.

1.3 Spamming - Spamming is not allowed on our servers, do not repeat messages within a short amount of time. This applies to both text and voice chat. Music may only be played by radio managers. Spamming your camera is not allowed.

1.4 Promotion of non-ZARP services - Promotion of competing communities or services is not allowed on our servers.

1.5 Client-Side Modification & Hacking - Any form of hacking, scripting, cheating or malicious client modification is not allowed on our servers.

1.6 Avoiding Punishment - When being addressed by a staff member out of character, do not disconnect without their permission. Do not attempt to evade your punishments by creating new accounts or rejoining the servers.

1.7 Exploiting - Purposely abusing unintentional game or server features is prohibited.

1.8 Voice Modification/Voice Changers - You may not use any sort of voice modification or voice changing device or software

1.9 Alternate Accounts - Using alternate accounts to simultaneously play in the same session is strictly prohibited.

1.10 Names - Steam names may not be vulgar, offensive or blasphemous.

1.11 Micspam - Spamming the microphone is unacceptable in any format, whether it be screaming, singing, repeating yourself or playing music unless another rule states otherwise.

1.12 Loopholing - The rules have been put in place in order to ensure a fun and safe environment on the servers and as such are not here for anyone to scrutinize or attempt to loophole. The staff has the final word on the rules if you feel like a staff member is abusing you may submit a report against them.

Other rules shall be added if I figure out what else can, and should be prohibited on the server.

Staff Application Templates

Introduction for all staff applications:

[b]Steam name:[/b] 

[b]Time Zone:[/b] 

[b]Link to Steam Profile:[/b] 

[b]SteamID:[/b] 

[b]Estimated Server Time:[/b] 

[b]Languages I Speak:[/b]

Moderator Application Template

[b]Explain what you would do if someone was Text/Mic Spamming on the server:[/b]

[b]Give your explanation as to how you would deal with someone who is failing to conduct themselves politely and respectfully:[/b]

[b]Why I should be chosen(we recommend around 100 words):[/b]

[b]Extra Information: (Not mandatory):[/b]

Administrator Application Templates

[b]Explain how you feel that your time as a Moderator will contribute to you becoming an Admin:[/b]

[b]Explain a situation where it would be appropriate to ban a certain User/individual:[/b]

[b]Explain how you would handle the following situation:[/b]
[i]Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology, and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for misconduct and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?[/i]

[b]Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 100 words):[/b]

[b]Extra Information: (Not Required) [/b]

Super Administrator and Head Administrator application templates should remain the same, they can be located - Here!

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to read through this suggestion. Hopefully, you will like this equally as the previous SCP-RP suggestion, and I truly hope that the Community Team will take this new server suggestion with great seriousness as well as enthusiasm, and one day, establish the new server.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Mr. Richard.
Login or register to post a reply.

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182827

Haven't played the game before I'll try it then give a full "review". From what I see you have put a lot of detail into this though, even with a long ass guide of how to play that I don't want to read but I'm going to anyway.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Spectrum. Reason: Grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182829

Spectrum wrote:
Haven't played the game before I'll try it then give a full "review". From what I see you have put a lot of detail into this though, even with a long ass guide of how to play that I don't want to read but I'm going to anyway.

Just to make it clear, I didn’t make the guide, I copy/pasted it but before doing so, I went through it twice, excluded unnecessary parts, corrected it accordingly, and tidied it up significantly, so people will find it easier to analyze it.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182830

Honestly after Ive witnessed how easy a server is to set up and maintain in SCP:SL, this isnt such a bad idea. It takes next to no maintenance after the initial creation so I see this being a successful idea.
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamaninja, Mr. Richard

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182833

This is pretty cool and well detailed but again who will work on this? Gamemodes take a lot of time and you need a good understanding of what the gamemode is all about which none of the ZARP devs know or have the time for as we have a whole bunch of other things to do such as updates, potential new servers, etc etc.
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
The following user(s) said Thank You: TILTED TURTLE, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182834

Clarky wrote:
This is pretty cool and well detailed but again who will work on this? Gamemodes take a lot of time and you need a good understanding of what the gamemode is all about which none of the ZARP devs know or have the time for as we have a whole bunch of other things to do such as updates, potential new servers, etc etc.
Its a completely new game, its one gamemode, It requires next to no work after the setup
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182835

:plussp: looking to die with the homies as a d boy
  • iFreshFruit
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 9:54 PM - ChummyXRay: and you suck dick at OW
  • Thanks received: 533
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by iFreshFruit.

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182836

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Its a completely new game, its one gamemode, It requires next to no work after the setup
Okay but again who will work on this? Chute has to heavily focus on SSRP and other things alongside run the community, Xnator is busy with updating PS servers which at this moment is a lot of work since we have been extremely busy with making it MUCH better than what it is right now, uzi is also busy with developing other things for his servers and would take up a lot of his time especially when he isn't an expert at lua coding compared to other languages he is capable of. This needs to be thought through properly because it will require a lot of time and effort to get this going, it took me and DEAD over 10 hours almost everyday to get Jailbreak working properly and add content, this server won't be any different either.
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: TILTED TURTLE, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182839

Clarky wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Okay but again who will work on this? Chute has to heavily focus on SSRP and other things alongside run the community, Xnator is busy with updating PS servers which at this moment is a lot of work since we have been extremely busy with making it MUCH better than what it is right now, uzi is also busy with developing other things for his servers and would take up a lot of his time especially when he isn't an expert at lua coding compared to other languages he is capable of. This needs to be thought through properly because it will require a lot of time and effort to get this going, it took me and DEAD over 10 hours almost everyday to get Jailbreak working properly and add content, this server won't be any different either.
There is literally almost nothing to work on, all you have to do is make it official and host it
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182840

Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Clarky wrote:
There is literally almost nothing to work on, all you have to do is make it official and host it
Easier said than done
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182841

Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Easier said than done
Its easy said and done. Even YOU could do this in no time!
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182842

Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Easier said than done
Im gonna trust your word for it as you have way more experience than me but I think you are really underestimating how simple scp is
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182843

Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Easier said than done

Believe it or not, this might be the simplest game when it comes to setting it up. All updates are done by Northwood Studios and the game restarts quite fast after each round which tend to last approximately 20 minutes. The only thing that needs setting up is ranks when first establishing the server, and that’s pretty much it. Feel free to ask around with SO’s of SCP: SL communities. And if you need someone who will “maintain” and “manage” the server whilst being dedicated and consistent, I’ll be fully glad to take the position of this servers SO/“Developer”.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182844

Mr. Richard wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Easier said than done

Believe it or not, this might be the simplest game when it comes to setting it up. All updates are done by Northwood Studios and the game restarts quite fast after each round which tend to last approximately 20 minutes. The only thing that needs setting up is ranks when first establishing the server, and that’s pretty much it. Feel free to ask around with SO’s of SCP: SL communities. And if you need someone who will “maintain” and “manage” the server whilst being dedicated and consistent, I’ll be fully glad to take the position of this servers SO/“Developer”.
Since you're saying it's easy and simple to set up, come to the cm team when you have a server set up to demonstrate it
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182847

I prefer this idea..

B)
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182848

.uzi wrote:
I prefer this idea..

B)
:denied:

I tried playing rust, I got confused and just uninstalled it.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182849

Spectrum wrote:
.uzi wrote:
I prefer this idea..

B)
:denied:

I tried playing rust, I got confused and just uninstalled it.
Mad cause bad
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182850

Clarky wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Easier said than done

Since you're saying it's easy and simple to set up, come to the cm team when you have a server set up to demonstrate it

It took me 10 minutes to download and install the game and all the dedicated server tools (Via steam not steam CMD)
It took me like 5 minutes to do all the IP jiggery pokery and all the port forwarding and hosted.
It was only me on so i had to force start the round, I had no idea what is was doing but it looks like great fun and id definitely play.

:support:
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Jeppe.

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182851

.uzi wrote:
I prefer this idea..

B)

Your opinion is irrelevant! :evil:

Jokes aside, Rust too is a good idea, but if anything is going to be hard establishing, maintaining and managing, and is going to take time, it's definitely Rust. Unlike Rust, SCP: SL can be set up with ease and the only management it will need is the one provided by staff to ensure a safe and fun environment for all Users of ZARP.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Mr. Richard.

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 3 months ago #1182852

Jeppe wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

It took me 10 minutes to download and install the game and all the dedicated server tools (Via steam not steam CMD)
It took me like 5 minutes to do all the IP jiggery pokery and all the port forwarding and hosted.
It was only me on so i had to force start the round, I had no idea what is was doing but it looks like great fun and id definitely play.

:support:

Exactly. Hence why I decided to suggest an SCP server for ZARP yet again, but this time without the flaw of lacking a developer, since the server requires little to no developing and maintaining and all updates are done by Northwood Studios, and the session automatically restarts after every round, which takes up to a few seconds, making the server lag-free as well as ideal and unique.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Mr. Richard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeppe
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

302 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
20/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop