TOPIC: [Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 4 months ago #1184195

:support: would love to see this
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.
Login or register to post a reply.

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 4 months ago #1184197

Man I’m down for that
  • Fives
  • Junior Boarder
  • Find me on xbox at sonic boom654
  • Thanks received: 27

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 4 months ago #1184210

Clarky wrote:
If you want to have an SCP server, I strongly suggest you work on your attitude because it was appalling when myself and Xnator was speaking to you. You're acting like we're so against idea which we WASN'T but you saying it took you an hour to complete the server is beyond ridiculous which is why we asked how do the plugins work, what coding language are they coded in but you had zero idea and kept dodging the question until we had to find out for ourselves which just shows you don't have a single idea on what the hell you're even doing.

Why am I posting this on the forums you may ask? To prevent you from being so snarky about it to others, don't go around and ruin others reputation because this is literally on you, none of us.

Oh and if you're wondering what brought me to posting this here you go:

I’d really suggest you try to start a sever for yourself before you posted this, and posting this on the forums is unprofessional and mean spirited, I got nothing against you but, dick move man. Don’t know if you did this privately but haven’t seen an apology either and more of an excuse for your unprofessionalism and tarnishing this mans name, which there should never be an excuse for.
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 26
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Nerdyganii.

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 4 months ago #1184212

TheXnator wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The API was updated within 2 days of the update, which I found with a couple of quick Google searches and checking the Github page for the addon (given that Richard isn't a developer, I wouldn't really expect him to think of checking the Github page, but given the desire to create and own a server, I would expect a little more effort to be put in).

The last thing that we want is for any drama to be started or for anyone to feel less motivated to work in the community, although we do also want to keep things realistic, as I know from experience that starting work on a server and spending hours working on it only then to find out that the idea itself is not going to be considered is a lot worse than having a realistic expectation from the start.

To clarify, the reason that I was quite shocked when we spoke with Richard about this was the manner that I was met with when I was trying to work out what was going on. As someone who created 2 servers from scratch which got added to ZARP, has owned every Pointshop server besides BHOP at some point and has tried to create a few other servers which never came to fruition, it is quite frustrating for someone to say "oh yeah I've done this in an hour and it's ready to present / release" (It was stated by Richard that the server was ready for release in ZARP itself, not just a raw setup). Of course, I wanted to be sure that the idea had been given the appropriate levels of thought and that the people who wanted to own it were going to be capable of doing so. We want our servers to be able to stand out against those of other communities, and so when the person making the suggestion itself says directly that you "cannot add much to the game" and that "it would just be a generic server but it would get players because we have players in the community", it comes across that this is simply an attempt to take advantage of an easy route to owning a server (and it doesn't work this way at all).

We want to see unique servers which have had time and effort put into them to create the best experience possible, making the server itself stand out from other servers. A suggestion post itself, as such, should always include some of the key unique features that will be on the server - as this is not a gmod server, there isn't the Pointshop to make the server more unique, so even more thought and time would have to go into it in this case. The excuse that it is "impossible" to do so does not hold true, as my research into this led me to finding a whole array of existing plugins for servers, and an updated API (for C#) which opens up a whole range of opportunities. Given that Richard is not a developer, we would obviously not expect him to create custom and unique features, but we would expect someone who wants to own a server to be able to come up with ideas which could then be worked on by one of the existing developers in the community with knowledge of the language (given that this is C#, that would be myself, Chute, DEAD or uzi) or for someone else to be taken onto the project to work on things like this.

All in all, we're probably not going to be expanding out into more new games at the current time, given that we are already planning to release a server on a new game (TF2) and have some other stuff in the works. Given that this season is also the busiest time for the CM Team around updates and holidays, we really just don't have the time to reliably oversee such a project currently, unless a specific CM Team member or existing Server Owner were interested in taking a lead and helping a project like this to be completed properly. Of course, this doesn't rule out new ideas for the future at all, and we can always put ideas for new servers onto our backlog to work on and oversee once we do have the time.

Hopefully this helps you to understand our viewpoint a bit better and anyone else who is a bit confused on the matter. This isn't to say this can't happen or that we're ruling it out, just that a lot of time will need to be put into coming up with some ideas for it to really make it stand out. If you do wish to continue working on this, then I wish you the best of luck.

Took me a quick google search to tell you that a server doesn’t take time to make, saying you were upset because the coding in a DIFFERENT game is harder than this one, not only proves Richards point of this being a good idea, but makes you seem uneducated. If you really cared about his point of view you would’ve asked him before purposely and blatantly ignoring him and then posting something akin to a damn Twitter rant on the FORUMS, I can see why Richard was nervous. If you didn’t want drama you shouldn’t have started it. Really unprofessional. Don’t know if you talked privately but didn’t see a single apology for this blatant, abhorrent display of not only unprofessionalism, but lack of trust to speak to you of private matters or things related to this subject. This is more of an excuse and it’s clear you don’t regret that you tried to tarnish this mans reputation. You and Clark have frankly embarrassed everyone involved in this “drama” and I suggest you delete or edit the posts.
I have nothing against you x but this is appalling.
Thank you
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 4 months ago #1184221

I hope I can play with you sometime Richard!
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 4 months ago #1184223

Making servers are hard, it isn't dragged and drop and if we wanted to put anything on the server that isn't made by them then it would end up being hard, one because its a completely different game that we don't play and two, we wouldn't know how to fix issues that might be really easy to fix. There is a lot more effort that goes into servers than you think, For example here is an admin system that they made LINK. We don't ever go for "basic" gamemodes we always like to add benefits for VIP's and other things so that would have to come from us as they won't have that.

Even after that the only person that has that game on the CM team is uzi and hasn't played it anywhere near to the degree to understand what it would need to make a whole server for it. Understanding the game is needed to make the server or you will just have half-broken things with the owners trying to figure out how the game even plays.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3800

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 4 months ago #1184265

DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Making servers are hard, it isn't dragged and drop and if we wanted to put anything on the server that isn't made by them then it would end up being hard, one because its a completely different game that we don't play and two, we wouldn't know how to fix issues that might be really easy to fix. There is a lot more effort that goes into servers than you think, For example here is an admin system that they made LINK. We don't ever go for "basic" gamemodes we always like to add benefits for VIP's and other things so that would have to come from us as they won't have that.

Even after that the only person that has that game on the CM team is uzi and hasn't played it anywhere near to the degree to understand what it would need to make a whole server for it. Understanding the game is needed to make the server or you will just have half-broken things with the owners trying to figure out how the game even plays.

This is still no excuse for their blatant unprofessionalism not only to a fellow member of the community, but to a respected staff member.
Not only that, but they practically publicly shamed him for showing his idea for the server THEY RUN. Turkey disgusting actions from people I wouldn’t think would choose them
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 4 months ago #1184301

DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Understanding the game means realising uniqueness ruins it.
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 2 months ago #1194270

bump yeah
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 1 month ago #1201150

Bump, another megapatch coming this month!
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 1 month ago #1201167

cheers :clap: hop it gets to a game mode stage
  • Legendary
  • Expert Boarder
  • $1,134
  • Thanks received: 186

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 4 years 2 weeks ago #1206143

Giving this a bump, mostly because I want to share this mini-movie with SCP fans. Enjoy! :)

• Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamaninja

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 3 years 2 months ago #1309030

This has to happen

:plussp:
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 3 years 2 months ago #1309031

Nah me and Markus would be too good
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 3 years 2 months ago #1309072

EviIstewie wrote:

i would annihilate you as class-d :?
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 3 years 2 months ago #1309074

Vodka4Gaben wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:

You'd probably have your neck snapped by 173 before even leaving the LCZ.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markus, Vodka4Gaben

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 3 years 2 months ago #1309079

Vodka4Gaben wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:

You WISH buddy me and stewie escape in a matter of MINUTES
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 3 years 2 months ago #1309085

Markus wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:

3 mins out the building 5 if we nuking :silly:
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 3 years 2 months ago #1309090

EviIstewie wrote:
Markus wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:

3 mins out the building 5 if we nuking :silly:
rookie numbers, i can get out 2m 40 sec as d-boy gg :blink:
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

[Server Suggestion] SCP: Secret Laboratory 3 years 2 months ago #1309115

I believe on what I was told, although this is an amazing suggestion and it looks really fun however who would own it, code it etc.

As the CM team are stretched out while updating the servers we already have .
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

158 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun