Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [deathrun] Remove leech rule

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955139

HappyDead000 wrote:
Yes because if i just arrive to a trap and i stand still for something and someone else baits the trap why should i be warned for leeching beecause i just arrived at this trap It think it needs an edit because the rule now is pretty harsh
Leeching is when you just let others finish the map for you. it's not letting a person bait 1 trap for you.
2.21 - Leeching
Leeching as runner isn't allowed. You must be trying to complete the map as you play without staying behind used traps waiting for other runners to finish.
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff
The topic has been locked.

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955140

Mico wrote:
You guys enjoy punishing new players who're slower than people speed running lol.

EDIT: I'll tell you what I will go on right now and get some players warned for leeching
It's really easy for us as staff to differentiate between new players being outrun by experienced players and actual leeching, and it is enforced as such.

Anyone who can't differentiate between the two really isn't suitable for staff roles on our server.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4296

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The following user(s) said Thank You: Newdude

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955147

Newdude wrote:
HappyDead000 wrote:
Yes because if i just arrive to a trap and i stand still for something and someone else baits the trap why should i be warned for leeching beecause i just arrived at this trap It think it needs an edit because the rule now is pretty harsh
Leeching is when you just let others finish the map for you. it's not letting a person bait 1 trap for you.
2.21 - Leeching
Leeching as runner isn't allowed. You must be trying to complete the map as you play without staying behind used traps waiting for other runners to finish.

It sort of does tho because new people are not fast enough for me/lemon/kai/deadly when we bhop xD like on atomic we are that fast that we do the whole map baiting and stuff and the rest just completes the map for doing nothing so its a rule thats weird but understandable too so i should be warned many times when lemon completes the whole map and i just walked or bhop slower then him and did nothing really
  • Happy
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dutch guy
  • Thanks received: 259
Ranks:
-Ex Deathrun Admin
-Ex Community Council Member
-Ex SSRP Admin
-Ex Surf Moderator
-Ex Jailbreak Admin

Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Happy.

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955151

HappyDead000 wrote:
Newdude wrote:
HappyDead000 wrote:
2.21 - Leeching

It sort of does tho because new people are not fast enough for me/lemon/kai/deadly when we bhop xD like on atomic we are that fast that we do the whole map baiting and stuff and the rest just completes the map for doing nothing so its a rule thats weird but understandable too so i should be warned many times when lemon completes the whole map and i just walked or bhop slower then him and did nothing really
talk to me on steam please. i wanna explain something to you.
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Newdude.

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955157

You guys don't understand that it is a useless rule to have, it's so petty to warn someone for not baiting a trap.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7911
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955158

Mico wrote:
You guys don't understand that it is a useless rule to have, it's so petty to warn someone for not baiting a trap.
the rule says "you must be trying to complete the map as you play without staying behind used traps waiting for other runners to finish"
i wanna know where it says not baiting 1 trap will get you warned. it's a rule that is very clear.
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955160

Newdude wrote:
HappyDead000 wrote:
2.21 - Leeching
In other words being slow yes. OR not knowing how to Bhop...
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1035
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Boxy.

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955162

box_ wrote:
Newdude wrote:
HappyDead000 wrote:
2.21 - Leeching
so you're saying leeching is being slow? leeching is when you let others finish the map for you, help me understand how that means you are slow and the person who won is faster than you?
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Newdude.

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955163

Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
the rule says "you must be trying to complete the map as you play without staying behind used traps waiting for other runners to finish"
i wanna know where it says not baiting 1 trap will get you warned. it's a rule that is very clear.
Lmao you do realise that this shit can fall under delaying if a player is last alive, would you warn a slow player for being behind an activated trap? This rule would only be in effect when a player is last alive, which means it can be classed as delaying not leeching.
Leeching is actually when you let someone else bait all of the traps for you.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955164

In other words - Being slow :/

Thats what i tried to say newdude ... like box says "Being slow" because the rule state that
  • Happy
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dutch guy
Ranks:
-Ex Deathrun Admin
-Ex SSRP Admin
-Ex Surf Moderator
-Ex Jailbreak Admin

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955165

Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Lmao you do realise that this shit can fall under delaying if a player is last alive, would you warn a slow player for being behind an activated trap? This rule would only be in effect when a player is last alive, which means it can be classed as delaying not leeching.
it's easy to differentiate between a slow player and a person trying to leech.
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955167

Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Can you explain how then?
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955172

Newdude wrote:
box_ wrote:
Newdude wrote:
HappyDead000 wrote:
2.21 - Leeching
so you're saying leeching is being slow? leeching is when you let others finish the map for you, help me understand how that means you are slow and the person who won is faster than you?

WHICH is called being slow/not knowing how to bhop, Think about it you're letting someone win for you IF you can't bhop and they can because you'll be going slower and some staff might see this as leeching because the rule is stupid and harsh to new players
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955173

Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
when a person for example is bhopping a map really fast and he makes the deaths activate alot of traps there would be this one slow player trying to catch up. but maybe there would be this person waiting until that fast bhopper wins so he can get the xp. the slow player would be trying to run(or bhop) and staff could easily understand if he is leeching or not, and quite frankly if they don't see the difference then they have a poor understanding of the rule.

it's quite easy to spot a leecher.(a person letting another runner win without him doing anything)
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955176

Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
when a person for example is bhopping a map really fast and he makes the deaths activate alot of traps there would be this one slow player trying to catch up. but maybe there would be this person waiting until that fast bhopper wins so he can get the xp. the slow player would be trying to run(or bhop) and staff could easily understand if he is leeching or not, and quite frankly if they don't see the difference then they have a poor understanding of the rule.

it's quite easy to spot a leecher.(a person letting another runner win without him doing anything)
You do realise that a person leeching can do the same as a slow player correct...
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955182

you are fucking shit so you have to leech, learn how to play the gamemode properly :salt: :salt:
only thing i agree with, is if a player is new, don't blame him, he can't help it.
:minussp:
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1274

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955183

Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:

You do realise that a person leeching can do the same as a slow player correct...
a person doesn't have to bhop to play deathrun. and it would easily be noticeable if someone is trying to leech by slow walking(pressing alt to be really slow and intentionally let a faster guy win). wouldn't you think that is easy to spot?
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955184

Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:

a person doesn't have to bhop to play deathrun. and it would easily be noticeable if someone is trying to leech by slow walking(pressing alt to be really slow and intentionally let a faster guy win). wouldn't you think that is easy to spot?

Normal walking can be a leecher to
  • Happy
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dutch guy
Ranks:
-Ex Deathrun Admin
-Ex SSRP Admin
-Ex Surf Moderator
-Ex Jailbreak Admin

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955185

Ashur wrote:
you are fucking shit so you have to leech, learn how to play the gamemode properly :salt: :salt:
only thing i agree with, is if a player is new, don't blame him, he can't help it.
:minussp:

Welcome back to the forums,

My point of this is not because I'm shit the point is if someones slower than others some stupid staff member would end up punishing them for leeching and other stuff but still
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955186

HappyDead000 wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:

Normal walking can be a leecher to
so a person who doesn't bhop is automatically a leecher?
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

128 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1