Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
You guys don't understand that it is a useless rule to have, it's so petty to warn someone for not baiting a trap.
the rule says "you must be trying to complete the map as you play without staying behind used traps waiting for other runners to finish"
i wanna know where it says not baiting 1 trap will get you warned. it's a rule that is very clear.
Lmao you do realise that this shit can fall under delaying if a player is last alive, would you warn a slow player for being behind an activated trap? This rule would only be in effect when a player is last alive, which means it can be classed as delaying not leeching.
Leeching is actually when you let someone else bait all of the traps for you.
it's easy to differentiate between a slow player and a person trying to leech.
Can you explain how then?
when a person for example is bhopping a map really fast and he makes the deaths activate alot of traps there would be this one slow player trying to catch up. but maybe there would be this person waiting until that fast bhopper wins so he can get the xp. the slow player would be trying to run(or bhop) and staff could easily understand if he is leeching or not, and quite frankly if they don't see the difference then they have a poor understanding of the rule.

it's quite easy to spot a leecher.(a person letting another runner win without him doing anything)
You do realise that a person leeching can do the same as a slow player correct...
a person doesn't have to bhop to play deathrun. and it would easily be noticeable if someone is trying to leech by slow walking(pressing alt to be really slow and intentionally let a faster guy win). wouldn't you think that is easy to spot?
Jesus Christ a I did not say a person doesn't have to bhop to player Deathrun, what I am saying is that a player can walk or bhop at the same pace as a slow player. It is quite hard to tell the difference between a slow player and a leecher. You guys just do not take these facts into consideration.
If I joined the server on an alt account that was a low level and decided to move at the same pace of a slow player with the intention of leeching, you're telling me that you'd be able to tell?
You're telling me that walking is automatically leeching too? walking isn't leeching. walking is far from leeching as in leeching is purposely letting people bait traps for you. and walking shouldn't be classified as leeching since it's what is supposed to happen in deathrun. bhopping is just a part of deathrun that you could use if you want more fun.
So you're telling me if I purposely moved at a slow pace to avoid baiting traps, it would not be leeching?
Honestly you really need to think about what you're saying. You do not have to be stationary of afk to leech, you do not have to wait at an activated trap to leech. Leeching can be done in many different ways and that is the point going over your heads.
deathrun doesn't even require bhopping and you can still bait traps without jumping or without bhopping. deathrun started off without bhops. as i said bhop is just there for fun. i wanna know why walking should be classified as leeching. you can still bait traps without any autohop.
You're really not reading what I have said. "If I joined the server on an alt account that was a low level and decided to move at the same pace of a slow player with the intention of leeching, you're telling me that you'd be able to tell?" What are you even going on about with bhopping? I suggest reading over the points I have stated closely.
my point is that walking is the official intent of deathrun and you can bait traps while walking easily. that's why it shouldn't be classified as leeching.
You do realise that bhopping has always been apart of most if not all source games, there does not need to be autohop to bhop on a server. Deathrun is a game mode that is notorious for bhopping not walking. Prior to Garry's mod being released, there was bhopping in other source games such as Half life, which transferred over to Garry's mod.
deathrun servers don't always have bhop and the deathrun gamemode itself was not made to bhop. it was just added to the servers of deathrun just to add a bit of fun. in gmod we have alot of servers for bhopping and that's literally the only gamemode that should ever have autohop.
Honestly... You really do not understand what I am saying. (BHOP HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PART OF ALL GAMEMODES ON GARRY'S MOD) just because a server is not auto hop it does not mean that the server is not made for bhopping. There are a few bhop servers that do not use auto hop, would those servers not be made for bhopping?
deathrun itself has been a gamemode not only on gmod. but on other games like css. the original gamemode didn't have autohop, it was later added into for the servers to gain more players.

EDIT: you can't just use autohop as an excuse to make leeching a harsh rule. walking is the main thing in deathrun.
i'm not replying again. if you need me then talk to me on teamspeak or steam.
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Newdude.
The topic has been locked.

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955239

Mico wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
Mico wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
2.2 - Delaying
Intentionally holding up the round to pause play is not allowed, an example would be to be the last runner alive and not make an attempt to bait traps, and just wait the round out.

2.21 - Leeching
Leeching as runner isn't allowed. You must be trying to complete the map as you play without staying behind used traps waiting for other runners to finish.

The delaying rule states that holding up the round as the last player is intentionally delaying the round for others by just waiting. An example of this is going near the end and just waiting there looking at the deaths.

The Leeching rule states that people must be trying to complete the map without waiting behind others in one place. The example i'll use is from Atomic Warfare. A runner is in stage 4 and is nearly at the end. The Leecher is staying around stage 1 waiting for them to finish.To Leech, you don't have to stay in one place. You can be running around stage 1 but it is still leeching. If that person then moves onto the next stage and the stage after that and the other runner is at the end then it is not leeching anymore as they are moving from place to place getting to the end.
Well you've just fucked yourself there. Where in the rules does it say that standing in one place means you're leeching?
Like I have said before if you guys would read the input that I contributed, leeching can be done in more ways that one.
Let's use a player speedrunning for example, if a new player is on stage 1 and a more experienced player is on stage 4, would the new player be leeching and be punished for his lack of skills?

You read it wrong. If you stay in one place literally avoiding the next few traps while someone is alive past them it is leeching. If you are going to the next stage being slow about it, it's not leeching.
Alright so if a player went afk for a valid reason as a runner on the 1st stage and came back later that round and player is on stage 4, would that be leeching?

No as the auto killer would step in. However, if they do indeed go AFK and then come back, most of the time they would have been fspecced. If not and they had no intention to leech then it is ok. It's not leeching if they didn't do it with the intention to leech.
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955243

Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
You guys don't understand that it is a useless rule to have, it's so petty to warn someone for not baiting a trap.
the rule says "you must be trying to complete the map as you play without staying behind used traps waiting for other runners to finish"
i wanna know where it says not baiting 1 trap will get you warned. it's a rule that is very clear.
Lmao you do realise that this shit can fall under delaying if a player is last alive, would you warn a slow player for being behind an activated trap? This rule would only be in effect when a player is last alive, which means it can be classed as delaying not leeching.
when a person for example is bhopping a map really fast and he makes the deaths activate alot of traps there would be this one slow player trying to catch up. but maybe there would be this person waiting until that fast bhopper wins so he can get the xp. the slow player would be trying to run(or bhop) and staff could easily understand if he is leeching or not, and quite frankly if they don't see the difference then they have a poor understanding of the rule.

it's quite easy to spot a leecher.(a person letting another runner win without him doing anything)
You do realise that a person leeching can do the same as a slow player correct...
a person doesn't have to bhop to play deathrun. and it would easily be noticeable if someone is trying to leech by slow walking(pressing alt to be really slow and intentionally let a faster guy win). wouldn't you think that is easy to spot?
Jesus Christ a I did not say a person doesn't have to bhop to player Deathrun, what I am saying is that a player can walk or bhop at the same pace as a slow player. It is quite hard to tell the difference between a slow player and a leecher. You guys just do not take these facts into consideration.
If I joined the server on an alt account that was a low level and decided to move at the same pace of a slow player with the intention of leeching, you're telling me that you'd be able to tell?
You're telling me that walking is automatically leeching too? walking isn't leeching. walking is far from leeching as in leeching is purposely letting people bait traps for you. and walking shouldn't be classified as leeching since it's what is supposed to happen in deathrun. bhopping is just a part of deathrun that you could use if you want more fun.
So you're telling me if I purposely moved at a slow pace to avoid baiting traps, it would not be leeching?
Honestly you really need to think about what you're saying. You do not have to be stationary of afk to leech, you do not have to wait at an activated trap to leech. Leeching can be done in many different ways and that is the point going over your heads.
deathrun doesn't even require bhopping and you can still bait traps without jumping or without bhopping. deathrun started off without bhops. as i said bhop is just there for fun. i wanna know why walking should be classified as leeching. you can still bait traps without any autohop.
You're really not reading what I have said. "If I joined the server on an alt account that was a low level and decided to move at the same pace of a slow player with the intention of leeching, you're telling me that you'd be able to tell?" What are you even going on about with bhopping? I suggest reading over the points I have stated closely.
my point is that walking is the official intent of deathrun and you can bait traps while walking easily. that's why it shouldn't be classified as leeching.
You do realise that bhopping has always been apart of most if not all source games, there does not need to be autohop to bhop on a server. Deathrun is a game mode that is notorious for bhopping not walking. Prior to Garry's mod being released, there was bhopping in other source games such as Half life, which transferred over to Garry's mod.
deathrun servers don't always have bhop and the deathrun gamemode itself was not made to bhop. it was just added to the servers of deathrun just to add a bit of fun. in gmod we have alot of servers for bhopping and that's literally the only gamemode that should ever have autohop.
Honestly... You really do not understand what I am saying. (BHOP HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PART OF ALL GAMEMODES ON GARRY'S MOD) just because a server is not auto hop it does not mean that the server is not made for bhopping. There are a few bhop servers that do not use auto hop, would those servers not be made for bhopping?
deathrun itself has been a gamemode not only on gmod. but on other games like css. the original gamemode didn't have autohop, it was later added into for the servers to gain more players.
Auto hop is meant to help new players bhop, in games such as half life you cannot hold down your space bar, but rather you'd have to use your scroll wheel. A lot of people used scroll wheel in all the game modes from deathrun on css to more competitive games in csgo. You can make a server bhop related without using the auto hop feature.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7911
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955244

Annie Montana wrote:
Mico wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
Mico wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
2.2 - Delaying
Intentionally holding up the round to pause play is not allowed, an example would be to be the last runner alive and not make an attempt to bait traps, and just wait the round out.

2.21 - Leeching
Leeching as runner isn't allowed. You must be trying to complete the map as you play without staying behind used traps waiting for other runners to finish.

The delaying rule states that holding up the round as the last player is intentionally delaying the round for others by just waiting. An example of this is going near the end and just waiting there looking at the deaths.

The Leeching rule states that people must be trying to complete the map without waiting behind others in one place. The example i'll use is from Atomic Warfare. A runner is in stage 4 and is nearly at the end. The Leecher is staying around stage 1 waiting for them to finish.To Leech, you don't have to stay in one place. You can be running around stage 1 but it is still leeching. If that person then moves onto the next stage and the stage after that and the other runner is at the end then it is not leeching anymore as they are moving from place to place getting to the end.
Well you've just fucked yourself there. Where in the rules does it say that standing in one place means you're leeching?
Like I have said before if you guys would read the input that I contributed, leeching can be done in more ways that one.
Let's use a player speedrunning for example, if a new player is on stage 1 and a more experienced player is on stage 4, would the new player be leeching and be punished for his lack of skills?

You read it wrong. If you stay in one place literally avoiding the next few traps while someone is alive past them it is leeching. If you are going to the next stage being slow about it, it's not leeching.
Alright so if a player went afk for a valid reason as a runner on the 1st stage and came back later that round and player is on stage 4, would that be leeching?

No as the auto killer would step in. However, if they do indeed go AFK and then come back, most of the time they would have been fspecced. If not and they had no intention to leech then it is ok. It's not leeching if they didn't do it with the intention to leech.
Alright so if we're talking about atomic warfare, the afk killer only acts in the spawn area not throughout the map. If a player was afk whilst the game is being played, there is no need to fspec them due to them not playing a vital difference in the round. Another thing is how would you know that a player would have the intention of leeching?
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955247

delete death run and that solves the whole leech problem
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955248

Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:
Newdude wrote:
Mico wrote:

EDIT: you can't just use autohop as an excuse to make leeching a harsh rule. walking is the main thing in deathrun.
i'm not replying again. if you need me then talk to me on teamspeak or steam.
Honestly you guys need to learn how to read facts properly and not skim it..
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[deathrun] Remove leech rule 6 years 3 months ago #955680

#Denied
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner