Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ZARP MINECRAFT?!

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503281

TheXnator wrote:
ryanmemer wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
ryanmemer wrote:
I think this is a terrible idea, although the Zarp community has a lot of twelvies to house on this MC server. It won't get populated.

There are many more established and better MC servers out there made by child groomers on the one and only youtube.com.

Also, there cannot be two owners. What a stupid leadership structure. Whoever's fucking paying for the server should be owner and only one owner and the others be an admin / mod.

These randy owners will prob give up with it within a fortnight. Servers take a lot of time to get established and these randy obsessive wannabe owners evidently only want money.

About 1/3 of the whole post was about VIPs and what VIPs get lmao... Jesus maybe you should start the server first before talking about VIP stuff?

This is a server that we want to set up in an existing community, and the leadership structure of this community and the majority of the servers works very well. Having more than one person in charge means that it is much easier for us to split tasks and get work done much more efficiently.
In terms of VIP and stuff, VIP is a community wide thing, and many members already have it, so we want to ensure that there are the benefits in there for the users who already have VIP, and for players who will get it in the future.
Neither of the server owners will be making any money from this server. The Community Owners are the ones who sort out that side of things.

Also, Owners have to be mature.

Pretty sure both EMP and Chuteuk are middleaged adults. Not teenagers.

EMP and Chute are not the only owners. They are the Community Owners. SSRP is not the only server.
TTT has 2 owners: both of whom are in their teens, and at least one of whom is younger than the other owner, hazzenator.
Surf owner, Luan is also not a middleaged adult.
Basically, ZARP is not just SSRP, and each server has its own owners (SSRP the owners are the Community Owners)

My point it, the successful servers are owned and operated by mature adults.
  • ryanmemer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1
Login or register to post a reply.

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503282

ryanmemer wrote:
The GMOD community has only 2 owners with like ~100 staff members. You have 2 owners for 5.

Maybe you should just have 1 owner and 2 admins. Instead of taking away from an established community to potentially damage that too in the process.

In fact, you don't even own Zarp so why are you even making your self an owner? You should be a Head-Admin because of that, because I bet you're not paying for the server either.

:)

Wow, you really don't know what you're talking about. First of all, there are - as far as I know - three ZARP leaders, not two as you claim. I could be wrong, however, being new to the server myself. Also, the ZARP leaders are not the same as the server owners. I believe Max is the server leader of TTT, yet he is not a ZARP leader, completely making your entire point invalid.

I also do not understand how "2 owners for ~100 staff" (which, by the way, is 100% a number made up by you and not at all true) is a comparison. Considering how ZARP has six servers of various sized communities and not at all similar to a Minexraft test server. Note that I am calling it a 'test', because it is. Even if it will be accepted, that does not mean the plug won't be pulled at any time.

Saying 'yes' to this isn't a definite yes to the server, but a 'yes' to see how this will end up. I truly do believe that ZARP could be more than just a Gmod community, and this might be a good step in that direction.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I am also not entirely sure whether what I am saying is true.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, TheXnator

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503364

ryanmemer wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
ryanmemer wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
ryanmemer wrote:
I think this is a terrible idea, although the Zarp community has a lot of twelvies to house on this MC server. It won't get populated.

There are many more established and better MC servers out there made by child groomers on the one and only youtube.com.

Also, there cannot be two owners. What a stupid leadership structure. Whoever's fucking paying for the server should be owner and only one owner and the others be an admin / mod.

These randy owners will prob give up with it within a fortnight. Servers take a lot of time to get established and these randy obsessive wannabe owners evidently only want money.

About 1/3 of the whole post was about VIPs and what VIPs get lmao... Jesus maybe you should start the server first before talking about VIP stuff?

This is a server that we want to set up in an existing community, and the leadership structure of this community and the majority of the servers works very well. Having more than one person in charge means that it is much easier for us to split tasks and get work done much more efficiently.
In terms of VIP and stuff, VIP is a community wide thing, and many members already have it, so we want to ensure that there are the benefits in there for the users who already have VIP, and for players who will get it in the future.
Neither of the server owners will be making any money from this server. The Community Owners are the ones who sort out that side of things.

EMP and Chute are not the only owners. They are the Community Owners. SSRP is not the only server.
TTT has 2 owners: both of whom are in their teens, and at least one of whom is younger than the other owner, hazzenator.
Surf owner, Luan is also not a middleaged adult.
Basically, ZARP is not just SSRP, and each server has its own owners (SSRP the owners are the Community Owners)

My point it, the successful servers are owned and operated by mature adults.
TTT is owned by a 16 year old and its a pretty successful server.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503368

ryanmemer wrote:

Obviously ZARP ultimately would own the "server" as we would be the ones providing hosting and other forms of support. Doing something like this if players wanted and someone who was interested in pursuing the project puts as much time and effort as theses guys have. Costs ZARP absolutely nothing, we already have plenty of infrastructure in place run a OK size MC server. Thats all assuming people would want to play. Personally I think MC is dying as the audience moves on to other things, but I doubt it will totally die out anytime soon. The problems we have had in the past is trusting flaky people who dip out after barely putting in any effort, despite the fact they were the ones who originally wanted to pursue that dream. But in the end it ultimately just ends up wasting only our time. Not to mention exposing people aren't true to their words and give without really doing much at all (totally useless), Hopefully that wouldn't be the case here. ;)

No offence but don't talk big when you don't really know what your talking about. ZARP has be run successfully for years with combination of different owners. Who donate their time to better the community, just like all of our staff team. No one including me is paid by ZARP. Donations cover costs of running the community.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503371

Id totally play on that shit if it had sky wars
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503376

I think we should give them a chance and let them do their own thing and see how it will turn out.
Yes plz :plussp:
  • Slender Baboon
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 203

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503381

Emp stop talking shit the second we switched from my host to urs it become 100 times more laggy
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503383

Jordan fk u you didnt even mention fluffy even tho he resigned before me and made me take the decision to do so aswell :(
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503422

ryanmemer wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
ryanmemer wrote:

You're one to talk about maturity when you take time out of your day to come on SSRP and Mass RDM
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
  • Thanks received: 1644

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503423

Aspect wrote:
Jordan fk u you didnt even mention fluffy even tho he resigned before me and made me take the decision to do so aswell :(
You. vitx and Fluffy were the overall downfall of that server and everyone knows it. You need to learn to stop blaming other people for your misjudgments. You put effort in at the beginning then just stopped cause you couldn't bother to get off your lazy ass and put in some work. Then you reminisce about how someone else resigned before you. Nobody gives a flying fuck about that, it is the overall effort of you 3 that really sealed that servers fate. You need to quit being in denial for your actions and start taking ownership. When you do I think you will realize that not everything is everyone else's fault
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
  • Thanks received: 1644
The following user(s) said Thank You: RubyTheSlump, Raeker

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503473

Alright. Let's sum things up a bit cause people keep asking the same questions.

For those who think Xnator is incapable of owning a server and that he is just power hungry:

Check this post here made by him. It's his response.

For those who think that the server is going to be a disaster cause they past 2 servers were a failure:

TheXnator wrote:

Now, on to responding to the people who are talking about the mistakes of the past owners:
The past owners are not us
We are completely different people, not using what they have done, and we have spent time planning all of this. We are also all HIGHLY unlikely to end up in a situation like the old owners (if you know me, you will likely know that I am very chill, and hazzenator is just never angry at anything).
All that we can do for you at the moment is show you what we have made and what our time has gone into, giving you our ideas and making you promises. You can never know exactly what the final outcome will be, but you should not try to define what we will make of this out of what the past owners did wrong. Think about what was good from the past servers, and think about what we want to do and what we can do. Forget what happened in the past, since all that still remains of that is the memories that you guys have of it. Myself and hazzenator both have experience with staffing / running Minecraft servers (hazzenator more so with experience staffing in high positions, I am the one who is more experienced in the actual making of servers and coding for them).

Hopefully you can realise that the past does not define the future, and you will not know how this will go down until you can see it. If you are willing to give us a chance, I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

I see that many people are thinking about the past. Do you remember the TTT server before Max, Tyler and Captain came? It barely had 5 active players a day from what i have heard and it was about to be shut down. But the new owners learnt from the past owners' mistakes, suggested some new ideas (like the 24/7 Minecraft map) and look at the server now. At peak times, it usually has 34/36 players. That's why in my opinion we should not instantly deny this new Minecraft server suggestion. Even if it gets accepted, that wouldn't mean that the whole ZARP community will die. In the worse case scenario, the Minecraft server will just have 0 players. But if Xnator's promises are true, they will keep suggesting new ideas, they will not resign and eventually Minecraft could become like today's TTT. If this gets accepted, i suggest that Xnator, Hazzenator and Aspect should discuss about the past server's mistakes. Make sure they don't happen on the new one and in my opinion it will not go that badly. Also for the people who think there has not been enough work put in the server, i can ensure you that even if the community accept this idea, the new Minecraft server will launch in atleast 4 months from now. So with the help of the community, this idea can build up to a pretty decent server that the majority will like.

This reply is based on the information i got from other people. If i mentioned stuff that didn't happen, then you have my apologies.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Johnler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, TheXnator, Raeker

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503481

Aspect wrote:
A load of bullshit

I personally was a big player on Factions on the old server, owned by Aspect and Mr Vitx. It was great fun and I remember at one point having more than 50 people on and a lot of factions wars breaking out, a lot of fun to be had.

It's a shame the server went to shit, namely, infact entirely because of the old owners, there was no other reason. Aspect and Mr Vitx completely abandoned the server, failed to create updates and fixes and then tried shifting the blame onto other factors.

If you can overcome the issue of bad server owners then the server may actually have a chance to succeed.

I just hope you aren't promising the world, making a long term commitment and then simply abandoning the server the moment it requires any hard work. Sound familiar Aspect?
  • Dope
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 24

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503493

I got an idea, make the minecraft map become current Zarp server 1 map XD
  • Rae
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 121

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503504

Guys time to get kill aura and vape out :)
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503522

Gody wrote:
Guys time to get kill aura and vape out :)

sp00ky client
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gody

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503559

Aspect wrote:
Emp stop talking shit the second we switched from my host to urs it become 100 times more laggy
Thats cause you were all A useless and B you didnt know what the fuck you were doing at all. You guys were hands down the worst server owners we've ever had and probaly ever will. Not very suprising as you've always been useless so I guess its really our fault for trusting you guys in the first place. You have 0 rights to talk any shit affter you abandoned your project like I knew you would. Your actauly pathetic and DCX should have never given you another chance affter you got throw out of ZARP the first time(what did you think I forgot this is ultimently an alt haha). So you should honestly leave this thread before you really start to piss me off because as far as im concerned nobody gives two shits what you have to say on the matter.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, Jim_Jam, Indiana Jones, 0yc37xrk6m, Jordz and 2 more...

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503560

I really think the minecraft server will flop especially since this is a gmod community and also i dont think you're are really trusted enough to be an owner judging by the way you handle situations for example when you're given critism on teamspeak instead of handling it you move the person out the spacer or leave the spacer you're in and also you are also very biased between people you like and the way you treat and communicate with staff and players in game isn't really owner material. we know you're doing this to get power because thats the kind of person you are

:minussp:
  • Hey its Alex
  • Legendary Member
  • Ex- Deathrun HA, Ex-TTT Admin x2, Ex-Surf Mod
  • Thanks received: 460
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Hey its Alex.

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503583

I'd love to have a zarp minecraft server to play as I think it could have a massive potential. I'd also love to help out by maybe applying to become staff after a while :cheer:

Zarp doesn't have to be just gmod
  • Orang3
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm orange...
  • Thanks received: 431

Max: "I will never be CM banned feel free to quote this in the future"
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Orang3.

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503584

Looking at this topic like

• AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503606

AceInsidious wrote: