Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ZARP MINECRAFT?!

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504494

Codeah wrote:
All of the servers will be running on Minecraft 1.8.9 (due to the coding being a lot easier, and it generally being a much better version than 1.9+)

This isn't true, except from some of the functions being deprecated.
We will incorporate ZARP VIP into the server in a variety of ways. ZARP VIP will give you access to special cosmetic features in the lobby server (and in future, the minigames servers), and will also have some benefits in other servers. We will have some special kits which will be accessible to VIP members only on the Factions server (still obtainable by normal users, but difficult, so as to conform with the EULA). On Freebuild, we could also raise the plots limit for VIP users, or even add the ability to merge owned plots to create a larger plot (these are only ideas which we could add, no promises that they are what we will add just yet).

This is not allowed and will most likely get the server blacklisted.
We will have a custom booster packs system in place for the server in the future (this will not be in place from the very beginning, as it may take a while for us to set up, and will require us to see what gamemodes players enjoy most for us to decide what options to add to the booster packs). The way that this booster pack system will work is that, much like on SSRP, you will be able to buy booster packs from the ZARP forums. These booster packs will then give you a number of "booster pack points" in game. You will be able to use these booster pack points to purchase different upgrades for your favorite gamemodes. In order to follow the Minecraft EULA, the upgrades will still have to be obtainable (in most cases) by players without paying, but will be rather difficult to obtain. These upgrades could include: more plots on Freebuild, money on Factions, weapons or armour on Factions, cosmetics in minigames, etc. If you have any other suggestions, be sure to tell us!

This is still not allowed by the EULA.

You needed to do some more research on the Minecraft EULA, contact me on Steam and I might be able to help you out.

Just been doing some looking into the EULA, and it seems that they have changed it a little since I last checked (They last updated it in January, and we came up with these plans before then).
However:
Having extra plots and stuff is allowed,
Cosmetics are allowed

The EULA for servers and server owners is here. I will make some changes to the original thread (nothing major, just some little tweaks to ensure that it all follows the EULA), and see what we can do about it in the future (maybe new skins for weapons or items), as we do want to be able to offer ZARP VIP benefits.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by TheXnator.
Login or register to post a reply.

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504521

TheXnator wrote:
Codeah wrote:
All of the servers will be running on Minecraft 1.8.9 (due to the coding being a lot easier, and it generally being a much better version than 1.9+)

This isn't true, except from some of the functions being deprecated.
We will incorporate ZARP VIP into the server in a variety of ways. ZARP VIP will give you access to special cosmetic features in the lobby server (and in future, the minigames servers), and will also have some benefits in other servers. We will have some special kits which will be accessible to VIP members only on the Factions server (still obtainable by normal users, but difficult, so as to conform with the EULA). On Freebuild, we could also raise the plots limit for VIP users, or even add the ability to merge owned plots to create a larger plot (these are only ideas which we could add, no promises that they are what we will add just yet).

This is not allowed and will most likely get the server blacklisted.
We will have a custom booster packs system in place for the server in the future (this will not be in place from the very beginning, as it may take a while for us to set up, and will require us to see what gamemodes players enjoy most for us to decide what options to add to the booster packs). The way that this booster pack system will work is that, much like on SSRP, you will be able to buy booster packs from the ZARP forums. These booster packs will then give you a number of "booster pack points" in game. You will be able to use these booster pack points to purchase different upgrades for your favorite gamemodes. In order to follow the Minecraft EULA, the upgrades will still have to be obtainable (in most cases) by players without paying, but will be rather difficult to obtain. These upgrades could include: more plots on Freebuild, money on Factions, weapons or armour on Factions, cosmetics in minigames, etc. If you have any other suggestions, be sure to tell us!

This is still not allowed by the EULA.

You needed to do some more research on the Minecraft EULA, contact me on Steam and I might be able to help you out.

Just been doing some looking into the EULA, and it seems that they have changed it a little since I last checked (They last updated it in January, and we came up with these plans before then).
However:
Having extra plots and stuff is allowed,
Cosmetics are allowed

The EULA for servers and server owners is here. I will make some changes to the original thread (nothing major, just some little tweaks to ensure that it all follows the EULA), and see what we can do about it in the future (maybe new skins for weapons or items), as we do want to be able to offer ZARP VIP benefits.

The EULA has not changed much since 2014...

The only ways the server can benefit VIP players is by giving them cosmetic items, as long as they do not change the game-play, and don't allow VIP players to have an advantage against other players. Or you could give VIP priority access, to join the server when it's full.

About the booster packs, you can only create booster packs that will benefit each player on the server, not just a specific player. For example, you could give everyone on the server diamonds when somebody purchases a Diamond Booster Pack.
  • Codeah
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Oblivion
  • Thanks received: 169
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504526

Codeah wrote:

The only ways the server can benefit VIP players is by giving them cosmetic items, as long as they do not change the game-play, and don't allow VIP players to have an advantage against other players. Or you could give VIP priority access, to join the server when it's full.

About the booster packs, you can only create booster packs that will benefit each player on the server, not just a specific player. For example, you could give everyone on the server diamonds when somebody purchases a Diamond Booster Pack.

They used to specifically say that you were allowed to give people stuff for money if it doesn't give them an unfair advantage and other players can get it.
Thanks for pointing it out though, and giving all players online some stuff is actually a good idea, will probably make that one of the booster pack advantages!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504554

EMP wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Emp stop talking shit the second we switched from my host to urs it become 100 times more laggy
Thats cause you were all A useless and B you didnt know what the fuck you were doing at all. You guys were hands down the worst server owners we've ever had and probaly ever will. Not very suprising as you've always been useless so I guess its really our fault for trusting you guys in the first place. You have 0 rights to talk any shit affter you abandoned your project like I knew you would. Your actauly pathetic and DCX should have never given you another chance affter you got throw out of ZARP the first time(what did you think I forgot this is ultimently an alt haha). So you should honestly leave this thread before you really start to piss me off because as far as im concerned nobody gives two shits what you have to say on the matter.

Damn aspect got shut the fuck down by emp xd
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4057

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504565

TheXnator wrote:
Codeah wrote:

They used to specifically say that you were allowed to give people stuff for money if it doesn't give them an unfair advantage and other players can get it.
Thanks for pointing it out though, and giving all players online some stuff is actually a good idea, will probably make that one of the booster pack advantages!

I mean, you might aswell suggest how we can fix the issues that I've seen coming. I mean you reply to Codeah, but you left my very critical post out of this conversation.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504618

TheAp4ch3 wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Codeah wrote:

I mean, you might aswell suggest how we can fix the issues that I've seen coming. I mean you reply to Codeah, but you left my very critical post out of this conversation.

I am going to be responding to what you said when I have the chance to. Responding to Codeah I could do quickly but what you said I will have to have a properly structured reply.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504621

TheXnator wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Codeah wrote:

I am going to be responding to what you said when I have the chance to. Responding to Codeah I could do quickly but what you said I will have to have a properly structured reply.

You better not miss what apache says, trust me.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheAp4ch3

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504622

TheXenator, if ppls vote no to a Zarp minecraft server, did the server gonna be oppened to other players ?

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504634

TheAp4ch3 wrote:
Who's dedicated enough to be in the staff team?
Is the game(mode) still popular?
Would the server realistically have a good amount of players?
Is there someone that has the dedication to own the server for a long time?
Lastly, I just want to mention that there's not much more to do with minecraft. Just the usual game modes that thousands of servers already have. Why choose our server? No, this will be a massive dissapointment, even if the staff team would be nicely chosen.

(Just going to quote the questions in order to not post a reply that is too long)

Who's dedicated enough to be in the staff team?
You mention that I have just chosen people who I am friends with, and people who would not show enough dedication. For a start, you can't really know the dedication that each of the people currently chosen (yes, everyone that is in the proposed starting Lead Team has played a role in helping up to this point) until you know what they have actually done. If I were to be choosing people just based on who I am friends with, then yes, the server would be a complete flop and a failure. We have, however, chosen people who we think will get along well (incredibly important, based on the results of the past servers), and people who have shown dedication to the project and the community as a whole, and people who know what they are doing. For example, we have people like Johnler, an experienced TTT Head Admin, and a person who is dedicated to everything (he isn't known as "The Dedicated Staff Member" for nothing), people like Mix3rz, Anon and Luan who have shown a strong passion and done an insane amount to help out thus far and all have experience in Lead Team positions (Mix3rz on SSRP, Anon on Surf, and Luan on SSRP and Surf, with experience in owning a ZARP server too - Luan and Mix3rz have also been immensely helpful in keeping everything running smoothly and on track).
In short, every person that we have proposed has already proven to us that they are dedicated enough and fit the position well.

Is the game still popular?
Obviously, over time Minecraft has lost a lot of the people who once played it, but, as you said people would use as a counter argument, it does still have a LOT of players. If we think about it statistically in terms of how many people search, we could compare a game such as CS:GO with it. CS:GO gets a pretty solid 10 - 30 searches per day currently (this is going by google searches), with few fluctuations. Minecraft still manages to get around 100 or so daily searches, with a lot of fluctuation from time to time, going down or up by around 30 - 50, but that is still a lot of people, even if there are a lot of fluctuations. The top Minecraft servers do still get tens of thousands of players at one time, and that is because of a few areas, which I have looked into a bit:
  • Variety of versions - We have a system to people can play on any version they prefer from 1.8+
  • Variety of good gamemodes - We have a few gamemodes we want to start of with, but also a LOT more that we want to release in the future, and I have done some research into the most popular Minecraft gamemodes over time.
  • Uniqueness - We currently have few things that would make the server massively unique and stand out from the others bar the community itself, but I am currently working on something which will ensure that the server is immensely unique. I do not want to make any solid promises yet, as it is not yet finished and I don't want to disappoint, but I will say this much: It is a completely custom coded gamemode which we believe a lot of players will find fun, and one which very few servers have actually got, and those which do have not implemented or made it in a very good way.

Would the server realistically have a good amount of players?
If we're thinking realistically, it would probably only get around 20 - 30 players to start with, but with the right time and effort dedicated to the server by the staff and the people working on it, I think that we could massively increase that number, and with the custom gamemode that I mentioned above, I think we could hook in a lot of players from inside and outside of ZARP. Yes, the old server had very few players and lost its hype pretty quickly, but if we can give people what they want from the server and deliver our promises, I am sure that we can keep building on that hype to keep players in, but obviously we can't know until we try (yes, they tried before, but that was different people with different ways of doing things).

Is there someone that has the dedication to own the server for a long time?
Yes, there is. I can't argue with your own opinions on myself and hazzenator, but what I can say is that hazzenator is definitely trusted to some extent, as a TTT Head Admin, and both of us have already put in a lot of time and effort into creating what we have thus far, and personally, it would be an immense shame if I did have to move away from it, and a stupid idea to just move away from it without a very good reason, as I would never abandon something that I worked hard to achieve so easily. I cannot speak for hazzenator in this regard, but I can say that he is dedicated to the server as well and has devoted a lot of time to it.

Just the usual game modes that thousands of servers already have. Why choose our server?
See above about the new, custom coded gamemode that I am working on and hope to add to the server when it is finished. The rate at which I am managing to get things done for this custom gamemode is very good, and I think that we should be able to have it ready to add before long.

Added this reply to the main post as you raised some very good questions / points that a lot of others would also have.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by TheXnator.

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #504933

~Bump
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #505000

pls bump lol
  • GamerHero
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ExStaff #Resigned
  • Thanks received: 40

Click my Signature below to add me on steam!

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #505412

~Bump
Any more opinions or feedback on the idea?
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #505438

I say if you do it right and get players then its a Support From me
  • Bob The Shoplifter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I abused banana boy the 30 minutes he was user :D
  • Thanks received: 75
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Bob The Shoplifter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #505439

At least add mods to it or something, current minecraft is boring shit lol.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #505940

just be a standalone server called zapr, no need to worry about EMP breaking stuff and it's a standalone server so he has no influence, TheXnator for owner!
  • Sophia
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'll always be the last one standing
  • Thanks received: 775

if a person who plays the piano is called a pianist why isn't a racer called a racist?

Weeaboos, Otakus and Anime are the side effects of nuclear radiaton

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #506009

DeathRazor213 wrote:
just be a standalone server called zapr, no need to worry about EMP breaking stuff and it's a standalone server so he has no influence, TheXnator for owner!

I think it would be called Xarp. Pronounced the same, spelled differently.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #507069

When it's up can you send me the server IP?

Also, even though I stopped playing Minecraft, I 'd be more than happy to contribute and become an admin!
  • Marshall Law
  • Senior Boarder
  • 鉄拳格闘家またペッパービーフシェフ
  • Thanks received: 65
Former SSRP Administrator
2K Subscribers on YouTube

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #507072

Marshall Law wrote:
When it's up can you send me the server IP?

Also, even though I stopped playing Minecraft, I 'd be more than happy to contribute and become an admin!

We need to convince the Community Team first, and we will probably try to present the idea to them fully around the start of May. We may discuss opening the server to a few trusted beta testers though (we have a lot of things we want to test to ensure it all works with a lot of players), so keep an eye out for that!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #507091

This failed horrendously last time, why bother trying again when the playerbase is below 10
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 2 months ago #508304

spodermon wrote:
This failed horrendously last time, why bother trying again when the playerbase is below 10

See my earlier replies for an answer to this.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

126 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
3/127