• ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Login or register to post a reply.

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503795

Hey its Alex wrote:
I really think the minecraft server will flop especially since this is a gmod community and also i dont think you're are really trusted enough to be an owner judging by the way you handle situations for example when you're given critism on teamspeak instead of handling it you move the person out the spacer or leave the spacer you're in and also you are also very biased between people you like and the way you treat and communicate with staff and players in game isn't really owner material. we know you're doing this to get power because thats the kind of person you are

:minussp:

Thank god someone finaly gets it.

Also i'd like to mention that vitx asked me to help him make the server happen. I felt like a jerk saying no but so once it was released i felt like a third wheel not needed anymore which was another reason i left. Chute can confirm vitx asked alone without even waiting for me to attend. Yeah sure i could have stayed and wait for the playerbase to slowly fade out but it was too depressing to watch.

Why did the playerbase fade away? Because this is a gmod community for the 10:th time and the players only played it cause it was new not because they enjoy the game.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hey its Alex

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503834

Aspect wrote:

Also i'd like to mention that vitx asked me to help him make the server happen. I felt like a jerk saying no but so once it was released i felt like a third wheel not needed anymore which was another reason i left. Chute can confirm vitx asked alone without even waiting for me to attend. Yeah sure i could have stayed and wait for the playerbase to slowly fade out but it was too depressing to watch.

Why did the playerbase fade away? Because this is a gmod community for the 10:th time and the players only played it cause it was new not because they enjoy the game.
You felt bad for saying no? But doesn't that mean you knew from the start you were not fit for the job as server owner? You practically just admitted it was all your fault without actually saying so.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503888

Raifster123 wrote:
*cough cough* xD i helped with designing kitpvp spawn and freebuild spawn :P

and lol anon could you not finish?

Yeh i could, would only take like 2 ish more hours and i'd say i would be done lol
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503902

Raeker wrote:
Aspect wrote:

You felt bad for saying no? But doesn't that mean you knew from the start you were not fit for the job as server owner? You practically just admitted it was all your fault without actually saying so.

I'm saying it from my perspective, i had tons of hate comment which made it rly boring to rule ;D
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503995

When we're talking about a potential minecraft server, I always think that there's similar issues like when we're trying to build a ZARP PERP Server.

When you want to create something like this, you have to ask yourself a few questions:
Who's dedicated enough to be in the staff team?
Is the game(mode) still popular?
Would the server realistically have a good amount of players?
Is there someone that has the dedication to own the server for a long time?

With all these questions in mind, I don't think either ZARP PERP or ZARP Minecraft can succeed in any way possible. Why? Well lets see:

Even though there's a number of very dedicated staff-members on our servers that have earned their place, it always feels like when someone new tries to own a server, he picks the staff-team he's friends with. The same happened here, you can see by taking a look that it's very unlikely these people will put a lot of dedication into this. In this sort of "business" (I know that's a bit exaggerated but hear me out) It's not important who you're friends with (partially chemistry is important, but it's not the number 1 priority), it's to see who would be fitting into the certain role, how would they act in certain situations? Are they putting dedication into it? It's not as easy as people think. I mean look at the previous time we had a ZARP Minecraft server, yeah.. that went well didn't it? We actually need someone with good Leadership skills, that can lead a good staff team, or else it's going to end up like last time.

Minecraft has lost it's massive hype more than 2 years ago. And now people will say "Well it still gets played a lot though, so why are you chatting shit?" The answer is quite simple. We had a Minecraft server in 2014, when the hype was still there. Didn't have many players though, I think the highest member count was like 12 people, and that was on the first day. It died out pretty quickly.

As previously mentioned, back in 2014 the player count was already low. So no, there won't be many players, and the "ZARP Minecraft" hype will die fast. Just like it did with CS:GO and the new Rust server that we had.

There might be "someone" but I don't think we can give trust to somebody who's (with all due respect) a mediocre staff-member. There's actually a lot of people I could name that would be happy to create something nice. Sadly those people would never ever get an owners position. And this is where it's not similar with PERP anymore. With PERP I have the feeling that we don't have that "special someone" who's trusted that would put dedication into making the server, not even the current lead team would be willing to put so much time into the fixing of the game mode.

Lastly, I just want to mention that there's not much more to do with minecraft. Just the usual game modes that thousands of servers already have. Why choose our server? No, this will be a massive dissapointment, even if the staff team would be nicely chosen.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #503996

TheAp4ch3 wrote:
When we're talking about a potential minecraft server, I always think that there's similar issues like when we're trying to build a ZARP PERP Server.

When you want to create something like this, you have to ask yourself a few questions:

With all these questions in mind, I don't think either ZARP PERP or ZARP Minecraft can succeed in any way possible. Why? Well lets see:

Even though there's a number of very dedicated staff-members on our servers that have earned their place, it always feels like when someone new tries to own a server, he picks the staff-team he's friends with. The same happened here, you can see by taking a look that it's very unlikely these people will put a lot of dedication into this. In this sort of "business" (I know that's a bit exaggerated but hear me out) It's not important who you're friends with (partially chemistry is important, but it's not the number 1 priority), it's to see who would be fitting into the certain role, how would they act in certain situations? Are they putting dedication into it? It's not as easy as people think. I mean look at the previous time we had a ZARP Minecraft server, yeah.. that went well didn't it? We actually need someone with good Leadership skills, that can lead a good staff team, or else it's going to end up like last time.

Minecraft has lost it's massive hype more than 2 years ago. And now people will say "Well it still gets played a lot though, so why are you chatting shit?" The answer is quite simple. We had a Minecraft server in 2014, when the hype was still there. Didn't have many players though, I think the highest member count was like 12 people, and that was on the first day. It died out pretty quickly.

As previously mentioned, back in 2014 the player count was already low. So no, there won't be many players, and the "ZARP Minecraft" hype will die fast. Just like it did with CS:GO and the new Rust server that we had.

There might be "someone" but I don't think we can give trust to somebody who's (with all due respect) a mediocre staff-member. There's actually a lot of people I could name that would be happy to create something nice. Sadly those people would never ever get an owners position. And this is where it's not similar with PERP anymore. With PERP I have the feeling that we don't have that "special someone" who's trusted that would put dedication into making the server, not even the current lead team would be willing to put so much time into the fixing of the game mode.

Lastly, I just want to mention that there's not much more to do with minecraft. Just the usual game modes that thousands of servers already have. Why choose our server? No, this will be a massive dissapointment, even if the staff team would be nicely chosen.
is there a TL:DR?
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504001

pulowski wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

or maybe actually read what he says and learn something from it ?
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504002

ParaMontana wrote:
pulowski wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

paramontana : our speaker
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1994

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504003

ParaMontana wrote:
pulowski wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

You know what, that's a really big waste of my time.
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504004

pulowski wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
pulowski wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

you know what else is a big waste of time? you coming on the forums to post
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504005

Niko wrote:
pulowski wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
pulowski wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

Nah it entertains me, it might be a waste of your time but come on guys let's not derail this thread I only asked for a TL:DR I didn't expect this from forum staff tut tut
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504009

pulowski wrote:
Niko wrote:
pulowski wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
pulowski wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

Nah it entertains me, it might be a waste of your time but come on guys let's not derail this thread I only asked for a TL:DR I didn't expect this from forum staff tut tut

What you mean not expecting something from a forum staff i told you to read it. as it is quite damn usefull information and speaking the truth based upon facts and past expierence from a well respected member of the community;)
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, TheXnator

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504013

tbh i thought you'd end this drama hole para i thought you were good staff -.-
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504015

ParaMontana wrote:
pulowski wrote:
Niko wrote:
pulowski wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
pulowski wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

What you mean not expecting something from a forum staff i told you to read it. as it is quite damn usefull information and speaking the truth based upon facts and past expierence from a well respected member of the community;)
And now you're getting reported good job kiddo see what you got yourself into? and stop derailing this thread dude
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504017

pulowski wrote:
Niko wrote:
pulowski wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
pulowski wrote:
TheAp4ch3 wrote:

kn00t kn00t, tl:dr is:
Minecraft isn't popular.
The "estimated staff team" doesn't fit into the system.
No one would play on the server.
Owner doesn't show leadership skills.

You're welcome ;)

Also thanks to para.

tbh i thought you'd end this drama hole para i thought you were good staff -.-
^
oh look, the guy that was leading the server last time. We know how well that went. ;> Brave words for someone who didn't get the job done.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by TheAp4ch3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParaMontana, 0yc37xrk6m

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504019

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu apache!
p.s niko is a massive brown noser
ayy
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504026

pulowski wrote:
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu apache!
p.s niko is a massive brown noser
ayy

welcome to the new low, calling me a brown noser :D
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504488

~Bump
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

ZARP MINECRAFT?! 7 years 3 months ago #504490

All of the servers will be running on Minecraft 1.8.9 (due to the coding being a lot easier, and it generally being a much better version than 1.9+)

This isn't true, except from some of the functions being deprecated.
We will incorporate ZARP VIP into the server in a variety of ways. ZARP VIP will give you access to special cosmetic features in the lobby server (and in future, the minigames servers), and will also have some benefits in other servers. We will have some special kits which will be accessible to VIP members only on the Factions server (still obtainable by normal users, but difficult, so as to conform with the EULA). On Freebuild, we could also raise the plots limit for VIP users, or even add the ability to merge owned plots to create a larger plot (these are only ideas which we could add, no promises that they are what we will add just yet).

This is not allowed and will most likely get the server blacklisted.
We will have a custom booster packs system in place for the server in the future (this will not be in place from the very beginning, as it may take a while for us to set up, and will require us to see what gamemodes players enjoy most for us to decide what options to add to the booster packs). The way that this booster pack system will work is that, much like on SSRP, you will be able to buy booster packs from the ZARP forums. These booster packs will then give you a number of "booster pack points" in game. You will be able to use these booster pack points to purchase different upgrades for your favorite gamemodes. In order to follow the Minecraft EULA, the upgrades will still have to be obtainable (in most cases) by players without paying, but will be rather difficult to obtain. These upgrades could include: mpre plots on Freebuild, money on Factions, weapons or armour on Factions, cosmetics in minigames, etc. If you have any other suggestions, be sure to tell us!

This is still not allowed by the EULA.

You needed to do some more research on the Minecraft EULA, contact me on Steam and I might be able to help you out.
  • Codeah
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Oblivion
  • Thanks received: 169
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Codeah.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

168 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
4/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf