Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Addressing the elephant in the TTT room

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412355

Clarky wrote:
The CeeZee wrote:
Clarky wrote:
I just also want to ask, if we were to have a new lead team then who's going to be good candidates for that? Because in my eyes I honestly don't see anyone besides the current lead team, but as the current lead team, WE do want staff who aren't exactly from the SSRP lead team and we would give others a chance, but at this moment right now we couldn't see anyone else but Para. If we just continue with our duties within the TTT server then I'm sure more people will have a opportunity to become part of the lead team. Also, to any of the TTT administrators, if you are actually interested in SA, then please don't hesitate to ask me for any advice as I am willing to help you give a opportunity to become a higher rank in the staff team. It would be great to see our staff team grow more bigger.

Sorry but if you don't see anyone but Para lead team worthy you are either blind or looking in the wrong places.
Yet you have no idea what he did to help the lead team out during his time as staff in the spacers.

Yet he has not disclosed it and neither have you, I don't get why we have to be friends with the Lead Team to get anywhere.

I do not want to be friends with any of the Lead Team, I don't hate them, I'm completely neutral, but they just don't look like they could be my friends, but to "help out" the Lead Team like Para apparently did, that would require me too. Getting promoted should not require me to be friends with someone and always talking to them, it should require me doing my job.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineLiar, Xeronise

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412356

CeeZee can you come on Teamspeak bud, I'd like to speak to you about this.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412359

The issue of people basically underestimating what lead team members are doing exists for so many years now. And even though I don't fully know the situation of things in the TTT-Server, I think I have a good clue about Para and also what his tasks are (well the last part not too much, also I don't know Clarkie so can't tell you anything about him either).

Basically in my opinion, a lead team member is there to mainly listen to those who have suggestions, and then look what is good for the server and what is not so good, basically "behind the scenes". I can confirm that Para is in no way lazy. He cares about this community a lot! SSRP is the server that needs a whole lot of effort behind the scenes, and it's the most popular gamemode of this community, that's why the lead team has to spend a lot of time on SSRP.

Trust me, I coded lua for a while, even though I was an amateur, I can tell you I needed 8-16 hours to make a small update on SSRP happen.

The admins and mods are mainly there to maintain the fairness of the servers, and punish rulebreakers.

EDIT:
Also to cover the last point you made on the new reply, It's hard to find people to trust with such a crucial role these days, better pick people you already know everyone can trust.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by TheAp4ch3.

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412360

Blocked wrote:
It's refreshing to see someone come out with such a controversial topic and be willing to discuss it so maturely, while I do agree with the fact that bias is present, I must disagree with your other points.

As someone who has been lead team on multiple servers in the past, once you hit the super administrator role, your job no longer becomes taking care of rule breakers, it becomes taking care of the staff members and running the server itself, however at the same time, this doesn't mean that you do not come on the server and help out at all, at least that's how I have always seen it myself.

Unfortunately, unless you give out some super duper strong and solid evidence, a lead team member will NOT be demoted, no matter what, even if the stuff against him stack up, it won't matter, you either go all in or you don't go at all, at least that's what I have learnt.

Again, I'm not asking for anyone to be demoted. I'm asking for a new Lead Team, a separate one, one for TTT and one for SSRP, as it';s clear the SSRP do not care for TTT nearly as much as any of the moderators/admins do.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineLiar

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412362

Jordan Johnston wrote:

I don't feel like going on TS, this is a completely open discussion I want none of it private, open to the public for them all to see and hear. Me going on TS would null and void that.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blocked, LineLiar

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412363

I have to agree with CeeZee here, the moderators and admins are doing an amazing job with removing all the rdm and mic spam etc and I think they would deserve to be in the lead team, admins like Uzi, Hazzenator, Ceezee and Johnler are the only active admins I see online and I do think they deserve to be in the lead team, players like Clarky and Paramontana are currently head admin and super admin however they do not play TTT as much as the admins I have mentioned, I am more active then them a lot of the time, while they are great staff I see them spending a lot of their time on SSRP(Darkrp) and I feel that they shouldn't be lead for TTT because they do not play it as much but they do deserve to be lead team for SSRP because its what they play most, I personally would find it better if a new lead team was selected because the current lead team do not play as much I am not picking sides I just feel that CeeZee's opinion here is very valid and some changes should be made
  • Liamkis123
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 85
Ex - TTT Super Admin
Ex - TS3 Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineLiar, CeeZee

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412366

The CeeZee wrote:
Jordan Johnston wrote:

I don't feel like going on TS, this is a completely open discussion I want none of it private, open to the public for them all to see and hear. Me going on TS would null and void that.

Nothing will happen prior to you on Teamspeak buddy, It's just me personally wanting to understand a few more of your concers and try to find a way to help the full TTT server as a whole due to it's recent strive in population, You can bring your staff team with you I just want to know a few more stuff and hear people's voices.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412367

Clarky wrote:
Because in my eyes I honestly don't see anyone besides the current lead team, but as the current lead team,
Straight away, without hesitation, Johnler comes to mind. I swear he probably has more time handling reports than he does playing. He's incredibly dedicated and has never been hostile to anyone from what I've seen. Furthermore, he knows the rules inside and out and is willing to explain what a staff member is doing wrong and help them rectify the issue.
Boom 1.

Next, Hazzenator. Hazz is one of the most charismatic people on the server and is also one of the most active moderators. He's not as report happy as Johnler, but he still understands that he has to handle reports and like Johnler will help anyone having difficulties or struggling.
Voilá, 2.

We've got dedicated, we've got charisma. What else do we need? Resourceful and willing to go the extra mile? Who springs to mind? None other than El Diablo CeeZee himself. From when I first started playing CeeZee was there helping me to progress in the server and providing help and links whenever possible. Furthermore, his paranoia planning gives us his constant recording. This means that we almost always have evidence when he's punished someone wanting to cause an issue.
3. CZ Easy.

There are many more capable and competent members that would fit well as a lead team member. Just being active would show you these people.
  • Crowbait
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Viva la Revolución
  • Thanks received: 12
Please be patient if I don't respond immediately, I'm often distracted by one thing or another but will quickly respond when I get the time.

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412368

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I'm not underestimating anyone, I just know the only person doing any form of patching that has been made public-ally aware is Max.

The current Lead Team, especially those just maintained SA or something, should still be playing on the server, maybe not moderating it as heavily, but you are right, taking suggestions, going in, TALKING to the community, these guys don't do that. They just sit in there spacer and has even Uzi has said he tried to send a problem/ask something to a higher up, asking them on TeamSpeak and Steam, yet no response.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412370

Crow, I'm an Admin : /

Also, Thanks for the feedback, I will take it on
  • hazzenator
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 656

✪ SSRP Balla ✪
✪ Ex Minecraft Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex TTT Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex SSRP Administrator ✪
✪ Ex Forum/ TS Staff ✪

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412371

Lewis_is_java wrote:
We should just put walrus in charge he'd fix everything

Yes Please,

As for the main topic, I agree with you to a certain extent it does feel like its just one group of people who are getting most of the ranks when people do more work with them and Its kinda sad to see how the SA's are chosen personally and not by how much work they put in...
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412375

hazzenator wrote:

I'm not proposing admin to you Hazz, I'm proposing you become one of the new lead TTT Staff if this idea ever goes through.
  • Crowbait
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Viva la Revolución
  • Thanks received: 12
Please be patient if I don't respond immediately, I'm often distracted by one thing or another but will quickly respond when I get the time.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Crowbait. Reason: Missed off quote

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412381

The people listed like Me, Uzi, Hazz, John even crowbait are very very trustworthy and reliable people. Those are the people I know can count on to double up there efforts if an admin is sick and cannot come on. If they were active on the server for more than 20-30 minutes a day and involved themselves with the community, they'd see it.

"Super Administrator role has lots of responsibilities"

I was told the same about Admin, but all it is, is a shiny dark blue badge with a ban command. So I'll wait until someone I trust to give me an honest opinion on how SA is before I believe anyone about how many responsibilities they have.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412382

Crowbait wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

I'm not proposing admin to you Hazz, I'm proposing you become one of the new lead TTT Staff if this idea ever goes through.

Thanks for the support!
  • hazzenator
  • Expert Boarder

✪ SSRP Balla ✪
✪ Ex Forum/ TS Staff ✪

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412383

Me and Uzi will be on soon, if it's just 2 on 1 conversation as in, you with us two.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412384

Not sure about TTT (but Max and Captin seem to be doing great jobs), but on SSRP, I rarely see Tyler online, Para is always AFK and I rarely ever see Clarky too. Whereas Jordan and Anna are doing amazing jobs as lead team members, and they're doing better jobs than some HAs. Yes, I'm going to be screamed at by everyone again, but some HAs just don't seem to be very helpful.

Oh, and when I ask for your help, don't cloak, noclip and set your steam status to offline. I'm not dumb, I know you're ignoring me to sit around or fuck around in the admin area or on a roof. We need dedicated staff members who actively do F1s, help people and make my RP experience better.

Oh, and before anyone says " bbb... but they are doing gud offline sorting out the server and fixin it ", I don't see any changes. There's still bugs ingame, some staff are lazy, and I have no idea why the fuck Tea Leaf is still admin, I haven't seen him in years.
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412385

The CeeZee wrote:

Me and Uzi will be on soon, if it's just 2 on 1 conversation as in, you with us two.

Yeah dude not a problem, Only us and if a few other only TTT staff wants to join they can just poke me.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412388

Basically long story short, Lead Team: A group of friends who Help each other out and Give power to their friends. When someone Tries to do anything against them they will all Go into full defense mode and Protect each other and There is nothing you can do about it as They have power and you dont. So Its best you keep ur mouth shut, If you dont do so Then the lead team will just Silence you. They will also Teamup To get rid of people they dont like, Take Mario's ban For example.
Whenever a small user got banned Some people thought that the user deserves a extended ban For whatever reason, They provided enough proof but what did the lead team say? "We dont punish people for the hell of it" Alright cool, 1 month later Guess what Mario's 2 week ban is increased to a 2 month ban after Evidence of Verbal abuse is provided. Msrevine Didnt even report mario And Mario actually apologised to Msrevine but The lead team saw this as a Wonderful Excuse to Extended Mario's ban. After that mario tried to appeal his ban and guess what? Multiple lead team Members Pulled up and start making up bullshit (Especially paramontana). Its without a doubt that The lead team is Just Terrible atm with People Looking for excuses to ban People they Dislike (You know who Im talking about).
For me or Those who have been here around for quite a while Were not suprised when para got SA as its very obvious with the current state of the lead team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jetzzy, LineLiar, CeeZee

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412397

I will happily admit that I dont play GMod 100% on the TTT server, I do enjoy playing SSRP with my friends in real life. I do always try to play TTT, and play into the night some days to ensure I have done a good job
  • hazzenator
  • Expert Boarder

✪ SSRP Balla ✪
✪ Ex Forum/ TS Staff ✪

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412402

Hello I would like to start by thanking you for voicing your concerns for the TTT Server!

I would like to state that this really isn't and issues as I will explain to you why in
my opinion paramontana got TTT Super Admin. Para got it as we needed and SA and we look
for people who are vocal, voice their opinions and concerns, and someone who is doing a great
job. Para for in my opinion fit these specifications well but this doesnt mean others don't.
I personally still would like to futher expand the lead team and will be looking for any
TTT Admins doing exceptional jobs on the server and meets the criteria previously mentioned.
This does not mean that the rest of the lead team has the same views as me but I can only
speak for myself. I totally understand your point of view but I do not see it the same way
as you.
Again, I'm not asking for anyone to be demoted. I'm asking for a new Lead Team, a separate one, one for TTT and one for SSRP, as it';s clear the SSRP do not care for TTT nearly as much as any of the moderators/admins do.

That will not work as we give everybody the opportunity as long as they put in the work and pull their weight. I myself am from SSRP and I can say I certainly do care about TTT a lot.

If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to message me on steam!
  • _Max
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sup
  • Thanks received: 1002
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by _Max.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheAp4ch3, Clarky, Kodi
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

276 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32