Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Addressing the elephant in the TTT room

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412403

My two cents in the most respectful and non sarcastic way I've ever voiced an opinion here:

The problem with the lead team as it stands is that it's a group of friends. There certainly is bias and I know that most of the lead team will admit to that. The thing is, it sickens me to see that Clarky says that ParaMontana was the only suitable candidate for SA. I don't say that because I'm not a big fan of ParaMontana, I say that because these guys have been here for months working their ass off. You might think ParaMontana is the best option simply because he has been SA before, but that's not how something like that can work. You can't just always choose from the same people because they have experience. If you don't give anyone a chance to become experienced, how would you know that they are a suitable candidate or not? I played for 2 hours just now with uzi, CeeZee and Kitty and they seem more than capable to handle a higher rank. Now, of course I can't give a very educated opinion, but simply calling them incapable to be SA (which is basically what Clarky said) is sickening. These guys have clearly shown to be dedicated to the server, you're in need of more lead team members, why give a person who came in for just a week a chance over the ones who have been trying so hard to get promoted for months? I don't get this entire thought process. It happened with people in the past, hell, Blocked even admits to it now. Why is this way of promoting not gone yet? Why has this not yet been improved? You can't just go give SA to every next SSRP lead team that comes stumbling across the server. Look at what you've had for months, give them a chance, then judge if they were suitable or not.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 163
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by LineLiar.
The topic has been locked.

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412404

Hi CeeZee,

We're very proud of how our voting system operates that is different from other communities and unfortunately we can never accept a situation where a staff member at any level is chosen based on any authoritarian, biased style system.

Our moderators, administrators and even community managers, staff at every level are and will always be chosen based on a democratic system. The people or staff will decide based on a majority vote who will be chosen, it's simply the fairest system there is; if you have another way we would love to hear it.

Sometimes in a democratic system you can lose out to another candidate. You don't always get who you want elected. This is how a democratic system works. We know you care about the server and staff deeply otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread. That's why you should continue working towards the changes you want, including getting the people you want promoted onto the staff team.

Thank you.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5060
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, ParaMontana, Kodi

Addressing the elephant in the TTT room 7 years 6 months ago #412458

Lewis_is_java wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
Give me some time to prove that im worthy as a ttt lead team member ;)
Before you try to push me under the carpet .
thanks in advance
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to prove you're worthy before you get the rank, at least that's how it's supposed to work :whistle:
Para has more then proved himself worthy to be a member of EVERY lead team on ZARP. He has and continues to be one of our most trusted member of staff. He always deals with issues in a timely and extremly proffesional manor, and is always going out of his way to help any player that needs it.

Granted I was not in attendance at the meeting (Real shocker there), but I know enough about how things work here, to know that basied played no part in the promotions. The TTT server is currently at a point where it is going ok, and if it is going to continue to prosper it is going to require a Lead Team with the knowlage and experence to keep pushing it forward. In real life if you and a group of other people are all applying for the same job and one person has already been doing the same type of job a long time. More times then not they are going to hire the guy with more experience, thats just common sense.

Now I'm sure that there are currently admins who would do a fine job as SA, just as I'm sure they will be given their chance. If they keep up the awsome work.

So In summery I truly don't belive this was in any way the result of baised. The Lead Team was small enough as it is and it needed to be bolstered with those who we already know will do an exeptional job. So that it is correctly able to Lead admins, moderators and those who will be promoted in the future!
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: ParaMontana, Kodi
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds

235 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32