Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Regarding the Global Moderator Application results

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109866

Even the best fall down sometimes... And Jacknelli's application was clearly the best... I guess it's just who you know and are friends with rather than who has the best application cause applications literally mean nothing nowadays but that's just how the world works. Keep yo head up buddy we know who really deserved it... or at least put in the effort worthy of the position. (aka more than 5 minutes)

Patrick Star's Application: Gets Accepted

vs.

Jacknelli's Application: Gets Denied

lol I mean come on really? If it's gonna be like that at least do him the decency of telling him not to apply as it clearly meant nothing whether he spent 5 minutes or 5 hours on an his application.

Don't you guys think that's just a little messed up? Just sayin... idk I guess leave a thank you if you agree with me I can't be the only one that thinks this

Edit: @RedPowder not sure how I'm supposed to reply to a locked thread lol all that does is end the discussion on your terms
  • Pantomath
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 7
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Pantomath.
The topic has been locked.

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109867

Ok everybody thinks differently I'm pretty sure it was a very tough decision to make by the lead team and and Jack is my friend don't get me wrong so is Patrick I feel like they made the right choice overall
  • Zooted
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • I simp
  • Thanks received: 150

Ex SSRP Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex TTT Moderator
Ex Forum Staff
Ex Teamspeak Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109868

Do you really think they just base the decision on who has the best application? Im not saying Jack isn't up to the task but maybe they just though Patrick would do a better job.
  • DonkeyKong
  • Junior Boarder
  • Lägg inte till mig
  • Thanks received: 41
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by DonkeyKong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hitch

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109869

Its not only application that counts really. Patrick was in my opinion way more dedicated into community and he still it. He is the one who carries Deathrun and managed DarkRP.

Think about what are you posting, your reputation can get worse one day.
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109870

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Jacknelli should have been chosen over Patrick or is more deserving. The forum staff team made their choice and I respect that. I'm only saying just do him the decency of telling him not to apply so he doesn't waste hours on an application for it to not have any impact on the decision. The only thing I have a problem with is having everyone apply and work on applications when it is basically already decided. It's not like you guys don't talk about this stuff leading up to the meeting. Maybe you should make it like Super-Admin on SSRP and they are elected or something other than the current system because applications are clearly worthless at this point.
  • Pantomath
  • Fresh Boarder

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109871

Pantomath wrote:
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Jacknelli should have been chosen over Patrick or is more deserving. The forum staff team made their choice and I respect that. I'm only saying just do him the decency of telling him not to apply so he doesn't waste hours on an application for it to not have any impact on the decision. The only thing I have a problem with is having everyone apply and work on applications when it is basically already decided. It's not like you guys don't talk about this stuff leading up to the meeting. Maybe you should make it like Super-Admin on SSRP and they are elected or something other than the current system because applications are clearly worthless at this point.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne fucking Gretzky
  • DonkeyKong
  • Junior Boarder
  • Lägg inte till mig
The following user(s) said Thank You: hitch

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109872

DonkeyKong wrote:

Don't get the point of this comment
  • Pantomath
  • Fresh Boarder

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109873

Pantomath wrote:
DonkeyKong wrote:

Don't get the point of this comment
I don't think you even get what your saying. Your whole view is based around, that you don't think he had a shot at Global Mod, when in fact the vote was very very close. We don't just look at applications, if we just looked at applications any minge who can type nicly would be staff. We look at who we feel would be most suited for the position and base it off that.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: GregoryTWIX, Tettra

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109875

EMP wrote:
I don't think you even get what your saying. Your whole view is based around, that you don't think he had a shot at Global Mod, when in fact the vote was very very close. We don't just look at applications, if we just looked at applications any minge who can type nicly would be staff. We look at who we feel would be most suited for the position and base it off that.

I don't know where you all got the idea I said to just base it off the applications. I never said to base it only on applications. I am saying that in this case the application had no impact whether it was 100 words or 1,000 words. You should do an interview process at least instead of an application or make the application simply putting yourself up for candidacy as Global Moderator seeing as the current application process is nonconstructive and doesn't have an impact. They do interviews for jobs in the real world for a reason. They don't let people free to work on applications for hours saying make them look nice and blah blah blah when the only things they are basing it on have nothing to do with the application itself. You can see my point can you not?
  • Pantomath
  • Fresh Boarder

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109876

Pantomath wrote:
EMP wrote:

I don't know where you all got the idea I said to just base it off the applications. I never said to base it only on applications. I am saying that in this case the application had no impact whether it was 100 words or 1,000 words. You should do an interview process at least instead of an application or make the application simply putting yourself up for candidacy as Global Moderator seeing as the current application process is nonconstructive and doesn't have an impact. They do interviews for jobs in the real world for a reason. They don't let people free to work on applications for hours saying make them look nice and blah blah blah when the only things they are basing it on have nothing to do with the application itself. You can see my point can you not?

It is candidates choice how much time is he going to spend on it. If you want you chances to be greater - focus more time. Jacknelli made indeed a great application but it couldnt be compared to some other circumstances.
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109877

Pantomath wrote:
EMP wrote:

You're wrong and you have no idea what you are talking about. How can you sit there and tell me it was a waste of time and that it didn't make a impact on our decision. You wasn't in the meeting and wouldn't know what we take into consideration.
  • Dcxbigdaddy
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 1178
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Dcxbigdaddy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregoryTWIX, EMP, Tettra

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109878

Pantomath wrote:
EMP wrote:

We have our voting system for a reason. If we interviewed everyone that applied for staff, it would take a long time. I understand that this was kinda like "a big deal", but the voting system is fast, easy, and in my opinion, the best option to decide on staff positions.
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregoryTWIX, EMP

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109879

Pantomath wrote:
EMP wrote:

You sound mad bud? I don't get it why wouldn't jack say something?
And Jacknelli's application was clearly the best... I guess it's just who you know and are friends with rather than who has the best application cause applications literally mean nothing nowadays but that's just how the world works.

That right there to me seems like your saying that we should base everything on application and because jack had a really good app we didn't do it at all.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregoryTWIX

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109881

Dcxbigdaddy wrote:
You're wrong and you have no idea what you are talking about. How can you sit there and tell me it was a waste of time and that it didn't make a impact on our decision. You wasn't in the meeting and wouldn't know what we take into consideration.

Look you all can say what you want but just think about it. It wouldn't have made a difference if his application was the same as Patrick's or if it was 5 paragraphs long and if you say it did make a difference and you take that into consideration then that's just sad because that would mean Jack would have an even lesser chance for doing the same exact thing patrick did and that just doesn't make sense to me.

Fennster wrote:
We have our voting system for a reason. If we interviewed everyone that applied for staff, it would take a long time. I understand that this was kinda like "a big deal", but the voting system is fast, easy, and in my opinion, the best option to decide on staff positions.
If you read you would see that I meant this only for global mod applications which there are always very few of... I don't get where you got the idea I was suggesting this for every staff position.
  • Pantomath
  • Fresh Boarder

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109888

Yes jack had a better application but this is not something to argue over..

That fourm heads came to a decision I get the application but Patrick is more committed to the community than jack is but I feel like jack is the one to make this.. ( but it is fine I do understand your concerns)
  • Chase2k
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
SSRP Ex Administrator

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109890

Hehe, add me on Steam Pantomath, I wanna tell you something.

steamcommunity.com/id/TheGamerGuyUK/

Anyway I kinda agree with you Pantomath, but kinda not. I'm gonna love replies.

So I agree that Jacknelli put a crap ton of effort into his application and we can clearly see that he probably wanted it more than any other person. Jacknelli, in my opinion may have gotten lost the vote due to his basketball thing, causing him inactivity, don't quote me on that.

Patrick star, the smexiest star fish thing ever, is also more active on more servers, Global Moderator would make more sense for someone if they had more things to work on. But Jacknelli is only active on TS and SSRP.

Overall Congrats Patrick. And hopefully Jacknelli can apply again and win the next one!
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109900

• Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211
The following user(s) said Thank You: LazyBro

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109908

I got accepted for global moderator a year ago without even having as much as Patrick.
Anyway since there isn't a huge need for global mods and everyone who applied was more than good enough to be a global moderator. I can guess that in the meeting (I wasn't there) that they decided the most practical person to give the rank to would be Patrick since he has ranks on most of the servers, is active and can easily manage the forums when he has to do meetings etc.

Applications are not the only reason people get accepted.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christopher S

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109922

Yes I may have really wanted the position but to be honest I would have chosen Patrick Star over myself. The lead team made their decision and I feel that they made a great decision as Patrick Star is one of my good friends I have known for a long time and is dedicated and hard working as hell. I was the only one who chose to put effort into my application no one made me put the effort in. I do not feel it was wasted at all it just shows that I am dedicated as well and I don't regret spending as much time as I did on the application seeing that I wasn't chosen. I just personally like to always make a good and detailed application and that's my choice. Feeling bitter about not being chosen or trying to argue about it is just a waste of time. The lead team will always make the choice they feel is best for the community and that choice should be respected. It is pointless to try and say they made the wrong choice. They are members of the lead team for good reason being that they are the most dedicated, hard working and caring of the community and they choose people that will best contribute to that. In this case it was clearly Patrick Star as he has put in a great amount of time and effort to get to the position he is today. Sure I have too but being busy with basketball or school isn't something I'm going to try and use as an excuse I just do the best I can with my current situation. So all in all just to clear this all up if I was in that meeting and had a vote it would go to Patrick Star and not myself because I along with the majority of the lead team feel he is the best choice for the position. I even stated in my application he was one of the if not the best choice for the position so to everyone honestly just stop arguing and respect the lead team's decision because it was truly the right decision.

I did not write this to try and suck up to the lead team I wrote this because I am humble and respectful enough to realize that I may not always be the best choice. I have never once challenged something when I did not get accepted because you know what? The people that are voting have the ability to vote for a reason and whatever the outcome is it should be respected. Just move on and continue to try and better yourself and one day if things work out then they do and if not then just have patience and keep on trying and if it is not meant to be then so what some things just aren't. So move on and stop arguing please you are being nothing but ignorant.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dcxbigdaddy, PatrickStar

Regarding the Global Moderator Application results 9 years 2 months ago #109933

KingSwagLord wrote:
I think Jacknelli deserves it way more, just because he actually moves threads to the correct sections where Patrick doesn't. In my opinion you do not deserve a promotion if you're too lazy/not moving threads to the correct section, to yet reply on them later on when they're discussed. You can see below what I am talking about.

It's not just about moving topics there are many different factors. Show some respect to the lead team by respecting their decision as I myself have. The one who was in the running along with Patrick and was not chosen.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

140 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun