Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why SSRP?

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370332

Basing no longer works imo. Why would new players come on to build bases when it all their hard work gets destroyed within a matter of seconds from an m202 or thundergun. Would be nice to have a type of prop which is unbreakable so that people can actually defend bases without suits. Might not work due to prop blocking etc but im sure there are ways around it.
May be a stupid suggestion but thats what i personally would love to see
  • Pie_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lewis Abdul Hajar
  • Thanks received: 656
Teamspeak/Discord Head Administrator
SSRP Head Administrator
Rat Sandwich Enjoyer
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370347

Aspect wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:
Seems like the the thought process to creating an update is, What new weapons that are so OP can we add, instead of what gameplay changes can we make, what themes can we go after,.

Zarp went down hill from the handcannon for me, that was the first way to over powered weapon.

Both angles of the rp need a challenge, basing and raiding, but raiding became to easy due to weapons like the handcannon or people with enough money to not care about losing the weapons.

New jobs/change current jobs as they don't look different from when i first played, add progression through jobs.
add features to the gang system that integrate with normal jobs, progression through a gang gives progression through jobs etc

In my opinion, zarp needs to go backwards a bit to then rebuild up. Less weapons and suits, but more challenges and achievements for basing or raiding, maybe a new form of ingame currency that you can not buy with money

I'd say the gluon caused the biggest issues, everything ever since the gluon came out has been worse. Nothing can compete and whenever a suit comes out the only test that matters is how well it can hold up against a gluon.

Broken when combined with jugg suit. On its own I don't think its op. If Chute just coded a line that disallowed combining gluon + a suit I think it would have been healthy for the gamemode.

You maybe on to something there! Gluon could be crafted suit only and that would be balanced
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370475

This is pointless tbh but only good thing there is to do is an eco reset or a 4th new server which is reset completely with no suits
  • OptiC
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 130

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370523

Wouldn't necessarily say its a complete fix as there is a whole plethora of problems in relation to player flow on the server but if maybe zones could be added onto the server (maybe safezone and warzone) which within the safe zone there is limits on what items etc can be used so there is more varied gameplay. Just a random thought, if this wouldn't work out for whatever reason then feel free to disregard it.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370525

Bring back Evilmelon.
Where our Bases could look like this: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902019750 (good old times with Latram and carl in the background)
  • Jalu
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 345

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370531

Let me make it real obvious for you since everyone somehow still seems to be oblivious as to why SSRP isn't fun anymore.

1) New player joins
2) New player sees he can buy a tonne of fun stuff
3) New player starts base to make money
4) New player gets base eviscerated after 3 minutes by some kid in a hilariously overpowered suit
5) New player leaves and never joins again
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370538

Shark wrote:
Let me make it real obvious for you since everyone somehow still seems to be oblivious as to why SSRP isn't fun anymore.

1) New player joins
4) New player gets base eviscerated after 3 minutes by some kid in a hilariously overpowered suit
They should just like get better or something :blink:
  • Turtlx69
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1541

The following user(s) said Thank You: PZGrens, 1231231231

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370540

Cause Turtlx69 didn't get staff smh :dry: :dry: :dry:
  • TrueOverL
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 887

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370561

Jalu wrote:
Bring back Evilmelon.
Where our Bases could look like this: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902019750 (good old times with Latram and carl in the background)

The server did not care about Evil Melon; it offered nothing that Downtown and Rockford already did. 95% of the time S1 was the dominant one. Rockford at least had a purpose: Allowing people to base.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370565

I think its common knowledge throughout the community at this point in time

> New map = Bad (map itsel is fine, just not for Zarp.)

We need a map that allows players to BASE, even if this means that bases last a longer period of time because their stronger and held by more chokepoints the weapons and raiding tools we have at this point in time make any base an extremely easy raid. Also just remove the fact a suit can switch you places with someone and let u almost insta rip any base :// so dumb (or nerf ofc)

> And the fact the community feedback just always seems to be ignored....

Maybe not so much anymore, But im not sure. in the past its been very well known any feedback we give just typically doesnt make a change. Some of the best changes in the past years is literaly the coinflip system..... Cant think of much more tbh.

> Dababy

Lets goooo

Edit: Just give us like rockford or some other map plz .-.
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder
  • 在智慧宝贝的爱的纪念中:操你
  • Thanks received: 279
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Shae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370578

Turtlx69 wrote:
Shark wrote:

1) New player joins
They should just like get better or something :blink:

u should too
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it
  • Thanks received: 280

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370661

Well you see it's simple people stopped playing due to the fact that there is basically no playerbase conflict (gang wars etc) that's the main reason why most people enjoyed getting on the server and playing even if it was toxic at the end of the day it was fun and it's the only reason why you would want to keep on playing all the server activities rely on 2 or more groups of players going against eachother if there's none of that then no one would wanna get on the last time we really got to enjoy that was last year when covid hit but it started to go down hill due to the cm team was not listening to the community at all giving some outrageous bans that discouraged whole gangs from wanting to play thus ruining the servers competition and slowly killing it and the amount of time it took them to fix any sort of game breaking bugs

safe to say that at the end of the day there's no chance of 2 major groups joining back and going up against eachother so i don't think any sort of update could change that
not to mention that after a while it got stale and boring you can only have fun on a server so much considering the average player spent a couple hundred hours playing zarp it was a fun ride and there's definitely some good memories but sadly it's in the past but atleast we got to have fun.
  • Sp00ns
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 427
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee, Shark, catboy sven ツ, dusheke dabliqius, menameisemil and 3 more...

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370694

The issues that you're seeing on the server, is something that a lot of the old players were warning the owners about. But none of us were listened to. Which to be quite honest was a bit of a turn off. The economy is whack, it has been for a long time. There was countless of methods to deal with this issue, but it was all in vain.

As well as the issue with new players. This was also a subject that have been brought up plenty of times. Ofcourse no new players are gonna start playing the server, when they stand no chance against players who raid them with suits and explosives. And dont get me started on Hyper Suit, which really just destroyed basing completely when it was out.

It makes me quite sad, we had a great community once, but due to stubborness and pettiness, it was thrown out of the window.
There was most definitely plenty of solutions, but oh well. Life goes on.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 570
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark, catboy sven ツ, Aidan New Name Banter, Shae, SwiiFTz and 4 more...

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370697

Jabbee wrote:
The issues that you're seeing on the server, is something that a lot of the old players were warning the owners about. But none of us were listened to. Which to be quite honest was a bit of a turn off. The economy is whack, it has been for a long time. There was countless of methods to deal with this issue, but it was all in vain.

As well as the issue with new players. This was also a subject that have been brought up plenty of times. Ofcourse no new players are gonna start playing the server, when they stand no chance against players who raid them with suits and explosives. And dont get me started on Hyper Suit, which really just destroyed basing completely when it was out.

It makes me quite sad, we had a great community once, but due to stubborness and pettiness, it was thrown out of the window.
There was most definitely plenty of solutions, but oh well. Life goes on.

Life goes on but you'll always be jaboooo in my mind :woohoo: :kiss:
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370743

Completely agree with what Jabbee said. I joined for the first time way back in 2014 & had an absolute blast playing & thus even invited a lot of my friends to come play & most of them became regulars. We loved spending an hour or two building a base that actually required strategic thinking to make the entry as difficult as possible and even if someone did manage to raid you, it wasnt annoying since they had to use the same guns and shit that we had access to so it truly required skill and logical thinking to roleplay on this server.

BUT then all the suits and futuristic shit started to get added which completely fucked up basing of any kind and that left us with the new meta, either scam others or spend days afk mining just to get enough money to be able to afford a suit and just run around fucking up other peoples bases and thus ruining their experience.

Ive been coming on the forums every few months for years now just to see how zarp is doing, silently hoping that maybe something has been done to fix this server and i could once again hop on & enjoy a good game of rp on this server but nope. All i ever see is people trying to make suggestions to better the server & the admins/owners instantly shutting down those suggestions. Ofc stuff like that is going to push people away, the fuck.

& New players wont join because of that either. This server doesnt advertise itself anywhere, low player counts bc of the things mentioned above will never attract new players as they look for servers that actually have a decent amount of people playing and even if someone does join, they will just leave as soon as they see someone in a 1000hp suit with a gamma rifle or whatever raiding their base.

Unless some very big changes are made, zarp will probably be completely dead by next summer. No.1 mistake is not listening to the community and that has been a constant problem on zarp for years.

TL:DR - Reset eco, remove OP things that the community hates, actually listen to the suggestions made by the community over the years & start investing money into promotions in hopes of reviving the server and eventually making more money via donations from a new player base or alternatively just shut it down. All up to the owners if they have the motivation to fix this server or not (most likely not).
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370748

RubyTheSlump wrote:
Completely agree with what Jabbee said. I joined for the first time way back in 2014 & had an absolute blast playing & thus even invited a lot of my friends to come play & most of them became regulars. We loved spending an hour or two building a base that actually required strategic thinking to make the entry as difficult as possible and even if someone did manage to raid you, it wasnt annoying since they had to use the same guns and shit that we had access to so it truly required skill and logical thinking to roleplay on this server.

BUT then all the suits and futuristic shit started to get added which completely fucked up basing of any kind and that left us with the new meta, either scam others or spend days afk mining just to get enough money to be able to afford a suit and just run around fucking up other peoples bases and thus ruining their experience.

Ive been coming on the forums every few months for years now just to see how zarp is doing, silently hoping that maybe something has been done to fix this server and i could once again hop on & enjoy a good game of rp on this server but nope. All i ever see is people trying to make suggestions to better the server & the admins/owners instantly shutting down those suggestions. Ofc stuff like that is going to push people away, the fuck.

& New players wont join because of that either. This server doesnt advertise itself anywhere, low player counts bc of the things mentioned above will never attract new players as they look for servers that actually have a decent amount of people playing and even if someone does join, they will just leave as soon as they see someone in a 1000hp suit with a gamma rifle or whatever raiding their base.

Unless some very big changes are made, zarp will probably be completely dead by next summer. No.1 mistake is not listening to the community and that has been a constant problem on zarp for years.

TL:DR - Reset eco, remove OP things that the community hates, actually listen to the suggestions made by the community over the years & start investing money into promotions in hopes of reviving the server and eventually making more money via donations from a new player base or alternatively just shut it down. All up to the owners if they have the motivation to fix this server or not (most likely not).

The thing is, you don't even need to wipe the full eco to do this. It's easier said than done and has been suggested dozens of times but a server with a wiped eco, no suits, only certain weapons would be good for the server. If everyone starts up on the same level then everyone has a chance at enjoying RP
  • Pie_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lewis Abdul Hajar
  • Thanks received: 656
Teamspeak/Discord Head Administrator
SSRP Head Administrator
Rat Sandwich Enjoyer

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370750

Suits kinda ruined everything. Basically, if you didn't have a suit you had no chance to fight against someone who had one.

I also remember a few years back when the server was still popular how people were waiting for the "summer update". We literally played for 1-2 years without a single update on the server. Obviously people got bored.

Btw how do people have billions of cash nowdays when 4-5 years ago 1bil made you the richest player on the server
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370755

Pie_ wrote:
The thing is, you don't even need to wipe the full eco to do this. It's easier said than done and has been suggested dozens of times but a server with a wiped eco, no suits, only certain weapons would be good for the server. If everyone starts up on the same level then everyone has a chance at enjoying RP
Except the only way they'd agree to that is if they DIDNT wipe the eco, completely ignoring the point
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Markus.

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370756

i have to disagree on this one, sorry friend. If the owners or whoever controls the LUA/Management side of the server decides to remove suits & OP weapons but not reset the eco, the problems will still exist. The owners or admins would probably add some OP weapons to counter the massively inflated economy and thus still end up fucking everything up. Personally the only resolution i see is resetting everything and putting money into promoting the server to influencers or youtubers.

I have been TRYING to support this server for years and so far this is the only fix i have come up with and most of the community has suggested similar things as well, only to get shut down by community owners or full owners.

Also my objective is not to just shit on Zarp. All those years ago i absolutely loved Zarp and i still have hopes for it. I truly want whats best for this server but at the same time im lowkey afraid to express my opinions bc so many ex staff members and very high ranking community members have been perma banned for expressing their dissatisfaction with the servers current state.

I personally dont see anything positive in NOT wiping the eco, since otherwise OP players would stay OP and new/poor players would still have no chance. I mean, GMod is dying anyway with GMod 2 releasing in a few years.. but... still.. There is hope for this server but it will take a lot of effort and listening to the community which sadly has not happened in years.

EDIT: yes im lowkey hating on Zarp but only the state it is in currently. I write these replies in the hopes that it truly will affect the server in a positive way and i could one day join the server once again to enjoy a proper RP experience. I do NOT want to throw hate at the admins nor owners, but these problems have been going on for over 5-7 years and at this point its getting kind of rediculus sadly.
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by RubyTheSlump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markus, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370761

an eco reset isn't going to happen, it cant seriously be that hard of a concept to grasp lol
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11863
The following user(s) said Thank You: Small Bloke In A Box On Wheels, PZGrens
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

233 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun