Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why SSRP?

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370144

Agebt wrote:
Joshua wrote:
We understand that they could base but with all the new starter items they get they can still be raided very easily.
This, I personally never played in ''the good old days'' as a lot of people are bringing up but all these suits and overpowered weapons ruin the server for me and probably 90% of the new players that give Zarp's DarkRP a chance.

Gunfights last for barely 3 seconds as the person I am facing has a gluon gun or any other op weapon with a suit on top of that while I'm just there with a useless PSG. I definitely think the LT needs to seriously consider adding an SSRP server where everyone starts from scratch and gets rid of the extremely overpowered suits or guns. If people prefer the Star-Wars level of fighting then they should have that on the normal servers while anyone looking for the simple and satisfying SSRP experience can find it in the new server.

This is an idea worth testing and we should simply just let the server stats speak for themselves over the time the Simple SSRP-server is up and running.
the way i see it thats what makes zarp zarp, its different, its not the same shitty copy and paste m9k darkrp, if you want a vanilla darkrp experience theres dozens of servers you can go and join, the reason zarp stands out from the crowd is the suits, specials, nukes, and the over the top combat, if i didnt see people in 1000hp gigachad suits with wacky lasers that do 500dps i wouldve probably backed out after a day and went back to any of the other darkrp servers i was already playing, and a lot of others woulda done the same, theres a reason other communities are copying the zarp style and getting hugely popular because of it, people like the uniqueness, what we need is ways for new players to actually enjoy the unique content and be able to obtain it and defend against it, thats where the issue lies, its cool having all the super suits and gluons until you have less than 100k and a shipment of ak's to your name, thats the part that needs fixing
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370145

Spicy wrote:
Where would you mark the starting point at then? such as what update would it pick back up from? the introduction of suits, or no suits at all? I feel like to pull this off it would require a ton of community feedback, which should not be a problem, especially with the implementation of the community council, if they even do anything. The type of server you're describing would work 100% as it would be a almost seemingly new feeling, and an old reminiscent feeling for others. just gotta have them (the cm team) put the effort into it.

Start it back when the only explosives were a Milkor, RPG, M202, and Orbital Strike. With prop protection gang upgrades, that was one of the best times for the server in my opinion. Even just a Juggernaut suit would be fine, but things went out of control when after just the ACS, Nano, and Jugg suit in my opinion.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Morgan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, Anon_Gaming, Markus, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370149

Morgan wrote:
Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

i think aside from map change, just wipe cash, item eco is fine but it sucks for newbies tryna get items when a suit + gluon is like 600m+ and without them you cant defend yourself to make said money, not to mention that when you do get them you'll probably have to replace them pretty soon after, items need to be affordable for newbie budgets or said budgets have to be raised with better money making methods (not 50k for 5 minutes of mind numbing lawnmower simulator for example) bring back 70m juggs and 20m gluons, the money required to buy shit keeps going up but the printers arent being buffed to match so the time required to get your first suit is ever increasing

also a tutorial or a help menu would probably be nice, especially considering the map is now so huge that the chances of running across NPC's and learning that way are lowered by a fair bit, a way for newbies to actually know what to do and how to do it would help a lot

just more shit for newbies, theres enough content for people with money, we dont need more suits that cost multiple billions or weapons that 1 tap the multi billion suits, we need stuff for the people who cant afford those, maybe an achievments system similar to daily tasks where you can earn suits and specials etc, or literally anything, double crafting week once a month or somethin, a new craftable case that contains one of each existing case so you can get those without p2w, im kinda just saying the first ideas that come to my head rn but you get the idea, newbies cant get a footing in the gameplay and thats why its dying

I don't think they'll ever reset the economy tbh. I myself have bought hundreds of boosters of the years and wouldn't even be upset with an economy reset. They don't think it will succeed, but currently SSRP isn't succeeding as is so might as well listen to the people in my opinion.
emphasis on a money reset tho, item eco is fine its just the fact that cash is so inflated that newbies cant keep up with the same old printers designed for when gluons cost 20m, we've reached a point where money is pretty much worthless - resetting cash would keep most people in the same place they already were as item value would still be relative to the cash eco and money would be much easier to make back as you wouldnt need to grind half as much for the same value in todays eco, so it would be a win win situation for most of the community - do a cash wipe and reimburse everyone with items relative to the money lost, and like those cringe nft-bros say, trust the markets, + the low money amount and the mass item amount would further deflate prices past what would be expected of a normal eco wipe so getting items as a new player should become extremely easy, grow some mushrooms for an hour and buy a gluon to defend your bdp's you crafted which are now worth using in the new economy, pair this with some good cash sinks so history wont repeat and player counts should start evening out and stop declining (not that theres much room for further decline...)
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370150

Morgan wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Where would you mark the starting point at then? such as what update would it pick back up from? the introduction of suits, or no suits at all? I feel like to pull this off it would require a ton of community feedback, which should not be a problem, especially with the implementation of the community council, if they even do anything. The type of server you're describing would work 100% as it would be a almost seemingly new feeling, and an old reminiscent feeling for others. just gotta have them (the cm team) put the effort into it.

Start it back when the only explosives were a Milkor, RPG, M202, and Orbital Strike. With prop protection gang upgrades, that was one of the best times for the server in my opinion. Even just a Juggernaut suit would be fine, but things went out of control when after just the ACS, Nano, and Jugg suit in my opinion.
imo 2017 with the hyper gluon/jugg mini2 metas were amazing, the gameplay was so addicting back then and watching all the pvp compilations people made motivated me to grind for suits so i could get in on the fun, its the suits and specials that made zarp better than the other darkrps

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370151

Morgan wrote:
Spicy wrote:

Thats how I picture it. Though I would personally want two suits, and for fairness, have the jugg with terrible mobility and extreme sustainability, and the nano with extreme mobility but terrible sustainability. I would also personally leave the hand cannon out of the image and instead reimplement the gauss to its glory days.
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anon_Gaming, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370152

Spicy wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Spicy wrote:

Thats how I picture it. Though I would personally want two suits, and for fairness, have the jugg with terrible mobility and extreme sustainability, and the nano with extreme mobility but terrible sustainability. I would also personally leave the hand cannon out of the image and instead reimplement the gauss to its glory days.
old gauss is back btw so ig that's one thing they did right
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370153

Clarky wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Spicy wrote:

Not fully, the damage still sucks
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370154

Markus wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Spicy wrote:

Not fully, the damage still sucks
does it still 1 shot props? really all I cared for with it, would be a good buff since the nerf made it do like 1/3 or 1/2 of the prop damage it used to
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Spicy.

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370164

Morgan wrote:
Spicy wrote:

There's deffo a nostalgia bias. In a way you could say Zarp was fun even in early late 2012 to early 2013 when you could kill Zombies as Hitmen and make absolute bank.

Fast forward to 2014 when explosions became a thing, that was also a stage in the game that people enjoyed. No suits, just simple explosions with matador, m202 etc.

Late 2015, 2016 also had an era when some suits had been introduced like EDF, Jugger, Nano alongside Hand cannon. A lot of people said THIS was the golden age.

And even past that, the futuristic age of 2017, 2018 had its perks. I think there was more to be enjoyed. Explosions did bring some good things to the server. It solved the lag issues because positioning became more important than aim. I found this era quite enjoyable because aiming was just a meme considering the server had 16 ticks. Not even 32.

So to a large extent I think it comes down to experience. If most people spent most of their time in 2015, then that's usually the era they enjoyed. With some exceptions of course. One thing I'd say is that the server updates always felt rushed. The summer update in 2016 (when Jugger suit was introduced) was very well thought through but after that I think ChuteUK got comfortable and just reiterated new suits & weapons for the intention of making money, not making a great server.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sron, Clarky, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370253

Seems like the the thought process to creating an update is, What new weapons that are so OP can we add, instead of what gameplay changes can we make, what themes can we go after,.

Zarp went down hill from the handcannon for me, that was the first way to over powered weapon.

Both angles of the rp need a challenge, basing and raiding, but raiding became to easy due to weapons like the handcannon or people with enough money to not care about losing the weapons.

New jobs/change current jobs as they don't look different from when i first played, add progression through jobs.
add features to the gang system that integrate with normal jobs, progression through a gang gives progression through jobs etc

In my opinion, zarp needs to go backwards a bit to then rebuild up. Less weapons and suits, but more challenges and achievements for basing or raiding, maybe a new form of ingame currency that you can not buy with money
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370255

Anon_Gaming wrote:
Seems like the the thought process to creating an update is, What new weapons that are so OP can we add, instead of what gameplay changes can we make, what themes can we go after,.

Zarp went down hill from the handcannon for me, that was the first way to over powered weapon.

Both angles of the rp need a challenge, basing and raiding, but raiding became to easy due to weapons like the handcannon or people with enough money to not care about losing the weapons.

New jobs/change current jobs as they don't look different from when i first played, add progression through jobs.
add features to the gang system that integrate with normal jobs, progression through a gang gives progression through jobs etc

In my opinion, zarp needs to go backwards a bit to then rebuild up. Less weapons and suits, but more challenges and achievements for basing or raiding, maybe a new form of ingame currency that you can not buy with money
You've been living under a rock, there is XP for police now, the hand cannon is not as crazy and OP as there are much more items + prop protection upgrades actually does it job along with placing baseshields which do stack with other players (fun fact - this was actually broken throughout bib vs fa/azgeda/pl, meaning the props should've been stronger than what they were for YEARS). i'd rather have my base fucked by a HC than some one shot weapons because i would at least have a fighting chance then.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, SwiiFTz, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370261

Clarky wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

You've been living under a rock, there is XP for police now, the hand cannon is not as crazy and OP as there are much more items + prop protection upgrades actually does it job along with placing baseshields which do stack with other players (fun fact - this was actually broken throughout bib vs fa/azgeda/pl, meaning the props should've been stronger than what they were for YEARS). i'd rather have my base fucked by a HC than some one shot weapons because i would at least have a fighting chance then.

GOD CLARKY CRY MORE
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1927
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370266

Jawson wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

GOD CLARKY CRY MORE
i have a lot of free time to complain i know
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370269

Anon_Gaming wrote:

Hand cannon deffo ruined the point of making bases when it came out for a while, but it didn't really last for long as the players found workarounds; as you probably know, basing was still a thing long after HC came out.

Hand cannon became less broken as new items came out to defend your base with. Tgun, gluon, jugger suit, base shields, tripwires, tacs all became tools to defend against raiders. HC changed the server significantly and also solved people 5-man stacked bases with 70 props each (I'm talking to you Gems). You can't really say HC ruined anything just because you personally lost interest. Rotating the meta kept the server sane.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370270

Anon_Gaming wrote:

I'd say the gluon caused the biggest issues, everything ever since the gluon came out has been worse. Nothing can compete and whenever a suit comes out the only test that matters is how well it can hold up against a gluon.
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, Anon_Gaming, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370271

EviIstewie wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

I'd say the gluon caused the biggest issues, everything ever since the gluon came out has been worse. Nothing can compete and whenever a suit comes out the only test that matters is how well it can hold up against a gluon.

Broken when combined with jugg suit. On its own I don't think its op. If Chute just coded a line that disallowed combining gluon + a suit I think it would have been healthy for the gamemode.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370272

Aku wrote:
Agebt wrote:
Joshua wrote:
We understand that they could base but with all the new starter items they get they can still be raided very easily.
This, I personally never played in ''the good old days'' as a lot of people are bringing up but all these suits and overpowered weapons ruin the server for me and probably 90% of the new players that give Zarp's DarkRP a chance.

Gunfights last for barely 3 seconds as the person I am facing has a gluon gun or any other op weapon with a suit on top of that while I'm just there with a useless PSG. I definitely think the LT needs to seriously consider adding an SSRP server where everyone starts from scratch and gets rid of the extremely overpowered suits or guns. If people prefer the Star-Wars level of fighting then they should have that on the normal servers while anyone looking for the simple and satisfying SSRP experience can find it in the new server.

This is an idea worth testing and we should simply just let the server stats speak for themselves over the time the Simple SSRP-server is up and running.
the way i see it thats what makes zarp zarp, its different, its not the same shitty copy and paste m9k darkrp, if you want a vanilla darkrp experience theres dozens of servers you can go and join, the reason zarp stands out from the crowd is the suits, specials, nukes, and the over the top combat, if i didnt see people in 1000hp gigachad suits with wacky lasers that do 500dps i wouldve probably backed out after a day and went back to any of the other darkrp servers i was already playing, and a lot of others woulda done the same, theres a reason other communities are copying the zarp style and getting hugely popular because of it, people like the uniqueness, what we need is ways for new players to actually enjoy the unique content and be able to obtain it and defend against it, thats where the issue lies, its cool having all the super suits and gluons until you have less than 100k and a shipment of ak's to your name, thats the part that needs fixing
but you're rich and still dont use shit lol
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it
  • Thanks received: 294

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370284

EviIstewie wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

Agree, but was fun trying to make people lose the gluon and watching them rage.

I just stated it was from the hand cannon I lost interest, that was just my opinion, ended up feeling like each update was to try and top previous weapons and that was it.

I did see the police system which looks decent, hopefully there is interesting ways to gain xp to add a little more(idk what it fully is as haven't properly looked)

I was also stating about improving the other jobs, like gangster or even hitman to add more levels to then and more pregrsssion.

Gangster can utilize the gang system in some way to allow a form of progression in jobs.

Hitman could have multiple levels, higher the hitman level the better pay they get, can even hire specific hitmen as well to add more to the progression. More pregrsssion, higher pay, better hit jobs.

Just some examples what I personally would like to see.
I do miss the old map, the new map is confusing the Shi out of me right now, does look decent though
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370293

Aspect wrote:
Anon_Gaming wrote:

Hand cannon deffo ruined the point of making bases when it came out for a while, but it didn't really last for long as the players found workarounds; as you probably know, basing was still a thing long after HC came out.

Hand cannon became less broken as new items came out to defend your base with. Tgun, gluon, jugger suit, base shields, tripwires, tacs all became tools to defend against raiders. HC changed the server significantly and also solved people 5-man stacked bases with 70 props each (I'm talking to you Gems). You can't really say HC ruined anything just because you personally lost interest. Rotating the meta kept the server sane.

The legendary basing meta on rockford nightclub with everyone placing their metal detectors on the stairs and spamming tguns, so good lol
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, Clarky, Anon_Gaming, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 5 months ago #1370327

bassboosted oven wrote:
Aku wrote:
Agebt wrote:
Joshua wrote:

but you're rich and still dont use shit lol

This argument makes no sense, not everybody plays SSRP to raid and base, the aim is to make money at the end of the day but you can do this in any number of ways.
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 11872
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

243 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun