Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why SSRP?

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370078

Joshua wrote:
We understand that they could base but with all the new starter items they get they can still be raided very easily.
This, I personally never played in ''the good old days'' as a lot of people are bringing up but all these suits and overpowered weapons ruin the server for me and probably 90% of the new players that give Zarp's DarkRP a chance.

Gunfights last for barely 3 seconds as the person I am facing has a gluon gun or any other op weapon with a suit on top of that while I'm just there with a useless PSG. I definitely think the LT needs to seriously consider adding an SSRP server where everyone starts from scratch and gets rid of the extremely overpowered suits or guns. If people prefer the Star-Wars level of fighting then they should have that on the normal servers while anyone looking for the simple and satisfying SSRP experience can find it in the new server.

This is an idea worth testing and we should simply just let the server stats speak for themselves over the time the Simple SSRP-server is up and running.
  • Agebt
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • MAN WHAT?!
  • Thanks received: 994
Propane#4246

Steam
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370081

I would still be playing if,
There was more active players
No more horribly toxic people (they are all gone but were there when i was playing)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370093

bring back evocity innit

i think aside from map change, just wipe cash, item eco is fine but it sucks for newbies tryna get items when a suit + gluon is like 600m+ and without them you cant defend yourself to make said money, not to mention that when you do get them you'll probably have to replace them pretty soon after, items need to be affordable for newbie budgets or said budgets have to be raised with better money making methods (not 50k for 5 minutes of mind numbing lawnmower simulator for example) bring back 70m juggs and 20m gluons, the money required to buy shit keeps going up but the printers arent being buffed to match so the time required to get your first suit is ever increasing

also a tutorial or a help menu would probably be nice, especially considering the map is now so huge that the chances of running across NPC's and learning that way are lowered by a fair bit, a way for newbies to actually know what to do and how to do it would help a lot

just more shit for newbies, theres enough content for people with money, we dont need more suits that cost multiple billions or weapons that 1 tap the multi billion suits, we need stuff for the people who cant afford those, maybe an achievments system similar to daily tasks where you can earn suits and specials etc, or literally anything, double crafting week once a month or somethin, a new craftable case that contains one of each existing case so you can get those without p2w, im kinda just saying the first ideas that come to my head rn but you get the idea, newbies cant get a footing in the gameplay and thats why its dying
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370094

Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

i think aside from map change, just wipe cash, item eco is fine but it sucks for newbies tryna get items when a suit + gluon is like 600m+ and without them you cant defend yourself to make said money, not to mention that when you do get them you'll probably have to replace them pretty soon after, items need to be affordable for newbie budgets or said budgets have to be raised with better money making methods (not 50k for 5 minutes of mind numbing lawnmower simulator for example) bring back 70m juggs and 20m gluons, the money required to buy shit keeps going up but the printers arent being buffed to match so the time required to get your first suit is ever increasing

also a tutorial or a help menu would probably be nice, especially considering the map is now so huge that the chances of running across NPC's and learning that way are lowered by a fair bit, a way for newbies to actually know what to do and how to do it would help a lot

just more shit for newbies, theres enough content for people with money, we dont need more suits that cost multiple billions or weapons that 1 tap the multi billion suits, we need stuff for the people who cant afford those, maybe an achievments system similar to daily tasks where you can earn suits and specials etc, or literally anything, double crafting week once a month or somethin, a new craftable case that contains one of each existing case so you can get those without p2w, im kinda just saying the first ideas that come to my head rn but you get the idea, newbies cant get a footing in the gameplay and thats why its dying

I don't think they'll ever reset the economy tbh. I myself have bought hundreds of boosters of the years and wouldn't even be upset with an economy reset. They don't think it will succeed, but currently SSRP isn't succeeding as is so might as well listen to the people in my opinion.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6528

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sron, SwiiFTz, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370095

There was another post about this a while ago. If you go and read all the replies there, i can tell you almost none of those replies had any impact on the future updates. So i doubt this post will have any chance of “saving” the server. As it feels like the community team barely listens to what the community actually wants
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1735
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by rroobbiinn10xx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, catboy sven ツ, TrueOverL, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370096

Morgan wrote:
Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

I don't think they'll ever reset the economy tbh. I myself have bought hundreds of boosters of the years and wouldn't even be upset with an economy reset. They don't think it will succeed, but currently SSRP isn't succeeding as is so might as well listen to the people in my opinion.
if it's going to bother people so much then just launch another ssrp server with a clean database (also for the love of god just make the gamemode actually fun instead of adding shit like cockbuster3000 omegatron suit whatever the hell is in the server now, its not wanted and retarded)
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
The following user(s) said Thank You: PZGrens, TILTED TURTLE, 123123123123

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370100

too much fancy items.
keep it simple, enjoyed it back then on the small zarp map with the strongest item being a grenade launcher which was really expensive.
  • Nexize
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • I call myself Nexize but you can call me tonight
  • Thanks received: 1215
────────────────────────
My Animelist!
Steam!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan, EiPUS, Jugger, Clarky, Spicy and 2 more...

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370104

Dear Joshua,

I, as a member whose been on this community since 2012 would like to provide my aspect and suggestions to benefit and restore ZARP to it's glorious days; if not more.

I have insperation to create a good presentation but I would only be willing to do so if a meeting with the Community Managers would be set for the discussion with me as a voice for the community. If the request is possible let me know and we'll set a date to the weekend.
  • AfroHat
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Anime or Life?..... Anime.
  • Thanks received: 348
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by AfroHat.

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370105

Clarky wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

if it's going to bother people so much then just launch another ssrp server with a clean database (also for the love of god just make the gamemode actually fun instead of adding shit like cockbuster3000 omegatron suit whatever the hell is in the server now, its not wanted and retarded)
I asked chute not too long ago about when the teased classic server (they teased it in some CM team meeting post long ago) would be released or if plans are in place and his response was, "Its already up, its called FP". Hope that gives you how serious they are approaching an ssrp server with a clean slate and everyone at the same point in the game, being the starting 100k, unless they are now accepting this type of a server as what the comm needs and not brushing it (the fresh server) off as a joke.
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Spicy.

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370106

Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

I asked chute not too long ago about when the teased classic server (they teased it in some CM team meeting post long ago) would be released or if plans are in place and his response was, "Its already up, its called FP". Hope that gives you how serious they are approaching an ssrp server with a clean slate and everyone at the same point in the game, being the starting 100k.
it's not SSRP though, we want what zarp had and kept with originally along with new content that doesn't destroy gameplay
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370108

Clarky wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

I asked chute not too long ago about when the teased classic server (they teased it in some CM team meeting post long ago) would be released or if plans are in place and his response was, "Its already up, its called FP". Hope that gives you how serious they are approaching an ssrp server with a clean slate and everyone at the same point in the game, being the starting 100k.
it's not SSRP though, we want what zarp had and kept with originally along with new content that doesn't destroy gameplay
Where would you mark the starting point at then? such as what update would it pick back up from? the introduction of suits, or no suits at all? I feel like to pull this off it would require a ton of community feedback, which should not be a problem, especially with the implementation of the community council, if they even do anything. The type of server you're describing would work 100% as it would be a almost seemingly new feeling, and an old reminiscent feeling for others. just gotta have them (the cm team) put the effort into it.
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Spicy.

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370109

Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

Where would you mark the starting point at then? such as what update would it pick back up from? the introduction of suits, or no suits at all? I feel like to pull this off it would require a ton of community feedback, which should not be a problem, especially with the implementation of the community council, if they even do anything.
Before evo suit update which came out in December 2017, the gameplay with suits were fun and widely accepted by the community whereas people are so opposed against the newer suits each update a new one gets released with meaningless/overpowered mechanics
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kylie, PZGrens, TILTED TURTLE, 123123123123

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370110

Clarky wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

Where would you mark the starting point at then? such as what update would it pick back up from? the introduction of suits, or no suits at all? I feel like to pull this off it would require a ton of community feedback, which should not be a problem, especially with the implementation of the community council, if they even do anything.
Before evo suit update which came out in December 2017, the gameplay with suits were fun and widely accepted by the community whereas people are so opposed against the newer suits each update a new one gets released with meaningless/overpowered mechanics
yea, id have to agree with you there, the original evo suit, pre nerf, was wildly broken. Things like worrying about if a hyper set their tele into your base or nuke or a nano sitting in a corner or the menacing jugg pushing were prime( I believe these were the only three suits).
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370111

Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spicy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Aku wrote:
bring back evocity innit

yea, id have to agree with you there, the original evo suit, pre nerf, was wildly broken. Things like worrying about if a hyper set their tele into your base or nuke or a nano sitting in a corner or the menacing jugg pushing were prime( I believe these were the only three suits).
I'm not asking for the server code to go back to what it was, that'd introduce so many problems. The balance issues then weren't as bad as it is right now where a new player genuinely cannot defend themselves whatsoever, at least back then you had a regular influx of new players and they managed to settle in despite the balance issues at the time. If we were to revert the server to a state by simply removing anything new added after that time, we can then look into what needs to be balanced then have new content added that people will actually find an interest in than some generic booster pack deal with cases full of useless and broken garbage
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spicy, PZGrens, TILTED TURTLE, 123123123123

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370112

SSRP is a grind gamemode. Without the grinding aspect people will lose their motivation to play. Having a shit ton of money and being able to buy everything you want (multiple times) is just making everyone lose interest. No money sinks will ever bring this back. A hard reset is risky but does bring back the grinding part.
We do have to accept that garrysmod servers will never be as full as they were in 2015-2017. But i really do think that with a reset, or a brand new ssrp server, more people will play.
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1735

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370113

during big updates and events on zarp (e.g halloween and christmas) the server pop goes up alot because people want to check out what good and new in the update. then the server pop kinda dies because people realised the update is kinda shit. what zarp needs is something that makes those players stay, something actually worth playing and grinding for or something fun. few suggestions

- a battlepass with alot of challenges to grind out
- more daily stuff other than free card pack and daily objectives to keep people coming on the next day, e.g a daily wheel spin or scratchcards (www.gmodstore.com/market/view/zero-s-scratchcards-casino-script)
- big events more often like hitman event every 2 days and other events in between
- more levels for police jobs or add a prestige system for pd jobs so you can be like level 10 prestige 10 or adding a skill tree for pd jobs
- add a leveling system for criminal jobs
- adding less stupid suits like the ice king and more important suits that would actually be used e.g a suit that jumpscares or blurs the screens of people nearby

i might make like a suggestion thread for this stuff idk i dont even play
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 455

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370114

too futuristic and no grind, change it back to how it was before suits or right after the first suits came out and ppl would play
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky, PZGrens

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370115

YisYas wrote:
e.g a daily wheel spin
when i say this i mean something like in gta, a physical wheel that you spin each day in the casino
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 455

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370116

YisYas wrote:
YisYas wrote:
e.g a daily wheel spin
when i say this i mean something like in gta, a physical wheel that you spin each day in the casino
Probs to only get a broken computer part? Yeah no thanks, the server never gives out a consistent amount of good rewards and even this won't bring an incentive to log on
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

Why SSRP? 2 years 4 months ago #1370136

- Laggy game
- Hyperinflated economy
- Too much Pay2Win
- Too much op futuristic crap that nobody really enjoys, yet more of it keeps getting added
- People cheating and Chute not permabanning them for good
- Lack of things to work towards
- Too much stupid rp & features and too little gang wars which is what made the gamemode fun
- No variety in the gameplay (Always just set up a base & print, nuke or raid pd/bank/casino). Very linear gameplay.
- No critical mass (We had critical mass once, but when the owners for years ignored what the players had to say, people quit)

Tell me WHY people should play is the real question. The game mode has potential if it's ported to S&Box with a strategic plan (Eg: following a theme that the market enjoys), but as of right now it's not coming back to the way things used to be.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee, Sron, TrueOverL, PZGrens
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

257 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop