Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] ZARP Classic Server

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153302

Sam the Sausage wrote:
TimeForPug wrote:
Couldn't you just roll back it to before Christmas of 2015? As to be fair that is when the server went to shit, with the introduction of hand cannons and prop protection. That is what started the downhill of the server (Followed by suits ofc)

This is the time that using a TGUN, was insanely risky, but worked. I remember Seppe, holding s2 disco with a TGUN, followed by like 20 people behind him with m249 etc. Everyone had mad respect for Seppe around that time for doing so. I know lots of players never knew of Zarp until after that, but the players that played before will agree with me that that was Zarp's Prime.

This needs to revive Zarp, if you fuck this up there is no hope...
You remember those A-TEAM raids with Seppe on beach dist S2? Those were a fucking blast lol

even before that when he held disco with a tgun and everyone thought he had the biggest balls ever. Those were the best times.
  • TimeForPug
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1213
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153309

TimeForPug wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:
TimeForPug wrote:
Couldn't you just roll back it to before Christmas of 2015? As to be fair that is when the server went to shit, with the introduction of hand cannons and prop protection. That is what started the downhill of the server (Followed by suits ofc)

This is the time that using a TGUN, was insanely risky, but worked. I remember Seppe, holding s2 disco with a TGUN, followed by like 20 people behind him with m249 etc. Everyone had mad respect for seppe around that time for doing so. I know lots of players never knew of Zarp until after that, but the players that played before will agree with me that that was Zarp's Prime.

This needs to revive Zarp, if you fuck this up there is no hope...
You remember those A-TEAM raids with Seppe on beach dist S2? Those were a fucking blast lol

even after that when Ezehzz raided disco with a Golden jugg and everyone thought he had the biggest balls ever. Those were the best times.

Yea good old times
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1394
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153334

First of all, thanks to everyone for giving your feedback on this and filling out the template in hopes to help SSRP get back to where it belongs. Secondly, this post will be opinionated so anything I may mention in the template is not what's final but rather what I feel should happen.

What do you think the server should be called? (leave this blank if you like ZARP Classic):
★▶ ZARPGAMING.COM CLASSIC SSRP - [M9K - MINING - CASES] | *EVENT DAY HERE*

What map do you think the server should use? (Paste a Steam workshop link if possible):
rp_rockford_v1b
Why Rockford v1b? Here is why:

This is the map I started on for ZARP back in September 2015 and honestly, I enjoyed it so much. The only few issues that there were some issues like huge leaks in the floor which could easily get you under the map but that can be easily fixed by placing invisible permanent props within the game mode.

Back to why I enjoy the map and why it’s better than the current Rockford, people actually played Rockford v1b until Bloc42 ultimately shat on S2 and the player count on there which decreased extremely quickly because of crash issues and being genuinely a bad map (this did fix itself eventually when Rockford v2 came out and people started to mega base, S2 was even becoming the main server to go to for some), S1 wasn’t negatively affected by this though. Another big reason why I enjoy this map more is because of the buildings it had, they were perfect with the meta ZARP had in around 2016 Summer Update (with or without the new/old buildings, it was still a great experience on this map) when the Jugg suit first came out with not so much armor.

The Parking Lot

This spot was infamous for shooting at bases from and combat in the Disco base which is a lot of people’s favorite area for basing and isn’t as cancerous as the elevator bases and such. I do miss having this around as it was a good area to snipe from and shoot TGuns from a high ground before HC’s and such even existed which caused people to get to unreachable areas for defending bases including myself.

The Bank

This bank is much better than the current one, it’s worked really well during its time even I still have partially a bank dupe saved for it (I didn’t know what area copy was, go away)

Anyways, it was less buggy and annoying because it doesn’t have the awkward vault door which takes 20 years to open and ends up in front of spawn somehow.

The Old Apartments

The reason why these apartments were better was ultimately because the entrance of both buildings are facing the opposite way to the open whereas on Rockford v2 it’s one and the other facing opposite ways which basically killed this area for basing as it was actually used a lot.

The PD

The PD was much smaller and more fun to raid whereas the current PD on Rockford using a TP elevator, which can be easily abused such as placing slams as soon as they TP by the elevator and makes it virtually impossible to raid.

There could be more areas that I have missed out but nevertheless, this map would be good for ZARP Classic.

What item(s) do you think should be banned/blacklisted from the server? (name as many as you like):
  • Gluon Gun - or dramastically nerf it so instead drains HP at a rate instead of instantly killing a huge group of people within a second.
  • Hand Cannon
  • Quad Printer Booster
  • Every single Special Suit excluding the Juggernaut suit which should have 500 or less armor when equipped (if this does happen, make sure that they can’t get 500HP when they equip it when less than 50% HP otherwise it’ll be TOO easy to kill and lose the suit
  • Every Golden item from Black Friday updates
  • Every Special Printer after Festive Printer, GPP should remain the best printer imo
  • Ion cannon
  • M303
  • K398
  • Red Dress & White Tux joke btw
  • Electro Round
  • Nerve Gas - or change how often it drains your HP, remove the annoying screen twitching and instead draw red around the screen implying that you’ve been affected by gas
Now the remaining items should be overhauled and rebalanced since we’re changing the meta of the server a shit ton here, which can be done by myself and other members of the CM team.

Any other information:
Whilst this is an amazing idea and massive props to .uzi for coming up with an idea like this, I have some concerns about it at the same time.

I would rather have it be on a fresh DB than the current one, people have stacks and stacks of specials and money which is going to be very hard to get from a new player’s POV because they are defenseless if so many people have a high amount of special items. Losing my first ever RPG was devastating because I worked so hard to get $1million but it’s really just a big meme of a special weapon at this point. I understand people have invested thousands of hours into the server including myself, but I’m not against this and neither is one of the richest players on the server
<14:19:37> You poked "Jamie" with message: simple question i need you to answer real quick
<14:19:47> You poked "Jamie" with message: would you care if we used a new DB instead
<14:20:24> "Jamie" pokes you: i mean i wouldnt really care i dout id start from scratch
I have yet to see someone UNIRONICALLY object against a server reset on this topic and people would much rather prefer a new DB, and that’s not for the sake of nostalgia but rather so that everyone can have a fresh start together and the server ultimately becomes competitive again which can result into high player counts, more gang-related RP such as gang wars, making the bank raids viable and maybe a lot more benefits out of this. As part of this, keep the inventory+bank spaces and such since those who supported the server do deserve to keep their benefits.
If this doesn’t happen, IMO it really defeats the ‘classic’ purpose and intent of the server and no new players will come on since everyone is already loaded on cash and specials so this is going to really be a short-term solution.

Non-VIP Printers should be 2 each, they don’t make enough for newbies simply put.

No double booster pack deals unless it doesn’t involve a special case, you can make so much in-game money with this and it’s not healthy for the economy whatsoever. It’s a nice gesture but it simply isn’t needed and causes more harm than good.

Overhaul of every single normal weapon and money-making such as making drugs a more viable option to make money as it requires you to do things such as going to Store NPC, DD NPC, etc whereas money printing is just making money without much effort being put into it unless you are obviously in a big base but look at it from a perspective like a hidden base.

ZARP has been going for 6 years since Chuteuk had obtained the community and there is still so much potential you can do with the server with a community who are very passionate about the servers as proven by their suggestions and ideas on this topic and all around the forums, I well and truly do hope a new DB is considered and even the current one could stay on another server for those who would be too upset about losing their current items.

There may be more things I might have missed out here so I'll keep making more posts if I think of anything.

I would like to hear anything you guys have about my opinion and I'm really excited to see how this plays out regardless.
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Clarky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, SorIe, .uzi, BossComic23, TILTED TURTLE and 1 more...

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153335

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Although I would Love for evilmelon to come back if it doesn't happen I completelty support this. A fresh wipe and all these changes are needed if you want newer players to continue playing instead of just coming online once. The only problem that could arise on rockford is if its laggy like the current one which would definitely need a big fix.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153336

Spectrum wrote:

Although I would Love for evilmelon to come back if it doesn't happen I completelty support this. A fresh wipe and all these changes are needed if you want newer players to continue playing instead of just coming online once. The only problem that could arise on rockford is if its laggy like the current one which would definitely need a big fix.
Current Rockford isn't laggy? That's precision loss which is caused by long up-time, you haven't seen the huge motherfuckin bases in 2017 summer and how the server managed to perform so well with high amounts of players and entities is insane for a Garry's Mod server at 32 tick rate on a heavy performed gamemode, truly shows how much optimization has been put in.
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: TILTED TURTLE, 123123123123

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153337

Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

Current Rockford isn't laggy? That's precision loss which is caused by long up-time, you haven't seen the huge motherfuckin bases in 2017 summer and how the server managed to perform so well with high amounts of players and entities is insane for a Garry's Mod server at 32 tick rate on a heavy performed gamemode, truly shows how much optimization has been put in.

must just be my pc cant handle such a large map properly then, sorry. before this happens ill order a 2080ti in advance because a 1060 isnt enough.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin

My Anime List

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153338

Spectrum wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

must just be my pc cant handle such a large map properly then, sorry. before this happens ill order a 2080ti in advance because a 1060 isnt enough.
Gmod is CPU intensive, not GPU
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153342

Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

what kind of cpu should iget then, cause an i5-6600k isnt enough
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin

My Anime List

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153343

Spectrum wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718934470 and make sure you don't have anything shitting on your PC in task manager
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153348

Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718934470 and make sure you don't have anything shitting on your PC in task manager

o ty sir, and i always watch my task manager don't worry.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin

My Anime List

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153351

i might be stupid when will this come out if it does
like before 4 months?
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153456

Dovah wrote:
like before 4 months?

I can't really give a solid answer to this I'm afraid; this idea heavily depends on Chute's/DEAD's availability as well as ours, not only that, but we may need to constantly look over our idea and really nail this server from the get-go.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440
The following user(s) said Thank You: maybedovahkitty

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153457

.uzi wrote:
Dovah wrote:
like before 4 months?

I can't really give a solid answer to this I'm afraid; this idea heavily depends on Chute's/DEAD's availability as well as ours, not only that, but we may need to constantly look over our idea and really nail this server from the get-go.
And EMP, do not forget EMP!
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153460

.uzi wrote:
Dovah wrote:
like before 4 months?

Is there any chance that there will be a sever-wipe just on the classic server if this doesn't go to plan and people don't enjoy it?
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153464

Okay coming from someone who wasn't a huge advocate for a legacy server as i could have seen the multiple downsides to it, this will be a great idea, but only with the wiped database, otherwise there is simply no point.
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153475

give old fp players the master sword and grim and itll be successful
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jochs, Crocodile, Sally

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153508

Narexa wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Dovah wrote:
like before 4 months?

Is there any chance that there will be a sever-wipe just on the classic server if this doesn't go to plan and people don't enjoy it?

Well both Clarky and I are open to the idea. We obviously don't speak for the entire CM team, so I'm not sure.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153511

.uzi wrote:
Narexa wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Dovah wrote:
like before 4 months?

Well both Clarky and I are open to the idea. We obviously don't speak for the entire CM team, so I'm not sure.

I'm open to the idea of having the classic server on a separate database, but obviously that mostly comes down to what Chute thinks about it.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi, Killa Kappa

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153520

TheXnator wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Narexa wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Dovah wrote:
like before 4 months?

I'm open to the idea of having the classic server on a separate database, but obviously that mostly comes down to what Chute thinks about it.
Or we get a community council :whistle: :whistle:
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1153525

Alright, I think if we want to create a "classic" server that we should shoot for something different than simply removing items from the server and leaving it at that.

I have this brainstorm whirling around in my head: we create new and interesting ways to obtain special items on the server. Instead of our current method of obtaining suits on the original SSRP servers, which frankly I don't believe a lot of people enjoy.

My idea would be that we create various suits (and allow some of the existing ones) to be obtained through special means. One suit could be craftable, another could be obtained through purchase from an NPC, and perhaps you could also get one through a low-percentage drop from some form of quest or action (nuking or something similar, for instance) - all with varying levels of difficulty.

The concepts of obtaining these various suits could be applied to a lot of special items, too. I think if we create a server where anyone could, in theory, obtain all the suits, it could become an extremely fun experience for everyone. Especially if we make these items acquirable with various levels of difficulty, so the people who want to obtain a basic suit can do that while others may choose to go on a grind to acquire one of the more high-end and "rare" suits or items.

I'll sum up why I think this is something you should consider implementing into the server:

• Enables new players to obtain any and all suits through exactly the same means as seasoned players, levelling the field for all players.

• With new means of grinding to get items, players would begin to have more fun on the server.

• Allows the server itself to control most of the economy surrounding special items.

• Does anyone remember crafting an M202 in 2014-2015 and being so psyched about it? Imagine that with suits, amazing.

I'm sorry if this thread is poorly constructed, but as always I hope you get the essence of what I'm going for here. If you want to discuss the technicalities or specifics of my suggestion feel free to contact me. I would be happy to discuss the actual means of obtaining the items, or what the statistics of the new items and suits would look like, seeing as those things, in particular, are quite vaguely specified in the thread.

I'll probably be missing some things in this post, too, so feel free to ask questions about my concept. Preferably through DMs so we can have a full-on discussion about it and not clutter the thread too much.

On a side-note: no over-powered printers, reduce the number of items dealing explosive damage to props, and balance the amount of damage they do on props to ensure basing becomes more prevalent seeing as this is most likely the main issue as to why new players are scared to base today.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend