Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] ZARP Classic Server

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153533

Also can we bring back the old weapons, fuck these new "balances". I dont enjoy emptying a mag of PSG into someones chest, seeing blood all over the room, and them taking 20 damage.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153536

Rick Johnson wrote:
  • Does anyone remember crafting an M202 in 2014-2015 and being so psyched about it? Imagine that with suits, amazing.
  • That was because it was hella hard to get money to buy/craft one of them.

Suits of any kind give a really big advantage to whoever is wearing one and therefore shouldnt be put on the "classic" server

If you make a classic server and decide to put suits on it then whats the point of the server? Its literally like the normal one. People want the suits removed because the difference of a guy with a psg and a guy with a jugg and psg is extremely big.

I want to raids and defences to be about skill again not about whoever has a suit or not.
    • RFlex
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • whats up
    • Thanks received: 997
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Spectrum, OxyFoxy

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153555

RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
  • Does anyone remember crafting an M202 in 2014-2015 and being so psyched about it? Imagine that with suits, amazing.

Suits of any kind give a really big advantage to whoever is wearing one and therefore shouldnt be put on the "classic" server

If you make a classic server and decide to put suits on it then whats the point of the server? Its literally like the normal one. People want the suits removed because the difference of a guy with a psg and a guy with a jugg and psg is extremely big.

I want to raids and defences to be about skill again not about whoever has a suit or not.

It's up to the community to decide whether or not they want suits on the server. My suggestion isn't exclusive to suits, though, and could be applied to any special item, so your reply is somewhat pointless in that regard.

I'm assessing a larger issue on the server at the moment, which is: new players find it extremely difficult to catch up with the older & seasoned players. I don't think the mere existence of suits is what was the downfall of the original servers, it has more to do with the fact that there is legitimately no feasible way for new players to gain the competitive edge the wealthy and experienced players have over them.

Items like M202 and Milkor could also be considered overpowered and reduce the level of skill needed to raid a base, yet they made combat more fun on the server. The same could go for suits as long as there are multiple ways of obtaining them that doesn't include getting lucky while opening a case or paying money to obtain them through boosters.

Also, PSGs can already defeat Juggernaut Suits (pre debuff, at least) if you're genuinely skilled. Assuming some changes to the suits are made to make them less overpowered, your proposition would become less and less of an issue, and overall would render suits to be on the same level as, for instance, M202s were in 2015.

I believe I included in my idea that we could have lesser versions of different suits as well, meaning that as a new player you could easily obtain a suit that, while it may not be as good as a Juggernaut suit, gives you enough edge to have virtually levelled grounds in combat.

Overall, I agree that skill should be more largely involved in the outcome of a raid or defence, although I'd like to see an attempt to balance the suits as well as creating ways for people to obtain them through normal means before we go straight towards the option of removing them entirely.

I think we should remove a lot of the items that are generally over-powered in the context of raiding/defending a base, such as gluons, tguns, electric rounds, etc. However, I'm opposed to the idea of having a server that serves to be exactly like the 500 others on the server list (by which I mean, basic weapons only).

Anyhow, I'll be going to sleep now. I'll come back to you tomorrow if you have anything else to add onto your initial response.
    • Rick Townsend
    • Expert Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
    • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
    Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
    Ex. Discord Administrator
    Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
    Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153559

Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Suits are what made people leave, they got tired that someone who paid 5 euros for a booster can suddenly beat the best player in the game in a 1v1 because he has a suit. Its mind blowing how much of an advantage suits give you , you say that milkors and m202s could also be classified as op because it gives you an advantage but the advantage it gives you also has counterplay , you can use an m202 but if i come out and 1 tap you , you are out. With a suit you just equip it and you suddenly gain 10x on your health and armor stats which means instead of 1 shot you need to take 10. Thats without mentioning the abilities and speed you gain.

So no the advantage is not comparable.
    • RFlex
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • whats up
    Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by RFlex.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153571

Try to get backup from 2016 or something like that...
    ONLY JUGGERNAUT SUIT, keep it GENCORP!
    Standard raiding guns: RPG, Matador, m202, milkor, orbital.
    Put the server 1 map from 2016
    Keep the same staff from SSRP and VIPS
    And of course starting money 10-20k, without being able to buy more with RL money.
    :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
    • CroatianGamer
    • Junior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • If you are good at something, never do it for free
    • Thanks received: 25

Register Date: 14 Aug 2014

Ex TTT Admin
    Ex SSRP Admin
    Ex Minecraft Moderator
    Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by CroatianGamer.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153574

why remove my comment

bloc42
    pre-explosive update.
    CSS Weapons.

We're talking classic.
    • BigNoobUsername
    • User is blocked
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 274

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153577

lets get mad cows weapons in this bitch
    • Xeronise
    • Gold Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • sadboys best gang ♿♿
    • Thanks received: 1539

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153579

SabreTooth wrote:
    why remove my comment

bloc42
    pre-explosive update.
    CSS Weapons.

We're talking classic.
    why does it matter to you anyway?
    • Markus
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 1637
    Former:
    SSRP Superadmin
    Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
    Prophunt Moderator
    BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Spicy

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153580

SabreTooth wrote:
    why remove my comment

bloc42
    pre-explosive update.
    CSS Weapons.

We're talking classic.

Wow nostalgia is dangerous!
    • narexa
    • Divine Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
    • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
    • Thanks received: 4845
    Yes I'm female
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Spicy

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153612

I mean I never really played back then only started in like 2k17 so I don't know much about the old state of the server without many suits but people said it was mad fun so id like to see what It would be like without suits and shit
    • Jonsey
    • Expert Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Kissing Girls is GEI
    • Thanks received: 93

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153615

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
    Also can we bring back the old weapons, fuck these new "balances". I dont enjoy emptying a mag of PSG into someones chest, seeing blood all over the room, and them taking 20 damage.
    Yeah man, and bring back the bhopper friendly 16 tick!
    • Micky
    • Mythical Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 7912
    The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, bunnyslippers69

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153618

Micky wrote:
    Markus Chellwigg wrote:
    who let the black man out
    • Jonsey
    • Expert Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Kissing Girls is GEI
    • Thanks received: 93

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153629

Jonsey wrote:
    Micky wrote:
    Markus Chellwigg wrote:

Excuse me?
    • User1502
    • User is blocked
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 821

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153671

Micky wrote:
    Markus Chellwigg wrote:

Micky knowss!!
    • bunnyslippers69
    • Diamond Boarder
    • Thanks received: 1186
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153674

Jonsey wrote:
    Micky wrote:
    Markus Chellwigg wrote:

Too far man what the frick
    • narexa
    • Divine Boarder
    • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
    • Thanks received: 4845
    Yes I'm female
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153717

Sally wrote:
    .uzi wrote:
    Dovah wrote:
    i might be stupid when will this come out if it does
    like before 4 months?

I can't really give a solid answer to this I'm afraid; this idea heavily depends on Chute's/DEAD's availability as well as ours, not only that, but we may need to constantly look over our idea and really nail this server from the get-go.
    And EMP, do not forget EMP!
    Em who.)?
    • maybedovahkitty
    • User is blocked
    • ZARP VIP
    • Бог мертв
    • Thanks received: 1226
    Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153750

RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:

Suits are what made people leave, they got tired that someone who paid 5 euros for a booster can suddenly beat the best player in the game in a 1v1 because he has a suit. Its mind blowing how much of an advantage suits give you , you say that milkors and m202s could also be classified as op because it gives you an advantage but the advantage it gives you also has counterplay , you can use an m202 but if i come out and 1 tap you , you are out. With a suit you just equip it and you suddenly gain 10x on your health and armor stats which means instead of 1 shot you need to take 10. Thats without mentioning the abilities and speed you gain.

I don't think I'll continue the discussion on whether or not suits should be on the servers. After all, that's essentially what this entire thread is here to decide. I do, however, think there should be some optimization to how you obtain the items as that IS the reason people stopped playing on the server.

I've been staff on the SSRP servers for roughly a year, and a member for more than 4, and I can't say I've seen the servers dip to our current player count for the duration that it has now. People actually enjoy playing with suits, that's evident, and the main issue is that some people aren't able to get the suits in question, driving them away from the servers.

You even bring up yourself that someone with five bucks could essentially demolish anyone regardless of skill simply because they have an overpowered item. If we remove the paywall and improve the ways of obtaining the items it will be an even playing field because anyone can obtain virtually any item they want, thus allowing you to have the resources to counter a raid using a suit and vice-versa.

Also, M202 vs. PSG would not be fair. Blowing up the walls of someone's base and subsequently killing all the players inside the base can easily be done and would completely void any sense of fairness if it weren't for the fact that everyone could obtain items like the M202 or Milkor.

Anyhow, as I said we'll discontinue this discussion. Clearly, there are different opinions to be had on the subject of suits, but if you looked at my suggestion you would know that it isn't about suits, and rather about making sure that no weapons/suits are off-limit as it creates an unfair playing field.
    • Rick Townsend
    • Expert Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
    • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
    Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
    Ex. Discord Administrator
    Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
    Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153754

RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:

Suits actually made the server a hell of a lot more fun, it went out of control when more and more of them kept coming out and were becoming way too OP with some of the abilities they had, mummy suit, evo with perma esp, etc. ZARP was the top 10 servers in gmod with suits in the game for quite a while so no, that is not why people ultimately left the server
    • Clarky
    • Former Community Manager
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • I love Henny
    • Thanks received: 9536
    The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, TheXnator, Rick Townsend

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153788

Bring back the golden mummy suit
    • A Good Pianist
    • Spectacular Boarder
    • A Wob A Bob Bob
    • Thanks received: 3914

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153789

Clarky wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:

Suits actually made the server a hell of a lot more fun, it went out of control when more and more of them kept coming out and were becoming way too OP with some of the abilities they had, mummy suit, evo with perma esp, etc. ZARP was the top 10 servers in gmod with suits in the game for quite a while so no, that is not why people ultimately left the server

Well from what i have read on this thread 70% of the people making a suggestion on what to blacklist have listed suits to be removed from the server.

Jugg / ACS / Nano were fun at first because they were new content and the first iteration of the Jugg wasnt even that OP , now suits are just annoying.
    • RFlex
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • whats up
    Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
    Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

141 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
    8/127
    Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun