Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] ZARP Classic Server

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153790

As much as I don't personally like suits, I know that alot of the server did and it gave more of an incentive to play so I think removing suits wouldn't be the way to go at all, but suits like the Evo, Mummy, Golden Jugg and Visor are a bit aids, but I do agree with the boosterpack situation, something needs to be done with how easily players can get items with no effort at all.

- Quoting didn't work :(
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by narexa.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153801

RFlex wrote:
Clarky wrote:
RFlex wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
RFlex wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
  • Does anyone remember crafting an M202 in 2014-2015 and being so psyched about it? Imagine that with suits, amazing.
  • That was because it was hella hard to get money to buy/craft one of them.

Suits of any kind give a really big advantage to whoever is wearing one and therefore shouldnt be put on the "classic" server

If you make a classic server and decide to put suits on it then whats the point of the server? Its literally like the normal one. People want the suits removed because the difference of a guy with a psg and a guy with a jugg and psg is extremely big.

I want to raids and defences to be about skill again not about whoever has a suit or not.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Suits are what made people leave, they got tired that someone who paid 5 euros for a booster can suddenly beat the best player in the game in a 1v1 because he has a suit. Its mind blowing how much of an advantage suits give you , you say that milkors and m202s could also be classified as op because it gives you an advantage but the advantage it gives you also has counterplay , you can use an m202 but if i come out and 1 tap you , you are out. With a suit you just equip it and you suddenly gain 10x on your health and armor stats which means instead of 1 shot you need to take 10. Thats without mentioning the abilities and speed you gain.

So no the advantage is not comparable.

Suits actually made the server a hell of a lot more fun, it went out of control when more and more of them kept coming out and were becoming way too OP with some of the abilities they had, mummy suit, evo with perma esp, etc. ZARP was the top 10 servers in gmod with suits in the game for quite a while so no, that is not why people ultimately left the server

Well from what i have read on this thread 70% of the people making a suggestion on what to blacklist have listed suits to be removed from the server.

Jugg / ACS / Nano were fun at first because they were new content and the first iteration of the Jugg wasnt even that OP , now suits are just annoying.
    A lot of people only want suits removed for the nostalgic purpose when there are ways of fixing the suits
    • Clarky
    • Former Community Manager
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • I love Henny
    • Thanks received: 9536

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153808

RFlex wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
  • Does anyone remember crafting an M202 in 2014-2015 and being so psyched about it? Imagine that with suits, amazing.

Suits of any kind give a really big advantage to whoever is wearing one and therefore shouldnt be put on the "classic" server

If you make a classic server and decide to put suits on it then whats the point of the server? Its literally like the normal one. People want the suits removed because the difference of a guy with a psg and a guy with a jugg and psg is extremely big.

I want to raids and defences to be about skill again not about whoever has a suit or not.

Suits are what made people leave, they got tired that someone who paid 5 euros for a booster can suddenly beat the best player in the game in a 1v1 because he has a suit. Its mind blowing how much of an advantage suits give you , you say that milkors and m202s could also be classified as op because it gives you an advantage but the advantage it gives you also has counterplay , you can use an m202 but if i come out and 1 tap you , you are out. With a suit you just equip it and you suddenly gain 10x on your health and armor stats which means instead of 1 shot you need to take 10. Thats without mentioning the abilities and speed you gain.

Suits actually made the server a hell of a lot more fun, it went out of control when more and more of them kept coming out and were becoming way too OP with some of the abilities they had, mummy suit, evo with perma esp, etc. ZARP was the top 10 servers in gmod with suits in the game for quite a while so no, that is not why people ultimately left the server

Well from what i have read on this thread 70% of the people making a suggestion on what to blacklist have listed suits to be removed from the server.

Jugg / ACS / Nano were fun at first because they were new content and the first iteration of the Jugg wasnt even that OP , now suits are just annoying.

Well, that's subjective and from what I have gathered through playing on the server and talking to people on TS, a lot of people enjoy using the suits (I'm sure more people would agree if they have engaged in suit-on-suit combat). They aren't annoying if you have one yourself, and as soon as we implement methods to obtain them a lot easier I don't see why people would have a reason to complain about a fun addition to the game.

Additionally, we could consider - and probably will be - debuffing the suits[1] to some extent and perhaps extend their usage, giving them multiple usages before getting destroyed[2].

Oh, and I'm not saying we should keep ALL the suits. I think it's evident that the Mummy, EVO, and Golden Suits wouldn't work well in the context of a "classic" ZARP server.

[1] Make sure they can still somewhat viably be defeated while retaining some form of advantage, so the point of the suits aren't voided. This, coupled with the multiple "lives" or usages of the suits would still make them worth obtaining while retaining a level of fairness in combat.

[2] Would remove a recurring issue where people who aren't wealthy are afraid of using their suits and special items. Perhaps a bit stupid from the perspective of some people, but I see this a lot.
    • Rick Townsend
    • Expert Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
    • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
    Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
    Ex. Discord Administrator
    Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
    Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153812

Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:

Well, that's subjective and from what I have gathered through playing on the server and talking to people on TS, a lot of people enjoy using the suits (I'm sure more people would agree if they have engaged in suit-on-suit combat). They aren't annoying if you have one yourself, and as soon as we implement methods to obtain them a lot easier I don't see why people would have a reason to complain about a fun addition to the game.

Of course they enjoy it that's why they are still playing on this server. Everyone else who didnt enjoy them has already left.
    • RFlex
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • whats up
    • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153813

RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:
    RFlex wrote:
    Rick Johnson wrote:

Of course they enjoy it that's why they are still playing on this server. Everyone else who didnt enjoy them has already left.
    tbh hyper best suit
    • maybedovahkitty
    • User is blocked
    • ZARP VIP
    • Бог мертв
    • Thanks received: 1226
    Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153819

A lot of us liked the idea of special weapons and suits at first it added a unique aspect to the server that no other server had at the time, but what we did not like was that these items were added with no consideration to the long term effects and the weapons and suits that were added were stupidly overpowered. Basing was just became impossible and with them not adding prop protection 4 - 5 props stood no chance against any of these weapons.

Now we are at a point where these weapons are still in the game but are only owned by a small majority of the server and even the old 6 part born in blood base dupes get almost instantly deleted. New players might as well not even join as when they do they are raided by someone in a golden jug and gloun. spamming EZ in chat.

What needs to happen is suits and specials need to be balanced correctly alongside adding prop protection so bases don't get instantly deleted. and these weapons need to be available to the majority of players so new players actually stand a chance, reverting zarp back to 2014 as much as I liked it is not the way to fix it. we want a game that is challenging and has progression not who has a better remover tool or who has the most hp.
    • luke_
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • -0121-
    • Thanks received: 1139
    "R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
    First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by luke_.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeronise, Gimp, OxyFoxy

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153966

Thank you for all the responses so far, I’m glad so many of you voiced your opinion even if the current proposal is not exactly what you’re looking for. This is exactly what I was hoping for; the community coming together to discuss something that is largely driven by them.

I’m going to review the replies to this topic over the weekend and initiate a discussion in the CM team meeting about common trends in your replies.

Feel free to continue discussing and getting others involved, I will post an update once I have one.

Cheers!
    • .uzi
    • Foos yer doos?
    • Thanks received: 2441
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa, Mr. Richard

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1153987

Dovah wrote:
    i might be stupid when will this come out if it does
    like before 4 months?
    Shouldn't really take that long, I mean it's only removing content right? How long could that take? :whistle: :whistle:
    • Denis
    • Diamond Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 1368

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154158

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
    SabreTooth wrote:
    why remove my comment

bloc42
    pre-explosive update.
    CSS Weapons.

We're talking classic.
    why does it matter to you anyway?

Oldschool darkrp was better because there was more RP. Server lacks RP even with a lot of players online now. It went from a roleplay server into a completely different game mode in itself.
    • BigNoobUsername
    • User is blocked
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 274
    The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154166

SabreTooth wrote:
    Markus Chellwigg wrote:
    SabreTooth wrote:
    why remove my comment

bloc42
    pre-explosive update.
    CSS Weapons.

We're talking classic.
    why does it matter to you anyway?

Oldschool darkrp was better because there was more RP. Server lacks RP even with a lot of players online now. It went from a roleplay server into a completely different game mode in itself.
    I wonder why you stopped having fun in the first place :blink:
    • Markus
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 1637
    Former:
    SSRP Superadmin
    Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
    Prophunt Moderator
    BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154208

.uzi wrote:
    Black Man wrote:
    Question:
    Do boosters carry over?
    And will there be updates with wheels and cases?

VIP / Booster purchases will carry over to this server.

As for updates: not sure, we might have a different approach in terms of seasonal updates, but that’s Chute’s call really.

Why boosters? I know they bought them, but then you will have a lot of rich people in 1 week, they can still use them on other servers...But that's my opinion. And well we saw what happens when you have a lot rich people...
    • CroatianGamer
    • Junior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • If you are good at something, never do it for free
    • Thanks received: 25

Register Date: 14 Aug 2014

Ex TTT Admin
    Ex SSRP Admin
    Ex Minecraft Moderator

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154216

CroatianGamer wrote:
    .uzi wrote:
    Black Man wrote:
    Question:
    Do boosters carry over?

As for updates: not sure, we might have a different approach in terms of seasonal updates, but that’s Chute’s call really.

Why boosters? I know they bought them, but then you will have a lot of rich people in 1 week, they can still use them on other servers...But that's my opinion. And well we saw what happens when you have a lot rich people...
    So people shouldn't get what they paid for, that's just wrong lol
    • Clarky
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • I love Henny
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeans

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154217

Clarky wrote:
    CroatianGamer wrote:
    .uzi wrote:
    Black Man wrote:
    Question:
    Do boosters carry over?

ayyy, they can use them on server 1,2,3, make zarp classic server for itself not "4"
    • CroatianGamer
    • Junior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Admin
    Ex SSRP Admin
    Ex Minecraft Moderator
    The following user(s) said Thank You: BigNoobUsername

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154221

CroatianGamer wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    CroatianGamer wrote:
    .uzi wrote:
    Black Man wrote:
    Question:
    Do boosters carry over?

ayyy, they can use them on server 1,2,3, make zarp classic server for itself not "4"
    You're missing the point completely, you do realize the community needs money to run itself so you can buy boosters to support it and get benefits out of it. Who would want to give money to a server and get nothing out of it
    • Clarky
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • I love Henny

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154223

Clarky wrote:
    CroatianGamer wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    CroatianGamer wrote:
    .uzi wrote:
    Black Man wrote:
    Question:
    Do boosters carry over?

You're missing the point completely, you do realize the community needs money to run itself so you can buy boosters to support it and get benefits out of it. Who would want to give money to a server and get nothing out of it

Ok boss, then I guess i need to spend few bucks to stay in business.
    • CroatianGamer
    • Junior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Admin
    Ex SSRP Admin
    Ex Minecraft Moderator

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154225

Huperchild wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    CroatianGamer wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    CroatianGamer wrote:
    .uzi wrote:
    Black Man wrote:
    Question:
    Do boosters carry over?

i agree but i'd like it not to work like "put 30 dollars, become richer than half the server"
    Yes which i'm aware about some booster offers being too OP, that doesn't mean the feature should be removed nor will it ever. It's not down for debate.
    • Clarky
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • I love Henny

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154252

Clarky wrote:
    Huperchild wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    CroatianGamer wrote:
    Clarky wrote:
    CroatianGamer wrote:
    .uzi wrote:
    Black Man wrote:
    Question:
    Do boosters carry over?

i agree but i'd like it not to work like "put 30 dollars, become richer than half the server"
    Yes which i'm aware about some booster offers being too OP, that doesn't mean the feature should be removed nor will it ever. It's not down for debate.

I agree that boosters shouldn’t apply to this server in the same way they don’t apply to TTT/DR etc.
    • BigNoobUsername
    • User is blocked
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 274

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154837

Holy shit!!!!!!!! FINALLY. I asked for this 10000 times. Made whole threads about this, and now its happening.
    • OG Dylan
    • Senior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Vanilla servers pls
    • Thanks received: 183

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154873

Take a close look at WoW Classic. Try to emulate the idea that they have not touched the game from the point players wanted it to simulate. Remove all special weapons except for the vanilla ones when we swapped to downtown in the first place. M202, RPG, Milkor, Orbital, and C4.

Also, don't have any shitty booster pack events on the server.
    • Morgan
    • Legendary Member
    • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
    MAL
    Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Morgan.

[SSRP] ZARP Classic Server 4 years 8 months ago #1154940

Morgan wrote:
    Take a close look at WoW Classic. Try to emulate the idea that they have not touched the game from the point players wanted it to simulate. Remove all special weapons except for the vanilla ones when we swapped to downtown in the first place. M202, RPG, Milkor, Orbital, and C4.

Also, don't have any shitty booster pack events on the server.
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :plussp:
    • CroatianGamer
    • Junior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Admin
    Ex SSRP Admin
    Ex Minecraft Moderator
    Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat