Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 5 months ago #1369658

Why not reach out to some of the old active players from when the server did actively have like 70+ players back in like 2015-18 ish and ask what they liked about it and what would make old players come back (focusing on SSRP ofcousrse)
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • 在智慧宝贝的爱的纪念中:操你
  • Thanks received: 279
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Shae.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrueOverL

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 5 months ago #1369746

Shae wrote:
Why not reach out to some of the old active players from when the server did actively have like 70+ players back in like 2015-18 ish and ask what they liked about it and what would make old players come back (focusing on SSRP ofcousrse)

As I've already mentioned in one of the replies above, we're actively trying to involve the community in our decisions on actual update content by listening to their feedback on older updates and giving the staff teams opportunities to directly voice their opinions and suggestions in the meetings, but we also have to focus on gaining new players and making servers like more SSRP interesting for starters. If you or anyone else wants to speak to us about our decisions and priorities behind content updates, feel free to approach us on discord / teamspeak.

Reaching out to older players that quit the server / community certainly might be worth looking into, but for now we'd rather focus on our existing playerbase.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shae

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1371647

Are you planning to create Roblox server? :woohoo:
  • TrueOverL
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 886
The following user(s) said Thank You: koRe Phantom

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1371674

Chinese Man wrote:
i have been noticing some updates are missing for example the advent calendar and the black friday update, i was wondering if chute is too busy to code for the updates whats the problem with hiring a developer?

Bear in mind that whilst we do tend to operate on a relatively consistent schedule for which updates are released each year, we don't have a specific update schedule which is followed, and have recently been discussing in detail our plans for upcoming updates. As part of this, there have been some delays to some content being released (you should still be seeing this content introduced to the server in the near future!), however this is allowing us to put a lot more time and effort into the main Christmas Update rather than focusing on a smaller update beforehand and giving ourselves very little time to develop, test and release the Christmas Update, which will include a range of new content including (but not limited to) changes and improvements to the gangs system and a new feature there and new jobs being introduced and changes which have been requested by community members.

Myself and Chute are able to work on this ourselves currently, however Community Managers who wish to help out with content creation for the SSRP server are always welcome to (and aware of how to) work towards a promotion to Community Owner!

TrueOverL wrote:
Are you planning to create Roblox server? :woohoo:

We do not have any plans to create a Roblox server at the current time.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1371675

why did the bug thread get removed? I just posted a bug and there is no where else to post bugs it would appear

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1371676

Aidan New Name Banter wrote:
why did the bug thread get removed? I just posted a bug and there is no where else to post bugs it would appear

Hi Aidan,

It looks like you posted your bug onto a very old map suggestion post rather than the bug report thread, which can be found here: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/darkrp/52677-ssrp-bug-reports
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1371706

Genuine question - Why do you guys always try to hide and hold a huge lack of transparency with the community?
For example, Xnator says they’ve currently got plans with SSRP and doesn’t go into detail about what these plans are really about, how can we look forward to it when it’s YOUR community is expecting some mediocre content?

Another question - Why do you guys not ban people correctly and only put TOU as the reason? It is unprofessional and it almost seems like it is used in case you’re needing to bend the TOU in your favour and cannot come up with a detailed reason. That is a speculation to me so I’m not slandering, just give some clarification on this?

I do wanna talk about how terrible your communication is with the community itself but I’ll leave that discussion for whenever you guys host a TS Q&A which is much better than this thread with deleted questions lol
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrueOverL

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1371728

Clarky wrote:
Genuine question - Why do you guys always try to hide and hold a huge lack of transparency with the community?
For example, Xnator says they’ve currently got plans with SSRP and doesn’t go into detail about what these plans are really about, how can we look forward to it when it’s YOUR community is expecting some mediocre content?

Another question - Why do you guys not ban people correctly and only put TOU as the reason? It is unprofessional and it almost seems like it is used in case you’re needing to bend the TOU in your favour and cannot come up with a detailed reason. That is a speculation to me so I’m not slandering, just give some clarification on this?

I do wanna talk about how terrible your communication is with the community itself but I’ll leave that discussion for whenever you guys host a TS Q&A which is much better than this thread with deleted questions lol

Hi Clarky,

If you read my reply, you'll see that I actually did discuss some of the planned changes, so I'm a bit unclear on why you believe that I haven't said what those plans are about. I am also planning to do a sneak preview post soon (as I did with the previous updates) to give a sneak-peak of some features.

Regarding bans, this is not really a question for the Community Team as a whole - personally I always try to include the rule as well in the ban, however as you will know private reasons are also supplied on forum bans, and so members who have been banned and are unsure of the full reason should be making an effort to contact a member of the forum staff team if they would like more detail around their ban. Looking through the bans, I actually don't see any recent bans which have been placed for simply "TOU" - all of them also include the rule broken, so if you could contact a relevant staff member about this with some more detail, including example(s), it would be appreciated.

The only questions deleted on this thread are: a) disrespectful comments which do not pose a question b) questions which have already been answered (which has been the case for the 3 deleted today) or c) discussions/posts which do not pose a question at all. This thread replaces Q&As on Teamspeak/Discord as they unfortunately take up far too much time (~3 days in total are taken up with the preparation and running the Q&A session on Teamspeak/Discord) compared to the ability to immediately ask and answer questions via this thread.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1371974

If the community continues to not gain or have a consistent amount of players (excluding bhop surf ph if they still get decent amounts of players), what exactly is your next plan? (pls no “we work on update just wait” no one buys that shit anymore)
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shae, TrueOverL, Markus

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1372022

Are you guys actually planning on releasing new servers? Or do you still stick to make the ssrp server great again. Because you have been trying for a couple of years now and the server rank has been about the same. If you look at the last 30 days it even climbed down to rank 300.

Closing down murder and/or deathrun a possibility since its been leading to nowhere? Or do you have "plans" for those servers as well
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1739
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by rroobbiinn10xx.

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1372030

Clarky wrote:
If the community continues to not gain or have a consistent amount of players (excluding bhop surf ph if they still get decent amounts of players), what exactly is your next plan? (pls no “we work on update just wait” no one buys that shit anymore)

Hello Clarky,

The Community Team has been looking into people's feedback for the last couple of weeks and we have since taken lots of it on board and are actively working on pleasing the players' desires and wishes. Furthermore, we have been discussing major ideas regarding our servers and have recently set said plans in motion. Due to the nature of the aforementioned plans, we are not yet ready to discuss or disclose what exactly it will be. However, throughout the following few weeks, hopefully, by the beginning of 2022, we'll have established our plan of action and you'll know about it then in one of our Community Team meeting outcomes.

We still do have planned updates, competitions, and events that are yet to be released and we hope these will keep the playerbase(s) going for the time being.

Thank you.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1372033

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
Are you guys actually planning on releasing new servers? Or do you still stick to make the ssrp server great again. Because you have been trying for a couple of years now and the server rank has been about the same. If you look at the last 30 days it even climbed down to rank 300.

Closing down murder and/or deathrun a possibility since its been leading to nowhere? Or do you have "plans" for those servers as well

Hello Robbin,

We are currently working on both establishing new servers as well as working on improving already-existing ones. The Community Team is currently only working on improving the servers whilst the SO Team, Lead Team(s), and other hard-working members of the community are doing their part on designing (a) new server(s) - This is great as it allows the CM team to focus on the servers that need attention the most, e.g. SSRP and TTT currently and we are not losing any time or resources whatsoever on anything else but the servers that are in need.

We have lots of plans for SSRP, and as always, we intend to deliver them as soon as possible.

As for the Pointshop side of things, we have lots of ongoing projects for all of our servers which is being worked on consistently by Martin as well as the rest of the Server Owners. Just like I said to Clarky in my previous reply, we have a master plan of action that we are not yet ready to disclose due to the nature of the idea, it has been set in motion as is being worked on by Chute. However, in the following few weeks, and hopefully by the start of 2022, we will have it all laid out and ready.

Thank you.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Mr. Richard.

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 4 months ago #1372035

Hi community team, will we be seeing a 2022 roadmap?
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2310

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 2 months ago #1376250

When are the devs going to focus on getting a playerbase? Like come on a few shop improvements are not going to help when there are no shops.

Leave the small fixes and optimizations. Rather spend that time on bringing back / gaining players
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by rroobbiinn10xx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BiWx Voorhees, TrueOverL, JoshuaIsGreat

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 2 months ago #1376252

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
When are the devs going to focus on getting a playerbase? Like come on a few shop improvements are not going to help when there are no shops.

Leave the small fixes and optimizations. Rather spend that time on bringing back / gaining players

Hi roobbiinn,

The SSRP Valentines 2022 Update contains a lot of new features and content, not just "a few shop improvements".
If you would like to see more about the content in the update, you can view the sneak preview announcement.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 2 months ago #1376264

When is zarp gonna expand into different games such as csgo, tf2 or minecraft?
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrueOverL, CEO of Business

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 2 months ago #1376273

zarp_smashmouth_avatar wrote:
When is zarp gonna expand into different games such as csgo, tf2 or minecraft?

We don't have any plans to expand the ZARP community to any of the games you've listed - At least not within the near future.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 2 months ago #1376275

Let me rephrase my last question. What new content will be added during the valentines update that is going to target new players?

Second question: ever going to stop copy pasting replies on suggestions? I think some people are getting tired from “we do not have plans for this in the near future”.
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 2 years 2 months ago #1376279

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
Let me rephrase my last question. What new content will be added during the valentines update that is going to target new players?

The valentines update for SSRP will include a major rework of the F4 menu, a minor rework of the drug system to make it more accessible, various changes to our existing features to make them more accessible with lower player counts, a bunch of seasonal content related to valentines and a bunch of additional content we've decided not to reveal to the community yet. All of these changes cater to both existing and new players. Keep your eyes on the forums (specifically the official preview thread and future community team meeting outcomes) to find out more once we're ready to share the information with you!

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
Second question: ever going to stop copy pasting replies on suggestions? I think some people are getting tired from “we do not have plans for this in the near future”.

We rarely copy-paste replies to suggestions (unless they are about an economy reset or similar major changes that aren't feasible and have been properly responded to before). In a lot of cases, we can't give an in-depth reply to every single suggestion that gets posted on the forums. In other cases, we can't go into detail since we're already working on something similar / related and don't want to give it away just yet in case we decide to scrap it / make major changes to it during development.

Also, please keep in mind that we're currently mainly focused on the upcoming SSRP update and have a very tight schedule around valentines to release an SSRP update, a major pointshop update and various other updates on the individual pointshop servers.

I hope I was able to answer all of your questions and I hope you have a nice evening!
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Martin.

❔ Official Community Q&A Thread ❔ 1 year 10 months ago #1384845

Chuteuk wrote:
CEO of Business wrote:
When will we be seeing the charity event? It's been about 7 and a half months since the original post, and we've not received much of an update.
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/10-announ...next-charity?start=0
Martin wrote:
You'll hear more about this event in the near future.

We are very proud to have been able to give back to some fantastic charities over the course of the last few years and even further back than that. The charity updates will return again and when we have a firm date and plan we will let people know in a proper announcement!
Is this close to being announced? It's been quite sometime now.
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2310
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

156 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun