Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY)

10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY) 5 years 9 months ago #963891

Post a link to your steam profile
Thank you this post
Post a dead meme (TTT staff don't copy my dead memes from the discord)
you can win:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

It will be down to the deadest meme posted
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Kim..
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lerpson, Kyber, Henny, Hoops_1991

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #963898

Despacito my stream is in my description
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1821
Jay House number 1 as always

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #963939

Yeet Man wrote:
Despacito my stream is in my description
yeet
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #963941

https://goo.gl/images/RCvmxx
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Kyber.

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #963946

Kyber wrote:
Need a thank you Kyber
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #963951

Kyber wrote:

that hurt, it really did
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #963953

Nikoo wrote:
Kyber wrote:

that hurt, it really did
You can join if you want
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #963956

MemesAreGoodWithKim wrote:
Nikoo wrote:
Kyber wrote:

that hurt, it really did
You can join if you want

oh god :clap:
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #963967

Nikoo wrote:
Nikoo wrote:
Kyber wrote:

that hurt, it really did
You can join if you want

oh god :clap:
Niko would be banned for mass racism like me
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1821
Jay House number 1 as always

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #964044

Yeet Man is the only person that has done this properly. I will deside the winter tomorrow at 5:00.
Other people apply to join the competition plz :)
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Kim..

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #964047

Yeet Man is the only person that has done this properly. I will deside the winter tomorrow at 5:00.
I put a thank you
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

10 thank yous 5 years 9 months ago #964049

Kyber wrote:
I put a thank you
Good boy it is now between Yeet Man and Kyber
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY) 5 years 9 months ago #964065

Daaaaamn Daniel, back at it again with the white vans
Pretty sure u know my steam
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Henny.

10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY) 5 years 9 months ago #964078

When would it will be appropriate to use the ban command?:
  • Racism - If a user has multiple punishments for racism then I would ban them for an appropriate amount of time
  • Recent Punishments - If a player has X recents, the number will depend on the reasons for the warnings, after being verbally warned then I would ban them for an appropriate amount of time
  • Cheating - If a user is caught cheating on the second offence then a Lead Team member can permanently ban them
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Kim..

10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY) 5 years 9 months ago #964082

How To Make The Best Application

Guide Index

Click on the links to quickly go that part of the guide.

General Information
SSRP
TTT
Prophunt link COMING SOON
Deathrun link COMING SOON
Surf link COMING SOON
Bhop link COMING SOON
Jailbreak link COMING SOON
Forums link COMING SOON
TeamSpeak3/Discord link COMING SOON
Lead Team link COMING SOON

Section Index

• Introduction
  • Ranks
  • Criteria for Becoming Staff
  • General Hints & Tips

Introduction

We're always looking for new staff members to help improve the server's experience for all its users.

There is one obstacle to this however. You can't just say "Make me a staff member please" and have your powers handed out to you. I'm afraid it's a bit more complicated than that. In some other Gmod communities, you can simply buy staff. In ZARP you can buy VIP and Booster Packs (the latter being purely for SSRP), but neither will grant you with any kind of power or authority but some extra features that can improve your experience.

Instead, you'll have to apply. For almost every staff rank there's a template that you have to follow and an application that you'll have to make. I'll go deeper into that later.

Ranks

The current ranking system goes as follows:

Community Owner
^
Community Manager
^
Community Developer
^
Server Owner
^
Server Developer
^
Head Administrator
^
Super Administrator
^
Administrator
^

The staff team is broken up into sections. Moderators and Administrators are not in a section they are just normal staff. Super Administrators and Head Administrators are part of the staff team known as the "Lead Team". Server Developers and Server Owners are part of the staff team called "Owners". Community Developers, Community Managers and Community Owners are part of the staff team called "The Community Team".

You can apply for all positions apart from Server Developer, Server Owner, Community Developer and Community Owner. Community Manager you can apply for but only when it is open.

Note that each of these ranks are server based. For example, being an Administrator on our SSRP server does not make you an Administrator on our TTT server. Apart from Community Developer, Community Manager and Community Owner.

I will not describe what each of these ranks do and what it means. If you want to know the difference between, say, a Super Administrator and a Head Administrator then go to this thread.

Criteria for Becoming Staff

There are plenty of criteria for becoming a staff member. Firstly, you need to understand that the only way to become staff is by applying for one of our servers following the correct template. All applications will be reviewed in the weekly meetings, and all staff members with the correct rank will vote on your application.

What I mean with the last part is that say a Moderator on TTT cannot vote on Moderator applications for SSRP. However, an SSRP Administrator can vote on Moderator applications for SSRP. They can also vote on Administrator applications for SSRP, but Moderators on that server can not do so as they do not hold the Administrator rank on SSRP.

Basically, if you hold the rank, you can vote on all applications for that rank. An exception to this are the Community Team ranks (which we'll go deeper into some other time) and the Server Owner ranks (Server Owners are voted on, but you cannot apply).

However, what you're here for is an answer to the obvious question: How do I get accepted for staff?

There are several criteria that staff members will take into account when reviewing your application. It goes as follows:

• Activity:
    For each server we recommend two weeks of consistent activity before applying for staff. This means that you have plenty of time every single day or almost every single day on the server. This is to ensure that you're familiar with the server, the gamemode, its users, its staff members and also to check whether you're familiar with the rules, as you can be easily punished during this time.

Note that all servers have a minimum activity requirement as well. For all servers, you need 3 hours of activity a week. For SSRP there is also a F1 requirement of 20 F1 per weeks.

If you do not keep up with the activity requirement (or in the case of SSRP, your minimum F1 count) after being accepted for staff you can, and eventually will be put up for demotion. Do keep that in mind.

• Recent Punishments:
    When the staff team reviews your application, they'll also look at the number of recent punishments you have. This includes, but isn't limited to: warnings, gags, mutes, bans, jails, freezes, kicks etc.

Any punishment can, and will more than likely be, held against you. However we will not usually take them all into account. The staff team will only look at your recent punishments, and all punishments stay recent up to two weeks.

It depends on the server how harshly they take the recent punishments into account. Some servers have a very strict (unspoken) policy and will deny users the moment they have a recent mute, whilst other servers would even accept staff with multiple recent warnings. In all cases, any recent punishment is bad; however, on most servers 2 is the absolute maximum you can have if you want to be accepted. Keep in mind that people have been accepted with more and that people have also been denied with less. It all depends on what the staff members vote and how well you're doing on the other criteria.

• Attitude In-Game:
    Attitude is a very big one. You might not break any rules, but if you're always acting immature, screaming down your microphone (but not too excessively to warrant a mute) and just generally acting like a bit of a kid staff will feel less inclined to vote 'yes' for you. Either because they dislike your attitude or because they have serious concerns about you becoming a staff member and do not believe you're fit for the task - it doesn't really matter. They choose who becomes staff and who doesn't, so try to stay on most of their good side if you can.

Being able to properly express yourself in English, acting mature and calmly and staying level-headed in all situations is a massive plus if you're applying for staff, as it shows that you're quite possibly capable of holding the rank and doing a good job.

Keep in mind that there's no age minimum for staff members on our servers. You cannot be denied for being young or being a child, but you can be denied for showing immaturity and incapability.

• Application:
    The application is the way you present yourself to the staff team. This guide is there to show you how you can present yourself in the best possible way. As it is the first thing that some staff will see you need to make a good impression.

• Helping Out:
    Helping out on the server can be a massive bonus as well. On SSRP this means making a lot of F1's and trying to report as many rulebreaks as you can. For example you're walking around and you see a base blocking the road, if you make an F1 about this (although it might not bother you directly yourself) it shows to the staff team that you're dedicated and try your best to help out on the server, even though you're not staff yet.

On TTT this means making reports and trying to help the staff member handling it. If you press F8 you can find the logs yourself. You could possibly help, or at the very least try to help, by copying the logs into the chat. You could also report rulbreaks using admin chat (@ [message]) and make ban requests on the forums when staff aren't online.

For all other servers, but especially for TTT and SSRP: try to not disturb the staff from doing their job, try to show a willingness to help even if you can't and report rulebreakers on the forums providing plenty of evidence to support your claims.
All of these can be equally important, depending on the staff team that's voting for you. Some people get denied with one week of consistent activity, others get accepted for it. The difference? The staff team simply voted "Yes" more often than "No". Although all conditions are the same, there's nothing that stops any staff member from voting "Yes" or "No". It's often opinion based, and staff will vote who they like more rather than who they think is the better candidate.

Do understand that we try to discourage our staff from voting in such a way, but there's nothing that stops them from doing so.

General Hints & Tips

Here I'll go over some things that go for all applications.

Make it presentable. Your application will be the first thing that people will see when they discuss it in the meeting. Not just that, if they've never met you it's the only thing they can go by. So making it presentable is extremely important.

What I mean by this is that an application shouldn't have overly many grammar and spelling mistakes and should not seem extremely messy. Using BBCode is the best way to present your application, and you'll often see people use this. Some people also make applications using pictures, but we won't go very deeply into that today.

If you're unsure how you should properly use BBCode, then please go to this guide. It has all the necessary information you need. Don't forget that there is such a thing as using too much BBCode. Especially in the case of colour differences will you encounter problems - using too many bright colours might give some readers a headache, which isn't exactly a good first impression.

Don't be afraid to do something original. What I mean by this is that originality isn't bad in the slightest. You'll definitely have to follow the template, but don't be afraid to divert from it when you can. I've seen people add things such as pro's and con's to convince people whether accepting them is a good thing or not, and although nobody ever asked for it it has always been appreciated by people.

In the end, an application is supposed to show the best of yourself. It's supposed to convince us, the reader and most especially, the staff team that will vote on your application, that we should accept you as staff. This means that writing things like "To be honest, I don't care if I get it or not" and "I don't know what to write here" are not good answers, as they won't convince anyone to vote 'Yes' for you in the meeting.

Being original means that you shouldn't be afraid to do things that other people, or at the very least very few people, like to do. Interpreting questions in a different way is never a bad thing, as long as you answer the question correctly.

Being original does not mean that you should add unnecessary questions to the template. I have, for example, seen people add questions such as this: "What would you gain from accepting me" or "How do I think I'd benefit the server". Note that both of these questions are the exact same and, even worse, is already part of the template: "Why should I be chosen" means the exact same thing as the two questions I provided to you just now, and are entirely useless.

Don't be afraid of what others will say. In the end, there will be people that will not support you. In the case of Lead Team applications, where there are only a limited amount of places for staff, there will be people that prefer other candidates over you. In the case of Moderator and Admin applications, there will be people that dislike you and the things you've done.

Don't be afraid to take the criticism provided by others into account. If someone tells you what they believe you've done wrong, take it as a compliment that they took the time to share that with you and try your best to improve on it. Don't be scared of the people that don't support you as they are not always the ones that make the final vote - the staff team does.

This does not mean that you should immediately believe that what everyone states is immediately the truth. If someone minus-supports you for reasons that you know are false or if the person that gave their feedback is a known rulebreaker themselves, feel free to entirely ignore them. Of course, if they say something that is actually valid you should still take that into account.

Listen to the feedback of Lead Team members. They're very trusted people in this community, that know better than no one what it's like to be a staff member and what it's like to make mistakes. If they don't respond on your application, ask them over Steam or on Teamspeak. They're there to help both users as well as staff members and will always help you if they're given the chance.

Also, if your application is denied, be sure to look at its reason and try to improve on it. Such a reason can be anything, but one of the more common reasons is having recent punishments. Punishments stay recent up to two weeks, so reapply when you know for a fact they've expired. Don't be afraid to message any staff member to send you your recent punishments, as all staff are able to see them. Also don't be afraid to message any staff for their vote in the meeting. Although staff members can't share what others have voted, they can state their own vote and their own opinions.

If you applied for Lead Team or for a Teamspeak/Forum position, ask any staff member that was in that meeting for their vote and their reasoning behind it.

Click here for a good guide on how to treat criticism and feedback properly.

Be patient. Last but not least, patience is a very important one. All applications are handled in the weekly meetings and will (or, at the very least, shouldn't be) skipped. Therefore don't spam applications. There are plenty of people that decide to post a second application after realizing that they've not received word whether they've been accepted yet or not.

Don't bump your applications 5 times each day either. Heck, I've seen people bump their application minutes after its been posted. Feel free to bump it when nobody has been posting feedback for a while and it's pages away from the front page on the "Recent Topics" page, but if you do it too much people could get irritated. It also gives people a relatively immature impression of you, which is not good when applying for staff.

Everybody loves to hear feedback, so you can obviously ask people in-game, on Steam or on Teamspeak to check out your application. Once again, don't say it every 5 minutes - as I said before, it could give people the impression that you're immature.

Also, don't rush things. If you've just gotten moderator, don't apply for administrator straight after. Wait a few days at least, or even better: wait a whole week. The more experience you get, the higher the chances of you getting accepted for a higher rank. Don't forget that time and experience aren't the same things - there have been people out there that got SA shortly after getting Admin, and there have been people that were Admin for months before finally getting promoted.

There's also the matter of trust. If the other staff don't trust you yet, the chances of you getting accepted for a higher rank are relatively small.

Meetings are held on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Depending on which server you're applying for, your application will be voted on by the staff team on one of these days and the voting result will be posted on your application. There will also be a meeting outcome posted with the results of all applications, possible new Lead Team members and possible rule changes.

If you're unsure when the meeting is for whichever server you're applying for, you can look at this or the picture below (all meetings are held in the timezone GMT/UTC +0).

Good luck!

This was the first section of my guide. The other sections will go into more detail with each server. You can either scroll down or click on the links up above to quickly go to a more in-depth guide to whichever server you'd like to apply for.
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY) 5 years 9 months ago #964083

Guide Index

• General Information
  • SSRP
  • TTT
  • Prophunt link COMING SOON
  • Deathrun link COMING SOON
  • Surf link COMING SOON
  • Bhop link COMING SOON
  • Jailbreak link COMING SOON
  • Forums link COMING SOON
  • TeamSpeak3/Discord link COMING SOON
  • Lead Team link COMING SOON
    • Super Administrator link COMING SOON
    • Head Administrator link COMING SOON
  • TeamSpeak3 Gang Channel link COMING SOON

Section Index

• Introduction
  • Moderator Template
  • Administrator Template
  • General Hints & Tips

Introduction

So you want to apply for our DarkRP server, huh? That's great to hear! SSRP, or Semi-Serious Role Play, is always looking for new staff. There are three servers with hundreds of users each day, so obviously there are times when staff are needed to deal with the rulebreakers.

Don't forget, though, that SSRP is a relatively complicated gamemode. There are countless of situations that you could encounter both as a user as well as a staff member. Knowing the rules is a must, and having good playtime so that you have enough experience is a must as well.

On each server they recommend at least two weeks of consistent activity before applying. On SSRP that is almost always upheld, with very few exceptions. If you're not an ex-staff member or an amazing guy (or both, in a lot of cases) then the chances of you getting accepted with just one week is extremely small. If you have less than a week than the chances of getting accepted are practically 0.

Similarily, they're very strict with recent punishments. If you have a punishment that is recent (all punishments stay recent up to two weeks) then you definitely don't have as good a chance to get accepted as someone without one.

Moderator Template

Click here for the SSRP template.

This is the SSRP template:
[b]RP Name:[/b]
[b]Time Zone:[/b]
[b]Link to Steam Profile:[/b]
[b]SteamID:[/b]
[b]Current Gametracker Profiles:[/b]
Server 1 - https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/top_players/
Server 2 - https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27025/top_players/
Server 3 - https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/top_players/

[b]Estimated Server Time:[/b]

[b]Languages I speak:[/b]

[b]Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:[/b]

[b]Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:[/b]

[b]Explain how you would handle the following situation:[/b]
[i]Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.[/i]

[i]Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.[/i]

[b]Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words):[/b]

The application exists out of 12 questions, each of which need to be answered properly. I'll go in-depth into each of these questions.
RP Name
Your RP Name is your Roleplay name. It's what you're called in the game and what other users will know you as. For me personally, my Roleplay name is Raeker, which is also my Steam and Forums name. Other people have a different name, such as a current SSRP Head Administrator, ChummyXRay. His Steam/Forums/Teamspeak name is all ChummyXRay, but his RP Name is Trinidad.
Time Zone
Your time zone depends on where you live. For the most part this doesn't matter, unless you live in the US or some other non-European time zone. As that's usually night-time for a lot of staff members, the demand for US/Asian-based staff is high.

My timezone is CEST during Summer and CET during Winter.

If you're unsure what your timezone is you can look that up here.
Link to Steam Profile
This one can be a little more tricky for some people. The Steampowered app does not allow you to enter any links, so finding yours can be tricky sometimes. There are multiple ways to find your Steam Profile link:
  • Google it

Note that this will only work if your name is not very commonly used.

As your browser doesn't save you being logged in, you might not want to log into your steam browser just to find your profile link. Especially not if you've got the Steam guard authenticator.

• Find your name using the Steam Community player finder

Simply click on Community, either in a browser or on the app, and enter your name. Once again this will only work if your name isn't commonly used.

• Find your URL/Make a custom URL at your steam profile

If I'm correct it takes Steam a short while to make your customURL, but if it's something that's easy to remember then you can easily find it for later use.
    If you have not made a custom url, the link will instead use your SteamID64:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561198076515648/
SteamID
The great thing is, if you've found your link to your Steam profile then you've practically also found your SteamID. Note that we only care about your regular SteamID, not your SteamID64 or SteamID3. Simply go to a SteamID searcher somewhere online, I personally like to use the website steamid.io.

Simply enter your link to the steam profile and you'll get a list of useful information. Please note that the CustomURL it shows is my old one - for whatever reason it never updated it on this site. Then just copy and paste the SteamID it shows there onto your application.Finding your gametracker profile is easier than it looks. We use gametrackers to see what your time is on the servers. That way we can check whether you have played a lot or very little, and how long you've been playing for.

To find your gametracker, simply open the link for each server and type in your name.

You should then see a page similar to the last image. At the top of that page is a URL. Simply copy that url into the application and you'll have found your gametracker!

If your gametracker does not show when you've entered in your Steam name, it means that you either haven't played on the server, played on the server with a different name (note that it tracks your steam name, not your steam profile – this means that you have different gametrackers for your different steam names. Similarily, other people with the same Steam name would also count towards “your” gametracker) or it didn't track your time.

Gametracker only tracks your server time when you get score. As you might have noticed, I don't have very much activity on SSRP. This isn't because I haven't played – I have in fact played quite a big amount – but the only way to get score on SSRP is by killing people. I don't kill people so I don't get score.

This is what it should look like:
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - https://www.gametracker.com/player/Raeker/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - https://www.gametracker.com/player/Raeker/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3 – https://www.gametracker.com/player/Raeker/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Estimated Server Time
I won't lie, nobody quite knows what this question really means. Most people simply show their accumulated time across all three servers, some people simply state something along the lines of “I've been playing since March” or “Since I started in March I put around 20 hours into the gamemode across all three servers. An example of a good answer would be this:

Estimated Server Time
Around 10-11 hours but it didn’t save on my Gametrackers

This is legitimately true, by the way – back when I applied for SSRP in April I had plenty of time on the servers, but as I never killed anyone it only showed 16 minutes on my gametrackers across all three servers.
Languages I speak
The easiest question of them all: what languages do you speak? Add whichever language you speak, either fluently or only a little. However, if you claim that you speak a whole lot of languages people might call you out on it, and if it turns out that you only know a few words they might not appreciate you putting those languages on there. Do keep that in mind, though it really doesn't matter.
Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:
This one is a little more up to you. Explain RDM in your own words and don't forget to give an example scenario. Especially the latter is often forgotten.

This, right here, is an example case. You can do it differently, as long as you explain RDM and give an example scenario. I made use of bbcode to define some of the answers a little better, and to make the application as a whole look more presentable.

Do NOT literally copy what I posted here. If you copy anything that I show you, your application WILL be denied. Simply use it for inspiration to help yourself on your way.
Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:
In this one, you need to explain NLR in your own words and give an example scenario. Once again, do not forget that example scenario – it is often forgotten but it is still part of the template.

Once again this is an example case. You can do it differently, as long as you explain NLR and give an example scenario. I made use of bbcode to define some of the answers a little better, and to make the application as a whole look more presentable.

Do NOT literally copy what I posted here. If you copy anything that I show you, your application WILL be denied. Simply use it for inspiration to help yourself on your way.
Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
Here you need to explain how you would handle this situation. Explain how YOU would handle it if you had the chance. Once again I'll give you an example, to help you on your way.

You can explain it differently, as long as you answer the question. Note that this question hints to having had a sit experience, so if you have never experienced a sit this question might be a little hard to answer. This also means, however, that you do not know how this server handles its rulebreakers and thus hints to not having much experience playing on the server.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
This question is similar to the last question, although the scenario is a little different. Once again answer how YOU would handle this situation. Do not copy what I have posted for you down below.

You can explain it in a different way, as long as you answer the question correctly. Note that this question hints to having had a sit experience, so if you have never experienced a sit this question might be a little hard to answer. This also means, however, that you do not know how this server handles its rulebreakers and thus hints to not having much experience playing on the server.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words):
I won't even give you an example with this one? Why? Because this is a personal question, one that you have to answer yourself entirely. Everyone has their own reason for wanting to help the server. Some people find staffing fun, others simply want to help out and a few people simply want to experience what it's like. Why do you want to help out, and why should the staff team vote to pick you? Answer that question properly, and you could easily get the support of the staff team in the meeting.

Administrator Template

Click here for the SSRP promotion template.

This is the SSRP promotion template:
[b]RP Name:[/b]
Server 1 - https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/top_players/
Server 2 - https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27025/top_players/
Server 3 - https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/top_players/

[b]Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:[/b]

[b]Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user):[/b]

[b]If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:[/b]

[i]Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that another admin banned them permanently for prop-spam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?[/i]

[b]Why I should be promoted(we recommend around 150 words):[/b]

The application exists out of 11 questions, each of which need to be answered properly. I'll go in-depth into each of these questions.
RP Name
Your RP Name is your Roleplay name. It's what you're called in the game and what other users will know you as. For me personally, my Roleplay name is Raeker, which is also my Steam and Forums name. Other people have a different name, such as a current SSRP Head Administrator, ChummyXRay. His Steam/Forums/Teamspeak name is all ChummyXRay, but his RP Name is Trinidad.
Link to Steam Profile
This one can be a little more tricky for some people. The Steampowered app does not allow you to enter any links, so finding yours can be tricky sometimes. There are multiple ways to find your Steam Profile link:
  • Google it

As your browser doesn't save you being logged in, you might not want to log into your steam browser just to find your profile link. Especially not if you've got the Steam guard authenticator.

Simply click on Community, either in a browser or on the app, and enter your name. Once again this will only work if your name isn't commonly used.

If I'm correct it takes Steam a short while to make your customURL, but if it's something that's easy to remember then you can easily find it for later use.
SteamID
The great thing is, if you've found your link to your Steam profile then you've practically also found your SteamID. Note that we only care about your regular SteamID, not your SteamID64 or SteamID3. Simply go to a SteamID searcher somewhere online, I personally like to use the website steamid.io.

Simply enter your link to the steam profile and you'll get a list of useful information. Please note that the CustomURL it shows is my old one - for whatever reason it never updated it on this site. Then just copy and paste the SteamID it shows there onto your application.Finding your gametracker profile is easier than it looks. We use gametrackers to see what your time is on the servers. That way we can check whether you have played a lot or very little, and how long you've been playing for.

To find your gametracker, simply open the link for each server and type in your name.

You should then see a page similar to the last image. At the top of that page is a URL. Simply copy that url into the application and you'll have found your gametracker!

If your gametracker does not show when you've entered in your Steam name, it means that you either haven't played on the server, played on the server with a different name (note that it tracks your steam name, not your steam profile – this means that you have different gametrackers for your different steam names. Similarily, other people with the same Steam name would also count towards “your” gametracker) or it didn't track your time.

Gametracker only tracks your server time when you get score. As you might have noticed, I don't have very much activity on SSRP. This isn't because I haven't played – I have in fact played quite a big amount – but the only way to get score on SSRP is by killing people. I don't kill people so I don't get score.

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - https://www.gametracker.com/player/Raeker/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - https://www.gametracker.com/player/Raeker/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3 – https://www.gametracker.com/player/Raeker/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Estimated Server Time
I won't lie, nobody quite knows what this question really means. Most people simply show their accumulated time across all three servers, some people simply state something along the lines of “I've been playing since March” or “Since I started in March I put around 20 hours into the gamemode across all three servers. An example of a good answer would be this:

Estimated Server Time
Around 10-11 hours but it didn’t save on my Gametrackers
Languages I speak
The easiest question of them all: what languages do you speak? Add whichever language you speak, either fluently or only a little. However, if you claim that you speak a whole lot of languages people might call you out on it, and if it turns out that you only know a few words they might not appreciate you putting those languages on there. Do keep that in mind, though it really doesn't matter.
Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
I won't even give you an example with this one? Why? Because this is a personal question, one that you have to answer yourself entirely. Everyone has their own experiences that contribute. Answer that question properly, and you could easily get the support of the staff team in the meeting.
Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user):
Again I won’t give you an example with the one. As there is no right or wrong answer. You can even leave this question blanck if you have not had such an experience. The last thing you should do is make something up be honest if you haven't encountered an obstacle people will appreciate it more.
If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:
Again I won’t give an example for this one. This is because it is used to see if you know what your doing. If you are fully aware of everything you should know as a moderator. This question is almost life or death for your application and you should take time with it and not be afraid of going over the 300 recommended words.
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that another admin banned them permanently for prop-spam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
Here you need to explain how you would handle this situation. Explain how YOU would handle it if you had the chance. Once again I'll give you an example, to help you on your way. Note that you don’t have to accept it or when it is accepted to reduce the ban as it is what you would do.

This, right here, is an example case. You can do it differently, as long as you answer how you would handle the situation. I made use of BBCode to define some of the answers a little better, and to make the application as a whole look more presentable.

Do NOT literally copy what I posted here. If you copy anything that I show you, your application will be denied. Simply use it for inspiration to help yourself on your way.
Why I should be promoted(we recommend around 150 words):
I won't even give you an example with this one? Why? Because this is a personal question, one that you have to answer yourself entirely. Everyone has their own reason for wanting to be promoted. Some people want to climb the ranks and see their full potential, others simply want to help out and a few people simply want to experience what it's like. Why do you want to be promoted, and why should the staff team vote to pick you? Answer that question properly, and you could easily get the support of the staff team in the meeting.

General Hints & Tips

Be sure to make a lot of F1's. Making F1's shows to the staff team that you're trying your best to help out, as well as proving to everyone that you know the rules and have an interest in dealing with rulebreakers.

If you're unsure how to answer some of the questions, don't be afraid to ask! Just ask anyone, either on Teamspeak or on Steam, to help you. I'm always available on Steam to help anyone with an application for any server, and there are plenty of staff members that have gone to countless of meetings and know exactly what it's like to be denied. They also know how hard it can be to answer some of these, so just ask them for feedback or help if you need it.

You should also read this post. There are several other guides in that thread that could also help you on your way, if you ever need inspiration.

Be active on the forums and on Teamspeak! Everyone is an amazing person at heart, but not everyone in that meeting will know you if you've only been in the game. Post on the forums when you can, state your opinions on your fellow applicants and be sure to see if there's any post where you could help other users out or where people might appreciate your input.

Showing yourself to the rest of the staff team is extremely useful, as when they get to know you better they'll also be more inclined to vote yes for you.

Be sure to go on Teamspeak often as well. We often talk there with each other and have a lot of fun. Showing yourself there will make everyone know you more and they'll thus be more inclined to vote yes for you.

And before you ask, no, ZARP does NOT have a Discord at this time. We had one in the past, but as Teamspeak is simply more useful for what we do and having both a Discord, a Teamspeak and a forums at the same time simply proved that the Discord was unneeded and unused. It died within a week and will almost definitely never return.

Don't forget, it's not just about the application. Although the application is the first step you have to make to becoming staff, it isn't the only thing the staff team looks at in the meeting. Your application is obviously one of the most important aspects of applying - if you don't make one, you couldn't possibly ever get accepted - but they look at other things as well.

However, your application is simply the first thing people will see. Making sure that you have a good application can definitely be a good bonus, and plenty of people have been denied for making lackluster applications.

Good luck!
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY) 5 years 9 months ago #964084

Guide Index

General Information
SSRP
TTT
Prophunt link COMING SOON
Deathrun link COMING SOON
Surf link COMING SOON
Bhop link COMING SOON
Jailbreak link COMING SOON
Forums link COMING SOON
TeamSpeak3/Discord link COMING SOON
Lead Team link COMING SOON

Section Index

• Introduction
  • Moderator Template
  • Administrator Template
  • General Hints & Tips

Introduction

Trouble in Terrorist Town is always looking for new staff to help the server. Staff members are always needed and so your willingness to help is greatly appreciated! RDM, Prop abuse and disrespectful users are always an issue on the servers, so any and all help is welcome.

TTT is ZARP's second most popular gamemode. It is relatively complicated with several rules that you absolutely must know if you wish to enforce them. If you have any questions regarding some of the rules, be sure to contact any current Lead Team members to be sure you know them.

On each server, they recommend at least two weeks of consistent activity before applying. On TTT that is sometimes upheld, but not always. If you play actively for a week without breaking any rules then you have a very big chance of getting accepted. However, having two continuous weeks is always better and strongly recommended, especially if you have recent punishments.

Moderator Template

Click here for the TTT template.

This is the TTT template:

[b]Steam Name:[/b]

[b]Link to GameTracker for the server:[/b]
[b]Server 1: [/b] http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/play.zarpgaming.com:27017/top_players/

[b]Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:[/b]

[b]Give three examples of an acceptable KOS and its scenario:[/b]

[b]Give two examples of unacceptable KOS and their scenarios:[/b]

[b]Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 100 words):[/b]

The application exists out of 10 questions, each of which needs to be answered properly. I'll go in-depth into each of these questions.
Steam Name
Your Steam Name is the current name you use on Steam. I will assume you know where and how to find it, but just as a quick reminder:
Link to Steam Profile
  • Google it

SteamID

Simply enter your link to the steam profile and you'll get a list of useful information. Please note that the CustomURL it shows is my old one - for whatever reason it never updated it on this site. Then just copy and paste the SteamID it shows there onto your application.
Link to GameTracker for the server:
Server 1: www.gametracker.com/server_info/play.zar...m:27017/top_players/
Finding your gametracker profile is easier than it looks. We use gametrackers to see what your time is on the servers. That way we can check whether you have played a lot or very little, and how long you've been playing for.

To find your gametracker, simply open the link for each server and type in your Steam name.

If your gametracker does not show when you've entered in your Steam name, it means that you either haven't played on the server, played on the server with a different name (note that it tracks your steam name, not your steam profile – this means that you have different gametrackers for your different steam names. Similarly, other people with the same Steam name would also count towards “your” gametracker) or it didn't track your time.

[b]Server 1: [/b]https://www.gametracker.com/player/Raeker/play.zarpgaming.com:27017/
Languages I speak
Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:
This one is a little more up to you. Explain RDM in your own words and don't forget to give an example scenario. Especially the latter is often forgotten.

This, right here, is an example case. You can do it differently, as long as you explain RDM and give an example scenario. I made use of BBCode to define some of the answers a little better, and to make the application as a whole look more presentable.

Do NOT literally copy what I posted here. If you copy anything that I show you, your application WILLbe denied. Simply use it for inspiration to help yourself on your way.
Give three examples of an acceptable KOS and its scenario:
In this one, you need to give three examples of acceptable KOS in your own words and give an example scenario for each one. Once again, do not forget that example scenario – it is often forgotten but it is still part of the template.

Once again this is an example case. You can do it differently, as long as you give three examples of acceptable KOS and their scenarios. I made use of BBCode to define some of the answers a little better, and to make the application as a whole look more presentable.

Do NOT literally copy what I posted here. If you copy anything that I show you, your application WILLbe denied. Simply use it for inspiration to help yourself on your way.
Give two examples of unacceptable KOS and their scenarios:
Here you need to give two examples of unacceptable KOS in your own words and give an example scenario for each one. Once again, do not forget that example scenario – it is often forgotten but it is still part of the template.

Once again this is an example case. You can do it differently, as long as you give two examples of unacceptable KOS and their scenarios. I made use of BBCode to define some of the answers a little better, and to make the application as a whole look more presentable.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 100 words):
I won't even give you an example with this one? Why? Because this is a personal question, one that you have to answer yourself entirely. Everyone has their own reason for wanting to help the server. Some people find staffing fun, others simply want to help out and a few people simply want to experience what it's like. Why do you want to help out, and why should the staff team vote to pick you? Answer that question properly, and you could easily get the support of the staff team in the meeting.

Administrator Template

Click here for the TTT promotion template.

This is the TTT promotion template:

[b]Steam Name[/b]
[b]Server 1:[/b] http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/play.zarpgaming.com:27017/top_players/

[b]Explain a situation where it would be appropriate to use the ban command:[/b]

[i]Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for Cheating, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?[/i]

[b]Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 100 words):[/b]

[b]Extra Information: (Not Required)[/b]
The application exists out of 10 questions, each of which needs to be answered properly. I'll go in-depth into each of these questions.
Steam Name
Your Steam Name is the current name you use on Steam. I will assume you know where and how to find it, but just as a quick reminder:
Link to Steam Profile

• Google it

SteamID

Simply enter your link to the steam profile and you'll get a list of useful information. Please note that the CustomURL it shows is my old one - for whatever reason it never updated it on this site. Then just copy and paste the SteamID it shows there onto your application.
Link to GameTracker for the server:
Server 1:
www.gametracker.com/server_info/play.zar...m:27017/top_players/
Finding your gametracker profile is easier than it looks. We use gametrackers to see what your time is on the servers. That way we can check whether you have played a lot or very little, and how long you've been playing for.

To find your gametracker, simply open the link for each server and type in your Steam name.

If your gametracker does not show when you've entered in your Steam name, it means that you either haven't played on the server, played on the server with a different name (note that it tracks your steam name, not your steam profile – this means that you have different gametrackers for your different steam names. Similarly, other people with the same Steam name would also count towards “your” gametracker) or it didn't track your time.

[b]Server 1: [/b]
https://www.gametracker.com/player/Raeker/play.zarpgaming.com:27017/
Estimated Server Time:
This is usually the number that game tracker displays converted into hours - this is what most people do - the image below shows where you can find it on your ZARP TTT GameTracker Profile. Then take the number and use this converter to find the time in minutes and put it in. Although there is a problem with GameTracker your time only starts to count when you get one point or one kill so this might take time so you can add an hour or two depending on how much activity you have.
Languages I speak:
Explain a situation where it would be appropriate to use the ban command:
This one is a little more up to you. Explain when you would ban someone in your own words and don't forget to give a situation. The application only asks for one situation but there is no harm in giving more. I the example below I have given three.

This, right here, is an example case. You can do it differently, as long as you explain when you would ban someone and give a situation. I made use of BBCode to define some of the answers a little better, and to make the application as a whole look more presentable.

Do NOT literally copy what I posted here. If you copy anything that I show you, your application will be denied. Simply use it for inspiration to help yourself on your way.
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for Cheating, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
Here you need to explain how you would handle this situation. Explain how YOU would handle it if you had the chance. Once again I'll give you an example, to help you on your way. Note that you don’t have to give an accepted and a denied or when it is accepted to reduce the ban as it is what you would do.

This, right here, is an example case. You can do it differently, as long as you answer how you would handle the situation. I made use of BBCode to define some of the answers a little better, and to make the application as a whole look more presentable.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 100 words):
I won't even give you an example with this one? Why? Because this is a personal question, one that you have to answer yourself entirely. Everyone has their own reason for wanting to be promoted. Some people want to climb the ranks and see their full potential, others simply want to help out and a few people simply want to experience what it's like. Why do you want to be promoted, and why should the staff team vote to pick you? Answer that question properly, and you could easily get the support of the staff team in the meeting.

General Hints & Tips

Be sure to make a lot of reports and carefully explain the situation when you've added in a chat. Doing this shows to the staff team that you're trying your best to help out, as well as proving to everyone that you know the rules and have an interest in dealing with rulebreakers.

If you're unsure how to answer some of the questions, don't be afraid to ask! Just ask anyone, either on Teamspeak or on Steam, to help you. I'm always available on Steam to help anyone with an application for any server, and there are plenty of staff members that have gone to countless of meetings and know exactly what it's like to be denied. They also know how hard it can be to answer some of these, so just ask them for feedback or help if you need it.

You should also read this post. There are several other guides stickied in the TTT section that you should take a look at, such as this one.

Be active on the forums and on Teamspeak! Everyone is an amazing person at heart, but not everyone in that meeting will know you if you've only been in the game. Post on the forums when you can, state your opinions on your fellow applicants and be sure to see if there's any post where you could help other users out or where people might appreciate your input.

Showing yourself to the rest of the staff team is extremely useful, as when they get to know you better they'll also be more inclined to vote yes for you.

Be sure to go on Teamspeak often as well. We often talk there with each other and have a lot of fun. Showing yourself there will make everyone know you more and they'll thus be more inclined to vote yes for you.

Don't forget, it's not just about the application. Although the application is the first step you have to make to becoming staff, it isn't the only thing the staff team looks at in the meeting. Your application is obviously one of the most important aspects of applying - if you don't make one, you couldn't possibly ever get accepted - but they look at other things as well.

However, your application is simply the first thing people will see. Making sure that you have a good application can definitely be a good bonus, and plenty of people have been denied for making lacklustre applications.

Good luck!
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY) 5 years 9 months ago #964087

• Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

10 thank yous(GIVEAWAY) 5 years 9 months ago #964089