Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP *UPDATED*

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643569

Still find it funny how people try to get back the golden age

No one understands that it wont and cant fucking happen. So what make the server, make it exactly how it was in the golden age but guess what you mugs it takes the people to make it the golden age. Some of these people are not here anymore so the golden age cant happen give up please and stop lying to yourselves as you look stupid...

Changed my mind -support as it wont work and you have 2 servers go work on them...
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4057
Login or register to post a reply.

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643570

Checked through most of the feedback, and it seems that people want something a little more to this. There are a few extra things in the server which I haven't yet added here, but I have also made some more additions / edits in order to better suit what people want. Will be updating the thread a little later today to include all of these additions, and some more ideas.

I have also spoken with DEADMONSTOR, and he will be helping with the development of the server, in order to make it easier, and avoid the issues of me not having time for the other things that I have to do in the community (I do feel that I would have time for all of this, but always better to be on the safe side).

A lot of people seem to think that this is a lot like FP, or that it is supposed to be an exact representation of ZARP in it's "golden days". This is meant to resemble what ZARP used to be only partially (ApoX was around back then, and he has been a key part in the ideas of what we can add), but it is meant to be a new server. Whilst we appreciate that, from this thread, it may seem pretty similar to what there is on FP, we can assure you that what we have (and what we will have once this has been developed on more) is definitely not going to be too similar to FP. We are hoping to be able to expand on this a lot more with what the community want, and we definitely don't want this to become a carbon copy of FP or any other DarkRP servers.

In regards to the staff team, as stated in the main thread, that is still subject to a lot of change. ApoX has been around in the community for a while, and is ex-staff on SSRP, and Fred Wroolie is currently staff on SSRP. Luki currently owns Murder alongside me, and he has expressed an interest in this server, he is also ex-staff on SSRP and does still play on it. I do, however, want to reiterate that the staff team is still subject to change.

Thank for for all of the feedback so far, and we welcome any more feedback / ideas.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfi

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643573

TheXnator wrote:
Checked through most of the feedback, and it seems that people want something a little more to this. There are a few extra things in the server which I haven't yet added here, but I have also made some more additions / edits in order to better suit what people want. Will be updating the thread a little later today to include all of these additions, and some more ideas.

I have also spoken with DEADMONSTOR, and he will be helping with the development of the server, in order to make it easier, and avoid the issues of me not having time for the other things that I have to do in the community (I do feel that I would have time for all of this, but always better to be on the safe side).

A lot of people seem to think that this is a lot like FP, or that it is supposed to be an exact representation of ZARP in it's "golden days". This is meant to resemble what ZARP used to be only partially (ApoX was around back then, and he has been a key part in the ideas of what we can add), but it is meant to be a new server. Whilst we appreciate that, from this thread, it may seem pretty similar to what there is on FP, we can assure you that what we have (and what we will have once this has been developed on more) is definitely not going to be too similar to FP. We are hoping to be able to expand on this a lot more with what the community want, and we definitely don't want this to become a carbon copy of FP or any other DarkRP servers.

In regards to the staff team, as stated in the main thread, that is still subject to a lot of change. ApoX has been around in the community for a while, and is ex-staff on SSRP, and Fred Wroolie is currently staff on SSRP. Luki currently owns Murder alongside me, and he has expressed an interest in this server, he is also ex-staff on SSRP and does still play on it. I do, however, want to reiterate that the staff team is still subject to change.

Thank for for all of the feedback so far, and we welcome any more feedback / ideas.
BULLSHIT, YOU DIDN'T CONVINCE ME.
LET ME SEE YOUR REAL WAR FACE.
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643578

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Keep the replies constructive and calm please :)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643580

TheXnator wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Keep the replies constructive and calm please :)

Keep the servers well maintained and get badges please :)
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643629

I read the whole post again, it's more closer to a full vanilla RP server than a semi-vanilla.
Gang system you say the upgrades won't be OP and make an example of higher money capacity, what does that mean? And how it would be useful, gang experience is just a really bad idea and exploitable.
You don't mention any basing or raiding mechanics which is one of the core of SSRP, before they introduced explosives bases were hard, nearly impossible to raid and since you mention on not using any extra OP weapons I would like to know how you guys will balance that.
M9K weaponry is boring and plain I would recommend going with something a little bit more realistic like CW2.0.
There's also no benefits by putting a level requirement for jobs. (Leveling system like the gang one will be also easy to exploit).
And what will happen if everyone has ton of money and nothing to do like on the current RP servers? From what I can see now there are no money sinks. Levelling system is useless, this is not an MMO and would just bring more confusion to new players. There are tons of servers like that you can join a random DarkRP server and it will have everything you wrote, there are no custom made contents. Also how is a Jet gun op smh.
Why don't you try go asking old members that were active 24/7 in the "golden age"
Also I would love to see HL2RP suggestion accepted :/
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by pigskin.

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643636

just go to ssrp nerf explosives buff all weapons nerf suits and buff printers to make it even with mining and done
  • Diego
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 407
~

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643650

Vapor Wizowd wrote:
Blocked wrote:
Also, I think the lead team you have picked is incompetent, no other way to say it, I don't believe Fred was LT on any of ZARP's servers, plus he was caught breaking rules not too long ago, mistake or not, it happened, I have never heard of neither Apox nor Luki either, but based on what others have said in this thread, Luki doesn't even play SSRP?
From my knowledge, Luki was SSRP admin but resigned, and Apox isn't staff on any server.

ApoX is an ex-ssrp admin also
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643706

2 of the 3 people you chose as LT have no experience of being LT , let alone Head Admin.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by RFlex.

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643716

AA RFLeX wrote:
2 of the 3 people you chose as LT have no experience of being LT , let alone Head Admin.

As I have previously stated, the staff team is very much still subject to change
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643723

If this is accepted I swear to fuck if they add fucking booster packs to it I will be pissed...
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643732

Changes have been made in terms of staffing. More changes will be made soon.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643738

Since I was also interested in doing this a few months ago, I've been and will continue to help Xnator make a server that will have a great feel for the older players, and new ones too. I've got a great deal of experience in ZARP RP, as I joined back in August 2013.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643742

Morgan wrote:
Since I was also interested in doing this a few months ago, I've been and will continue to help Xnator make a server that will have a great feel for the older players, and new ones too. I've got a great deal of experience in ZARP RP, as I joined back in August 2013.

Mans tryin to get another LT badge

Edit - This was a joke, Morgan got offended thinking I was attacking him
  • Sada.
  • Mythical Boarder
  • Confused and disgusted by the ban
  • Thanks received: 3850
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Sada..

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643754

Regardless of what everyone is saying, I think this is will be a very difficult server to get accepted by the Community Team. Mainly, accepted by Chute and EMP. From the ~10 years of Friendly Players and ~5 years of Zarp under their administration I don't believe there has ever been a DarkRP server launched that wasn't their gamemode. Maybe they'll give you a shot, but this is a massive project you're undertaking. Best of luck.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Viking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper, TheXnator

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643804

Forgot to give critique.

A Semi-Vanilla server in most peoples heads are a copy of what the server looked like around 2015 before the summer update. However what you're presenting with the character leveling up's etc would basically be rather similar to FP and not Zarp which would potentially lead to a dead server (if you look into the current FP server).
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643811

Player levelling has been removed, caused too many issues / didn't make much sense.

The levelling is going to be more focused around gangs, rather than creating one man armies.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643821

lol wtf
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643823

Tyler Durden wrote:
lol wtf

Constructive posting & feedback with Tyler xD
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #643833

Aspect wrote:
However what you're presenting with the character leveling up's etc would basically be rather similar to FP and not Zarp which would potentially lead to a dead server (if you look into the current FP server).
FP's content is not what killed off the server. A lot went into it. The XP system and other content is what kept it going.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellsdevil
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

164 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1