Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP *UPDATED*

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP *UPDATED* 6 years 9 months ago #642889

I have recently been putting a lot of time into the creation of a Semi-Vanilla SSRP server for the ZARP Gaming community. The community has been complaining a lot recently because they all want a Vanilla / Semi-Vanilla server where people are not quite so OP, but nobody ever came forwards with a proper suggestion / the willingness to actually create the server, so I decided that it would be a good idea to start working on this, as the community wanted it and it could help to bring in new players, keep current players and to bring back some old players, as it would bring more variety into the gameplay, and give player's a chance to get a fresh start and not have the prospect of people with insanely OP weapons and suits.

This thread is to give some information on the ideas / plans of this suggestion, and to also gather some of the community's opinions as to what they think would be good to add / remove.

Please note: There is still a lot of room for improvement on this suggestion, and we are still looking for more ideas for what could be added to make the server the best possible, so if you have any more ideas, please leave a reply outlining what you would like to see.

In terms of the actual gamemode itself, it has been created using the base of FPtje's DarkRP gamemode, which I have edited quite a bit in order to create the best possible experience for everyone ingame. Many of the edits made have been to improve some minor gameplay systems, to add in some new jobs, adding custom printers, and to add in other, larger systems, which will be covered in more detail later on in this thread.

We will be using an edited version of the mGangs system on the server (using the base of the addon edited heavily to make it a lot more custom to the server and to fit with into the server smoothly), which will allow users to create gangs and level up those gangs, unlocking new gang features (no OP gameplay features, just things like higher gang money capacity, more player slots, etc), and allowing users to access features such as their gang inventory. These gangs will be a nice addition, similarly to the SSRP gangs on the existing servers, but the available gang addons will not be as OP, and in order to get upgrades, the gang will have to be a high enough level - gangs gain EXP in order to level up in various ways, such as new users joining the gang. This system will include some very nice features, including a well designed and user-friendly UI, features to add custom ranks to gangs, edit permissions for those ranks, and much more.

Of course, there would have to at least be some form of VIP benefits on the server. We will be including features such as some improved jobs for VIP and improved printers, similar to what we have now on SSRP. It would be counter-productive to make the VIP benefits too OP, as the purpose of this server would be to stop everyone from being completely OP, but we also want people to be able to justify buying VIP. More benefits for VIP may be added once we have more ideas.

We will be using M9K weaponry on the server, without any of the overly OP weapons added, just the more simple weapons. Different weapons will be given to different jobs, and users will also be able to buy more weapons through the purchasing of weapons shipments, very similar to the current way that it works. We will not be adding in any of the extra OP weapons which are on the current SSRP servers (T-Gun, Jet Gun, Gluon Gun etc), as that would completely ruin the entire purpose of the server.

Here is a brief outline of each of the jobs that will be on the server (more may be added):

Job Name: Citizen
Job Description: The Citizen is the most basic level of society you can hold besides being a hobo. You have no specific role in city life.
Job Weapons: N/A
Job Requirements: N/A

Job Name: Civil Protection
Job Description: The protector of every citizen that lives in the city. You have the power to arrest criminals and protect innocents.
Job Weapons: Arrrest / Unarrest Baton, Glock, Stun Baton, Door Ram, Weapon Checker

Job Name: Civil Protection Chief
Job Description: The Chief is the leader of the Civil Protection unit. Coordinate the police force to enforce law in the city.
Job Weapons: Arrrest / Unarrest Baton, Desert Eagle, Stun Baton, Door Ram, Weapon Checker
Job Requirements: Must already be Civil Protection.

Job Name: Mayor
Job Description: The Mayor of the city creates laws to govern the city. If you are the mayor you may create and accept warrants.

Job Name: SWAT
Job Description: Your job is the same as Civil Protection. You have more weaponry at your disposal to help contain criminals.
Job Weapons: Arrrest / Unarrest Baton, Desert Eagle, Glock, Dragunov, Stun Baton, Door Ram, Weapon Checker
Job Requirements: Must be VIP

Job Name: Medic
Job Description: With your medical knowledge you work to restore players to full health.
Job Weapons: Medic Kit
Job Requirements: Must be level 5

Job Name: Hobo
Job Description: The lowest member of society. Everybody laughs at you.
Job Weapons: Bug Bait

Job Name: Gun Dealer
Job Description: A Gun Dealer is the only person who can sell guns to other people. Make sure you aren't caught selling illegal firearms to the public! You might get arrested!

Job Name: Hitman
Job Description: Complete hits to earn money.
Job Weapons: Desert Eagle
Job Requirements: Must be level 10

Job Name: Black Market Dealer
Job Description: A black market dealer works in the black market. You have access to more contacts than others, so you can make money in more ways, such as bitcoin mining.

Job Name: Gangster
Job Description: The lowest person of crime. A gangster generally works for the Mob Boss who runs the crime family.

Job Name: Mob Boss
Job Description: The Mob boss is the boss of the criminals in the city.
Job Weapons: Lockpick, Unarrest Baton
Job Requirements: Must be level 25

The staff team on the server will follow the same hierarchy and application process as the rest of the other servers:

Moderator > Administrator > Super Administrator > Head Administrator > Server Owner > Community Team

This is our current plan for the staff team of the server (subject to change):

Server Owners - TheXnator
Head Administrators - TBD
Super Administrators - TBD
Administrators - TBD
Moderators - TBD

If you are interested in helping out, then please contact me.

Obviously, we will need to have rules in place on the server. Here is a list of all of our current rules (subject to change):

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by TheXnator.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria, Yachty, Wolfi, JoeyRecon

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642893

I am just messing around.
People seem to want this, and I have no idea how it is.
But I think it would be a good server.
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Wolfi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642908

The communities pretty much have this already, just no one plays it.
:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by SoraJS.

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642909

I'm going to come off like a massive cunt saying this, assuming you're trying to make the server similar to how it used to be this will make sense, if you're going for something different please ignore what I've said totally.

But to my knowledge you never played back in the 'golden days' so it would make no sense for you to be running this server.

You could end up running this server and it being COMPLETELY fine, but you own two servers, which I'd of thought would be enough, and you're the only person to have actually presented developers and a staff team and have a set idea of where this is going.

:neutralsp:
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Nafe. Reason: Used wrong code.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, TheXnator

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642910

Sounds good to me.
But please, do not put the PSG-1 in the actual weapon pool. Or if you do try to greatly decrease it's efficiency. So we can actualy have some variety in what weapons peoples.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator, xInsaneSamurai

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642914

You really need someone who was actually around back in the "golden days" for development. Currently this looks nothing like what everyone's asking for, but it's a strong effort.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642916

let this happen :D would love to be a part of this
  • JoeyRecon
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 自閉症
  • Thanks received: 414
Bring back ROY
Xnator i want LM back
Ex-Legendary Member
Ex-Head Admin Murder
Ex-Super Admin SSRP
Ex-BHOP Admin x3
Ex-Teamspeak Staff

Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by JoeyRecon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642917

I don't wanna be that guy, but you already own two servers? Focus on those ones, please, rather than a new server.

Although a lot of people do seem really interested in this.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, SwiiFTz

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642919

Raeker wrote:
I don't wanna be that guy, but you already own two servers? Focus on those ones, please, rather than a new server.

Although a lot of people do seem really interested in this.

Get some help from others I think would be better.

*Whistles*
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator, Raeker

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642920

Good idea but let someone else do it.

Someone who has been around for fucking years but more importantly someone who was around in the golden age.

:support: FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO OWN!
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4054
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, SwiiFTz

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642922

Yes but not by you
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642924

I hate the current state of ALL darkrp servers filled with vapes and useless addons that don't contribute to RP. This needs to happen but given to the right people (not one person sorry, not one person can have all that power.).
:support:
  • Zax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 98

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642925

Honestly just seems like FP to me, the levelling system in particular.

The main issue with your suggestion is that there is nothing really unique about it compared to the thousand of other DarkRP servers; there's no new content, the game mode just seems plain and dumb-downed version of SSRP and it's just... meh.

For one there's little to nothing to work towards, maybe some items and gang upgrades but that's what I can really see to it.
Secondly it's just a carbon-copy of every other DarkRP server that was made in about 10mins; there is nothing that will attract people other than the "Zarp" logo.
And thirdly your reasoning behind making this is so people can have a fresh start without "OP weapons and suits" while most people actually want some sort of RP to exist on Zarp (hence the multiple suggestions for RP related servers rather than another DarkRP one.)

Also slightly off topic, focus on the 2 other servers you have, make some new content for it rather than taking it from the steam workshop to give people a reason to keep coming back.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, Raeker

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642928

:support:
This would be great for Zarp. I've been waiting for this and I really hope it gets accepted.
  • xInsaneSamurai
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dddddd
  • Thanks received: 623
18-7-17

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642938

Too everyone saying let someone else own it. Or you weren't here for the golden age. This isn't meant to be a re-creation of the 'golden age' this is meant to be what it is. Also the only people who make a suggestion like this just put ideas down. Xnator is actually trying put this together. How about rather than saying negative comments give the man some ideas since all of you were in the 'golden age'.
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, TheXnator

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642946

I'll put my input in a slightly more detailed comment. Why make another server which is extremely similar to :fp: DarkRP rather than work to revive the current :fp: server? Nearly everything you listed aside from M9K is already on :fp:. I strongly don't believe an extremely similar server to :fp: DarkRP should be made due to us already having a server you described but just listed under the sister community's name.
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642954

Please no not M9K
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642955

Although only the first few polling results are in I'l quickly point out that this proves a previous point made:

It doesn't matter who the owner is, people vote yes on servers that they like to play.

So the argument that Murder and Prophunt got a lot of no votes because Xnator owns it is false - Xnator owns this server yet seemingly a lot of people are still interested in it.

Sounds like a good, solid idea too - I just feel like you're asking too much of yourself, Xnator. You have Prophunt and its doing great. You have Murder and its doing great. Yet you got TTT HA and although you do your job you haven't had your activity for a while.

Not making any judgements here - you've told me multiple times that you'll get it back up. I will assume that inbetween this and Murder you simply couldn't find the time, so once this is setup you should have good activity on TTT once again.

That's what I hope, anyways - either way owning three servers is quite a big responsibility and I don't think anyone should hold such power. Nothing personal, of course.

Good luck.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, DEADMONSTOR, Wolfi

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642966

I would be happy to assist anyway I can!
  • Patriot
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Freedom is the sovereign right of every American.
  • Thanks received: 283

[Server Suggestion] Semi-Vanilla SSRP 6 years 9 months ago #642976

Grand Wizowd wrote:
I'm going to come off like a massive cunt saying this, assuming you're trying to make the server similar to how it used to be this will make sense, if you're going for something different please ignore what I've said totally.

But to my knowledge you never played back in the 'golden days' so it would make no sense for you to be running this server.

You could end up running this server and it being COMPLETELY fine, but you own two servers, which I'd of thought would be enough, and you're the only person to have actually presented developers and a staff team and have a set idea of where this is going.

:neutralsp:

Thanks for the feedback, speaking about those golden days I used to play back in early-mid 2014, I'm not saying I knew how to run a server back then but I had an idea of what fun was like on ZARP. Plus I got some help from some even older players. And, we aren't trying to make the exact replica of how ZARP used to be, yes it is similar, but from all these super suits & super explosive weapons some people just feel the need of some good old semi-vanilla.
  • Aria
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • kris and ali are studs
  • Thanks received: 411

ApeX. Pennybomber, Muhammed Ali, Kodi, Roy Harper, Helari, Kris Dude, BiWx, Micky, Strafing, Grumpy, Gamesys, Klaprefot, B4nQk0k, Seraphian, AceInsidious, VeGoVeVo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, TheXnator
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

278 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop