No backstabbing

For which server is the suggestion?
DarkRp

How would it benefit the server:
More fun for everyone!

Potential Issues/Exploits:
None

Additional notes:

Backstabbing is not fun for anyone, Chutes/Emps word really touched me "Who enjoys being scammed? Simple anwser nobody. Nobody enjoys losing their hard earned items to some shady sleaze bag". So I totaly agree to it any you should not be allowed to backstab anyone for their printers cause it's a sense the same thing as scamming just in another way. You could argue it's apart of the game but since backstabbers just destroy the printers it's just a loss for everyone.

edit: tldr; backstabbing is the same thing as scamming so therefore it should not be allowed either!
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588279

Support+
  • vitx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 308
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588284

+ Support!
:zarp: NEEDS THIS!
  • GoaliE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Wannabe Magic Mike"
  • Thanks received: 9

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588285

Aw hell yeah
:plussp: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588286

Moved for you
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588288

''plussp''
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588291

No. This is a big part of DarkRP. Trusting people is a risk you take when basing, and you learn over time who you consider to be friends and who you cannot trust.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588295

Viking wrote:
No. This is a big part of DarkRP. Trusting people is a risk you take when basing, and you learn over time who you consider to be friends and who you cannot trust.

Why would backstabbing be allowed if scamming isn't? Cause it's as said before the same thing,
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588297

More controversial stuff has been implemented.
:plussp:
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Zarp Trusted.

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588298

No , its "Semi-Seroius Roleplay" , in real life betrayal is real , the game would'nt be as fun without the betreyal aspect .
  • bortchy
  • Senior Boarder
  • cool
  • Thanks received: 32

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588299

Jenga wrote:
More controversial stuff has been implemented.

Don't forget to vote! Every vote counts to make this happen.
Chaotic wrote:
No , its "Semi-Seroius Roleplay" , in real life betrayal is real , the game would'nt be as fun without the betreyal aspect .

Same with scamming but that got removed for the that reason
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588300

hey man if you backstab me you get banned.
hey man if you scan me you get banned.
same thing
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588301

Aspect wrote:
Viking wrote:

Why would backstabbing be allowed if scamming isn't? Cause it's as said before the same thing,
In my eyes they're two very different things. For example, doing a coinflip for $1,000,000, losing, and not paying is a scam. Raiding a base from within by stealing money, blowing up other people's items, etc. is a major part of the DarkRP gamemode and especially basing. Just because you let the wrong person into your base doesn't mean that person should be punished administratively, it's fun and it keeps people on their toes.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
The following user(s) said Thank You: RandomdudeDK

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588314

Viking wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Viking wrote:

In my eyes they're two very different things. For example, doing a coinflip for $1,000,000, losing, and not paying is a scam. Raiding a base from within by stealing money, blowing up other people's items, etc. is a major part of the DarkRP gamemode and especially basing. Just because you let the wrong person into your base doesn't mean that person should be punished administratively, it's fun and it keeps people on their toes.

Who enjoys being scammed? Simple anwser nobody. Nobody enjoys losing their hard earned items to some shady sleaze bag".

This is what was written on my other suggestion by the one who locked the debate. Now why would backstabbing be allowed if scamming isn't. This is like orange and apple juice; some prefer it and some don't. Either way in my eyes it's the same thing and the poll says the same. But I respect your opinion even though it's not as relevant since the following arguments applies to both scamming and backstabbing:

* You can't trust anyone
* If you're not careful you can lose important items
* No one likes being the victim of losing the items
* etc

So again why is backstabbing a thing if scamming isn't. It's technically the same thing: Earn someones trust and then turn behind their back which is basically the definition of scamming/backstabbing in a small sentence. Only difference between scamming and backstabbing is that scamming only ruins the fun for 1 guy while backstabbing could screw a whole group up who was planning to base all night with their newly achieved printers but now they can't so in a sense backstabbing is potentially 10 times worse than scamming.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by catboy sven ツ. Reason: grammar

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588315

i like the song in your signature aspect
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588319

Aspect wrote:
Viking wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Viking wrote:

Who enjoys being scammed? Simple anwser nobody. Nobody enjoys losing their hard earned items to some shady sleaze bag".

This is what was written on my other suggestion by the one who locked the debate. Now why would backstabbing be allowed if scamming isn't. This is like orange and apple juice; some prefer it and some don't. Either way in my eyes it's the same thing and the poll says the same. But I respect your opinion even though it's not as relevant since the following arguments applies to both scamming and backstabbing:

* You can't trust anyone
* etc

So again why is backstabbing a thing if scamming isn't. It's technically the same thing: Earn someones trust and then turn behind their back which is basically the scammig/backstabbing in a small sentence.
What's the fun if you're not afraid to lose your items? Why does the staff team have to hold everybody's hands to protect their shit? Also, where is the line drawn? If I have you as a steam friend but take money out of your printer will I now be warned for backstabbing? The staff team isn't here to babysit everyone and make sure we're all best friends and not taking each other's shit. It's DarkRP, you lose your stuff sometimes and you work to make it back. Also, considering the server sees hundreds of players every day I don't think 10 people is a representative sample.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Viking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RandomdudeDK, ChummyXRay

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588321

Viking wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Viking wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Viking wrote:

* You can't trust anyone
* etc

So again why is backstabbing a thing if scamming isn't. It's technically the same thing: Earn someones trust and then turn behind their back which is basically the scammig/backstabbing in a small sentence.
What's the fun if you're not afraid to lose your items? Why does the staff team have to hold everybody's hands to protect their shit? Also, where is the line drawn? If I have you as a steam friend but take money out of your printer will I now be warned for backstabbing? The staff team isn't here to babysit everyone and make sure we're all best friends and not taking each other's shit. It's DarkRP, you lose your stuff sometimes and you work to make it back. Also, considering the server sees hundreds of players every day I don't think 10 people is a representative sample.

You lose your stuff by being stupid and being scammed, and that was disallowed .
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588326

Viking wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Viking wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Viking wrote:

* You can't trust anyone
* etc

If you don't have permission to take what's mine then you can't, so yes if it could be proven you just stole my money then you should be warned for it. I don't really know what's the fun of losing your items. You worked very hard for them and you shouldn't have to lose them because some slime decided to turn on your back. It may seem desperate but it's a valid argument against scamming so why is it not for backstabbing?
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588373

find the truth of the people basing with you.
:minussp:
  • dott
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 288

SSRP Suggestion No Backstabbing 6 years 10 months ago #588380

Looks like someone didn't like their other suggestion being denied. lol
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois