Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] New rdm rule suggestion

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258254

Kyber wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Kyber wrote:
The rule is you’re not allowed to ignore unidentified bodies, so if you didn’t try and go for them then someone who hasn’t seen that you’re proven may see that as a traitorous play

I could use your logic and then say that killing a confirmed innocent is traitor baiting and a traitorous play.
Yes, however there can always be a reason to kill them, such as them shooting you first, which would mean you are not committing a traitorous act. Yes he shouldn’t be killed if he’s confirmed, but I’m saying if someone new joins and doesn’t understand you’re proven or they haven’t paid attention to the game and sees you commit a traitorous act then you could be killed for it. Also by ‘confirmed twice’ I’m guessing this is from traitors as you would just say you have been tested innocent, so if the person hadn’t been tested then your point would be invalid as there is still a shadow of a doubt that the person could be a traitor

I don't care about different scenarios. I'm talking about this one scenario.

The Festive Potato:
I got tested by a detective and was called out as innocent in chat. I called out a kos on a traitor who got killed and id'ed.

He was tested by detective and then called out KOS on a traitor. He was with a group of 4 people. The "new player" is not new but a TTT moderator.

We all make mistakes, but the precedence breeds ignorance. On his report on "An", I said "An" should be more careful in the future and maybe talked to if possible. Yet it was locked without being useful. In addition, no rule such as this very specific one suggested should be added - it's more common sense and alertness.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Studio Banter.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258267

The rules have become kind of odd imo, i could be a traitor, go around in plain view and massacre 90 percent of the innocents in front of everyone whilst iding their bodies and saying in chat that they were t baiting to anyone who asks and the innocents cannot kill me without being at risk of a warn/verbal since it would according to rules be rulebreaking because I identified the body and stated a reason why when asked. which is slightly odd for a ttt server since your supposed to be stealthy and actually convince people your an innocent rather than using the rules to your advantage. Whilst on the other hand you can be killed for being remotely close to an unidentified body that you could have nothing to do with.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1298
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258279

I have something to say,i did it more by reflexes because of the rules,im sorry,but crying about it isn't going to make it better
  • An12854
  • Junior Boarder
  • Mentelgen
  • Thanks received: 17
Ex-TTT Moderator

Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by An12854.

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258280

Maddox wrote:
The rules have become kind of odd imo, i could be a traitor, go around in plain view and massacre 90 percent of the innocents in front of everyone whilst iding their bodies and saying in chat that they were t baiting to anyone who asks and the innocents cannot kill me without being at risk of a warn/verbal since it would according to rules be rulebreaking because I identified the body and stated a reason why when asked. which is slightly odd for a ttt server since your supposed to be stealthy and actually convince people your an innocent rather than using the rules to your advantage. Whilst on the other hand you can be killed for being remotely close to an unidentified body that you could have nothing to do with.
This is spot on to be perfect, in order to try and prevent chaos and rule break through restrictive rules the game is pretty much just a shell of itself, rather than being skillfull at the game you're better of having a deep understanding of the rules and using them to your advantage.

To the orignal post, is your suggestion that if you are proven innocent you should be exempt from being kosd for what would normally be considered a traitorous act (withing reason) because if so I +support, if you're proven innocent and do not id a body how does this justify killing them? and this only adds oppurtinity for a tratior to kill a proven innocent in plain site with no repercussions.
An12854 wrote:
I have something to say,i did it more by reflexes because of the rules,im sorry,but crying about it isn't going to make it better
Also how is 90% of the TTT staff team attitude so awful.
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Lewis_is_java.

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258281

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Maddox wrote:
This is spot on to be perfect, in order to try and prevent chaos and rule break through restrictive rules the game is pretty much just a shell of itself, rather than being skillfull at the game you're better of having a deep understanding of the rules and using them to your advantage.

To the orignal post, is your suggestion that if you are proven innocent you should be exempt from being kosd for what would normally be considered a traitorous act (withing reason) because if so I +support, if you're proven innocent and do not id a body how does this justify killing them? and this only adds oppurtinity for a tratior to kill a proven innocent in plain site with no repercussions.
An12854 wrote:
Also how is 90% of the TTT staff team attitude so awful.

The account who made this post got banned for a while for disrespect to staff during a staff report: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/report-ab...tt-report-for-rdm-on
  • An12854
  • Junior Boarder
  • Mentelgen
  • Thanks received: 17
Ex-TTT Moderator

Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by An12854.

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258287

Maddox wrote:
my man if u just say " i watched them all the time and they did nothing wrong to be killed " then its a pass to not get punished.
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258467

Maddox wrote:

The rules should be more unclear but this is completely wrong. Use common sense, if they kill one person perhaps two at a stretch then they could have a valid reason to kill them but if they go around butchering everyone then its clear that they are a t so you can kill them.
  • Ezz
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 Buffy
  • Thanks received: 77

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258469

Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:

The rules should be more unclear but this is completely wrong. Use common sense, if they kill one person perhaps two at a stretch then they could have a valid reason to kill them but if they go around butchering everyone then its clear that they are a t so you can kill them.
You’d think it would be common sense but as multiple lead team members have clarified you can’t kill someone purely based on them killing an innocent. you have to ask for a reason why they did so or just gather more evidence like “did they I’d the body” Whether the victim was proven etc. There is no valid kos reason stated in the rules nor has there been one stated by a staff member including killing multiple people whilst following the criteria I mentioned.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258489

Maddox wrote:
Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:

You’d think it would be common sense but as multiple lead team members have clarified you can’t kill someone purely based on them killing an innocent. you have to ask for a reason why they did so or just gather more evidence like “did they I’d the body” Whether the victim was proven etc. There is no valid kos reason stated in the rules nor has there been one stated by a staff member including killing multiple people whilst following the criteria I mentioned.

There are valid reasons to kill a proven innocent tho like if they shoot near you cause otherwise people are just gonna fuck with you when they're proven. I do agree parts of the rule should be changed and proven people should be allowed to use kosed hs, hold t weps without saing etc. Some staff seem to use the rules like they're made by god but they should be used with a bit of common sense.The rules could be more clear but at the end of the day use confused common sense and if ur confused ask a decent staff member or make a forum post.
  • Ezz
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 Buffy
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Ezz.

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258495

Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:

There are valid reasons to kill a proven innocent tho like if they shoot near you cause otherwise people are just gonna fuck with you when they're proven. I do agree parts of the rule should be changed and proven people should be allowed to use kosed hs, hold t weps without saing etc. Some staff seem to use the rules like they're made by god but they should be used with a bit of common sense.The rules could be more clear but at the end of the day use confused common sense and if ur confused ask a decent staff member or make a forum post.
Yh ofc there are valid reasons to kill a proven inno, I’m honestly not sure that if you state it in chat you can still be kosed for it or not since it could be seen as on par with killing a detective as they were both proven innocent indefinitely. As For the second part, you keep saying “use common sense” of which I don’t know what your getting at, the rules are extremely unclear and contradicting but using common sense isn’t going to magically invent a new rule. I have yet to hear see or read anything official contradicting the scenario I suggested in my first post.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258506

Maddox wrote:
Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:

Yh ofc there are valid reasons to kill a proven inno, I’m honestly not sure that if you state it in chat you can still be kosed for it or not since it could be seen as on par with killing a detective as they were both proven innocent indefinitely. As For the second part, you keep saying “use common sense” of which I don’t know what your getting at, the rules are extremely unclear and contradicting but using common sense isn’t going to magically invent a new rule. I have yet to hear see or read anything official contradicting the scenario I suggested in my first post.

Don't understand the first bit and I'm getting at if something isn't explicit said in the rules but is implied then assume its true and if ur confused ask a member of staff. Some parts of the rules aren't great and should be clearer ,especially the rdm rule, but the rules aren't extremely unclear and contradicting , if you are unclear on any parts of the rules you are more than welcome to ask or make a suggestion for those rules to be cleared up rather then just generalizing which doesn't help anyone.
  • Ezz
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 Buffy
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Ezz.

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258509

Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Ezz wrote:
Maddox wrote:

Don't understand the first bit and I'm getting at if something isn't explicit said in the rules but is implied then assume its true and if ur confused ask a member of staff. Some parts of the rules aren't great and should be clearer ,especially the rdm rule, but the rules aren't extremely unclear and contradicting , if you are unclear on any parts of the rules you are more than welcome to ask or make a suggestion for those rules to be cleared up rather then just generalizing which doesn't help anyone.
First bit was a response to the first part of your previous response, don’t see how it’s confusing but Yh. Also, could you please address the part of my post regarding how what you said wasn’t common sense or stated anywhere in the rules or by anyone else.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258514

I just read threw that sentence and I dont even want to look back to understand it as it seems to be too much effort.
:neutralsp:
  • Skript
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 263

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1258679

Let's keep this thread on topic! If this gets out of hand again I will have to lock the thread. Thank you :)
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1874
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nay, Davidov007, Insanity, An12854

[TTT] New rdm rule suggestion 3 years 7 months ago #1259493

We discussed this suggestion during the Lead Team meeting and it was denied
Thank you for your suggestion

:denied:
  • Nay