All servers
Suggestion Title:
Updating hacking policy
How would it benefit the server:
Less hackers and more happy zarp players
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None
Additional notes:
So today and yesterday I have already seen up to 5 accounts hacking (aimbot bhop scripting, and spinbotting) It is really hard for admins to just look and do nothing while they have the powers to ban the hackers and the whole server is getting mad about the hacker. so my suggestion is to give perms to the admins again for banning hackers. The admins need video proof for the LT to show them this ban is valid and maybe train admins to learn how to deal with hackers? and show admins and moderators while they getting trained the hacking policy to what to do and ask what they need to do when they come across a hacker within the servers.
  • Happy
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dutch guy
  • Thanks received: 259
Ranks:
-Ex Deathrun Admin
-Ex Community Council Member
-Ex SSRP Admin
-Ex Surf Moderator
-Ex Jailbreak Admin

The topic has been locked.

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214721

i mean admins have powers to ban last time i checked
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1225
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214722

The problem with this is that getting admin rank isnt hard at all.
The pure amount of players you would see getting banned for no reason due to a mad or power hungry admin would be insane. Keep it as SA+. They deserve it.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1634
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: maybedovahkitty

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214723

The hacking policy will not be changed. I attempted to have it changed when I was LT/CM it didn't happen. I can see both sides of the argument. the best thing to do is just ban them for a hour when they rdm. they will soon get bored.
  • jack bushross
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 4929
SSRP- Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, Micky

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214724

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
The pure amount of players you would see getting banned for no reason due to a mad or power hungry admin would be insane. Keep it as SA+. They deserve it.

so you get raided by a hacker would be funny when the LT needs to vote at the end of the week about this guy destroys the fun for new players?
  • Happy
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dutch guy
Ranks:
-Ex Deathrun Admin
-Ex SSRP Admin
-Ex Surf Moderator
-Ex Jailbreak Admin

Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Happy.

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214725

Just because they are using cheats doesn't mean you can't punish them for the other rules they may be breaking, if possible gather evidence and pass it on to the Lead Team and from there the punishments will be extended.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3532

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk, OnionRings, .uzi, TheXnator

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214726

I feel like it’s fine how it is, there just needs to be a change for spinbotting lol, you pretty much just have to watch them do it and wait for them to break other rules. I feel like you should be able to perma ban someone for clearly spinbotting (WITH EVIDENCE) and then during the LT meeting, it will be decided if the ban is valid or not, If not it gets removed. But it would be really difficult for an admin to know if someone is cheating (since they cannot anticheat). The only way an admin can tell 100% that someone is cheating would be when they are blatantly spinbotting, so I feel like the way I mentioned would be a better solution.

Regarding what dovah said: Admins cannot punish people for hacking, only Super Admins and higher can.
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Lefty..

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214730

bro you are suggesting something that is already a thing no need to say this when it happens but i really don't
  • Rittsu
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 334

EX - Surf Super Admin
EX - TTT Admin X2
EX - Deathrun Admin
EX - Minecraft Mod

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214731

Hiro. wrote:
I feel like it’s fine how it is, there just needs to be a change for spinbotting lol, you pretty much just have to watch them do it and wait for them to break other rules. I feel like you should be able to perma ban someone for clearly spinbotting (WITH EVIDENCE) and then during the LT meeting, it will be decided if the ban is valid or not, If not it gets removed. But it would be really difficult for an admin to know if someone is cheating (since they cannot anticheat). The only way an admin can tell 100% that someone is cheating would be when they are blatantly spinbotting, so I feel like the way I mentioned would be a better solution.

Regarding what dovah said: Admins cannot punish people for hacking, only Super Admins and higher can.
i mean if they admit you should be able to ban idk tho
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214732

I think there must be a way to let admins help more towards the server that's why I made this suggestion in the first place
  • Happy
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dutch guy
Ranks:
-Ex Deathrun Admin
-Ex SSRP Admin
-Ex Surf Moderator
-Ex Jailbreak Admin

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214733

maybedovahkitty wrote:
Hiro. wrote:

You still can’t, I got talked to about a year ago for kicking someone that admitted to cheating (they were spinbotting)
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214734

Hiro. wrote:
maybedovahkitty wrote:
Hiro. wrote:

You still can’t, I got talked to about a year ago for kicking someone that admitted to cheating (they were spinbotting)
oh shit that sucks they should change it like if they admit to cheating you can ban/kcik
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214736

Hiro. wrote:

Hacking is always a kick first anyways but if they are spin botting they are most likely mass rdming and you are able to deal with that.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214737

Sefa kinda gay tbh
  • Knuthulhu
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Thanks received: 213

ex Surf & Bhop Server Owner

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214742

Sally wrote:
Just because they are using cheats doesn't mean you can't punish them for the other rules they may be breaking, if possible gather evidence and pass it on to the Lead Team and from there the punishments will be extended.
This is the best way to deal with people using cheats on our servers - if they are not breaking other rules with their cheats however, you must stick to the policy and I doubt it will ever be changed.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2443
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, TheXnator

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214772

If done properly this might work but it would take so much effort and eventually it will go wrong.
:minussp:
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
  • Thanks received: 1549
a

3^ the Serb
JayHouse on top forever, fuck around and find out :)
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214774

Happy wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:

so you get raided by a hacker would be funny when the LT needs to vote at the end of the week about this guy destroys the fun for new players?

lol. you dont need a hacker to destroy fun for new players the server itself and certain gangs do that already
  • Hungry Santa
  • Legendary Member
  • Gib me dat shit for free
  • Thanks received: 4086

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214777

Happy wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:

Literally any admin that care about how Zarp's doing would already take action and ban or jail the kid to discourage him from coming back again.
Don't tell me theres never admins on, there's always staff on, nuance is they don't give a fucking shit about f1's being made, they are too busy nuking or doing dumb shit.
  • steeve ho you fat
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2655
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spectrum

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214779

What could be done is this....
Add a button to the tab menu (Request anticheat). This would be for admins+. With this the user who requests it will not have access to viewing it. It will post it into a private discord or on a third party website ran by Zarp. The only people who will have access to this will be sa+ as usual. From this the Admin+ wont be able to see methods or the screengrabs itself. Meaning nothing will be leaked. After being reviewed the sa+ can tell the admin to ban them if they have visuals.
  • jack bushross
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 4929
SSRP- Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, schnitzel nazi, Micky

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214781

jack bushross wrote:
What could be done is this....
Add a button to the tab menu (Request anticheat). This would be for admins+. With this the user who requests it will not have access to viewing it. It will post it into a private discord or on a third party website ran by Zarp. The only people who will have access to this will be sa+ as usual. From this the Admin+ wont be able to see methods or the screengrabs itself. Meaning nothing will be leaked. After being reviewed the sa+ can tell the admin to ban them if they have visuals.

Genius! That is a really good system.
  • Happy
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dutch guy
Ranks:
-Ex Deathrun Admin
-Ex SSRP Admin
-Ex Surf Moderator
-Ex Jailbreak Admin