Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [All servers] Updating hacking policy

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214791

Sally wrote:
Just because they are using cheats doesn't mean you can't punish them for the other rules they may be breaking, if possible gather evidence and pass it on to the Lead Team and from there the punishments will be extended.
This is true, but this does not apply to all servers, like prop hunt, where players can very blatantly cheating, and still no reason to ban them. This even happened when I was Head Admin, the only thing I could do was sit there and watch getting evidence, as nothing showed up on the anti cheat but they were very blatantly cheating. It pretty much ruined the server from anyone else at the time and I was messaged by multiple admins between that time and the meeting to which I couldn’t do anything, as there are literally no rules to break on prop hunt unless you’re blocking or do something offensive in chat.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2620

Legendary Member

The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chespin

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214802

in my head I'm imagining a few admins with perms to ban hackers and it's so funny it's stupid
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1337
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214806

Sally wrote:
Just because they are using cheats doesn't mean you can't punish them for the other rules they may be breaking, if possible gather evidence and pass it on to the Lead Team and from there the punishments will be extended.

Exactly what I said :clap:
  • Orang3
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm orange...
  • Thanks received: 430

Max: "I will never be CM banned feel free to quote this in the future"

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214849

jack bushross wrote:
What could be done is this....
Add a button to the tab menu (Request anticheat). This would be for admins+. With this the user who requests it will not have access to viewing it. It will post it into a private discord or on a third party website ran by Zarp. The only people who will have access to this will be sa+ as usual. From this the Admin+ wont be able to see methods or the screengrabs itself. Meaning nothing will be leaked. After being reviewed the sa+ can tell the admin to ban them if they have visuals.

Should be a policy about using this to stop aids people spamming it, also with the recent detection for meth that xnator has
this should greatly improve the experience for others.
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1144
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214955

Honestly, now that I read more on it. Judging on what others have said, I don't think that admins should be given the power, and the policy is fine as it is. If anything, the Super Admins+ just either need to be more active or more Lead team members are needed.

Nothing stops you from being able to gather some proof so that they get punished in the future :)

:minussp:
  • Evan123
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 153

-TTT Ex-Admin-
-Deathrun Ex-Head Admin-
-Ex-TeamSpeak Staff-
-Surf Ex-Mod-

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214956

Knuthulhu wrote:
Sefa kinda gay tbh
hey x
  • KrypticOG
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 685

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214957

Evan123 wrote:
Honestly, now that I read more on it. Judging on what others have said, I don't think that admins should be given the power, and the policy is fine as it is. If anything, the Super Admins+ just either need to be more active or more Lead team members are needed.

Nothing stops you from being able to gather some proof so that they get punished in the future :)

More lead team members will not help, the fact of the matter is that the cheats are not being detected efficiently enough, more of a development issue, not really anything to do with the amount of lead team a server has
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1144
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214959

luke_ wrote:
Evan123 wrote:

More lead team members will not help, the fact of the matter is that the cheats are not being detected efficiently enough, more of a development issue, not really anything to do with the amount of lead team a server has

I understand, well then I just go with the rest of my reply
  • Evan123
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 153

-TTT Ex-Admin-
-Deathrun Ex-Head Admin-
-Ex-TeamSpeak Staff-
-Surf Ex-Mod-
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1214970

• spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1215049

luke_ wrote:
jack bushross wrote:
Add a button to the tab menu (Request anticheat). This would be for admins+. With this the user who requests it will not have access to viewing it. It will post it into a private discord or on a third party website ran by Zarp. The only people who will have access to this will be sa+ as usual. From this the Admin+ wont be able to see methods or the screengrabs itself. Meaning nothing will be leaked. After being reviewed the sa+ can tell the admin to ban them if they have visuals.

Should be a policy about using this to stop aids people spamming it, also with the recent detection for meth that xnator has
this should greatly improve the experience for others.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :zarp: :clap: :clap:
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1634
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1215169

jack bushross wrote:

I have some plans for some improvements to the anticheat system to make it easier to catch hackers and have them be dealt with without the need for a Lead Team member to come ingame and deal with them!

For the time being, like Sally said, the fact that someone is cheating does not change the policies for when they break other rules - if someone is spinbotting, then that almost certainly means they're also Mass RDMing - you can ban them for that and let a LT member know when the ban expires so they can be a bit more vigilant in case they come back, though 99.9% of the time, they won't.

One of the main reasons that nobody, Admin, Lead Team or even Community Team, is allowed to say "hey they look like they're hacking, I'll just ban them on the spot" is the insane number of false punishments that this would lead to. Even if a policy were to say only for "obvious cheating", everyone has a different definition of what this is, and it would lead to people slowly trying to stretch this definition more and more, hence it has to be decided on in the Lead Team meeting by a majority vote under the meeting rules, so that we can scrutinise evidence properly and reach a decision as a team, rather than a single person deciding.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1215176

TheXnator wrote:
jack bushross wrote:

I have some plans for some improvements to the anticheat system to make it easier to catch hackers and have them be dealt with without the need for a Lead Team member to come ingame and deal with them!

For the time being, like Sally said, the fact that someone is cheating does not change the policies for when they break other rules - if someone is spinbotting, then that almost certainly means they're also Mass RDMing - you can ban them for that and let a LT member know when the ban expires so they can be a bit more vigilant in case they come back, though 99.9% of the time, they won't.

One of the main reasons that nobody, Admin, Lead Team or even Community Team, is allowed to say "hey they look like they're hacking, I'll just ban them on the spot" is the insane number of false punishments that this would lead to. Even if a policy were to say only for "obvious cheating", everyone has a different definition of what this is, and it would lead to people slowly trying to stretch this definition more and more, hence it has to be decided on in the Lead Team meeting by a majority vote under the meeting rules, so that we can scrutinise evidence properly and reach a decision as a team, rather than a single person deciding.
Imagine the amount of false bans!
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1215233

Train a deep learning algorithm with screenshots of people using esp! Then an admin could request an anticheat on a user, the screehshot would be fed through the algorithm, and a percentage certainty would be output. Say the percentage was above a certain threshold, send it to the LT to be dealt with!
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1185

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1215235

Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
Train a deep learning algorithm with screenshots of people using esp! Then an admin could request an anticheat on a user, the screehshot would be fed through the algorithm, and a percentage certainty would be output. Say the percentage was above a certain threshold, send it to the LT to be dealt with!
Dont be ridiculous, an active LT would be enough!
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[All servers] Updating hacking policy 4 years 5 months ago #1215247

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
Dont be ridiculous, an active LT would be enough!

Twas a joke!
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1185
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

138 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127