• Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Revert Defib change

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147440

Server Name:
TTt
Suggestion Title:
Reverting the defibrillator suggestion so that defibs drop
How would it benefit the server:
  • Provides a risk towards reviving players due to the fact that if you are caught/killed then a detective could be revived, helping the innocent team.
  • At the current moment, the defib is quite a low risk for a high reward, which honestly doesn’t seem reasonable.
  • Of course there’s the risk that people will revive traitors which could throw the round or revive innocents which will be able to ghost, however using such information would be against the rules and I’m pretty sure it would be fairly obvious if someone is doing that.
Potential Issues/Exploits:
innos reviving traitors or other innos to ghost
Additional notes:
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2620

Legendary Member

The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reversed, Sryzo JUKE Squatta

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147443

plussupport
  • BCAT
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future deathrun owner
  • Thanks received: 674
★Ex SSRP Admin★
★Ex Deathrun SuperAdmin★
★Ex Teamspeak/Discord Staff★
★Ex PropHunt/TTT Admin★

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147445

plussupport
  • Reversed
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 162

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147446

plussupport
  • Sryzo JUKE Squatta
  • Junior Boarder
  • ✓ Practice makes perfect ✓
  • Thanks received: 73
Mr. Asian Andy always harpoonED me :/
#BringbackEddieKurzeKevinandHarryRDMSquatta©™
(EX)TTT Moderator
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Sryzo JUKE Squatta.

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147450

Kyber wrote:
This was one of the main reasons for the change, but I understand where you are coming from with reverting it.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2235
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147454

Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
This was one of the main reasons for the change, but I understand where you are coming from with reverting it.
Regarding your point of innos checking logs on the other thread, iirc that’s not actually available to players who aren’t staff, and if staff have found out information through reports etc then they should be trusted enough to be able to hold that information and not to use it in the game.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147456

Just co ordinate the suicide bomb
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3911

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147457

Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Regarding your point of innos checking logs on the other thread, iirc that’s not actually available to players who aren’t staff, and if staff have found out information through reports etc then they should be trusted enough to be able to hold that information and not to use it in the game.
I meant damage logs
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147458

I was against this change in the first place but I understand why they changed it. I'm not sure whether I would like it to stay or not, but I am open to ether, depending on what others think
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3490

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147459

Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
I meant damage logs
Yeah, normal players can’t view the damage logs of the current round until a new one starts iirc.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147460

Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
I meant damage logs
Yeah, normal players can’t view the damage logs of the current round until a new one starts iirc.
Oh right, ignore me on that then! Ghosting is still an issue though
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Henny.

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147462

Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
I meant damage logs
I most definitely agree, it makes it more of a common issue but staff are there to deal with that. I’d consider it similar to normal ghosting occurring, you can’t really prevent it, however we have ways to deal with it.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147469

Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Henny wrote:
Kyber wrote:
I meant damage logs
I most definitely agree, it makes it more of a common issue but staff are there to deal with that. I’d consider it similar to normal ghosting occurring, you can’t really prevent it, however we have ways to deal with it.
Very true, I'll try to get this suggestion in next meeting and we can discuss it further.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147492

You can only use the defib once and not buy it again so it should be kept the way it is now since respawning a team mate is a very good utility for the Traitors.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Clarky.

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147495

Give Kyber temporary owner so he can revert this change and then fuck off back to the Midlands ;)
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1337
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147508

As the person who made the suggestion for it to be changed i guess i should respond to this.

• Provides a risk towards reviving players due to the fact that if you are caught/killed then a detective could be revived, helping the innocent team.
    There is already a pretty significant risk to using the defib, you have to stay over a body with no weapon out making it very obvious you are a traitor and if you run into the t room to do it you still have a chance to be KOSed. Even if you manage to pull off defibing a detective and they decide to not be a dick and just murder everyone they know is a traitor, what stops them just force testing them. You cant force someone to just pretend everything they saw while dead didnt happen, even if they dont do anything anyone would say is clear ghosting you will still play differently if you know someone is a traitor, which gives you an advantage that you otherwise would not have.

• At the current moment, the defib is quite a low risk for a high reward, which honestly doesn’t seem reasonable.
    Same as the first really but now that the flare gun has been added for detectives this point is slightly weakened as now the reward may not be as high because a lot of the traitors could have already been burned.

• Of course there’s the risk that people will revive traitors which could throw the round or revive innocents which will be able to ghost, however using such information would be against the rules and I’m pretty sure it would be fairly obvious if someone is doing that.
    Kind of already said it but again even if you go out of your way to not act on the information by not just killing the traitors it will still impact the way you play and provide an unfair advantage. If you know someone is a traitor you are going to be on edge around them and making sure are being extra careful so they dont kill you, seeing as traitors use stealth and surprise when trying to kill people quickly so they are not found this is kinda bs.

Also "I most definitely agree, it makes it more of a common issue but staff are there to deal with that. I’d consider it similar to normal ghosting occurring, you can’t really prevent it, however we have ways to deal with it." In this case you can actually prevent the ghosting if you prevent people from defibing innocents. While yeah it can be fun to defib innocents for the meme its not worth the massive potential rulebreaks and extra work for staff.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147513

Clarky wrote:
You can only use the defib once and not buy it again so it should be kept the way it is now since respawning a team mate is a very good utility for the Traitors.
However if you’re caught in the act, you’ve performed an act which could quite possibly double the force of the terrorists if you are last in the round. If you don’t succeed then there should be something which could be a negative towards the traitors. It makes the game more strategic, because you could consider that the traitors may not want a detective to be revived which could possibly force test the living to narrow down the traitors or even use their utility. With very little risk if you define in a secluded location, there needs to be a negative towards reviving teammates , which there isn’t rn
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147521

As the person who made the suggestion for it to be changed i guess i should respond to this.

There is already a pretty significant risk to using the defib, you have to stay over a body with no weapon out making it very obvious you are a traitor and if you run into the t room to do it you still have a chance to be KOSed. Even if you manage to pull off defibing a detective and they decide to not be a dick and just murder everyone they know is a traitor, what stops them just force testing them. You cant force someone to just pretend everything they saw while dead didnt happen, even if they dont do anything anyone would say is clear ghosting you will still play differently if you know someone is a traitor, which gives you an advantage that you otherwise would not have.
    i agree that standing over the body is actually a risk in itself, however most players aren’t stupid enough to do it openly in the map which is a would mean they get caught in the act. Of course if it is a recurring situation where detectives are using their testing powers to avoid this situation then they could be punished. Regarding the player knowing who the traitor is and having an advantage from that, the traitor will always have the first shot unless the innocent finds a valid reason to KOS them, which is an even larger advantage.

Same as the first really but now that the flare gun has been added for detectives this point is slightly weakened as now the reward may not be as high because a lot of the traitors could have already been burned.
    I doubt all the detectives would coordinate to burn every single traitors body as it would require multiple flare guns, however it could be something to take into consideration.

Kind of already said it but again even if you go out of your way to not act on the information by not just killing the traitors it will still impact the way you play and provide an unfair advantage. If you know someone is a traitor you are going to be on edge around them and making sure are being extra careful so they dont kill you, seeing as traitors use stealth and surprise when trying to kill people quickly so they are not found this is kinda bs.

However having the first shot will always be an advantage which the traitors bear if the inno does not have a valid reason.

Also "I most definitely agree, it makes it more of a common issue but staff are there to deal with that. I’d consider it similar to normal ghosting occurring, you can’t really prevent it, however we have ways to deal with it." In this case you can actually prevent the ghosting if you prevent people from defibing innocents. While yeah it can be fun to defib innocents for the meme its not worth the massive potential rulebreaks and extra work for staff.
Here i was kind of generalising it, there still needs to be a higher risk for such a large advantage and when I have played the server, I haven’t seen a single innocent defibbed and then causing problems from it. It seems to be far more uncommon than standard ghosting. For this to work you would need a traitor to die with a defib(a rare occurrence) and to have one of your buddies die, or someone would have to be traitor, which would be very easy to track whether they are ghosting as it would be illogical to even bother doing it if one is already a t. Also considering that most people don’t pay attention when they die and tab out, the chances of such a case occurring is very low.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147589

Honestly, why? We just changed it for the main reason being ghosting and such, why change it back? Miia pretty much summed it up for you.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 756
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

[TTT] Revert Defib change 5 years 2 months ago #1147599

IMO it should stay where it is now. The ghosting part is gone and it makes the T's less overpowered.
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1039
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

303 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127