Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Teamspeak 3] Suggestion

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964880

Raeker wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:
I'd just like to offer my opinion on this, without providing a final verdict. Personally, I believe that TS staff, along with TS Head Admins should use the public channels more, allowing them to interact with the wider community. I think it would make users feel better being able to directly interact with high ranking staff members without being moved. However, I also believe it to be impractical to force staff out of spacers for non staff related discussion. For example, if myself and Chute spent our time in public channels constantly, then we wouldn't get anything done cause we get nagged constantly. Obviously, we try to move around but it can be impractical.

Overall, I believe that this suggestion has some merit behind it, but may possibly need tweaking.
I believe Teamspeak staff especially should be implored not to immediately go into a spacer when it is not needed. However, I do not believe a rule is the correct solution to this issue. All of us want to be in a private discussion occasionally.

For example, I tend to play strategy games wih Slifer and Tony. It's extremely frustrating when random people join our channel to talk about anything that does not concern our game, and so we tend to sit in a spacer by our own. According to this rule we would not be allowed to and would instead have to leave the ZARP Teamspeak for another voice-chat service.

Like Captin I can definitely understand the merit in such a rule, but I don't think it is the correct solution. Instead it should come from a change in attitude in the Teamspeak staff members, which can only start from the people themselves. Everyone should join public channels more often - something we do actually do from time to time - and so increase the communication and connectivity between the regular users and the higher ranking staff.
I highly doubt the Teamspeak staff are mature enough to undergo this change in attitude without a rule being in place to be completely honest. They will just keep going as they are going and I don't think we should stop people from being in spacers if they are talking about something unrelated to ZARP but there are many times I get moved into spacers and they are not talking about anything important and don't require any privacy yet still use spacers for some reason.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1365
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964882

Gigareformed Denis wrote:
Raeker wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:
I'd just like to offer my opinion on this, without providing a final verdict. Personally, I believe that TS staff, along with TS Head Admins should use the public channels more, allowing them to interact with the wider community. I think it would make users feel better being able to directly interact with high ranking staff members without being moved. However, I also believe it to be impractical to force staff out of spacers for non staff related discussion. For example, if myself and Chute spent our time in public channels constantly, then we wouldn't get anything done cause we get nagged constantly. Obviously, we try to move around but it can be impractical.

Overall, I believe that this suggestion has some merit behind it, but may possibly need tweaking.
I believe Teamspeak staff especially should be implored not to immediately go into a spacer when it is not needed. However, I do not believe a rule is the correct solution to this issue. All of us want to be in a private discussion occasionally.

For example, I tend to play strategy games wih Slifer and Tony. It's extremely frustrating when random people join our channel to talk about anything that does not concern our game, and so we tend to sit in a spacer by our own. According to this rule we would not be allowed to and would instead have to leave the ZARP Teamspeak for another voice-chat service.

Like Captin I can definitely understand the merit in such a rule, but I don't think it is the correct solution. Instead it should come from a change in attitude in the Teamspeak staff members, which can only start from the people themselves. Everyone should join public channels more often - something we do actually do from time to time - and so increase the communication and connectivity between the regular users and the higher ranking staff.
I highly doubt the Teamspeak staff are mature enough to undergo this change in attitude without a rule being in place to be completely honest. They will just keep going as they are going and I don't think we should stop people from being in spacers if they are talking about something unrelated to ZARP but there are many times I get moved into spacers and they are not talking about anything important and don't require any privacy yet still use spacers for some reason.
The issue that I have is that I fear such a rule will force people away from the Teamspeak. Who can decide what conversations require a spacer and which don't? Either everyone is allowed to use a spacer at their own discretion, or we must quite literally force spacers to only be used for staff related situations. And if we decide on the latter people will leave the Teamspeak for services where they can have private discussions.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964885

I'd rather stick to my own TS for playing games with friends then If I'm being forced into public channels because people may join and be a distraction for me. I do agree that staff should appear in public channels more though including myself.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964947

CaptinF1rework wrote:

Oh I agree that the community team / servers owners may be an exception to this due to them may needing to discuss something that whilst it may not be a private matter it can be easier to discuss without interuptions, this suggestion was just a quick thing that I've had on my mind for a while, I don't really like making certain suggestions a "YOU MUST DO THIS OR YOU AREN'T FOLLOWING THE SUGGESTION", if this were to be brought up in a Teamspeak meeting I would prefer it be down to you guys to decide the exact rules with this sort of thing.
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8606

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964951

Raeker wrote:
Gigareformed Denis wrote:
Raeker wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:

The issue that I have is that I fear such a rule will force people away from the Teamspeak. Who can decide what conversations require a spacer and which don't? Either everyone is allowed to use a spacer at their own discretion, or we must quite literally force spacers to only be used for staff related situations. And if we decide on the latter people will leave the Teamspeak for services where they can have private discussions.

If users also want a private area to discuss things, you could have a set area in the Teamspeak (which I think is possible) to allow users to create their own temporary private channels. Obviously this will have drawbacks and quite possibly everyone would end up doing this, defeating the purpous of this rule. Also 90% of the community can't be trusted not to have channel names that would break the TOU.

Although I do agree with your opinions I do believe there would be some way to enforce this, simply put, if you are discussing something outside of ZARP then you shouldn't need a spacer unless you are being constantled harassed. Again you as a community manager would constantly be getting messages and questions from people joining the Teamspeak. However a teamspeak staff member who doesn't need any privacy and is just simply playing SSRP for example doesn't need to be a private channel.
  • Nafe
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Nafe.

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #970605

• Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #970619

ye that happens sometimes
  • void1
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 183
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #970715

I've already started being in public spacers a lot more and encouraging some of my fellow staff members to do the same.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016250

BUMP
  • Nafe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016252

a bump for jesus himself, nafe
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016394

I like my private conversations in my safe spacers so no thank you.

:minussp:
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016399

House wrote:

Clearly you didn't read nor understand the suggestion then...
  • Nafe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016400

NafeXVIII wrote:
House wrote:

he doesn't, or he's trolling
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016401

This was mentioned in the Q&A but I would like to ask how would this be regulated to make sure that people are just using it for important/private matters?
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016402

NafeXVIII wrote:
House wrote:

It is still is unnecessary
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy
  • Thanks received: 309

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016403

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
This was mentioned in the Q&A but I would like to ask how would this be regulated to make sure that people are just using it for important/private matters?

I guess that's the issue, would have to be an honesty thing, I can't think of anything right now that would remedy it.
  • Nafe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016405

BDnico17 wrote:
NafeXVIII wrote:
House wrote:

It is still is unnecessary

Explain why, don't just say it is.

It makes you look very dim
  • Nafe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016414

NafeXVIII wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

I guess that's the issue, would have to be an honesty thing, I can't think of anything right now that would remedy it.

Yeah I do understand that and I hope the Q&A continues to be honest I think this really bridged a few gaps yesterday and gave you guys time to ask questions.

I am a big victim of doing this. I will join a spacer then speak about something private and then loads of other people will join after we have finished and we kinda just forget that we are in a spacer to be honest. It isn't that we are trying to hide from you *most* of the time.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016417

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
NafeXVIII wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Yeah I do understand that and I hope the Q&A continues to be honest I think this really bridged a few gaps yesterday and gave you guys time to ask questions.

I am a big victim of doing this. I will join a spacer then speak about something private and then loads of other people will join after we have finished and we kinda just forget that we are in a spacer to be honest. It isn't that we are trying to hide from you *most* of the time.

I poked Chute with the community Q&A thing as a joke and a few other people did, being completely honest I am suprised it happened.

Also regarding the spacer thing, when I used to be Teamspeak staff I used to abuse the shit out of this and intentionally ignore people, it's easy to do it and I can assure you I wasn't the only person doing it.
  • Nafe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 weeks ago #1016475

When I first started applying for SA on SSRP, I got told that I had to talk to Lead Team members more often, and I tried. Mostly I poke people and then I get ignored. There's only a few people that will move me in. I don't get how I can talk to talk to them whilst being ignored 6/10 times. I do prefer people to use normal channels if they're not doing anything important.
People need help sometimes and if they're being ignored then they might just ignore everything and the server(s) may become chaos.
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1398
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator