Ex Prop Hunt Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator
Ex Murder UNTRAINED Moderator
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamaninja

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #963810

Hinata wrote:
No.

Weren't you moaning about people using spacers the wrong way the other day? :thinking:

EDIT: If you're gonna go against this suggestion give a valid reason, otherwise you just look like one of the others who only use spacers for the stupid reasons.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8606
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Nafe.

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #963814

Nafe wrote:
Hinata wrote:
No.

Weren't you moaning about people using spacers the wrong way the other day? :thinking:

EDIT: If you're gonna go against this suggestion give a valid reason, otherwise you just look like one of the others who only use spacers for the stupid reasons.
He was moaning about people going AFK in spacers and he is one of those who uses spacers for non-professional reasons
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, dankek

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #963816

Nick0GR wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Hinata wrote:
No.

He was moaning about people going AFK in spacers and he is one of those who uses spacers for non-professional reasons

Thought so.

So in that case Hinata

• Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, Denis, Diet Water, Aek177, Annie Moonise and 1 more...

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #963923

Hinata wrote:
No.
Don't say "No." like your opinion is actually worth anything, if you don't support the implementation of a certain suggestion then say minussp followed by your reasoning it's very simple, you aren't in any special position to just say "No."
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1365
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, SorIe, dankek

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #963929

even though i personally use spacers a lot to talk with friends, i still agree with this suggestion and that using spacers for non staffing reasons should be against the rules.
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #963971

Say me and two friends are playing fortnite, and we are tryharding, then someone joins and starts talking, no breaking TOU , it's quite annoying. Unless that person breaks TOU then there is nothing you can do.

I do agree that teamspeak staff should use public channels more often, but I think that forcing them to is just stupid and should not be a thing.
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #963999

Mattors wrote:
Say me and two friends are playing fortnite, and we are tryharding, then someone joins and starts talking, no breaking TOU , it's quite annoying. Unless that person breaks TOU then there is nothing you can do.

I do agree that teamspeak staff should use public channels more often, but I think that forcing them to is just stupid and should not be a thing.

If you knew the Teamspeak rules, yes there is something you can do.

Move channels, if they follow, get them punished.

I'd also ask why you use a public Teamspeak if you want a quiet discussion over a game unrelated to ZARP?
  • Nafe
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Nafe.

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964004

Nick0GR wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Hinata wrote:
No.

Button to resolve those issues if you need to use that specific spacer
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964005

Nafe wrote:
Mattors wrote:

I'd also ask why you use a public Teamspeak if you want a quiet discussion over a game unrelated to ZARP?

The argument of "well it's your fault, you are using a public teamspeak" doesn't gold up. Yes if they were to follow me then I can punish them, but that still involved me needing to tab out when sometimes, I just don't want to be disturbed whilst playing a game.
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964010

Mattors wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Mattors wrote:

The argument of "well it's your fault, you are using a public teamspeak" doesn't gold up. Yes if they were to follow me then I can punish them, but that still involved me needing to tab out when sometimes, I just don't want to be disturbed whilst playing a game.

Buddy the public teamspeak argument is more than valid due to the fact you've said:
I just don't want to be disturbed whilst playing a game

The Teamspeak is there so users can communicate with each other mainly involving the community, yes there are channels for the odd out of zarp games but again they're there for public use. If you're in a public area expect someone else to come along.

You make it sound like a dude's walked into your house without your knowledge and sparked up a discussion with you.

Nothing is stopping you from using third party applications such as Discord, Skype or even your own Teamspeak server to privately talk with your friends and play games.

You hiding in a spacer isn't going to stop anyone from attemping to contact you either, you can still recieve messages and pokes (which if you haven't noticed you have to tab to view)
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankek

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964056

sorry, the teamspeak staff are intimidated by other people so they have to hide in their holes
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis, dankek

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964343

Quick bumb for the b o y s
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1365
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964345

Gigareformed Denis wrote:
Quick bumb for the b o y s

Another quick bump for the l a d s
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964735

BOOMP
  • Nafe

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964749

:plussp:
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4844

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964787

no
  • Sada.
  • Mythical Boarder
  • Confused and disgusted by the ban
  • Thanks received: 3850

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964796

I'd just like to offer my opinion on this, without providing a final verdict. Personally, I believe that TS staff, along with TS Head Admins should use the public channels more, allowing them to interact with the wider community. I think it would make users feel better being able to directly interact with high ranking staff members without being moved. However, I also believe it to be impractical to force staff out of spacers for non staff related discussion. For example, if myself and Chute spent our time in public channels constantly, then we wouldn't get anything done cause we get nagged constantly. Obviously, we try to move around but it can be impractical.

Overall, I believe that this suggestion has some merit behind it, but may possibly need tweaking.
  • CaptinF1rework
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Thanks received: 1071
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, luke_, Newdude, 0yc37xrk6m, Denis and 4 more...

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964804

Actually, I'm in full support of this. I feel very uncomfortable asking people to get into their spacer while I barely know them, and it's one of the two reasons I don't like joining TS3. Please, make this a thing.
:plussp:
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997

[Teamspeak 3] Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #964812

CaptinF1rework wrote:
I'd just like to offer my opinion on this, without providing a final verdict. Personally, I believe that TS staff, along with TS Head Admins should use the public channels more, allowing them to interact with the wider community. I think it would make users feel better being able to directly interact with high ranking staff members without being moved. However, I also believe it to be impractical to force staff out of spacers for non staff related discussion. For example, if myself and Chute spent our time in public channels constantly, then we wouldn't get anything done cause we get nagged constantly. Obviously, we try to move around but it can be impractical.

Overall, I believe that this suggestion has some merit behind it, but may possibly need tweaking.
I believe Teamspeak staff especially should be implored not to immediately go into a spacer when it is not needed. However, I do not believe a rule is the correct solution to this issue. All of us want to be in a private discussion occasionally.

For example, I tend to play strategy games wih Slifer and Tony. It's extremely frustrating when random people join our channel to talk about anything that does not concern our game, and so we tend to sit in a spacer by our own. According to this rule we would not be allowed to and would instead have to leave the ZARP Teamspeak for another voice-chat service.

Like Captin I can definitely understand the merit in such a rule, but I don't think it is the correct solution. Instead it should come from a change in attitude in the Teamspeak staff members, which can only start from the people themselves. Everyone should join public channels more often - something we do actually do from time to time - and so increase the communication and connectivity between the regular users and the higher ranking staff.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_, TheXnator, Wolfi
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

228 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127