Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907092

Server Name:
TTT
Suggestion Title:
Silencer
How would it benefit the server:
It would be a new traitor weapon which would silence the person whom it was used on and they would not be able to use binds, chat or voice chat. It would also come up with a message on the bottom on your screen alerting you to when you were silenced, it would be multi use and each one would last for 30 seconds.
Potential Issues/Exploits:
Potentially hard to code (I don't know myself but please tell me if it is), confusing for new players
Additional notes:
Can all replies be constructive and not just people chatting shit about me ty
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Kyber.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907098

Like you say, this would be hard to code and given the input we have to TTT at the moment, probably will not happen. However, it’s a good idea
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907099

:neutralsp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907118

Definitely an interesting idea though does seem hard to code. Would be especially useful against players who use their mic a lot compared to chat users.

That said, with how the server is currently run, I doubt this will be implemented but I'm really fond of the idea.
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Sopheric.

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907122

Nick0GR wrote:
Could you elaborate so i could improve the suggestion?
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907125

Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
This is a fun idea but collides with a lot of our rules as they are based on communication.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907134

Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
This is a fun idea but collides with a lot of our rules as they are based on communication.
Yes but that's kind of the idea of it. Such as silencing a detective so they can't force test people but I see a problem with trying to stop people blocking. The person would of course be able to use admin chat so they could teleport the player who is blocking. But I feel TTT is in dire need of some suggestions and if we can find a person capable of coding and is trustworthy they could code and add these suggestions (Capt1n said)

@Blocked
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907145

Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Yes but that's kind of the idea of it. Such as silencing a detective so they can't force test people but I see a problem with trying to stop people blocking. The person would of course be able to use admin chat so they could teleport the player who is blocking. But I feel TTT is in dire need of some suggestions and if we can find a person capable of coding and is trustworthy they could code and add these suggestions (Capt1n said)

@Blocked
Sorry to bring this to you but now that Max is gone there is no one that can code for TTT. They didn't even let Xnator touch TTT and he is the owner of prop hunt and murder soooooooooo.....
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907147

Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
...But I feel TTT is in dire need of some suggestions and if we can find a person capable of coding and is trustworthy they could code and add these suggestions (Capt1n said)...

Seargent where you at ;)
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907151

Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

@Blocked
Sorry to bring this to you but now that Max is gone there is no one that can code for TTT. They didn't even let Xnator touch TTT and he is the owner of prop hunt and murder soooooooooo.....
@Blocked
@Seargent44

Why would they let Xnator touch TTT? He's already got 4 servers to code for and I can guarantee that the same amount of work would be put in as there is now
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907165

Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Isn't the fact that it stops communication kinda the whole idea? The only issue I have with this is that 45 seconds is too long and makes the weapon too overpowered, but 20-30 seconds can be really fucking cool and a great addition to the gamemode.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907171

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Isn't the fact that it stops communication kinda the whole idea? The only issue I have with this is that 45 seconds is too long and makes the weapon too overpowered, but 20-30 seconds can be really fucking cool and a great addition to the gamemode.
I agree that 45 seconds could be considered too long for something that can be purchased more than once but I think 30 seconds is a good balance! I will change this in the suggestion, thanks for your feedback!
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907172

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
For this to work properly it would also have to show up in the logs so staff can see if someone could or couldn't communicate at the time. Also I think the warning should be loud and clear so you don't mess up and RDM.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907173

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
For this to work properly it would also have to show up in the logs so staff can see if someone could or couldn't communicate at the time. Also I think the warning should be loud and clear so you don't mess up and RDM.
What warning? And obviously it should be visible in the logs lol, that's a given.
  • Raeker

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907174

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

This would actually be a really cool idea, however, we just simply don't have the necessary manpower to code this. Like who would actually do it?
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907178

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
It would be included in the logs for obvious reasons but i think red text at the top or bottom of your screen would be enough
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907179

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
What warning? And obviously it should be visible in the logs lol, that's a given.
When a use gets silenced it should be very loud and clear that he is being silenced so he doesn't accidentally RDM
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907185

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
When a use gets silenced it should be very loud and clear that he is being silenced so he doesn't accidentally RDM
I'm confused - how can you "accidentally" RDM? Nick either you aren't maming sense or I am being stupid and I honestly don't know which one it is.
  • Raeker

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907192

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
I'm confused - how can you "accidentally" RDM? Nick either you aren't maming sense or I am being stupid and I honestly don't know which one it is.
As we all know there are some scenarios where using chat would tell the difference between RDM and not RDM, for example, a user tells a player to ID a body and thinks the person can hear him but in reality he is silenced and in a short notice he kills the person even though he hadn't run away from the body. Situations like these are what I'm talking about.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907197

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
As we all know there are some scenarios where using chat would tell the difference between RDM and not RDM, for example, a user tells a player to ID a body and thinks the person can hear him but in reality he is silenced and in a short notice he kills the person even though he hadn't run away from the body. Situations like these are what I'm talking about.
That's a bad example because you don't have to ask people to identify bodies. If they're taking too long identifying it then they can be KOSed. Not just that, why would the guy you're speaking to just stand there? You (the silenced player) aren't saying anything they can hear, so there's no reason for them to stand still and do fuck all.

So no, I still don't get your point. Maybe come up with an example that actually works, because so far I don't see the negatives here.
  • Raeker
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.541 seconds

166 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun