Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
:neutralsp:
Could you elaborate so i could improve the suggestion?
This is a fun idea but collides with a lot of our rules as they are based on communication.
Isn't the fact that it stops communication kinda the whole idea? The only issue I have with this is that 45 seconds is too long and makes the weapon too overpowered, but 20-30 seconds can be really fucking cool and a great addition to the gamemode.
For this to work properly it would also have to show up in the logs so staff can see if someone could or couldn't communicate at the time. Also I think the warning should be loud and clear so you don't mess up and RDM.
What warning? And obviously it should be visible in the logs lol, that's a given.
When a use gets silenced it should be very loud and clear that he is being silenced so he doesn't accidentally RDM
I'm confused - how can you "accidentally" RDM? Nick either you aren't maming sense or I am being stupid and I honestly don't know which one it is.
As we all know there are some scenarios where using chat would tell the difference between RDM and not RDM, for example, a user tells a player to ID a body and thinks the person can hear him but in reality he is silenced and in a short notice he kills the person even though he hadn't run away from the body. Situations like these are what I'm talking about.
The silenced player can still hear and see chat? It just stops them from using it
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907205

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
This is a fun idea but collides with a lot of our rules as they are based on communication.
Isn't the fact that it stops communication kinda the whole idea? The only issue I have with this is that 45 seconds is too long and makes the weapon too overpowered, but 20-30 seconds can be really fucking cool and a great addition to the gamemode.
For this to work properly it would also have to show up in the logs so staff can see if someone could or couldn't communicate at the time. Also I think the warning should be loud and clear so you don't mess up and RDM.
What warning? And obviously it should be visible in the logs lol, that's a given.
When a use gets silenced it should be very loud and clear that he is being silenced so he doesn't accidentally RDM
The best option I see here would be to have a pop-up message in chat ("You have been silenced by a traitor!" or smt), a distinctive soundbite and another message that briefly flashes over your screen (Similar to the command LT+ have access to).
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907208

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
I'm confused - how can you "accidentally" RDM? Nick either you aren't maming sense or I am being stupid and I honestly don't know which one it is.
As we all know there are some scenarios where using chat would tell the difference between RDM and not RDM, for example, a user tells a player to ID a body and thinks the person can hear him but in reality he is silenced and in a short notice he kills the person even though he hadn't run away from the body. Situations like these are what I'm talking about.
That's a bad example because you don't have to ask people to identify bodies. If they're taking too long identifying it then they can be KOSed. Not just that, why would the guy you're speaking to just stand there? You (the silenced player) aren't saying anything they can hear, so there's no reason for them to stand still and do fuck all.

So no, I still don't get your point. Maybe come up with an example that actually works, because so far I don't see the negatives here.
Okay, a better example then. A player has binded his Mouse 4 to "Warning stop following me 1/2" and his Mouse 5 to "Warning 2/2" and he presses those binds to tell another player to stop following him, he is in a rush and doesn't realize that his binds aren't going to the chat but kills the player anyways. It counts as RDM.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907218

Ramen wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
The best option I see here would be to have a pop-up message in chat ("You have been silenced by a traitor!" or smt), a distinctive soundbite and another message that briefly flashes over your screen (Similar to the command LT+ have access to).
The only problem with your addition to this is that innocents can also pick up this so it would have to be something vaguer such as "you have been silenced by another player!"
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sopheric

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907222

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
That's a bad example because you don't have to ask people to identify bodies. If they're taking too long identifying it then they can be KOSed. Not just that, why would the guy you're speaking to just stand there? You (the silenced player) aren't saying anything they can hear, so there's no reason for them to stand still and do fuck all.

So no, I still don't get your point. Maybe come up with an example that actually works, because so far I don't see the negatives here.
Okay, a better example then. A player has binded his Mouse 4 to "Warning stop following me 1/2" and his Mouse 5 to "Warning 2/2" and he presses those binds to tell another player to stop following him, he is in a rush and doesn't realize that his binds aren't going to the chat but kills the player anyways. It counts as RDM.
That's the person's fault for not paying attention, it goes for not identifying bodies, if you aren't paying attention to it then its your fault
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907223

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

Yet this entire weapon depends on the idea that it is clearly communicated to the user that they can't speak. Besides, I'm pretty sure everyone realises if they've been shot or not.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907227

Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

That's the person's fault for not paying attention, it goes for not identifying bodies, if you aren't paying attention to it then its your fault
Or in the case of C4s. If you decide to ignore the clear icon on your screen that says where the C4 is it still won't count as RDM because it was clearly communicated to the player.
  • Raeker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907232

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

Yet this entire weapon depends on the idea that it is clearly communicated to the user that they can't speak. Besides, I'm pretty sure everyone realises if they've been shot or not.
You're not getting my point and I don't think I can explain it well enough by typing, please got on team speak so I can explain myself.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907254

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

You're not getting my point and I don't think I can explain it well enough by typing, please got on team speak so I can explain myself.
Never mind what I just said I'm dumb.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907256

Do bare in mind that as much as you discuss the many aspects of this weapon and how it could be implemented it never actually will be.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie.

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907358

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

I suppose another example would be using the rule that states you can kill a player for body blocking after giving them 3 warns to stop, they would give out the 3 warns telling them to stop blocking wothout realising they were silenced, then killing the person
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907360

Miia wrote:
Do bare in mind that as much as you discuss the many aspects of this weapon and how it could be implemented it never actually will be.
Always gotta be the pessimist :o

It’s completely true though
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907362

_Eddie_ wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

I suppose another example would be using the rule that states you can kill a player for body blocking after giving them 3 warns to stop, they would give out the 3 warns telling them to stop blocking wothout realising they were silenced, then killing the person
Once again that is the person not properly paying attention to the game. Me and Kyber already gave two examples of where that is a thing already, so this really wouldn't be different in any way.
  • Raeker

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #907363

Raeker wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

Once again that is the person not properly paying attention to the game. Me and Kyber already gave two examples of where that is a thing already, so this really wouldn't be different in any way.
I know it’s still the players fault, I was just giving another example of what nick was trying to say, I hadn’t read the rest of this thread before I posted that anyway
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1070077

Bring up my post
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 3 weeks ago #1099274

Bump
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 3 weeks ago #1099276

Easy way to shut 12 year olds up

:plussp:
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 3 weeks ago #1099364

Jim_Jam wrote:

Especially dr Richard and Eddie they’re really loud
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 3 weeks ago #1099369

Kyber wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

Especially dr Richard and Eddie they’re really loud

WHAT?!
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5419

[TTT] Silencer Traitor Weapon Suggestion 5 years 3 weeks ago #1099370

I have nothing to do with TTT as it stands but know I am personally hearing your suggestions ;)
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 11872
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

217 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40