Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Should the policy be harder?

I agree 10 90.9%
I don't agree 1 9.1%
Total number of voters: 11 ( Jason., danielmark2356, Hoops_1991, RFlex, Miia ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Harsher punishment hackers

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746248

Server Name:
All servers especialy ssrp

Suggestion Title:
Harsher punishment hackers

How would it benefit the server:
Decrease hackers

Potential Issues/Exploits:
None

Additional notes:
The current status about the opinion about hackers by hackers is they will just get warned no big deal, and they only find out when it is getting too suspicious'

This needs to change alot.
Therefor my suggestion is if a hackers gets caught, and he admits it, he needs to apologise on the forums and get a minimal 1day ban. If he doesnt want to apologise on the forums but still admits to the admin who caught him, minimal 3-6 day ban

If he doesnt admits and we do still have concrete proof of him hacking with eg: ESP/snapping to heads/snapping to cloakded admins 1-2 weeks ban with possible extent.

This fuckery needs to end. Now.
RedPowder wrote:
Nakker wrote:
The amount of aimbotters I have encountered recently is appalling, make hacking a harsher punishment.

I’ve been told by the lead team “hacking” isn’t a big problem :huh:

(written on phone)

List of hackers (the ones that apologised on the forums)
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...2-sorry?limitstart=0
(perma ban after lying etc etc)

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/appeals/1...-appeal?limitstart=0
(first got told off, and warned, then permabanned)

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...ies-all?limitstart=0
(administrator cheated, and probably only recieved official warning, no demotion)

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/staff-dis...hacking?limitstart=0
(moderator cheated, only official warning no demotion)

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...y-for-hacking#746569
(nothing i suppose)

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...ron-s-apology#746124
(was given multiple chanced, eventually got perm'd)
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by spodermon.
Login or register to post a reply.

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746249

Maybe try getting a little list of know/proved hackers and their punishments it might be able to get your point across.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3320
The following user(s) said Thank You: spodermon, TheXnator

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746250

RedPowder wrote:
Maybe try getting a little list of know/proved hackers and their punishments it might be able to get your point across.

I will as soon as i get home
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy

e

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746252

I agree with the fact that hackers must be punished, but what if someone isn't actually hacking? What if the "proof" (video) just shows that they are extremely skillfull? I've seen videos that look like the player is hacking (Slapy has one on his channel, mexi had a video, and so on...).
Then there is no right to ban them.
If there is a 100% precent proof someone is hacking, they should get banned, thats for sure.

I'd personally suggest that if someone is suspected to use hacks, they have to go through an anti cheat.
Like, even if its the smallest suspision.
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • My rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends
  • Thanks received: 2470
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746253

I really like the idea of " humiliating " hackers on public forums xD
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 996

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746254

spodermon wrote:
If he doesnt admits and we do still have concrete proof 1-2 weeks ban with possible extent.
might you explain that because i'm confused as fuck, so a hacker lied and there was 100%, solid, concrete proof 1-2 week ban or more instead of perma and it's a suggeston for harsher punishment??????????????????????
  • Mexi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 393
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Mexi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746255

Really think u need to re write this. Seems rushed.
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746256

Last night this bam kid was bhoping without even moving his screen and sniping me from a cross the map without missing once

(there is a vid but on phone and at school)
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 675

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746257

:plussp:
Harsher punishments are really needed. Cheaters need to be banned for much longer most of them are unbanned before they start caring again. They might post apology posts and all that bullshit but it doesnt actually guarantee that they've improved. If they're banned for long enough though, Thier addiction would start kicking in and best yet, You get to laugh at them while they're begging and crying to get unbanned. You cant deny the fact that its satisfying to see a cheater humiliated infront of everyone.
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Mobile Task Force Gunner.

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746259

A good idea would to tell a suspected hacker to take a recording of his screen considering recording software doesn't hide hacks like screenshots do.
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Figures and numbers, all in my account.
  • Thanks received: 631

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746260

Nakker wrote:
A good idea would to tell a suspected hacker to take a recording of his screen considering recording software doesn't hide hacks like screenshots do.

The excuse 'cant record'
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746261

Fred Wroolie wrote:
Nakker wrote:

The excuse 'cant record'

Yeah but it'd be a good way to find out people who aren't actually hacking who maybe got a lucky hit or are just really good, of course it wouldn't be the best solution but it's a decent method until the anti cheat gets improved.
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746264

Fred Wroolie wrote:
Really think u need to re write this. Seems rushed.
Was on phone my man,
MsRevine wrote:
I agree with the fact that hackers must be punished, but what if someone isn't actually hacking? What if the "proof" (video) just shows that they are extremely skillfull? I've seen videos that look like the player is hacking (Slapy has one on his channel, mexi had a video, and so on...).
If there is a 100% precent proof someone is hacking, they should get banned, thats for sure.

I'd personally suggest that if someone is suspected to use hacks, they have to go through an anti cheat.

I mean concrete proof eg: ESP/video of him clearly flicking impossible shots and snapping to several heads within 0.4 seconds
(just like tyler)
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy

e

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746265

These were my own messages that I sent in the Lead Team Whatsapp regarding the hacking issue. From my own perspective, when Red says that the Lead Team told him hacking isn't a big problem, I can at least personally say that I think hacking isn't as big of a problem as people make it out to be.

Most F1s are about RDM. A lot of the time, I get complaints from users that they made the F1 ages ago and that they've already been RDMed five times since they made the original one. Not just that, they also complain about the items lost by having been RDMed.

In the end, it's simply a fact that hackers gain an unfair advantage over users. Not just that, there are plenty of hackers each day ruining the experience for others. However, looking purely at the issues that we have in the community, hacking is not one of the biggest problems we have. Losing an event or a raid to hackers feels bad, yeah, but getting RDMed and losing valuable items is an even bigger one. After all, when you encounter a hacker there was already a chance of you dying regardless of whether they're hacking or not. It wouldn't even surprise me if a large portion of the hacking reports turn out to be false, although I have no numbers or facts to support that claim.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746267

Raeker, more people make F1's for RDM because it's very easy to tell when you're killed by an RDMer. It's not so easy to tell you got killed by a hacker, considering there's a lot of good players on the servers and it's hard to separate the good from the cheaters.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: loxeo, ibraaa

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746269

MsRevine wrote:

When the policy got changed a few months ago it was actually altered in such a way that recordings of the user hacking (that shows a clear aimbot/snapping) can be voted on in the lead team meetings to be regarded valid proof. Then the user will be punished accordingly, which by following the current policy would mean a kick on the first offense and a permanent ban on the second.

I do agree that hackers should be more harshly punished. Personally I'd fight for a temporary ban on the first offense, such as a week ban. After all, you're not just regularly breaking rules, you're going out of your way to give yourself an advantage that other users do not have.
  • Raeker

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746270

Raeker wrote:

These were my own messages that I sent in the Lead Team Whatsapp regarding the hacking issue. From my own perspective, when Red says that the Lead Team told him hacking isn't a big problem, I can at least personally say that I think hacking isn't as big of a problem as people make it out to be.

Most F1s are about RDM. A lot of the time, I get complaints from users that they made the F1 ages ago and that they've already been RDMed five times since they made the original one. Not just that, they also complain about the items lost by having been RDMed.

In the end, it's simply a fact that hackers gain an unfair advantage over users. Not just that, there are plenty of hackers each day ruining the experience for others. However, looking purely at the issues that we have in the community, hacking is not one of the biggest problems we have. Losing an event or a raid to hackers feels bad, yeah, but getting RDMed and losing valuable items is an even bigger one. After all, when you encounter a hacker there was already a chance of you dying regardless of whether they're hacking or not. It wouldn't even surprise me if a large portion of the hacking reports turn out to be false, although I have no numbers or facts to support that claim.

Sounds like punishments all around need to be a lot longer
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3320
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChummyXRay, Micky, Raeker

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746272

Morgan wrote:
Raeker, more people make F1's for RDM because it's very easy to tell when you're killed by an RDMer. It's not so easy to tell you got killed by a hacker, considering there's a lot of good players on the servers and it's hard to separate the good from the cheaters.
However to state that hackers are one of the biggest problems in this community is presumptuous. There are no numbers, evidence or legitimate facts to support such a claim, yet a lot of users seem to want "hackers to be permanently banned with no chance to appeal" and shit like that. I'm merely stating that hackers should not be seen as the biggest enemy in this community as they simply aren't.

I've never heard any user say "I'm leaving the community because hackers aren't punished hard enough." Yet I've heard plenty of users say that they'd much rather go play on another community where regular users are more harshly punished for RDM and rulebreaks.

Although we cannot see the numbers of hackers there are each day, we can actually see the amount of reports of RDM and rulebreaks. And regardless of what people might believe, I'd say that the current policies protecting rulebreakers are a bigger issue than the hacking "threat".
  • Raeker

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746273

Raeker wrote:
Morgan wrote:
However to state that hackers are one of the biggest problems in this community is presumptuous. There are no numbers, evidence or legitimate facts to support such a claim, yet a lot of users seem to want "hackers to be permanently banned with no chance to appeal" and shit like that. I'm merely stating that hackers should not be seen as the biggest enemy in this community as they simply aren't.

I've never heard any user say "I'm leaving the community because hackers aren't punished hard enough." Yet I've heard plenty of users say that they'd much rather go play on another community where regular users are more harshly punished for RDM and rulebreaks.

Although we cannot see the numbers of hackers there are each day, we can actually see the amount of reports of RDM and rulebreaks. And regardless of what people might believe, I'd say that the current policies protecting rulebreakers are a bigger issue than the hacking "threat".

Hackers are the biggest problem because of how stupid the policy is, if it was changed to say 6 months with no chance to appeal on first offense, the amount of hackers would drop.
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Harsher punishment hackers 6 years 10 months ago #746281

TLDR: finding an RDM'er in a short term is simple, its one look in the loggs, poof done.
A hacker is a different story, they can hack as long as they can untill a sa finds out and only warns them, and they continue. this policy needs to change asap.

They need to be afraid to even think about injecting a hack.
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy

e
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

124 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1