Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128103

LonelyDodo wrote:
Kurzex wrote:
Owl,

Can you take this piece of advice?

Let them say what they want to say. Its feedback and that's there to help you. Don't lash out as you are doing right now. It's bad for your reform

I think this is a good advice in a way as it helps Owl get the rank, but a staff member shouldnt imho be giving advices on how to decieve the staff team. How I see is that your comment helps him hide his flaws rather than embrace them and improve on them.
When put under a microscope every time you apply can be a bit infuriating, and considering one of his shitposts (if the context is correct that is) has been taken seriously like he has actually offended people, I think he has some grounds to be pissed off a little.

As someone who always wants to have honest criticism, it has to be valid otherwise you might as well be called Katje and just write some nonsense. Most people here have not actually encountered him when he was a minge, but are simply piggybacking off of others opinions instead of making their own.

I am in no way saying "let's accept him and see how he does!" I am saying however, maybe take the spotlight and microscope off of him and see how he performs in game for a 1-3 weeks instead of judging every minor detail about every sentence or every word even he says. Would you rather him not say a word to get staff and AFK play or would you rather have a mod that's active in the community and talks to their players?

Of course he did things bad in the past, but how is he supposed to rectify that if people keep poking him until he snaps then going "lol see same old owl" why don't we just stop poking him for a while?

In the short time I spoke to him in game a week ago when we were both online, he seemed pretty funny and had a good sense of humour, broke no rules and had fun with other members, maybe it's because I wasn't looking for a reason to dislike him and he didn't have to worry?
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by CeeZee.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheFierceOwl

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128106

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

piggyback*

Another libtard pwned
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128107

.uzi wrote:

piggyback*

Another libtard pwned
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128116

At the start of last week I met you two times on TTT and you seemed to be nice but now I'm reading all of this & all the stuff that happened on your application from last week and get to the conclusion that you've still not changed. :I
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128139

alright, you clearly haven’t changed, I could go to in many things that you did before which has directly involved me but the list is far too long. I remember about a year ago, constantly vouching for you to reform, hoping for change whenever I saw your application. You kept going until you finally got accepted. You seemed to be able to handle the rank initially. However when I resigned from TTT, it all went downhill, after your demotion it all went downhill and you showed little regard for anyone else. As someone who vouched for you, and kept trying to convince others you had changed, you finally showed your true colours. You threw that right back in my face. You then harassed me over months to the point where it was just pathetic, harassing Richard and constantly causing problems for us. I want you to simply stop making unnecessary comments and insults. Think before you type: Is it necessary? Is it offensive? Simply thinking before you type or act could you easily help you out here. If you expect anyone to trust you with staff powers again, they won’t unless you commit to change for the better.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Kyber.

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128296

CeeZee wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Kurzex wrote:
Owl,

Let them say what they want to say. Its feedback and that's there to help you. Don't lash out as you are doing right now. It's bad for your reform

I think this is a good advice in a way as it helps Owl get the rank, but a staff member shouldnt imho be giving advices on how to decieve the staff team. How I see is that your comment helps him hide his flaws rather than embrace them and improve on them.
When put under a microscope every time you apply can be a bit infuriating, and considering one of his shitposts (if the context is correct that is) has been taken seriously like he has actually offended people, I think he has some grounds to be pissed off a little.

As someone who always wants to have honest criticism, it has to be valid otherwise you might as well be called Katje and just write some nonsense. Most people here have not actually encountered him when he was a minge, but are simply piggybacking off of others opinions instead of making their own.

I am in no way saying "let's accept him and see how he does!" I am saying however, maybe take the spotlight and microscope off of him and see how he performs in game for a 1-3 weeks instead of judging every minor detail about every sentence or every word even he says. Would you rather him not say a word to get staff and AFK play or would you rather have a mod that's active in the community and talks to their players?

Of course he did things bad in the past, but how is he supposed to rectify that if people keep poking him until he snaps then going "lol see same old owl" why don't we just stop poking him for a while?

In the short time I spoke to him in game a week ago when we were both online, he seemed pretty funny and had a good sense of humour, broke no rules and had fun with other members, maybe it's because I wasn't looking for a reason to dislike him and he didn't have to worry?
you get it all , thanks a lot <3
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128308

CeeZee wrote:
[spoiler]LonelyDodo wrote:
Kurzex wrote:
Owl,

You are saying that he has right to commit childish outlashes because he is under investigation that he submitted on himself? Whenever you apply for staff or appeal a punishment you and your actions are put under microscope which is done to vet whether or not the candidate is up for the job. This is right due process to everyone but TheFierceOwl righto?

FierceOwl has gotten honest critique from me and Miia for like 15 months now and has yet to improve anything and proves me right every time I open his application and read the comments. There are 2 possible explanations for this and im betting its the one that has "FierceOwl has never changed".

I dont mind taking the spotlight off of him but this literally means he cannot apply for the time you want him not to be under the microscope. What comes to staff preferences I want friendly and active staff not staff members who abuse other staff members and their trust in him.

He could do what every other staff member does when faced with negative feedback. Either accept it or argue with it, but he just has a huge outburst of aggression towards the one with negatuve feedback.

And I am the staff member who got him into staff team the last tine, emergency demoted him, and discovered him ban evading. Needless to say I have been open minded about him and he has managed to dissapoint me time after time

I tried to reply in each of your paragraphs on their own so reading them one by one should make more sense
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by LonelyDodo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128335

LonelyDodo wrote:
CeeZee wrote:
Kurzex wrote:
Owl,

You are saying that he has right to commit childish outlashes because he is under investigation that he submitted on himself? Whenever you apply for staff or appeal a punishment you and your actions are put under microscope which is done to vet whether or not the candidate is up for the job. This is right due process to everyone but TheFierceOwl righto?

FierceOwl has gotten honest critique from me and Miia for like 15 months now and has yet to improve anything and proves me right every time I open his application and read the comments. There are 2 possible explanations for this and im betting its the one that has "FierceOwl has never changed".

I dont mind taking the spotlight off of him but this literally means he cannot apply for the time you want him not to be under the microscope. What comes to staff preferences I want friendly and active staff not staff members who abuse other staff members and their trust in him.

He could do what every other staff member does when faced with negative feedback. Either accept it or argue with it, but he just has a huge outburst of aggression towards the one with negatuve feedback.

And I am the staff member who got him into staff team the last tine, emergency demoted him, and discovered him ban evading. Needless to say I have been open minded about him and he has managed to dissapoint me time after time

I tried to reply in each of your paragraphs on their own so reading them one by one should make more sense
Every candidate isn't put under a microscope though, just a spotlight. People don't go out of their way to look for mistakes and that's what I'm saying we should stop doing, specifically for this case to see how he does.

You and Miia yes, but I looked at both your game time, and there's a pretty low chance you'd see him in game if you did, so you're judging him by what he writes on the forums and saying he hasn't changed, yet he's been called out for not changing for writing "Chernobyl is gay" like what? Like sure, responses to things should be noted down to attitude, but being called out for saying dumb shit like that and it being taken seriously must be infuriating to watch and from my perspective it's understandable.

I get that you want friendly and active staff not staff members who abuse other staff members and their thier trust, but what has he shown to do this recently? Nothing from what I've seen, he's gained nobodies trust yet, not even mine, but I can see him trying to put the blocks of trust back together and I'm giving him a chance to do so instead of telling him to fuck off before he even begins.

The majority of "negative" feedback have been from people who have no clue who he is, they're judging from past actions, like he put in an application before actually trying one week to see if people still would just shit on him and he was right. And the majority of people that do know who he is, have got no means to see his in game improvement. If forums dictated in game I can think of a few staff members who shouldn't be staff If I'm honest.

I also replied to each paragraph apart from the last one, as I again don't see how he's failed you if you only see forum presence for the most part.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128336

CeeZee wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
CeeZee wrote:
Kurzex wrote:
Owl,

Every candidate isn't put under a microscope though, just a spotlight. People don't go out of their way to look for mistakes and that's what I'm saying we should stop doing, specifically for this case to see how he does.

You and Miia yes, but I looked at both your game time, and there's a pretty low chance you'd see him in game if you did, so you're judging him by what he writes on the forums and saying he hasn't changed, yet he's been called out for not changing for writing "Chernobyl is gay" like what? Like sure, responses to things should be noted down to attitude, but being called out for saying dumb shit like that and it being taken seriously must be infuriating to watch and from my perspective it's understandable.

I get that you want friendly and active staff not staff members who abuse other staff members and their thier trust, but what has he shown to do this recently? Nothing from what I've seen, he's gained nobodies trust yet, not even mine, but I can see him trying to put the blocks of trust back together and I'm giving him a chance to do so instead of telling him to fuck off before he even begins.

The majority of "negative" feedback have been from people who have no clue who he is, they're judging from past actions, like he put in an application before actually trying one week to see if people still would just shit on him and he was right. And the majority of people that do know who he is, have got no means to see his in game improvement. If forums dictated in game I can think of a few staff members who shouldn't be staff If I'm honest.

I also replied to each paragraph apart from the last one, as I again don't see how he's failed you if you only see forum presence for the most part.

Me not meeting him in game doesnt mean I havent heard how he is doing. Currently he has 4 recents which should be no brain deny and should be semi hard to get with his experience. What comes to him abusing your staff members go ask Chespin and few other staff members about their recent experiences... Reading comments on this post would also do.
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128346

LonelyDodo wrote:
CeeZee wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
CeeZee wrote:
Kurzex wrote:
Owl,

Me not meeting him in game doesnt mean I havent heard how he is doing. Currently he has 4 recents which should be no brain deny and should be semi hard to get with his experience. What comes to him abusing your staff members go ask Chespin and few other staff members about their recent experiences... Reading comments on this post would also do.
If you're simply an echo chamber for others along with old opinions why put it on here at all? You're yet to experience him in game so why take others opinions and use them as fact before seeing it for yourself?

Of course 4 recents is a no brain deny, but it doesn't change the fact that he seems to be trying to improve, RDM's can happen on accident etc which can be unfortunate, not every case is "4 punishments means he isn't trying" I highly doubt he'd be going on the server to RDM then apply for staff with his rapsheet.

I've explained why some of his posts on here should be taken with a bit of salt already so i don't feel like repeating myself again about the whole "Chernobyl is gay" for like the 3rd-4th time.

As stated by Kurze, I suggest Owl ignores everyone on his posts and focuses on in game attitude and performance, as in my experience with him on the server he was pretty chill already, it's just the resents are an issue if viewing this from a fresh viewpoint.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128347

Can you lads take this to steam

I didn't come here to read a novel.

thx xx

EDIT: I realise I still need to give some feedback. I still think what I said on one of your older applications. You are on the right track to becoming staff again. It is going to be a long and tedious process for you, especially since anything you say seems to be used against you almost instantly. Do you best to take in what others have said and use it to change and improve, rather than lash out at them and prove their point even further.

I honestly think that within a month or two of you playing on the server with no issues being addressed, you have a fairly good chance of becoming staff again. I hope you spend as much time as possible improving your attitude and, more importantly, proving most people here wrong.

Good luck!
  • Jim_Jam
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Jim_Jam.

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128348

Jim_Jam wrote:

thx xx
I thought you liked drama :ohmy:
  • Nina
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • 「(°ヘ°)
  • Thanks received: 889

Former
Zarp Slave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128349

Jim_Jam wrote:

thx xx
Listen I'll write a 30000 word essay on why you're a nonce
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, ImTooFastForYou, Nina, Kurze, Stuny

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128411

CeeZee wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

thx xx
Listen I'll write a 30000 word essay on why you're a nonce

Do it or you just lied to us... and lying isn't good!
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128565

CeeZee wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
CeeZee wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
CeeZee wrote:
Kurzex wrote:
Owl,

If you're simply an echo chamber for others along with old opinions why put it on here at all? You're yet to experience him in game so why take others opinions and use them as fact before seeing it for yourself?

Of course 4 recents is a no brain deny, but it doesn't change the fact that he seems to be trying to improve, RDM's can happen on accident etc which can be unfortunate, not every case is "4 punishments means he isn't trying" I highly doubt he'd be going on the server to RDM then apply for staff with his rapsheet.

I've explained why some of his posts on here should be taken with a bit of salt already so i don't feel like repeating myself again about the whole "Chernobyl is gay" for like the 3rd-4th time.

As stated by Kurze, I suggest Owl ignores everyone on his posts and focuses on in game attitude and performance, as in my experience with him on the server he was pretty chill already, it's just the resents are an issue if viewing this from a fresh viewpoint.
im really speechless , thanks a lot . If i have said all this , i should've been like Forum Banned for 2 months and hated forever , i love you lad <3 :clap: :clap: Next application next week , ill kindly ask any moderator to lock my topic instantly to avoid drama if its allowed . Thanks for all the feedback , i agree that i should just ignore the feedback Thanks for still supporting me Kurze and Ceezee
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128593

TheFierceOwl wrote:
i agree that i should just ignore the feedback

See thats where i disagree, u should always see the feedback and see how u can improve based on that feedback.

For example: I sent feedback about how offended i was about u saying all thoes things about chernobyl and other things(you didnt take it and consider it and admit that you made a mistake;instead you were basicly screaming thru the text).

You should always acknowledge what your flaws are and work on them.

Also if u want to revoke this application just make the tytle of the topic REVOKED ty.
  • Stuny
  • Senior Boarder
  • I am a grape !
  • Thanks received: 147
Point made byee
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Stuny.

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128595

Stuny wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:

See thats where i disagree, u should always see the feedback and see how u can improve based on that feedback.

For example: I sent feedback about how offended i was about u saying all thoes things about chernobyl and other things(you didnt take it and consider it and admit that you made a mistake;instead you were basicly screaming thru the text).

Also if u want to revoke this application just make the tytle of the topic REVOKED ty.
So you're actually offended by him calling Chernobyl gay?
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128601

CeeZee wrote:
Stuny wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:

You are lacking the personal ties to Chernobyl that he has. When someone starts dissing a disaster that has affected your family in such a proximity and magnitude as it has Stuny's it's no wonder he can't laugh at it, and instead of understanding these things as idk empathetic human you and Owl both refuse to accept it and instead question and ridicule him for it. No wonder you are losing more staff than gaining if these kinds of comments can be expected from a staff member who the satff should rely into, but what do I know im just an irrelevant twat.
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by LonelyDodo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chienman, Chespin, Stuny

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128655

LonelyDodo wrote:
CeeZee wrote:
Stuny wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:

You are lacking the personal ties to Chernobyl that he has. When someone starts dissing a disaster that has affected your family in such a proximity and magnitude as it has Stuny's it's no wonder he can't laugh at it, and instead of understanding these things as idk empathetic human you and Owl both refuse to accept it and instead question and ridicule him for it. No wonder you are losing more staff than gaining if these kinds of comments can be expected from a staff member who the satff should rely into, but what do I know im just an irrelevant twat.
I wasn't going to respond to this as it was going off topic into your personal issues with what I've said in the HA discord rather than what I've actually replied, so I'll try to leave it at this and not reply further as it's just arguing too much.

We're losing more staff than gaining due to us not accepting everyone that comes and applies, I mean would you rather us change that and accept everyone we see or have some standards?

I do understand, very much so, all I asked was "Are you actually offended?" because you'd be lying if you didn't think it's rare to hear someone actually upset about something related to Chernobyl. It looked like Owl was just shitposting and he ran into someone who was actually offended by a really far out shitpost, which is such a tiny percentage you'd have better luck buying a lottery ticket, so it's understandable to perhaps not believe he'd actually be offended. Just because I don't 100% beleive something as far out as this doesn't make me un-empathetic, it makes me a normal person wanting to make sure of something before backing it up.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Moderator] TheFierceOwl's Application 4 years 10 months ago #1128656

CeeZee and LonelyDodo, i suggest you both take this discussion (argument) to Steam/Discord/TeamSpeak or whatever, I'll be removing any further non-related, unhelpful replies from this thread. Thanks!
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Mr. Richard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, CeeZee, TheFierceOwl, LonelyDodo, Chespin and 3 more...
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

131 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
3/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf