TOPIC: [SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036919

AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:
You don't know the rap sheet of the user who got banned, you don't know his attitude, you don't know what he has done up until that point, you don't know what he said to warrant such a long ban in the first place. Mass RDMing with multiple punishments on your rapsheet, even more so if there are multiple recent Mass RDM punishments can easily warrant a one month ban.
:minussp:

That's what i was about to write, you read my mind...

A 1 month ban should only be given if there are recent bans included on the rapsheet. You begin at a few days and work your way up to the month. That's what the ethos is about. Fair and equal treatment. If someone comes back a ban of 5 recent punishments of Mass RDM, then you double the ban length. If they do it again, you do it again. You can't just automatically give someone a month long ban because they have say 5 recents all pertaining to Mass RDM. They should have been banned 2-3 punishments ago, but this is hypothetical.

Richard how about you tell us if he had a recent ban (or just tell us your side of the story) rather than tiptoeing around it and trying to meme your demote request. Like c'mon.

Not taking any sides but based on your logic:

STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Richard Woodfield (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Banned on 22/09/2018 - 17:25:28 for 2 week(s) with reason 7 Recent Punishments + RDM + Lying To Staff

STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Dr Richard (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Updated Ban on 23/10/2018 - 18:13:26 for 2 week(s) with reason 5 Recent Punishements + Ignoring Sit + Constantly Rule Breaking [Mass RDM] - Minimal intention to RP

He did the exact same length.

Well I think the first one is still excessive. But again, I don't have any background info on that. The second one shouldn't have minimal intention to RP since you can't really punish for that. The other two I consider warnings, so really, he would only have 7 recents. A week max at that. The first one should still be a week max depending on what the situation is or if he had recent bans. What are you all not understanding about me saying that?

Well, you did say that admins should slowly double the ban length if they repeatedly break the same offences, which he did.

Did you even look at the time stamps for those bans?
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
  • Thanks received: 384
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036921

TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:
You don't know the rap sheet of the user who got banned, you don't know his attitude, you don't know what he has done up until that point, you don't know what he said to warrant such a long ban in the first place. Mass RDMing with multiple punishments on your rapsheet, even more so if there are multiple recent Mass RDM punishments can easily warrant a one month ban.

A 1 month ban should only be given if there are recent bans included on the rapsheet. You begin at a few days and work your way up to the month. That's what the ethos is about. Fair and equal treatment. If someone comes back a ban of 5 recent punishments of Mass RDM, then you double the ban length. If they do it again, you do it again. You can't just automatically give someone a month long ban because they have say 5 recents all pertaining to Mass RDM. They should have been banned 2-3 punishments ago, but this is hypothetical.

Richard how about you tell us if he had a recent ban (or just tell us your side of the story) rather than tiptoeing around it and trying to meme your demote request. Like c'mon.

STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Richard Woodfield (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Banned on 22/09/2018 - 17:25:28 for 2 week(s) with reason 7 Recent Punishments + RDM + Lying To Staff

STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Dr Richard (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Updated Ban on 23/10/2018 - 18:13:26 for 2 week(s) with reason 5 Recent Punishements + Ignoring Sit + Constantly Rule Breaking [Mass RDM] - Minimal intention to RP

Well I think the first one is still excessive. But again, I don't have any background info on that. The second one shouldn't have minimal intention to RP since you can't really punish for that. The other two I consider warnings, so really, he would only have 7 recents. A week max at that. The first one should still be a week max depending on what the situation is or if he had recent bans. What are you all not understanding about me saying that?

Well, you did say that admins should slowly double the ban length if they repeatedly break the same offences, which he did.

Yes
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036922

AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

Yes

Alright, then you'll notice that the first ban was on the 4th of last month. The second one was from the 22nd of last month. That's more than 2 weeks from the first one. And the last one was from yesterday, a full month from the second one. So basically your argument is invalid and doesn't pertain at all to what I was saying. Recents stay recent for 2 weeks if I remember correctly. Thanks for trying though.

Edit: my logic of doubling is based on if the ban was "recent" so you basically look like a fool right now because you obviously didn't read what I said at all. :)
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by TheCorgi.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036924

The current ban length is deserved and further action is not needed in my opinion, I can’t see why he has any bias here
  • Comfy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zarp’s future CD
  • Thanks received: 51
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Comfy.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036928

Comfy wrote:
The current ban length is deserved and further action is not needed in my opinion, I can’t see why he has any bias here

Lets say this, You break 5 rules get banned for almost a month, I break 5 rules and come off of 3 recent bans and raid a building base and get a 3 day ban.
  • Kulm
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 183
change your password
sorle was here
smol dong was here

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036929

TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

Yes

Alright, then you'll notice that the first ban was on the 4th of last month. The second one was from the 22nd of last month. That's more than 2 weeks from the first one. And the last one was from yesterday, a full month from the second one. So basically your argument is invalid and doesn't pertain at all to what I was saying. Recents stay recent for 2 weeks if I remember correctly. Thanks for trying though.

Edit: my logic of doubling is based on if the ban was "recent" so you basically look like a fool right now because you obviously didn't read what I said at all. :)

Its called taking a break and coming back to the server just to rulebreak :omegalul:
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|

西兰花共同拥有者

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036931

AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

Yes

Its called taking a break and coming back to the server just to rulebreak :omegalul:

You literally said "based on my logic" which my logic for doubling a ban was pretty clearly stated... so like you're dumb and now you're attempting to meme me because you realized that you're wrong. How sad.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036932

TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

Yes

You literally said "based on my logic" which my logic for doubling a ban was pretty clearly stated... so like you're dumb and now you're attempting to meme me because you realized that you're wrong. How sad.

The person who was banned is clearly a troll, only playing to break rules, maybe consider that?
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|

西兰花共同拥有者

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036933

Kulm wrote:
Comfy wrote:

Lets say this, You break 5 rules get banned for almost a month, I break 5 rules and come off of 3 recent bans and raid a building base and get a 3 day ban.
I minge for a day straight intending to never comeback when I get back on and get a2 week ban you plan on coming back and have a small woopsy and get a 3 day ban
  • Comfy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zarp’s future CD
  • Thanks received: 51

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036935

AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

Yes

The person who was banned is clearly a troll, only playing to break rules, maybe consider that?

okay... that still doesn't pertain at all to my logic. that's a completely different scenario from me talking about doubling a ban. Maybe if you took the time to actually read the things I previously said in this thread you'd be enlightened onto my opinion and thoughts. And since I've already answered that in this thread, feel free to look for it and actually read things that I write.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036936

Comfy wrote:
Kulm wrote:
Comfy wrote:

I minge for a day straight intending to never comeback when I get back on and get a2 week ban you plan on coming back and have a small woopsy and get a 3 day ban

English please?
  • Kulm
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
change your password
sorle was here
smol dong was here

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036938

Kulm wrote:
Comfy wrote:
Kulm wrote:
Comfy wrote:

English please?

If I can decipher this correctly, he said you were treated different than he was
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036939

TheCorgi wrote:
Kulm wrote:
Comfy wrote:
Kulm wrote:
Comfy wrote:

English please?

If I can decipher this correctly, he said you were treated different than he was

Then what he stated was wrong about no one being biased
  • Kulm
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
change your password
sorle was here
smol dong was here

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036943

Locking this for now until LuciouS has an outcome of the report, I believe enough is said and the right course of action should be taken.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036959

Hello,

I had a look through your demote request and had an in-depth talk with Richard and after
some time looking into this I have come to a conclusion.
Our job as staff members are to protect the user experience and the staff ethos is meant to be a guidline to help staff members (even if it is treated like a policy) and its there to improve staff members decision and judgement and not hinder them from their job.
I have taken the time to look through the users rapsheet and I have found out that the user has been banned multiple times time and time again, coming back ban after ban, and every time he comes back he gets multiple punishments and gets a long ban for recents and mass rdming.
To add more to this, this time around not only was he repeating past mistakes he already knows and has been punished for in the past in order not to do the same rulebreaks again but he was also impeding the staff member's work in the sit and clearly had no intention to roleplay at any point.
I want to add to this that this user has arguably been banned for a longer time that he has actually played on the server; use this as a metric to draw a conclusion yourself.

#Denied
  • LuciouS
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ✓ Dankek is a top lad ✓
  • Thanks received: 293
Ranks:
✪ Ex- SSRP Super Admin ✪
✪ Ex- TeamSpeak Staff ✪
✪ Ex- Forum Staff ✪

The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie., dankek, Mr. Richard, gattonero