Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036890

TheCorgi wrote:
Comfy wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:
You don't know the rap sheet of the user who got banned, you don't know his attitude, you don't know what he has done up until that point, you don't know what he said to warrant such a long ban in the first place. Mass RDMing with multiple punishments on your rapsheet, even more so if there are multiple recent Mass RDM punishments can easily warrant a one month ban.
:minussp:

That's what i was about to write, you read my mind...

A 1 month ban should only be given if there are recent bans included on the rapsheet. You begin at a few days and work your way up to the month. That's what the ethos is about. Fair and equal treatment. If someone comes back a ban of 5 recent punishments of Mass RDM, then you double the ban length. If they do it again, you do it again. You can't just automatically give someone a month long ban because they have say 5 recents all pertaining to Mass RDM. They should have been banned 2-3 punishments ago, but this is hypothetical.

Richard how about you tell us if he had a recent ban (or just tell us your side of the story) rather than tiptoeing around it and trying to meme your demote request. Like c'mon.
K guy who knows everything read my comments plus he had a shitty attitude and constantly was breaking the rules

I did read your comments. I was a Head Admin for a while. I know what I'm talking about. Unless they magically changed the Ethos (which I HIGHLY doubt) nothing has changed. So you can take your bad attitude and shove it. I'm trying to help you guys understand the way administrating works and how banning people works, since ya know you were supposed to be taught that during your training. It doesn't matter how bad his attitude is, or how many rules he breaks. You ban his based on his recents and what he is currently doing. You start small and work your way up.

Edit: you're a mod... what do you even know about banning/the proper way to ban? you weren't trained to nor do you have the command to.
Oo you're hard Corgi

I'll get someone to handle this asap epussy
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036891

I want to add to my last post that it's explicitly stated that the ethos is not supposed to impede with a staff member's work, which for the main part is protecting the user experience on the server. If you disagree with this, you're part of a long lasting problem in the SSRP staff team.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036892

Don't really know what that Users done, However, 3 Weeks is way too excessive, which I am glad to see that you've actually lowered said Ban, yet again, you lowered it but It's only been lowered to 2 Weeks, meaning the User most likely had a Recent Ban I'd assume? As anything else wouldn't really make sense. Sure, you somewhat could put "No intent to play the Server" into the Ban reason IF all he was doing was Breaking rules since he's joined ands only been giving 0 Fucks about what he's after being addressed by a Staff member, other than that the Ban still is too long. Everything I said was said by Corgi If I read that correctly but whatever!
  • Latram
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ⚜️Lukes dads gone⚜️
  • Thanks received: 584
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, TheCorgi

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036893

dankek wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:
You don't know the rap sheet of the user who got banned, you don't know his attitude, you don't know what he has done up until that point, you don't know what he said to warrant such a long ban in the first place. Mass RDMing with multiple punishments on your rapsheet, even more so if there are multiple recent Mass RDM punishments can easily warrant a one month ban.

A 1 month ban should only be given if there are recent bans included on the rapsheet. You begin at a few days and work your way up to the month. That's what the ethos is about. Fair and equal treatment. If someone comes back a ban of 5 recent punishments of Mass RDM, then you double the ban length. If they do it again, you do it again. You can't just automatically give someone a month long ban because they have say 5 recents all pertaining to Mass RDM. They should have been banned 2-3 punishments ago, but this is hypothetical.

Richard how about you tell us if he had a recent ban (or just tell us your side of the story) rather than tiptoeing around it and trying to meme your demote request. Like c'mon.
I disagree with this notion. I know what you're talking about doubling the ban length, but imo it has always been a terrible way to deal with rulebreakers. People get chances; perhaps this time they got a little too many, and richie just banned the guy for a huge amount of time that reflects the punishments on his rap sheet.

Hate to bring it down to you though, but the staff ethos is a bunch of guidelines. Nothing more than that. If they get in the way of protecting the user's experience, you'll get a fucking hell of a ban hammer in your face, that reflects the amount of times you've been a cunt in the duration you've been in the server. Of course, time between the punishments and logic should be accounted. E.g. I'd easily permaban a guy who has a rap sheet with one or two mass rdms on his rap sheet every couple of weeks, because that motherfucker is exploiting the ethos.
Another example would be a user who returns from a permaban, and about a month after being unbanned he starts doing the same shit he did which caused the permaban; you bet that I'd warn the person to be cautious and aware. Next time he pulls some of this dumb shit again, it's a permaban, I wouldn't even give a fuck, he'd fully deserve it and he's clearly not changed yet he's playing on the server with that being the premise.

The situations you describe here have nothing to do with the situation I'm reporting? Richard clearly shouldn't have banned the guy for 3 weeks, it's way too excessive and he knows it as well.
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036894

dankek wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

I disagree with this notion. I know what you're talking about doubling the ban length, but imo it has always been a terrible way to deal with rulebreakers. People get chances; perhaps this time they got a little too many, and richie just banned the guy for a huge amount of time that reflects the punishments on his rap sheet.

Hate to bring it down to you though, but the staff ethos is a bunch of guidelines. Nothing more than that. If they get in the way of protecting the user's experience, you'll get a fucking hell of a ban hammer in your face, that reflects the amount of times you've been a cunt in the duration you've been in the server. Of course, time between the punishments and logic should be accounted. E.g. I'd easily permaban a guy who has a rap sheet with one or two mass rdms on his rap sheet every couple of weeks, because that motherfucker is exploiting the ethos.
Another example would be a user who returns from a permaban, and about a month after being unbanned he starts doing the same shit he did which caused the permaban; you bet that I'd warn the person to be cautious and aware. Next time he pulls some of this dumb shit again, it's a permaban, I wouldn't even give a fuck, he'd fully deserve it and he's clearly not changed yet he's playing on the server with that being the premise.

A permaban that came back to do that same things is different from this situation. I agree with you in that aspect, and I've unbanned people from permas, giving them a time frame in which they have to prove themselves to the server. Most times the people that had that became staff and turned themselves around because they were given that chance. As for your other example, that would be iffy and should probably be brought up to the LT rather than taking that into your own hands as an admin.

That's why I asked for Richards side of the story, because right now all we have is his ridiculous ban and him attempting to meme this request. What do you want me to take from that.

Also the whole doubling the ban thing I usually only kept to if it was within the first week. If they did something else ban worthy within the second week I'd basically "reset" it. It's different based on the situation obviously. And you should only double the ban if they're doing the SAME thing that they were banned for before.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
  • Thanks received: 384
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036895

EiPUS wrote:
dankek wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

The situations you describe here have nothing to do with the situation I'm reporting? Richard clearly shouldn't have banned the guy for 3 weeks, it's way too excessive and he knows it as well.
I'm clearly responding to the reply Corgi made, not specifically on the situation regarding the post. My stance on the demote request is the first reply I made here man.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036896

Clarky wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Comfy wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

K guy who knows everything read my comments plus he had a shitty attitude and constantly was breaking the rules

I did read your comments. I was a Head Admin for a while. I know what I'm talking about. Unless they magically changed the Ethos (which I HIGHLY doubt) nothing has changed. So you can take your bad attitude and shove it. I'm trying to help you guys understand the way administrating works and how banning people works, since ya know you were supposed to be taught that during your training. It doesn't matter how bad his attitude is, or how many rules he breaks. You ban his based on his recents and what he is currently doing. You start small and work your way up.

Edit: you're a mod... what do you even know about banning/the proper way to ban? you weren't trained to nor do you have the command to.
Oo you're hard Corgi

I'll get someone to handle this asap epussy

Y'all are getting soft on your staff, cmonnnnnn mannn. Smack em into shape. but thanks b.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036898

dankek wrote:
this ^^
  • ChikenGod
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • BiWx Vape still not implemented smh.
  • Thanks received: 271

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036899

TheCorgi wrote:
dankek wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

A permaban that came back to do that same things is different from this situation. I agree with you in that aspect, and I've unbanned people from permas, giving them a time frame in which they have to prove themselves to the server. Most times the people that had that became staff and turned themselves around because they were given that chance. As for your other example, that would be iffy and should probably be brought up to the LT rather than taking that into your own hands as an admin.

That's why I asked for Richards side of the story, because right now all we have is his ridiculous ban and him attempting to meme this request. What do you want me to take from that.

Also the whole doubling the ban thing I usually only kept to if it was within the first week. If they did something else ban worthy within the second week I'd basically "reset" it. It's different based on the situation obviously. And you should only double the ban if they're doing the SAME thing that they were banned for before.
I generally don't find the "slap on the wrist" option a good thing to do and I've always done the opposite of what you're describing. This is the reason that cancerous users were always playing, because simply with a week of not doing the same bs they'd just not get banned a lot.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036902

Gamesys The Chiken God wrote:
dankek wrote:
this ^^

I've asked repeatedly for Richard to give his side of the story, or give us some insight and yet there's none. So what else are we supposed to think besides from Eipus' report and Richard's attempt to meme this request. That he either can't prove himself or doesn't want to.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036906

Even when I went around breaking quite a few rules as well as having a shitty attitude, I did not even receive a two week ban lol. This is highly excessive imo.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036907

I've been banned like 3 times had 5 recents (banned from a ha) and raided a building base and it was only 3 days?, With 3 recent bans 5 recent warns and currently breaking a rule while being banned.
  • Kulm
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 183
change your password
sorle was here
smol dong was here

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036908

TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

Not taking any sides but based on your logic:

STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Richard Woodfield (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Banned on 22/09/2018 - 17:25:28 for 2 week(s) with reason 7 Recent Punishments + RDM + Lying To Staff

STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Dr Richard (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Updated Ban on 23/10/2018 - 18:13:26 for 2 week(s) with reason 5 Recent Punishements + Ignoring Sit + Constantly Rule Breaking [Mass RDM] - Minimal intention to RP

He did the exact same length.
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by AlphaLyle.

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036910

dankek wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
dankek wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

I generally don't find the "slap on the wrist" option a good thing to do and I've always done the opposite of what you're describing. This is the reason that cancerous users were always playing, because simply with a week of not doing the same bs they'd just not get banned a lot.

I never did the "slap on the wrist" they'd be punished if needed. Coming back from a recent ban can bring about different outcomes. Me just doing the first week of a recent was a me thing. I never told other staff to do it, nor do I suggest it. The only difference I think is the amount of time I would watch them within the first week. It was kind of a constant thing for me to just watch and lurk. If I knew someone was just recently unbanned I'd be on them as long as possible. Their first mistake they'd be banned. No ifs, ands, or buts.
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036912

1. STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Ballistic (STEAM_0:0:99166469). Banned on 04/09/2018 - 20:32:31 for 1 week(s), 1 hour(s) with reason mass rdm 8x recents

2. STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Richard Woodfield (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Banned on 22/09/2018 - 17:25:28 for 2 week(s) with reason 7 Recent Punishments + RDM + Lying To Staff

3. STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Dr Richard (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Updated Ban on 23/10/2018 - 18:03:16 for 3 week(s), 5 day(s) with reason 5 Recent Punishements + Ignoring Sit + Constantly Rule Breaking [Mass RDM] - Minimal intention to RP

(doubled everytime)
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|

西兰花共同拥有者

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036913

TheCorgi wrote:
Gamesys The Chiken God wrote:
dankek wrote:
this ^^

I've asked repeatedly for Richard to give his side of the story, or give us some insight and yet there's none. So what else are we supposed to think besides from Eipus' report and Richard's attempt to meme this request. That he either can't prove himself or doesn't want to.
EDIT: I think Richard went to do something after he posted the last comment, i may be blind if you asked for it before but the player who he banned may have been given countless chances in multiple sits and if this is what actually happened I would have banned him on the spot for a minimum of 3 weeks.
  • ChikenGod
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • BiWx Vape still not implemented smh.
  • Thanks received: 271
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by ChikenGod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheCorgi

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036914

AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Richard Woodfield (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Banned on 22/09/2018 - 17:25:28 for 2 week(s) with reason 7 Recent Punishments + RDM + Lying To Staff

STEAM_0:1:426739601 punished by Dr Richard (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Updated Ban on 23/10/2018 - 18:13:26 for 2 week(s) with reason 5 Recent Punishements + Ignoring Sit + Constantly Rule Breaking [Mass RDM] - Minimal intention to RP

Well I think the first one is still excessive. But again, I don't have any background info on that. The second one shouldn't have minimal intention to RP since you can't really punish for that. The other two I consider warnings, so really, he would only have 7 recents. A week max at that. The first one should still be a week max depending on what the situation is or if he had recent bans. What are you all not understanding about me saying that?
  • TheCorgi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 봄날
EX-SSRP Head Admin
EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036915

ill handle this, keep all posts on topic and within the TOU.
  • LuciouS
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ✓ Dankek is a top lad ✓
  • Thanks received: 293
Ranks:
✪ Ex- SSRP Super Admin ✪
✪ Ex- TeamSpeak Staff ✪
✪ Ex- Forum Staff ✪

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036916

TheCorgi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
TheCorgi wrote:
Dr Richard wrote:
dankek wrote:

Well I think the first one is still excessive. But again, I don't have any background info on that. The second one shouldn't have minimal intention to RP since you can't really punish for that. The other two I consider warnings, so really, he would only have 7 recents. A week max at that. The first one should still be a week max depending on what the situation is or if he had recent bans. What are you all not understanding about me saying that?

Well, you did say that admins should slowly double the ban length if they repeatedly break the same offences, which he did.
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|

西兰花共同拥有者

[SSRP] Demote Request - Dr Richard 5 years 6 months ago #1036918

LuciouS wrote:
ill handle this, keep all posts on topic and within the TOU.

Fuck you

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Kulm
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 183
change your password
sorle was here
smol dong was here
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

249 PLAYERS ONLINE