Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we?

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504458

Server 3.

Anyone that plays at around 9 PM or past that on Server 3 EST knows that the experience of any sort of "role-palying" is non existent. Constantly I see players complaining, they can't role-play, and there's never a staff member on, and if he is he's AFK.

The average player wanting to join a server to see it's content won't be recording 24/7, and should not be expected to. It's an American Server so at peak time, with around 30-40 players at night, maybe more, we really need some more staff on for these times.

If any of guys have the ability to be on at this time, and can, it would be awesome for the players as there's not much enjoyment on a server and it's hard to grow a server when the first thing that comes to mind when you think of it is "How am I going to get RDM'd next?"
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Login or register to post a reply.

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504459

Sadly this is how its been since S3 opened in July. The server fills up with squeakers who Mass RDM and don't get punished for it.
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
  • Thanks received: 1642
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504460

Sam the Sausage wrote:
Sadly this is how its been since S3 opened in July. The server fills up with squeakers who Mass RDM and don't get punished for it.

I see one admin on a time usually, and I understand what it's like to be the only staff on and being constantly overwhelmed, it's not welcoming and is a terrible experience. Even though it's the job, I hope this is something that can be discussed next meeting because the experience people are having is totally unacceptable.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504462

Morgan wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:

I see one admin on a time usually, and I understand what it's like to be the only staff on and being constantly overwhelmed, it's not welcoming and is a terrible experience. Even though it's the job, I hope this is something that can be discussed next meeting because the experience people are having is totally unacceptable.
Agreed, new players who join to actually RP are often greeted by RDM and propspam in spawn. Sometimes it is so bad that you cant even leave the spawn area to go anywhere else. People propspam and crash the server, and on rare occasions people hack and ESP people's items. I have seen a few times where someone is just trying to set up a shop or something and just keeps getting RDMed repeatedly and is begging an admin for help.
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504478

Personally, I can't come on during that time because I would be at school.

Regarding the issue, we cannot force staff members to go on a specific server, but if we feel a server needs staff at a certain time we would ask them to go on there. Most players have high ping there and don't enjoy playing Server 3 as much as they enjoy playing Server 1 and 2 given that our player base is mostly European.
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504502

Sam the Sausage wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:

Agreed, new players who join to actually RP are often greeted by RDM and propspam in spawn. Sometimes it is so bad that you cant even leave the spawn area to go anywhere else. People propspam and crash the server, and on rare occasions people hack and ESP people's items. I have seen a few times where someone is just trying to set up a shop or something and just keeps getting RDMed repeatedly and is begging an admin for help.

I'm really really confused because it seem like you feel really strong about this issue and you have experienced it a lot but I can't seem to find any reports made by you for that server ? So do you only care enough to complain but not enough to get off your own ass and do something like take a 2min clip of someone breaking rules ? And the "no one gets punished" statement of yours is complete bullshit besuse a lot of people have been banned and warned because of server three. ( I can get the proof, can you? )

SamTheOnlyCaresWhenHesGotTimeSasuage
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by RedPowder.

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504503

That is around 11 PM for me which is when I am normally not on and am doing homework then sleep. Which is the reason I cannot come on at that time :/
  • Aria
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • kris and ali are studs
  • Thanks received: 411

ApeX. Pennybomber, Muhammed Ali, Kodi, Roy Harper, Helari, Kris Dude, BiWx, Micky, Strafing, Grumpy, Gamesys, Klaprefot, B4nQk0k, Seraphian, AceInsidious, VeGoVeVo

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504505

RedPowder wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:

I'm really really confused because it seem like you feel really strong about this issue and you have experienced it a lot but I can't seem to find any reports made by you for that server ? So do you only care enough to complain but not enough to get off your own ass and do something like taken a 2min clip of someone breaking rules ? And the "no one gets punished" statement of yours is complete bullshit besuse a lot of people have been banned and warned because of server three. ( I can get the proof, can you? )

Yeaah man but if we had to record everyone rulebreaking in server 3 my hard drive couldnt handle it.
  • Diego
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 407
~
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504508

Diego wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:

I'm really really confused because it seem like you feel really strong about this issue and you have experienced it a lot but I can't seem to find any reports made by you for that server ? So do you only care enough to complain but not enough to get off your own ass and do something like taken a 2min clip of someone breaking rules ? And the "no one gets punished" statement of yours is complete bullshit besuse a lot of people have been banned and warned because of server three. ( I can get the proof, can you? )

Yeaah man but if we had to record everyone rulebreaking in server 3 my hard drive couldnt handle it.
( I know this was a joke btw but just incase
Someone didn't ) yeah but one or two videos could make a big difference to the whole server.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diego

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504589

Hello Morgan,

Alright so since I've been getting spammed so much at night as I'm usually the last Lead Team to fall a sleep (LUAN doesn't count neither does Sally ;)), I promise that I'll always be on server 3 for about 2 Hours before I fall a sleep, So that'll be roughly 12PM-2AM my time unsure about your time.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504603

We are looking for more American staff members to staff on server 3.
But they are rather rare and only come in small batches.
the issue with server 3 is. It is so chaotic that often only 2 or 3 staff members are on. And they simply cannot handle the load on it.
So more American staff would be appreciated
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504604

ParaMontana wrote:
the issue with server 3 is. It is so chaotic that often only 2 or 3 staff members are on. And they simply cannot handle the load on it.

other than the time there is 15 odd staff basing not doing any f1's :)
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504643

If I get accepted for staff this evening I will be focusing on server 3 due to being a main player there and personally having bad experiences there due to rule breakers.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504649

• Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5060
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sada., Jim_Jam, AceInsidious, Roy Harper

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504650

Chuteuk wrote:
Nice photoshop skillz xD
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504697

ParaMontana wrote:

I'd be willing to start and come on to help out server 3 but my activity is bad because I get bored and really I just wanna stop the rulebreakers, but I can't do much either than report it to an afk staff member.
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan18

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504729

i agree morgan and sam, i spent roughly 80 gb recording rule breakers back when i used to make so many reports
  • Hamzah
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ayy
  • Thanks received: 390

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504805

RedPowder wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:

I'm really really confused because it seem like you feel really strong about this issue and you have experienced it a lot but I can't seem to find any reports made by you for that server ? So do you only care enough to complain but not enough to get off your own ass and do something like take a 2min clip of someone breaking rules ? And the "no one gets punished" statement of yours is complete bullshit besuse a lot of people have been banned and warned because of server three. ( I can get the proof, can you? )

Jesus Christ red, no need to be a fucking prick about it. I was just stating multiple reasons why s3 is a free for all. Not only me that noticed these situations but plenty more players have noticed them as well. Also if you think that nobody gets punished, try coming on after 11pm EST when 99% of the time there aren't any staff members. You know what else is funny? You have all this talk about me being lazy but I never saw you do a God damn thing on s3. And I am lazy because I dont record the rulebreakers, I am just dumbfounded by that statement. I am not lazy when I record myself PLAYING A GAME. But when I don't record myself I am. So sitting and playing a game for 15 hours straight isn't lazy. But when i dont record it is. You seem to be throwing a lot of blame on the players but in reailty it's the staff members who couldn't give a single fuck about what happens on that server in the nighttime.
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504849

Sam the Sausage wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:

Jesus Christ red, no need to be a fucking prick about it. I was just stating multiple reasons why s3 is a free for all. Not only me that noticed these situations but plenty more players have noticed them as well. Also if you think that nobody gets punished, try coming on after 11pm EST when 99% of the time there aren't any staff members. You know what else is funny? You have all this talk about me being lazy but I never saw you do a God damn thing on s3. And I am lazy because I dont record the rulebreakers, I am just dumbfounded by that statement. I am not lazy when I record myself PLAYING A GAME. But when I don't record myself I am. So sitting and playing a game for 15 hours straight isn't lazy. But when i dont record it is. You seem to be throwing a lot of blame on the players but in reality it's the staff members who couldn't give a single fuck about what happens on that server in the nighttime.
Sam, I read this and it's made me laugh so much especially the part where you said "Staff members who couldn't give a single fuck", When in reality. We're all Humans, We have Jobs,School,Sleep,Life to live and nobody what so ever can maintain 3 servers on there own, Especially with s3 being such a high server during peak times at night. So as it's American and most staff on ZARP are from EU, The timezone is a bit hard to work around as most people have school/work to go to so we're all a sleep in bed, We try our best to maintain all servers to the best we can however we're not robots who're always available 24/7. So once you actually get that through your brain that we try then I'm all good with that. Like I said above as well as what Para Said, If you're on s3 and are an actual decent player who doesn't rulebreak then apply for staff simple as that. But like I said above, I'll become a s3 player when we need it most roughly 12PM-2AM.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? 7 years 1 month ago #504901

Gimme Admin I'll handle it
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™