Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ZARPs future

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330844

So recently a lot of our serves are slowly dying and having less players play over time. I know people want to say "Oh this happens all the time don't worry about it" but we've been in this slope for a while now and I feel that zarp could use a boost to get its popularity up again. People say it's the economy or special weapons preventing basing or people not basing. It is all of it and more reasons some people blame it on staff "not doing their jobs or being abusive" and simply people being bored or leaving to be with their friends. What I'm suggesting is one of a few things.

Conclusion One
Nerf Special weapons for a few days or weeks excluding Milkours, RPG and orbital Strikes to see if the basing increases.

Conclusion Two
Make basing more fun. Allow people to base on higher buildings to have more potential for sniping and hiding gameplay as normally its but rushing with a SVU, PSG and a Spaz 12. Or do something else like adding a cool twist to basing such as one building can have a max of a 6 people inside (unless there are more than 6 rooms within the building) so people can have ideas like bridges or walk ways to the rest of the bases that include your friends/gangs for potentially more fun ways of basing.

Conclusion Three
Add a point shop
Now I know a lot of people are rough around the edges with this but my idea was not the same as the rest. My idea is to make a point shop where you can buy upgrades/attachments for guns with a certain type of currency (Gems. It would make gems more useful) Say you wanted to buy a attachment like double zoom for a sniper which would be 75,000 gems and you can attach and reatach it in your inventory when you go to equip it. You could also have it so you can buy ammo for certain special weapons like milkours, RPG, M202, Matador anything with explosive bullets (excluding orbital strikes) We could add it so you can buy things like Gamma rifles and Cs grenades and The Rare Sniper and smoke grenades. (But of course they would be extremely expensive) and maybe Add the riot shield and all the special items but make them extremely Expensive (Do not include craftable items as it could ruin the potential for crafting).

We all know zarp is slowly becoming more and more boring due to the lack of players like before and I know people are going to come in here ranting about how its not but from people who really play everyday and realize it gets boring a lot faster due to people not basing etc so they leave and less people playing know what its like.
I feel like we can get zarp back up to Number One if we find ways to draw players in again.
If you have any ideas just leave them below.
Thanks
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 806
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by GmodTrolla.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WaLK3r, SwiiFTz, Simmy, Ken Kask, Nate

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330846

Its time for some more non- vip printers as well thst can actually make you a good amount of money and not make it a pay to win.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330877

Gmod Troller wrote:
So recently a lot of our serves are slowly dying and having less players play over time. I know people want to say "Oh this happens all the time don't worry about it" but we've been in this slope for a while now and I feel that zarp could use a boost to get its popularity up again. People say it's the economy or special weapons preventing basing or people not basing. It is all of it and more reasons some people blame it on staff "not doing their jobs or being abusive" and simply people being bored or leaving to be with their friends. What I'm suggesting is one of a few things.

Conclusion One
Nerf Special weapons for a few days or weeks excluding Milkours, RPG and orbital Strikes to see if the basing increases.

Conclusion Two
Make basing more fun. Allow people to base on higher buildings to have more potential for sniping and hiding gameplay as normally its but rushing with a SVU, PSG and a Spaz 12. Or do something else like adding a cool twist to basing such as one building can have a max of a 6 people inside (unless there are more than 6 rooms within the building) so people can have ideas like bridges or walk ways to the rest of the bases that include your friends/gangs for potentially more fun ways of basing.

Conclusion Three
Add a point shop
Now I know a lot of people are rough around the edges with this but my idea was not the same as the rest. My idea is to make a point shop where you can buy upgrades/attachments for guns with a certain type of currency (Gems. It would make gems more useful) Say you wanted to buy a attachment like double zoom for a sniper which would be 75,000 gems and you can attach and reatach it in your inventory when you go to equip it. You could also have it so you can buy ammo for certain special weapons like milkours, RPG, M202, Matador anything with explosive bullets (excluding orbital strikes) We could add it so you can buy things like Gamma rifles and Cs grenades and The Rare Sniper and smoke grenades. (But of course they would be extremely expensive) and maybe Add the riot shield and all the special items but make them extremely Expensive (Do not include craftable items as it could ruin the potential for crafting).

We all know zarp is slowly becoming more and more boring due to the lack of players like before and I know people are going to come in here ranting about how its not but from people who really play everyday and realize it gets boring a lot faster due to people not basing etc so they leave and less people playing know what its like.
I feel like we can get zarp back up to Number One if we find ways to draw players in again.
If you have any ideas just leave them below.
Thanks

Its cos I don't play as much hehexd
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330882

Huge support from me.
If even one of these ideas was implemented I feel like alot more people would come back to zarp and the new people will stay on zarp.
Every idea brought up so far on my opinion would benefit the server greatly.
Thanks for the long and detailed suggestion mr.troll
  • FluffyOP
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nade,Vitx,Aspect Simon&Hermoine,Plankton
  • Thanks received: 148
Ex-MC Owner and developer
Old, old Ex-SSRP staff
Ex-TS staff
Hermoine <3
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by FluffyOP.

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330884

:support:
  • Ken Kask
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Aye
  • Thanks received: 63
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Ken Kask. Reason: k

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330887

Yea. A huge :plussp: from me as well
  • JokerMan
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ayyyyyyy
  • Thanks received: 279

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330890

A really big :plussp: from me. Zarp is slowly dying, and we need a change. We need zarp to be populated once again...
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1397
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330940

I see multiple people addressing how "ZARP is dying", yet you're only providing examples for SSRP. The servers aren't slowly dieing, but there is an issue with the lack of bases and mining currently - that doesn't mean anything is dead. It's always good to see people actually go out there with suggestions and make a change, but I believe your facts are a little off on this thread.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330942

Nerfing special weapons will make basing for people who already have strong bases EVEN easier. Imagine everyone on the server basing and making tons of cash, that would destroy the economy EVEN more.
  • Legacy™
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-SSRP Administrator Ex-Deathrun Administrator
  • Thanks received: 163

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330960

Reset the economy, let everyone start with 20k with no inventory again.
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330961

spodermon wrote:
Thats a good way to make half the playerbase leave..
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 105

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Ex Minecraft Administrator
Deathrun Administrator

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330962

JoeDuggs wrote:
spodermon wrote:

Its just a suggestion
And I think not half the playerbase would leave, I think actually more people will join again, because then you have a chance to start basing again+ Everyone has almost the same amount of money.
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330963

spodermon wrote:
JoeDuggs wrote:
spodermon wrote:

Its just a suggestion
And I think not half the playerbase would leave, I think actually more people will join again, because then you have a chance to start basing again+ Everyone has almost the same amount of money.

Yeah, for around two weeks or so, if that. If their was an economical reset it should be a last resort to this issue, that would upset a large majority of players who have donated for booster packs, worked hard for their items, and money.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #330978

I agree no one bases anymore because its not worth it why base and risk losing your printers, when you can buy a alt to mine or attack other players who are totally under powered.

The problem with too much basing is it destroys the whole element of a role play server which is ,believe it or not, the role play and social element where people would rather be afk whilst inside a base with max prop protection and guarded by 10 other players printing or making drugs or even afk mining.

If we did nerf the special weapons then it would go back to the "old" (i say old because it was the state of the server when i joined) where even rpgs where rare and m202s where pretty much worshiped and people actually based because they knew the chances of their bases being blown up were low so they role played with other players, this is what got the server 1 max players the equal balance between new and experienced players. Now the server has no bases because of the overpowered players who are not even worth trying to fight against who will one shot you with a scope boost or gluon gun your base into nothing.

This Is My Opinion
  • IntoTheUnknown
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 49

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #331004

R-Flex wrote:
Its time for some more non- vip printers as well thst can actually make you a good amount of money and not make it a pay to win.
This. I know that the fact that I'm not a Zarp VIP yet immediately turns me away from the server, it's impossible for me to compete with other players money wise when the best thing I can put down is a Sapphire printer, and have 0 interest in leaving my PC running while I AFK mine. That's just not DarkRP to me.

Friendly Player's printer system worked better than Zarp's currently does imo. All you had to do was get a printer master, which wasn't hard to get even for newer players, and you're instantly on the same level as everybody else on the server. Meaning everybody's printers were printing at the same rate and everyone had a chance to get rich. Simple, fair, and still fun.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #331005

Jokes aside I would definitely start playing zarp non stop again if people bothered to implement all of this is sounds great so
You have my absolute + Support :zarp:
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Bazaraxe.

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #331008

spodermon wrote:

I'm really sorry for saying this oh wait I'm not....

This is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard, and I'm pretty sure this would make some staff leave the community not to forget everyone else that's bashed out this server their whole life and I know SSRP isn't the only Zarp server
BUT STILL
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #331015

Legacy™ wrote:
Nerfing special weapons will make basing for people who already have strong bases EVEN easier. Imagine everyone on the server basing and making tons of cash, that would destroy the economy EVEN more.

Well that is the point of SSRP to make money from printing and not AFK mining, It won't ruin the economy if it is a BALANCED nerf which is enough for bases to be up but a bucketload of skill involved in the raids not just 2 shots from a handcannon
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #331123

Morgan wrote:
I see multiple people addressing how "ZARP is dying", yet you're only providing examples for SSRP. The servers aren't slowly dieing, but there is an issue with the lack of bases and mining currently - that doesn't mean anything is dead. It's always good to see people actually go out there with suggestions and make a change, but I believe your facts are a little off on this thread.
They are slowly dying, SSRP was in the top ten a few months ago now its in 45+ The reason ZARP is one of the pretty well known servers is mainly due to SSRP and for the players who mainly play the other gamemodes you know that this is true as its currently the most populated server for the most amount of time even though it doesn't get as much attention as previously before we hit this slope. Morga that's why I only included SSRP because if It dies most of ZARP loses its popularity. As much as i get bored I really don't want this community to die I want to get the same joy as when I first played not repetitive and boring bases with 100+ printers inside. Listen to what were saying and drop the same argument you use in every single one of these posts.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 806
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

ZARPs future 8 years 3 weeks ago #331309

Gmod Troller wrote:
Morgan wrote:
They are slowly dying, SSRP was in the top ten a few months ago now its in 45+ The reason ZARP is one of the pretty well known servers is mainly due to SSRP and for the players who mainly play the other gamemodes you know that this is true as its currently the most populated server for the most amount of time even though it doesn't get as much attention as previously before we hit this slope. Morga that's why I only included SSRP because if It dies most of ZARP loses its popularity. As much as i get bored I really don't want this community to die I want to get the same joy as when I first played not repetitive and boring bases with 100+ printers inside. Listen to what were saying and drop the same argument you use in every single one of these posts.
I really don't see your argument here. Isnt that what darkrp is? To make money, base and raid? Im just waiting until someone makes a post about drug dealers or some shit saying "theyre ruining the economy!" Or if there's a wheel on the next update.
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 105

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Ex Minecraft Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by JoeDuggs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

196 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32