Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Super Straight" discussion

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319765

EviIstewie wrote:
narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
Nogtog wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Ngl i was rly tired when i posted that and sound like a fucking moron. I'm saying that referring to yourself as "super straight" makes you sound more transphobic than if you just say you don't want to date a trans person. By labelling yourself as super straight that's just unnecessary hate that you'll be getting. Like other people have said there are tons of different genders and everything and why is this term only being made now? In my opinion (which does not matter) it's just not needed to have a whole new term for people who don't want to date trans people, especially with the implications of calling yourself "super straight" (just sounds kinda bad) My point with the super white thing (which was fucking stupid with hindsight) was to do with people who wouldn't date black people for example, which doesn't make them racist. If you used such a term for your attraction towards race, it just sounds racist even though it wouldn't be, so why would you use it?

First off the term racist has been so over fucking used its lost all meaning, you got a 13 year old who dropped the nword instantly put in the same category as the scummy fucks in the KKK who lynch, burn and over all are just fucking disgusting people. And to be fair the term transphobic is over used, you can not want to date a trans person and get compared and put in the same category as someone who truly hates trans people (again those people are fucking idiots). Hence the term was made to show preferences from birth that they have no control over in the same way gay people are, or bi people or well how everyone can not control preferences

Adding race to the mix is a silly argument, but on the topic of it being transpohic, it's such a small minority of people that believe not necessarily wanting to date a trans person is transphobic, there are definitely transphobic ways to go about it and to portray your disinterest in trans people but I feel like people get so worked up over the minority opinion and take that as if all trans people think like that and are that extreme, people just aren't actually like that, that shits just twitter.

On the flip side a minority of people are actually racist/transphobic/neonazi etc but it seems everyone gets grouped from either side. You are far left or far right blah blah blah.

I get what you mean for sure but when something is made to make a mockery out of real trans issues, or to just generally take the piss out of the LGBTQI+ community then I find it rather hard to believe the transphobic people are a minority, I'd also like to stress again I'm not putting race into this or calling anyone nazis.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skippergroe, Rose

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319771

I'm SuperShagging anyone I find cute lad B)
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: Double Decker Double Decker, narexa, Jeppe

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319776

narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
Nogtog wrote:

Ngl i was rly tired when i posted that and sound like a fucking moron. I'm saying that referring to yourself as "super straight" makes you sound more transphobic than if you just say you don't want to date a trans person. By labelling yourself as super straight that's just unnecessary hate that you'll be getting. Like other people have said there are tons of different genders and everything and why is this term only being made now? In my opinion (which does not matter) it's just not needed to have a whole new term for people who don't want to date trans people, especially with the implications of calling yourself "super straight" (just sounds kinda bad) My point with the super white thing (which was fucking stupid with hindsight) was to do with people who wouldn't date black people for example, which doesn't make them racist. If you used such a term for your attraction towards race, it just sounds racist even though it wouldn't be, so why would you use it?

First off the term racist has been so over fucking used its lost all meaning, you got a 13 year old who dropped the nword instantly put in the same category as the scummy fucks in the KKK who lynch, burn and over all are just fucking disgusting people. And to be fair the term transphobic is over used, you can not want to date a trans person and get compared and put in the same category as someone who truly hates trans people (again those people are fucking idiots). Hence the term was made to show preferences from birth that they have no control over in the same way gay people are, or bi people or well how everyone can not control preferences

Adding race to the mix is a silly argument, but on the topic of it being transpohic, it's such a small minority of people that believe not necessarily wanting to date a trans person is transphobic, there are definitely transphobic ways to go about it and to portray your disinterest in trans people but I feel like people get so worked up over the minority opinion and take that as if all trans people think like that and are that extreme, people just aren't actually like that, that shits just twitter.

On the flip side a minority of people are actually racist/transphobic/neonazi etc but it seems everyone gets grouped from either side. You are far left or far right blah blah blah.

I get what you mean for sure but when something is made to make a mockery out of real trans issues, or to just generally take the piss out of the LGBTQI+ community then I find it rather hard to believe the transphobic people are a minority, I'd also like to stress again I'm not putting race into this or calling anyone nazis.

Just so we are on the same page, the point you are standing by is more transphobic people exist over people who are not? If they are not a minority they are the majority. If I'm reading your statement correctly then well I think its a very silly thing to say let alone believe in, people who tend not to care about someones preferences (gay/bi/trans/whatever) just keep quiet as they have nothing to say on the matter, its only people who take issue speaking negatively against the lgbt community hence it would appear whatever-phobic people exist more than people who are not. Then there is people like myself who are interested in more insight and hear what others have to say (hence the whole reason why are having this conversation). I also think a line needs to be drawn at whats a distasteful joke that puts the lgbt community in a negative light and actual hatred. Same issue goes for race, I whole heartily believe a difference exists between saying jokes about a race or just not great things to say in regards to race then actually being racist aka having hatred towards a race purely based on race and race alone (which the majority will agree is fucking stupid)

One of my biggest hates is identity politics, I can't speak for others but my personal morals/beliefs are I do not give a fuck about your skin colour, sexual preference, gender, hair colour, religious beliefs or even if you have a kpop profile gif (;)). Basically anything that is a "label", I judge a person based on their own mindset/morals and what they bring to the table with words and actions. I also heavily believe if someone judges someone purely based on anything mentioned previously they are a fucking muppet to put it bluntly

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319779

EviIstewie wrote:
narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
Nogtog wrote:

Just so we are on the same page, the point you are standing by is more transphobic people exist over people who are not? If they are not a minority they are the majority. If I'm reading your statement correctly then well I think its a very silly thing to say let alone believe in, people who tend not to care about someones preferences (gay/bi/trans/whatever) just keep quiet as they have nothing to say on the matter, its only people who take issue speaking negatively against the lgbt community hence it would appear whatever-phobic people exist more than people who are not. Then there is people like myself who are interested in more insight and hear what others have to say (hence the whole reason why are having this conversation). I also think a line needs to be drawn at whats a distasteful joke that puts the lgbt community in a negative light and actual hatred. Same issue goes for race, I whole heartily believe a difference exists between saying jokes about a race or just not great things to say in regards to race then actually being racist aka having hatred towards a race purely based on race and race alone (which the majority will agree is fucking stupid)

One of my biggest hates is identity politics, I can't speak for others but my personal morals/beliefs are I do not give a fuck about your skin colour, sexual preference, gender, hair colour, religious beliefs or even if you have a kpop profile gif (;)). Basically anything that is a "label", I judge a person based on their own mindset/morals and what they bring to the table with words and actions. I also heavily believe if someone judges someone purely based on anything mentioned previously they are a fucking muppet to put it bluntly
Identity politics is a hard one for me pal some of these groups have this identity of who they are and form groups so they can support each other cause more often than not they suffer at the hands of abuse and oppression because of their identity, and then the obvious problem with this is that these formations of groups is that they cause a further separation in society and create hate between groups that are not of the same type.
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319780

just lock this shit already its fkn retarded
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • "We're all gonna make it brah"
  • Thanks received: 2485
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319782

MsRevine wrote:

Care to go further in depth on what makes it "fkn retarded"?

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319783

MsRevine wrote:
didnt realise you cant have a grown up discussion.
  • Sup bitch
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • bum bum face
  • Thanks received: 207
I like a lot of attention! Please give me attention, daddy! uwu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Double Decker Double Decker

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319784

EviIstewie wrote:
narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
Nogtog wrote:

Alright I'll respond in parts

"Just so we are on the same page, the point you are standing by is more transphobic people exist over people who are not? If they are not a minority they are the majority."

Yes, I'd say the majority of the people identifying as "Super Straight" are probably transphobic, and I've yet to see anything differently.

"I also think a line needs to be drawn at whats a distasteful joke that puts the lgbt community in a negative light"

I completely agree, but when a minority is thrown into the mix its a little bit different, trans people are discriminated day in day out, they're being harassed, abused and even killed all over the world for being trans, that's not to say you can't make any sort of trans jokes, but when you're directly just making a mockery out of an entire movement you're kind of a dick and part of the problem in my opinion.

"One of my biggest hates is identity politics"

Umm, that depends. What do you actually mean by identity politics? that is an extremely vague thing as things such as BLM could fall into it, and even people protesting for same sex marriage in which case its a positive thing in my eyes.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skippergroe, Rose

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319786

Lewis_is_java wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
narexa wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
Nogtog wrote:

Identity politics is a hard one for me pal some of these groups have this identity of who they are and form groups so they can support each other cause more often than not they suffer at the hands of abuse and oppression because of their identity, and then the obvious problem with this is that these formations of groups is that they cause a further separation in society and create hate between groups that are not of the same type.

I think a difference exist between going off what someone identifies as and people sticking in groups cause safety in numbers and relating to issues faced. But it does seems like everyone NEEDS to be part of one of these groups and it tends to be whatever is closest to whatever you are, no group exists for people who don't want to be in a group like myself. I get put into groups which I never wanted, because I don't believe skin colour, gender or sexual preference matters it bothers me to hear "Oh you would believe in that BECAUSE you are a straight (although its incorrect but people assume, ironic that) white and male "

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319788

EviIstewie wrote:
I think a difference exist between going off what someone identifies as and people sticking in groups cause safety in numbers and relating to issues faced. But it does seems like everyone NEEDS to be part of one of these groups and it tends to be whatever is closest to whatever you are, no group exists for people who don't want to be in a group like myself. I get put into groups which I never wanted, because I don't believe skin colour, gender or sexual preference matters it bothers me to hear "Oh you would believe in that BECAUSE you are a straight (although its incorrect but people assume, ironic that) white and male "

I completely understand your frustration on this one, but I also think that, not needing to even think about joining some sort of movement or group is a privilege within itself, a large amount of these groups are in minorities and don't have supportive people around them e.g. friends, family etc. So they band together in these close-nit groups to push their belief system and try to make change.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319792

The entire "superstraight" thing was literally created/popularised as a massive troll with the intention to be transphobic and for people to associate with Nazis.

I'm going to lock this thread as the thing is just straight up transphobic (or intended to be as such regardless), and it seems like civil discussion has been had for those who wanted it, but these forums aren't the place for discussion on whether or not something that is transphobic is or not, so the best place to continue further discussion would be in DMs.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by TheXnator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XxmasterxX, narexa, MsRevine, User01293, Markus and 8 more...
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

146 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf
0/32