Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Super Straight" discussion

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319628

Lets keep the unneeded hatred away from this thread, its all been heard before, not funny, keep it to yourself. This is open for discussion but no random hate please :zarp: :heart:

Today I found out about "SuperStraight". For those who don't know super straight is a "new sexuality/preference" that means you are only attracted towards cis (same sex/gender since birth) people of the opposite gender. "SuperGay" and "SuperLesbian" is also a thing which is cis same gender attraction. I think its got a few sides to it, first one and the reason it was created was so you could put yourself in a group that does not have attraction towards someone who is transgender (example would be a male who is not attracted to someone who was born a male and has transitioned and uses she/her aka a female) People who have come out as super straight have been harassed and been called trans-phobic, that being said it is met with "I was born this way I can't help my preference" which I personally can agree with, I have come to accept people are the way they are and I think having it in return is equality (Although I don't "identify" with SuperStraight) . Second group is using it to take the piss out of how many different genders/sexual preferences now exist which is just petty but it doesn't seem to have actual hate behind it. Third group is using it to be malicious and just down right dickheads.

Im not sure if theres any other groups related to this topic but I am interested in what everyone thinks?
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043
The topic has been locked.

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319629

This is gonna be a massive shitstorm I see it already, in my opinion; It's just a bait term used to get a rise out of trans people or others that don't identify as cis, it's super petty and the large majority of people doing it are transphobic but its the internet so I'm not all that surprised.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, CEO of Business, Skippergroe, Rose

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319630

It's just not needed is it. If you aren't attracted to trans people that should be treated as a preference the same as not being attracted to girls with blonde hair for example. Labelling yourself as "super straight" makes you sound like some sort of nazi and you're just gonna attract hate when you could just keep it simple. I guarantee most of the people who identify as superman or whatever are transphobic and just want to push it in everyone's face.
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3435
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Oscar Bobb, Skippergroe, Rose

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319631

I would not be interested in dating a trans person, does that mean I am super straight?
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: illegalimmigrant

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319632

I believe that its a product of internalized homophobia/transphobia. Imagine being so insecure in your sexuality that you have to label yourself as "super straight".

That being said I am a firm believer that people should be able to identify as whatever they view themselves as internally in order to make themselves feel more comfortable and that extends to people that I disagree with.
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog, Skippergroe, Rose

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319634

Morgan wrote:
I would not be interested in dating a trans person, does that mean I am super straight?
Yeah
  • illegalimmigrant
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dont worry im hilarious
  • Thanks received: 526

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319635

Morgan wrote:
Indeed.
  • Turtlx69
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1541

The following user(s) said Thank You: 1231231231

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319636

Morgan wrote:

No, you're just straight. I personally don't believe it makes you transphobic to not necessarily want to date trans people, (unless your preference for not wanting to date trans people stems from some preconceived notion of trans people or hatred towards them)
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog, Skippergroe, Rose

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319637

narexa wrote:
Morgan wrote:

No, you're just straight. I personally don't believe it makes you transphobic to not necessarily want to date trans people, (unless your preference for not wanting to date trans people stems from some preconceived notion of trans people or hatred towards them)
No it sounds like he's superstraight by definition
  • illegalimmigrant
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319638

illegalimmigrant wrote:
narexa wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Yeah but the point is that the term should not exist. Just say you don't want to date trans people for whatever reason that might be without using a ridiculous term that makes you sound like a neo-nazi. What's next? Super White?
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3435
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skippergroe, Rose

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319640

Nogtog wrote:
illegalimmigrant wrote:
narexa wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Yeah but the point is that the term should not exist. Just say you don't want to date trans people for whatever reason that might be without using a ridiculous term that makes you sound like a neo-nazi. What's next? Super White?
Why does your opinion matter on what should exist and should not exist
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
  • Thanks received: 1540
a

3^ the Serb
JayHouse on top forever, fuck around and find out :)
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

The following user(s) said Thank You: illegalimmigrant

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319641

Nogtog wrote:
illegalimmigrant wrote:
narexa wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Illegal immigrants post was a bait
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog, Skippergroe

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319645

JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Nogtog wrote:
illegalimmigrant wrote:
narexa wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Although this comment isn't towards me, that's a fair point to make. However, super straight was created and is used to make a mockery of trans individuals and the issues they face on a daily basis. The guy who "created" it himself, intended for it to be humorous and deleted the tiktok shortly after, anybody can call themselves Super Straight that's fine by me, but you do look like a dick, just call yourself straight and keep your preferences to yourself and not weaponize them to belittle non cis individuals.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog, Skippergroe

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319646

narexa wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Nogtog wrote:
illegalimmigrant wrote:
narexa wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Although this comment isn't towards me, that's a fair point to make. However, super straight was created and is used to make a mockery of trans individuals and the issues they face on a daily basis. The guy who "created" it himself, intended for it to be humorous and deleted the tiktok shortly after, anybody can call themselves Super Straight that's fine by me, but you do look like a dick, just call yourself straight and keep your preferences to yourself and not weaponize them to belittle non cis individuals.
Just don't see why this is a discussion at all
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
  • Thanks received: 1540
a

3^ the Serb
JayHouse on top forever, fuck around and find out :)
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319647

Nogtog wrote:
illegalimmigrant wrote:
narexa wrote:
Morgan wrote:

No super white doesn't make sense honestly, white isnt a sexuality to begin with. From my understanding, adding super in front of it just signifies that you're only attracted to the biological sex. If it was super gay or super lesbian yeah it'd make sense
  • illegalimmigrant
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319657

I identify as based
  • Otto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5
The following user(s) said Thank You: CEO of Business

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319667

There are so many labels already why would these be needed...
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • "We're all gonna make it brah"
  • Thanks received: 2485
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319668

From what I've seen it all stems from people being labelled as transphobic for not wanting to date trans people and a bunch of trolls deciding to make a new sexuality to provoke transgender people more, personally I disagree with being attacked for only dating cis people and while super straight might be a normal preference it does sound like a troll
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319669

Sure there might be some people using it to be transphobic but in theory it’s fine in my eyes, people can be attracted to whatever, same going for what they aren’t attracted to. Sure, it’s not like i think it’s vitally important that a term like this exists, but I don’t see why not and it certainly isn’t transphobic to not be attracted to trans people.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1298
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis

"Super Straight" discussion 3 years 1 month ago #1319695

why should there be a class and title for everything now? thats just another way to catch attention if im not mistaken. i think anyone shouldnt be referring to themselves with anything other than human beings
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank_
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

315 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
20/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40